• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU official: Trump admin *WONT* withdraw from Paris Climate Accord

While many conservatives lauded the decision because of their rejection of climate science, the Trump White House, officially, exited out of the deal because they believed the terms of the agreement were too restrictive on economic interests. It's possible that the Trump administration has loosened their demands, and if so, then that would signal a re-entry to the eyes of some diplomats.

Whether or not it actually happens is another thing. As I said earlier, his base wanted to exit the agreement for ideological reasons - not economical.

nel e nel

While many conservatives lauded the decision because of their rejection of climate science, the Trump White House, officially, exited out of the deal because they believed the terms of the agreement were too restrictive on economic interests. It's possible that the Trump administration has loosened their demands, and if so, then that would signal a re-entry to the eyes of some diplomats.

Whether or not it actually happens is another thing. As I said earlier, his base wanted to exit the agreement for ideological reasons - not economical.

Except that 10 years ago many Republicans were on board with climate science. Then we elected a black president.

https://youtu.be/O4Q8Nm4ksVU

Tigress

Is the Trump Administration still gutting the EPA? Because I feel that matters way more than if we're in the Paris Climate Accord or not.

Unfortunately yes and I agree that the EPA is going to matter more in how the us takes care of the environment. But, at this point I'll be happy about a small win but I agree we shouldn't think it's all good now.

Top Bottom