• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - 12 Deals of Christmas

if only we could gift PSN keys, i'll be giving my OG PS4 to my girlfriend's brother when i get my pro, and he'd sure as hell appreciate a deal on
FIFA 17

If he has a PSN account already, if you want to gift him the game, could you not just give him a PSN voucher code that covers the cost of the game, then he could redeem it on the web store and buy it from there, then download it to the PS4 once you give it to him?
I think that should work.

Welp, looks like Russian rumor was legit. Yesterday some Russian websites posted this list and Dishonored II was #3.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Dishonored II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
Battlefield 1
Uncharted 4
Titanfall 2
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
FIFA 17
Grand Theft Auto V
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy XV

Wow the list really seems to be legit.

Skyrim is on sale.

RodzTF

Nabbed Skyrim. Poured 108 hours into it on release and platinumed.

Will be nice to have digital to jump in here and there (a.k.a. will probably platinum again & 100% DLCs)

Got it for less on the American Store so not too displeased. If Uncharted is less than £15 I will rebuy it.

I wouldn't mind a cheap Dark Souls 3 too as I want to go digital as much as possible.

Skyrim in 4K is pretty good, although it does not have HDR which would have benefited it greatly.

Retsudo

Yeah. Should have never bought Watch Dogs 2.

Glad I waited for Dishonored 2. 50% off in less than 1 month.

I did the same with WD2 lol luckily i managed to complete it before the sales hit, and sold it for almost the same price i bought it.

Hmm not a bad price for Skyrim if you want it digital
It's going for pretty much the same price physical here (UK) though so I'll pass

Auctopus

Oooh, I'm tempted by Skyrim but I'm reminded of late 2011 when Dark Souls made me realise how average Skyrim was in lots of ways. Not to hate on the game, the free-roaming and RPG aspect of the game is really great but I don't know if I'm gonna be instantly bored after playing it for an hour.

Buuuut, there is the expansions and mods now. I'll probably pull the trigger.

SJRB

Gold Member
Skyrim Remastered for 28 euros..?

ehhbaoe4.gif

Fliesen

If he has a PSN account already, if you want to gift him the game, could you not just give him a PSN voucher code that covers the cost of the game, then he could redeem it on the web store and buy it from there, then download it to the PS4 once you give it to him?
I think that should work.

well, call me a romantic, but seeing as he won't be getting my PS4 until christmas day and i prefer it to be a surprise, i don't really see how i could convince him to buy the digital version of a game for a console he doesn't own yet, just in case ;)

CGwizz

Watch Dogs 2 will be mine, it a shame it's the second last deal on the list.

How do you know ? Is this true? if yes i am happy.

Anyone have skyrim on ps4 pro and recommend? Are there problems with the game? Framerate is stable on psPro, i am asking because i dont want to regret buying a shit port again for this game...

CGwizz

Welp, looks like Russian rumor was legit. Yesterday some Russian websites posted this list and Dishonored II was #3.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Dishonored II
Battlefield 1
Uncharted 4
Titanfall 2
FIFA 17
Grand Theft Auto V
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy XV

Damn, i think i will wait this time, fuck skyrim , i am going to save the money and buy uncharted 4 and watch dogs 2 :D

black070

How do you know ? Is this true? if yes i am happy.

Anyone have skyrim on ps4 pro and recommend? Are there problems with the game? Framerate is stable on psPro, i am asking because i dont want to regret buying a shit port again for this game...

Buy with confidence - Skyrim Special Edition runs great with the latest patch, and looks absolutely beautiful, especially if you have a 4K TV.

ValfarHL

Well Fuck, I just bought Titanfall 2 for a gazillion dollars compared to what the Christmas sale price will be.

Very Good list if legit. No way FFXV will be 50% off huh?

DagsJT

Well Fuck, I just bought Titanfall 2 for a gazillion dollars compared to what the Christmas sale price will be.

Very Good list if legit. No way FFXV will be 50% off huh?

FF isn't a week old yet, is it? I know prices are dropping quickly but 50% after a couple of weeks seems a little optimistic.

Malcolm9

Definitely hoping the FF XIV offer is true, might look to pick it up at that price. I want to get it now but going through a current backlog so it's pointless buying it at the current price if it's going to sit in a draw for a month or two.

black070

Can't believe FFXV is gonna be on sale before WoFF lmao, guess I know which one I'll pick up first

I think they put a brand new game up as one of the 12 Deals last year aswell and the price wasn't anything too special - I'd imagine it going down to £39.99 realistically, but £34.99 would be a surprisingly good price for digital.

Disappointed World of Final Fantasy isn't part of the deals though.

Can't believe FFXV is gonna be on sale before WoFF lmao, guess I know which one I'll pick up first
To be fair, I'm expecting that sale price to be terrible. The physical game has been around 50€ pretty much everywhere since launch, but it has a 70€ digital price tag. I expect that digital sale to just match the effective retail price. I'd bite at 40, but I don't see it happening.

I don't know why I bother checking this topic, as I already know what's coming and I don't want any of them.

I take it the fortnightly sales have been canned while this is going on?

black070

I don't know why I bother checking this topic, as I already know what's coming and I don't want any of them.

I take it the fortnightly sales have been canned while this is going on?

Seems like it, though a few odd games are seeing Plus discounts e.g. Amazing Spiderman 2 for £9.99, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for £12.99 etc.

Here's hoping we get a full Christmas sale to follow after the last deal with more inspired choices, otherwise it'll next be the January sales.

Ohh i really don't know bout this skyrim buy...

I never completed it, made it To the last couple of quests, on PS3 because of a bug and it ran like shit and there was load problems because of some bug...

Dunno...

Any impressions of it in Pro ?

Edit: Ahh fuck it. I bought it.

Now for BF1!

I'm really glad that I've stopped stressin about backlog. I have a huge amount of games that I haven't finished but I don't feel the compulsive need to finish them anymore. When I feel like playing something I do.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I'm really glad that I've stopped stressin about backlog. I have a huge amount of games that I haven't finished but I don't feel the compulsive need to finish them anymore. When I feel like playing something I do.

That's probably the best thing to do. Maybe make a list of games you haven't played/finished yet that you feel you HAVE to play. Other than that, just play what you want, when you want to.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
That's probably the best thing to do. Maybe make a list of games you haven't played/finished yet that you feel you HAVE to play. Other than that, just play what you want, when you want to.
Or just stick to buying games only when you want to play them? Buying so much just because it's on sale will probably cost you more at the end of the day then if you always pay full price but only buy the game when you actually want to play it.

This "I have to buy it now because it's on sale and one day I want to play it anyway and when I do I don't want to pay the full price" mindset is hard to get over but everyone should try to. I mean, by the time you actually want to play the games they'll prolly have been on sale a dozen time already.

Is Amazing Spider-Man 2 any good, can anyone tell me? Worth a tenner?

I enjoyed it pretty much, but I tend to give Spidey games more credit than they might deserve. Still, web slinging is great, combat is, well, it works. I like it but I've seen people criticizing it. Didn't have any trouble with it.
There are also some stages where you play as Peter Parker, which I really appreciate.

Oh, and visiting Stan Lee in his comic store is always nice! :)

If you're a Spiderman fan, I'm positive you're gonna like it. I'm a fan since the mid-eighties and the fan service worked for my old ass. :D

I enjoyed it pretty much, but I tend to give Spidey games more credit than they might deserve. Still, web slinging is great, combat is, well, it works. I like it but I've seen people criticizing it. Didn't have any trouble with it.
There are also some stages where you play as Peter Parker, which I really appreciate.

Oh, and visiting Stan Lee in his comic store is always nice! :)

If you're a Spiderman fan, I'm positive you're gonna like it. I'm a fan since the mid-eighties and the fan service worked for my old ass. :D

Thanks for the comments, but I have since come around to my senses and realised I'm not really interested in it; I'm only thinking of buying it because it's cheap!

How much do you guys think Uncharted will drop to?

Well, Skyrim was £25 on Black Friday and £23 in this sale, and I'm pretty sure Uncharted 4 was £25 back then too, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got the same price drop.

TimFL

Is Amazing Spider-Man 2 any good, can anyone tell me? Worth a tenner?

The first one felt more like a complete game (although it had webs-to-the-sky swinging). The sequel feels overall a bit cheap (story, boss fights, side quests etc.) + the Hero or Menace system is annoying (forces you to do side quests 24/7 or you'll get hunted by flying robots).
Go for it if you are a Spidey fan otherwise you'll most likely be disappointed.

This is kind of off-topic but (is there a topic for the other sales going on?): I saw Marvel Ultimate Alliance games on sale (both 19€). Did they patch the horrible launch day bugs/performance I read about or is it still a broken mess? Could be a great co-op game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Dishonored II
Battlefield 1
Uncharted 4
Titanfall 2
FIFA 17
Grand Theft Auto V
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy XV

Meh what a crappy sale - bunch of games which are too new to be seriously discounted so we will get prices that those titles should have costed in digital distribution normally if savings were truly passed to consumer.

black070

I think we just got the January sale early last year, didn't we?

Edit: Yup:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161677

Sweet, that's ideal for me since I'll have more free time post-Christmas week then I will in January.. I say that while my girlfriend makes a thousand plans for us. :(

Thanks for the comments, but I have since come around to my senses and realised I'm not really interested in it; I'm only thinking of buying it because it's cheap!

You're telling me, I bought the game on the last sale for £14.99 !

This is kind of off-topic but (is there a topic for the other sales going on?): I saw Marvel Ultimate Alliance games on sale (both 19€). Did they patch the horrible launch day bugs/performance I read about or is it still a broken mess? Could be a great co-op game.

I don't know for certain, but given this is Activision I would wager nothing has been fixed.

Meh what a crappy sale - bunch of games which are too new to be seriously discounted so we will get prices that those titles should have costed in digital distribution normally if savings were truly passed to consumer.

Don't worry, as we'll have the January/New Year sale in a couple of weeks and there will be all sorts in that sale.

You're telling me, I bought the game on the last sale for £14.99 !

And have you played it yet?! ;)

Nice deals on Doom and Dark Souls 2 if you guys didn't notice yet (EU store). :)

I can't access the site right now - how much are they?

Top Bottom