• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Sale - 100s of games discounted on PSN - Retro / Digital / Cod / SF5

Auctopus

The date that it says the sale ends, can you still purchase at sale price on that day? I think it's the 31st that SFV runs out, can I get it on that day?

halfbeast

Banned
re-bought most of the SEGA games I already have (but can't remember on what account). also, ridge racer 7 in 3D to put my shitty tv's gimmick to work.

Zyrox

How are the PS2 to PS3 versions of Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2 and Lucifer's Call? Good emulation? How are the PAL-Ports? Stretched and slower? Or just lower framerate?

Played through all 3 of these on PS3. Nocturne ran fine, DDS1 had some issues, some framedrops here and there and out of synch cutscenes, especially early on. That was a little jarring, but nothing gamebreaking.
DDS2 also ran fine like Nocturne IIRC.

Nocturne was the US version and the other 2 PAL.

Tizoc

Tsk seems the Season Pass only applies to the account that bought it :/
Ah well the trials and Easy Survival aren't that tough to rack up the FM needed for Season 2 and the other stuff :p

finley83

Banned
Finally picked up Daytona! Had put a moratorium on buying any games for a good while but didn't want to miss out as I still regret never getting Outrun HD...

Bishop89

Looks like P3P has been cheaper than it is now a few times in the last year

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/19436/persona-3-portable

Might hold fire on it for now, seeing as I'd be months away from getting around to it anyway
Sure you want to risk it? Lol.

Might be a long time before it goes on sale again.
I don't think psprices is accurate. i was checking the history on the bundle and it was showing as cheaper than I actually bought it for. I checked my purchase history and it was a few dollars more than what psprices was showing

Sure you want to risk it? Lol.

Might be a long time before it goes on sale again.
I don't think psprices is accurate. i was checking the history on the bundle and it was showing as cheaper than I actually bought it for. I checked my purchase history and it was a few dollars more than what psprices was showing

It depends a lot on how impatient they are to play the game and how bothered they are over a couple of quid, but Atlas games do tend to go on sale quite frequently and I've definitely seen P3P on sale for £7.99 in the past.

woopWOOP

I like the look of that Retro sale.

Never really looked into it before, but there's a lot of PS1/2 games on PSN now.
I think I might get a whole bunch of classics like Spyro, Tomba and Klona, since I'll be more inclined to actually play them instead of having to find a working PS1 somewhere :p
Plus I can try and sell the old discs I have to retro collectors or something, altho my Spyro case/disc is probably too fucked up to be worth anything...

How are the PS2 to PS3 versions of Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2 and Lucifer's Call? Good emulation? How are the PAL-Ports? Stretched and slower? Or just lower framerate?

IIRC DDS (1 at least) is a terrible PAL conversion. Slow and squished. Was the first and last Ghostlight game I bought for a long while because of that.

Lucifer's Call has a 60Hz option
Looks like P3P has been cheaper than it is now a few times in the last year

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/19436/persona-3-portable

Might hold fire on it for now, seeing as I'd be months away from getting around to it anyway

75p cheaper

come on

oni-link

It depends a lot on how impatient they are to play the game and how bothered they are over a couple of quid, but Atlas games do tend to go on sale quite frequently and I've definitely seen P3P on sale for £7.99 in the past.

Yeah I'll wait till its a little lower

Thing is I have 5 or 6 huge RPGs in the backlog already, so even if I picked it up here it wouldn't get touched for months and months

I'll take my chances on it dropping to £7.99 or lower in the next 18 months

75p cheaper

come on

See above, more of a backlog issue, I'm trying to stop myself from buying games unless I'm going to play them soon. I have 22 games in my backlog already, I don't want to become someone who just buys games and then never plays them

See above, more of a backlog issue, I'm trying to stop myself from buying games unless I'm going to play them soon. I have 22 games in my backlog already, I don't want to become someone who just buys games and then never plays them

You also have to consider publishing licenses for old games running out. See Dragon's Crown, Trails in the Sky (also Ghostlight!), Wild Arms XF and so many more

Sometimes games disappear without warning and never come back and you wish you bought them when you still could, especially when they were cheap. I'm not sure anyone would go through the trouble of re-publishing old PSP games if that were to happen.

SFV @ £20 is nice, but I bet the disc copy is going to be that soon enough and I expect an upgrade/expansion is in the works any way. Going to pass, but was tempted.

So any recommendations if I should pick up Wild Arms 3 or Arc the Lad: TOTS. Might as well jump to another PS2 RPG after I'm finished with Rogue Galaxy. Or are those two games poo poo?

I also realized I have bought almost every PSOne classic there is on EU store over the years minus a few ones I have no interest in lol. It's a shame they stopped releasing them, hopefully a new wave will come with PS4 some day. They usually have some great discounts too.

Andyliini

Bought Persona2/3 -bundle to play on my Vita. Pondering if should I buy Digital Devil Saga games and Lucifer's Call too, and just sell the physical versions.

Lindsaymv

As a complete beginner to fighting games (used to rent Tekken with buddies back in the day but...), how much will I realistically get out of Street Fighter 5? I have a huge backlog already but it's all tending towards longer games. Something multiplayer and casual I could pick up and play for a couple of rounds might be great, but money's a bit tight and it's hard to know if I'll really get into it or just give up after a week or two...

So any recommendations if I should pick up Wild Arms 3 or Arc the Lad: TOTS. Might as well jump to another PS2 RPG after I'm finished with Rogue Galaxy. Or are those two games poo poo?

I also realized I have bought almost every PSOne classic there is on EU store over the years minus a few ones I have no interest in lol. It's a shame they stopped releasing them, hopefully a new wave will come with PS4 some day. They usually have some great discounts too.

Wild Arms 3 is a great game - I can't remember where it fell down on the 50hz/60hz side of things but at the very least I thought it looked great. Only thing is it does have an issue where it crashes in battle - I only had it happen to me once but I think it's triggered more frequently by certain locations or spells so it might get worse later. Not a deal breaker necessarily, but worth researching and finding out which parts of the games you should be careful in and save often.

I'm cancelling my ps plus, arogant Sony is bavk with those sales! :)

Just when i thoughy i was done shopping for this year and a sale pops up! A lot psp games will be purchased tonight.

woopWOOP

By the way I guess I'll finally check out one of those Suikoden games then.

Which one of the three is considered the best one?

Bishop89

How is Wild Arms on the PS1?

Is the version on PSN good?

How goes it compare to the other PS1 RPGs on PSN?

imo it is one of the better jrpgs on the ps1.

Preferable to play the ps2 remake, but since that's not available, this is your only hope for a portable wild arms game.

I was just looking through the sale and noticed Riptide GP: Renegade is 33% off.

It is basically Hydro Thunder (with a few Wave Race elements), and a really good version of it too. As a fan of both those games I really liked this. Worthwhile if you are looking for something to pick up.

The only thing it is missing is a cool announcer,

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Can anyone tell me if gran tourismo 6 is or have been ever .. on digital sale.

After buying gt4 and playing bspec only mode.
I need my fix on my ps3.. thank you!

Kosen

Neo Member
Can I buy only one of the Spyro games for my Vita? Only the Trilogy is marked as compatible, the individual games are marked as PS3/PSP

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
God damn it. 5 months SFV doesnt go on sale. Then it goes on sale twice in a month and a half. Fucking hell. I paid $80 when i Could have paid $50, Fuck.

Just wondering on the Persona 2 + P3P bundle, it says on the store page that this is "PSP only" and won't let me buy it from the vita. It'll let me buy both games individually (more expensive) but not the bundle.

Is there a way around this to play it on vita or do I need to get both separately?

Bishop89

Just wondering on the Persona 2 + P3P bundle, it says on the store page that this is "PSP only" and won't let me buy it from the vita. It'll let me buy both games individually (more expensive) but not the bundle.

Is there a way around this to play it on vita or do I need to get both separately?
If I remember correctly, the games are still individually downloaded, so if you purchase the bundle you should be able to select either game from the Vita store and download.

Odd the bundle isn't showing up on the Vita store for you.

Top Bottom