• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal represent.
Yup, we're f*cked.

Here we go portugal vs the netherlands...that's gonna be fun :p

large_403221.jpeg

Brinbe

Can't f'n wait... As a true neutral, this tourney should be an amazing (and stress-free) watch. But I'm hoping for a mountain of surprises (and not just the expected Spain/Germany triumph) because following along in this thread will surely be just as entertaining.
KuGsj.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
all over this!!!

man i just LOVE it when that time of year comes around again and there's either a WC or a EC happening :)))) just makes the summertime that much better...

I am really rooting for Netherlands to take it home this time, they are WAY overdue now and got a great team!

Realistically it'll probably be Spain again or Germany though :(

We just need a new match-predicting animal.

I've decided that supporting England is going to be too much hassle this summer and Hodgson is going to be a laughable manager, so I'm going to support the next best country...

Wij houden van Oranje

dutch-girls.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
We just need a new match-predicting animal.

How that fucking octopus became International news I'll never know.

I'm gonna shit in my hand and throw it at a wall of flags, and while looking like some sort of hate crime I will in fact be predicting the Euro winner.

panty

What is this hype inside me.. it's growing.. HYYPPPEEDDDDD

My love for Özil is strong but I dislike the other german players.. except Khedira of course :lol

Spain, Holland, Germany, the winner is there somewhere.

Arjen

Hype!!! Group stages with Portugal and Germany will be brutal, voices wil be lost because of the shouting, hangovers wil be had. brrrrring it!

My money is on Spain retaining the trophy.

Makes sense... then again, the Champions League semi finals have shown that FC Barcelona CAN be beat and since they are essentially the spanish national team in terms of players and of style (quick passes, focused on possession and technically superior) the other teams must have picked up a thing or two on how to beat em in the long term so their day in the sun might be over!

Wilbur

Banned
I'd say Germany or Spain will win but think there will be a surprise somewhere. Wouldn't put it past Denmark to spring a surprise and WoodenLung to spunk all over GAF's collated servers. We'll all think 'oh no the forums crashed, it's like 2010 again' but really the blame lies with that pervert

Indeed, I hope they get knocked out early. The thought of that group of players being immortalized for doing well in any international competition is disturbing.

lol @ England... man how sad is that, what was their best result in recent times again at a major cup? the semis in 96 was it? At least they still had Paul Gascoigne back then for entertainment value! Nowadays they have...ugh i dunno, Lampard? ;(

Hype!!! Group stages with Portugal and Germany will be brutal, voices wil be lost because of the shouting, hangovers wil be had. brrrrring it!

I already feel the headaches ;) But we will prevail.

We'll win against denmark and portugal and tie against the germans :)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed, I hope they get knocked out early. The thought of that group of players being immortalized for doing well in any international competition is disturbing.

I can get behind this. I hope we get knocked out in the first round and somebody finally starts to take control of this mess.

start by getting rid of the players who are automatically chosen because of the teams they play for. Rooney, Terry, Cole, Lampard etc.

Wilbur

Banned
lol @ England... man how sad is that, what was their best result in recent times again at a major cup? the semis in 96 was it? At least they still had Paul Gascoigne back then for entertainment value! Nowadays they have...ugh i dunno, Lampard? ;(

Don't worry about entertainment from us, we have the accused racist John Terry, granny shagger and banned Wayne Rooney, diving cunt Ashley Young and £20m winger with no goals and no assists Stewart Downing

daviyoung

Banned
Croatia. Who?

angry+man+(5).png

Stopped England from qualifying in the 2008 Euro, and won the group.

They have dropped in quality in the past couple of years though.

I didn't care about Ireland, but now I hope they destroy you. Bottom of the group EIRE!

Arjen

I already feel the headaches ;) But we will prevail.

We'll win against denmark and portugal and tie against the germans :)

I'm hoping for a '88 scenario.
Lose the first match against the germans, win the other 2.
Meet them again in the Finals, and then crush them!
But it already is freakin awesome to have a match against Germany on a big tournament, it wil be epic.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry about entertainment from us, we have the accused racist John Terry, granny shagger and banned Wayne Rooney, diving cunt Ashley Young and £20m winger with no goals and no assists Stewart Downing

who decided that Stewart Downing was a good player? I don't get it.

you're right my bad i forgot about Rooney, the adopted son of Paul Gascoigne ;)

in terms of looks and bar brawls per month they're pretty fuckin close i reckon :D

Despite the bickering, i am actually a fan of Rooney though, shame he never really let lose that enormous potential of his though

Jubern

Let's do this !

France all the way for me too. I'm really not sure we'll get past the group stage, but considering how much the group matured since that debacle two years ago, I feel we actually have a better shot than last time.

Definitely not seeing us win, though, I'm not delusional.

NekoFever

Normally I'd agree, but I want Hodgson to do well so I can rub it in the faces of the Redknapp brigade.

Jamie OD

I'm here for the Irish. Will be adjusting my avatar to fit the occasion soon. I think we're capable of causing an upset or two in our group.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Staying up to 4-5am to watch these matches will be a fucking pain in the ass again.

The Netherlands are going to brutalise everyone and in return Football GAF are going to brutalise NeoGAF. GURU MEDITATION AND 500 ERRORS BITCHES! THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE!

Zabojnik

SLOVENIJAAAAA!!! Oh right, we didn't make it. :/

Interesting how everybody seems to be snubbing Italy. I'll admit I didn't follow them this past year, 'cause I was too busy watching Juventus kicking everybody's ass in Serie A, but I think they could be a pleasant surprise if Prandelli manages to motivate the lads properly.

FORZA AZZURRI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom