• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

I'm still working it out but here is my current controls...

8ELd8q4.png

Beautiful.

What are the odds of this going on sale again? I should have just bought it. Fuck man, every steam sale there's always one game I forget. I had money left over too so I could have gotten it :(

Milamber

I realized that the Horn is basically useless and assigning it to a button is wasteful. The AI will not give way to you even with you blaring at them and there is basically no penalty ingame if you do not even use it.

Still debating on the Beacon lights though.

Card Boy

Banned
No paypal, it's all in the steam wallet :(.

My only suggestion is get a Gaffer to put up a card or tf2 item on the market for like 10bucks and you buy it with Steam wallet money and they buy the game for you of Indie Gala. You may be spending like $11-12 that way. I'm sure Wilflare or someone will help you, i had a gaffer do the same for me when it came to Rocksmith.

My only suggestion is get a Gaffer to put up a card or tf2 item on the market for like 10bucks and you buy it with Steam wallet money and they buy the game for you of Indie Gala. You may be spending like $11-12 that way. I'm sure Wilflare or someone will help you, i had a gaffer do the same for me when it came to Rocksmith.

Or a Gaffer can pick a game he likes on steam under $9.99 or slightly above and we will trade for it :eek:

Milamber

If you have a wheel with a centre button, and the DFGT has a huge one in the middle, its satisfying to stomp on it while shouting abuse at a fucker who cut you up while making an exit, or while stuck in a traffic jam.
Like the indicators, they essentially add nothing, but using them enhances the immersion.

I thought you get ticketed if you do not use indicators at traffic light turnings. I may be wrong.

AMUSIX

Indicators make certain (polite) drivers stop and wait for you if you're pulling out onto their road, or give you right of way if you're making a lane change. Used to ignore them, now use them all the time.

My controller setup is this:

LT - Brake
RT - Accel
LB - Lights
RB - Attach/Detach
D-pad L - left indicator
D-pad R - right indicator
D-pad U - high beams
D-pad D - Hazards (will change this to something else, though)
Y - Wipers
X - Shift down
B - Shift up
A - activate
Back - music
Start - Map (though might change this to kill engine
L3 - Horn (don't use it)
R3 - Camera change (for certain parking jobs)

I thought you get ticketed if you do not use indicators at traffic light turnings. I may be wrong.

Nah. I've turned without indicating at traffic lights and I haven't gotten ticketed.

Do you play with auto transmission? I don't see gear shifts assigned to any buttons.

Kiraly

Anyone knows a good (obscure) radio? A radio which makes you feel you really are in another country, with some national songs and some popular English songs? I'm Dutch, so NL / GB / BE / GER stations won't cut it I'm afraid. Looking for a popular Czech or Polish one or something like that.

I'm still working it out but here is my current controls...

8ELd8q4.png

Um, where are you normal brakes? The engine brake and the regular brakes are not the same thing. The engine brake is there to provide additional braking to the regular brakes, not a replacement for them.

Youtube video showing the three different brake types. You have to have a transmission with the R after it for retarder use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XLcxDOvi8

Trucker comment on that vid that sums it all up perfectly.
I use the retarder basically in downhills, adjusting it to mantain or reduce the speed, also sometimes in highways when I know in advance I need to brake.

I use the engine brake to slowly reduce my speed, for example in secondary roads when I got another truck or car in front, to control my speed.

And I use the disc brake in cities, intersections, highways and other roads, depending on the situations.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Replace completely, the existing ones are sent to the bottom of the list. Also...

TruckSimMap 3.5 for v1.4.8+ ETS2 has been released!

Aw man, I play this game too much with the default map and cities as it is, if I add that city mod I don't know how I'd handle it. Still, I'm really curious to see what this mod is like. I just may have to install it and have a look see (after I back up m save of course, just in case).

Milamber

Aw man, I play this game too much with the default map and cities as it is, if I add that city mod I don't know how I'd handle it. Still, I'm really curious to see what this mod is like. I just may have to install it and have a look see (after I back up m save of course, just in case).

I'm having issues with that TSM 3.5... While amazing, it also gave me 5 million euros. I'm trying to figure out a way for it to not do that.

OrangeOak

I would also recommend louder traffic mod which makes ai cars louder when you play in interior view.Without mod they are pretty much unhearable.I think it gives a lot but it is only for people that are playing almost only in cockpit view because it makes other views pretty loud.
There is also mod that changes all gas stations to real ones and "no yawn" mod for people that are annoyed with yawning sound when you are tired.

I packed them in one rar file and you can find it here if interested.

https://mega.co.nz/#!OYwX3TqL!ao5lEnxN1A2LwRSEm88HHQhrgcp6ZsTQs35hTc93Dg8

Trez

Neo Member
I'm having issues with that TSM 3.5... While amazing, it also gave me 5 million euros. I'm trying to figure out a way for it to not do that.

There's a file at the bottom of the German download page of TSM 3.5 that says 'startkapital', which means you get money at the beginning. Did you download that as well by chance?

EDIT: It seems that you have to download that file for you to start with 2000 euros instead of 5 million, so there's your solution!

Milamber

There's a file at the bottom of the German download page of TSM 3.5 that says 'startkapital', which means you get money at the beginning. Did you download that as well by chance?

Oh shit. That was what it was. Thanks.

EDIT: Well I feel stupid. I should read more but getting through all that german hurts.

Mengy

EDIT: It seems that you have to download that file for you to start with 2000 euros instead of 5 million, so there's your solution!

That's good to know, wouldn't want to cheat money wise like that. I actually have over a million euros to my name in game now, and I earned that legit with no mods. Of course I have five garages running too, that helps alot. Once you get a few garages up with five bays to each garage full of drivers who have skilled up a bit, well the money really starts rolling in. I've become a rich spoiled business owner now, buying trucks just to bling them out with crazy paint jobs and lights everywhere simply for the fun of it.

Yeah, I may just install that mod tonight and start exploring the new territories. I should probably check out that physics mod too.

Trez

Neo Member
Oh shit. That was what it was. Thanks.

EDIT: Well I feel stupid. I should read more but getting through all that german hurts.

I'm just lucky that German is a required course in the Netherlands;)
I can read and understand it, but don't ask me to speak it..

But that modlist you posted earlier is really helpfull, I was looking for some mods to work with the 1.4 patch!

Trez

Neo Member
You're all set. Each of those mods work perfectly. My list is...

TSM Map 3.5
ETS 2 Rain & Thunder Sounds
Realistic Physics Mod v7.0 (1.4.1+)
Radio Stations 461+
trailers-pack-le-1.8.0-1.4.1 (Realistic Trailer Textures)
zFirmenmod_TSM_3 (Real Companies)

Could you provide a download link for that last Real Companies mod? Having some trouble finding it on google.

EDIT: Nvm, I registered at the site and now I can download the files.

One thing I know I'm doing is shifting too late but I feel like there is a lot more power in the blue area on the tachometer. Does this increase wear on the engine? Also, I believe skipping gears and starting on a higher gear is standard practice? I drive manual transmission every day but my 5 speed Subaru Outback just isn't quite the same.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
With that new map, did they add a lot of new objects and terrains as well? Or is it copy-pasted stuff, so if you're driving around in Greece it looks like Germany?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hope you guys are using Realistic Physics Mod v7.0 for v1.4.1+. Feels much more raw!

Also for the new joiners that didn't see this...

http://pastebin.com/4FZpU2iZ

Just download it to...

Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\

...and replace/rename your "live_streams.sii" with this one. All the stations are categorized and all the BBC ones here work. That's 461 extra radio stations!
Those genre/category names are great. Jazz Jackrabbit made me laugh.

Worth it? Are the new cities and routes well done?

Trez

Neo Member
With that new map, did they add a lot of new objects and terrains as well? Or is it copy-pasted stuff, so if you're driving around in Greece it looks like Germany?

Well they made Africa really look like some desert landscape, in my eyes it's as convincing as the roads of Europe are as the developers made them.

Double D

I haven't been playing with any mods. Just a graphic optimization sweetfx configuration someone has. Does look much cleaner.

http://gsngaming.com/topic/9093-euro-truck-simulator-2-sweetfx-v14/

Will have to add physics mod for sure when I get home. I have my own radio stations added for Idobi radio and SomaFM.

I've never used SweetFX. I assume it's pretty simple?

Also, I can't get my Mp3's to play at all. I can see them in the game, but when I click them nothing plays.

Mengy

It would be nice to consolidate some of the most posted mods in this thread on the OP.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Tonight I'm going to try a few out for myself, maybe take a few pics too, and after that I'll probably add a Mod section to the OP. I still want to pretty it up some too, but that is less important.

When you install the map pack, does the world just become a lot more dense? Do you find yourself constantly using on ramps and exits? I'd like more areas to explore for sure but I do appreciate having long stretches of open road too.

Addnan

For some reason the camera keeps twitching. My mouse isn't moving, even tried disconnecting it, but the camera keeps having sudden small movements.

brentech

I've never used SweetFX. I assume it's pretty simple?

Also, I can't get my Mp3's to play at all. I can see them in the game, but when I click them nothing plays.
Yea. Unzip the file and open the folder. Place all their files in the games BIN folder and you're set.

statham

okay, just bought a second truck and hired a driver, hes tied to the truck but just "resting", how do I make him work?

Double D

okay, just bought a second truck and hired a driver, hes tied to the truck but just "resting", how do I make him work?

He'll get off his ass soon enough. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't figured out any way to 'manage' your drivers other than selecting which upgrades you want them to earn.

brentech

Probably resting because they have to travel to your garage location. Early on they most take loads from your garage city to wherever they can, then as they level up, they'll start bringing loads back with them and earning more often.

jyoung188

Um, where are you normal brakes? The engine brake and the regular brakes are not the same thing. The engine brake is there to provide additional braking to the regular brakes, not a replacement for them.

Youtube video showing the three different brake types. You have to have a transmission with the R after it for retarder use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XLcxDOvi8

Trucker comment on that vid that sums it all up perfectly.

Is it bad that I have the option on that automatically does the engine break whenever I brake worth the disks? And I've never used the retarder, does this increase wear and tear on my truck by not using it? I'm out if buttons on my xbox 360 wheel but I guess I could remap it to add engine brake and retarders.

Is it bad that I have the option on that automatically does the engine break whenever I brake worth the disks? And I've never used the retarder, does this increase wear and tear on my truck by not using it? I'm out if buttons on my xbox 360 wheel but I guess I could remap it to add engine brake and retarders.

Oh, didn't know you had it double mapped. Having the disc brakes and engine brake on the same button isn't bad, it is just going to be aggressive braking whenever you use it. Being able to use the engine brake is nice on the highway when you need to make subtle speed adjustments without jamming on the brakes. I don't think there is brake wear in the game so at the end of the day it is more about driving preference. I have never used the retarder either since there isn't enough hills in the game to justify ever using it. They need some crazy mountain passes.

Mengy

Okay, I updated the OP with links to a few mods and adding the radio stations. If anyone can think of any other really great mods or such to add to the list just let me know.

Milamber

Okay, I updated the OP with links to a few mods and adding the radio stations. If anyone can think of any other really great mods or such to add to the list just let me know.

Your "Link to pastebin data for new radio stations" link is broken, dude.

Also if they will try the TSM3.5, might as well add the TSM Map 3.5 Starting cash €2,000 to not make them instant millionaires too.

The Realistic Company Mod is good as it is compatible with TSM 3.5.

Also I prefer this Realistic Trailer Pack... MOD MESSES WITH YOUR EARNINGS. IGNORE THIS MOD.

Rest of pictures in this link!

http://i.imgur.com/Eooz46E.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t6uYKiF.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Milamber

For some reason my R/L triggers aren't being recognized when I try to configure them... Limits me on a few things.

Under "Options", go to "Control" and set your acceleration and brake over there. Also choose the "keyboard + 360 controller" on top as your control method.

brentech

Was just about to post that one of the mods has changed my earning ability dramatically =\
But I can't disable it without my file getting messed up and setting me back

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Everytime I try to listen to the internet radio stations the game freezes and becomes unresponsive.

I have to drive everywhere with only the rumbling sound of the engine and tires on the road.

statham

My two hired drivers are losing alot of money, between them and my loan payments I'm going to have to up my deliveries.

Top Bottom