• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
But are they worth bothering with? I never played any management game, so this would be my first if I choose to mess with that stuff. The problem is that I don't know if I want to.

I like it because now I have a steady income, and I can pretty much drive around sightseeing and do whatever job I want, irregardless of how much or how little money it makes. Like in real life, financial independence has it's perks and rewards. :)

Plus, to be honest, managing the garages and drivers is kind of fun. I'd have more garages already if I wasn't busy pimping out my own trucks to drive with all of my income.

Double D

I am totally impulse buying a wheel because of this game. I probably need a track IR and 2 more monitors. Because trucks.

Watevaman

I am totally impulse buying a wheel because of this game. I probably need a track IR and 2 more monitors. Because trucks.

If you're really gonna do those, just get the two monitors. I find TrackIR to be a bit more suited for flight sims and Arma than for racing/driving games. With triple monitors you have the peripheral vision you get while actually driving and you'd get a lot better view.

weevles

It's legitimate. I've bought from indie gala in the past. There have been issues with keys in the past (not with me personally) but they've always been resolved in fairly short order.

Thanks, I got it and successfully registered key on Steam.

In a side note, I accidently bought Euro Truck Sim One off Steam for $8.99 doh. /slap

jyoung188

4rlNQKB.gif

My favorite thing about Steam sales is finding a gem from something you had previously completely dismissed. Do not care---> on sale and people are talking about it---> dig around, dig around---> MUST HAVE. I always feel like I learn something about myself, and how I judge titles without knowing much about them at all.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Playing this game when high is pretty damn fun. I just took out a loan and bought my first truck.

JoseJX

My favorite thing about Steam sales is finding a gem from something you had previously completely dismissed. Do not care---> on sale and people are talking about it---> dig around, dig around---> MUST HAVE. I always feel like I learn something about myself, and how I judge titles without knowing much about them at all.

Totally agree. To be honest, the only reason why I even contemplated buying this game was because it had been ported natively to Linux. And now, I'm running a trucking company with a few employees. Awesome, but completely unexpected. I usually tend to play strategy games, so this is a pretty big departure from the norm for me, but it's awesome!

Unfortunately, on Linux (opt into the beta if you want to try it), the radio doesn't seem to work in game. I'm just playing a channel outside of the game for now. Still great though!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Only if you want a passive income to invest in more businesses, trucks, and all truck parts as soon as possible. I kept 2 layers of saves. One with no company and one with my fledgling startup company.
That sounds interesting. Gotta make the best transport company out there!

Short and to the point, I like it!

I like it because now I have a steady income, and I can pretty much drive around sightseeing and do whatever job I want, irregardless of how much or how little money it makes. Like in real life, financial independence has it's perks and rewards. :)

Plus, to be honest, managing the garages and drivers is kind of fun. I'd have more garages already if I wasn't busy pimping out my own trucks to drive with all of my income.
Oh, that's a smart thing to do. So you can get other people to do the job for you, while you travel at your own leisure. Sweet!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Just did the first assignment!

Took forever to park the damned truck XD

Also hit a few things, and got a speeding ticket :lol

Watevaman

A tip for you guys who don't know: you can detach the trailer if parking is becoming a chore or if you've almost got it perfect but can't fix your truck's position without screwing up the trailer. Just line up your truck for a better angle and reattach the trailer.

A tip for you guys who don't know: you can detach the trailer if parking is becoming a chore or if you've almost got it perfect but can't fix your truck's position without screwing up the trailer. Just line up your truck for a better angle and reattach the trailer.

WHAT. This would help soooo much. I will try this when I get home from work. Thanks for the tip!!

How do you detach the trailer? The same way you attach it, press T?

...does that mean I can detach the trailer ANYWHERE??

brentech

WHAT. This would help soooo much. I will try this when I get home from work. Thanks for the tip!!

How do you detach the trailer? The same way you attach it, press T?

...does that mean I can detach the trailer ANYWHERE??

Yeah, If you're stopped and hit T, it will detach.

OrangeOak

Nice. Looks essentially how I approach parking as well. Try to straighten out the trailer and then use out the window reverse steering. Works pretty well.

Thanks,my fellow trucker ;D

Man, you must have a wheel the way you swing that truck around. Driving with the Xbox controller works well, but I can't steer as fast nor as fluidly as that.

Wonder what a G27 goes for on Amazon...

This was actually played with xbox controller.Try adjusting controls in menu if your steering wheel is moving very fast.I know someone that had some problems with it.

I'm confused about what the "time until next rest stop" thing on the GPS screen means... is it the time until the next bed icon on your route, or time until you need to take a rest?

I always assumed it was the first one, but I let it run down to zero minutes tonight and there wasn't a rest area anywhere near me.

Double D

You guys are probably right about the track ir. I've been considering multiple monitors for a while do I wouldn't just be for this game. And as far as the Oculus Rift goes, I'm waiting for the retail version. I assume a GTX 770 should be able to handle multiple monitors just fine?

Milamber

You guys are probably right about the track ir. I've been considering multiple monitors for a while do I wouldn't just be for this game. And as far as the Oculus Rift goes, I'm waiting for the retail version. I assume a GTX 770 should be able to handle multiple monitors just fine?

Honestly, this games graphics is pretty forgiving. I'm truckin' along on a GTX 460 on a single monitor and everything is maxed out at 1080p resolution and it is smooth! Only framerate hiccups when I'm using mp3's and it's switching to next track.

Been playing this for the past hour and oddly enough, I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I believe the hype now.

An inquiry: I've been wanting to stream this on OBS for a friend. I have the game in Window mode yet it's been extremely frustrating to exit it out of game window without something going wrong (like losing control of the mouse when you go back into the game). Been searching on the internet to no avail so I figure I ask here if there's a safe way to leave the game, set up OBS, and go back in the game with full control.

This is my Xbox 360 gamepad bindings. I dedicated my faces buttons to braking and Dpad to lights.

Left trigger = Brake
Right trigger = Acceleration
Left bumper = Shift down
Right bumper = Shift up
Left stick = Steering
Left stick click = Horn
Right stick = Camera
Right stick click = Interior camera forward
Dpad up = Highbeams
Dpad down = Light modes
Dpad left = Left indicator
Dpad right = Right indicator
A = Motor brake
B = Parking brake
X = Retarder decrease
Y = Retarder increase
Start = Start/stop engine
Select = Detach/attach trailer

I just uploaded a video to YouTube for a buddy at work that was giving me a hard time about playing this. Funny thing is but the end of the day he was pricing racing wheels. Ha ha.

I'm afraid to post it here because there's some unlicensed music in the clip and I'm afraid it'll get taken down before he gets a chance to watch it. I'm not sure how that all works.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I just uploaded a video to YouTube for a buddy at work that was giving me a hard time about playing this. Funny thing is but the end of the day he was pricing racing wheels. Ha ha.

I'm afraid to post it here because there's some unlicensed music in the clip and I'm afraid it'll get taken down before he gets a chance to watch it. I'm not sure how that all works.

Unless your video becomes a giant Youtube sensation, us on Gaf viewing it won't increase the chances of it getting pulled. Almost all of that stuff is flagged automatically.

Tesseract

Banned
This is my Xbox 360 gamepad bindings. I dedicated my faces buttons to braking and Dpad to lights.

Left trigger = Brake
Right trigger = Acceleration
Left bumper = Shift down
Right bumper = Shift up
Left stick = Steering
Left stick click = Horn
Right stick = Camera
Right stick click = Interior camera forward
Dpad up = Highbeams
Dpad down = Light modes
Dpad left = Left indicator
Dpad right = Right indicator
A = Motor brake
B = Parking brake
X = Retarder decrease
Y = Retarder increase
Start = Start/stop engine
Select = Detach/attach trailer

awesome, thanks for this!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This game is fantastic. Started it and 3 hours went by pretty quick.

It plays really well with a 360 controller, though I had to set up the controls so I could avoid using the keyboard as much as possible.

LegoArmo

I found this site, I don't speak Chinese (which I think this is), and I have no idea if this is safe or not (passed a virus scan), but the app on here, and the Google translated instructions allowed me to get my 360 controller working perfectly with this game, as in, with force feedback, and both triggers being pressed at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any other way of doing this?

Linky

Repost from earlier in the thread for people using a 360 controller, this helped me a lot.

Also messing with the steering sensitivity and dead zones, and that button layout above, you can get a pretty much perfect set up.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Milamber

Are those added on to the existing ones?

Replace completely, the existing ones are sent to the bottom of the list. Also...

TruckSimMap 3.5 for v1.4.8+ ETS2 has been released!

And here she is, our beauty: TSM Map version 3.5!

The following countries are included: Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Slovenia, Croatia, Albania and Greece, in Northafrica you can travel to Egypt.

Compared to the original map, 107 new cities have been added, so that you've got overall target locations of 180 cities now.

New unloading points by 50keda (Sellplan, Kaarfor) have been added. Alternate unloading points by knoxx aren't included yet.

For the map to become perfect, we expect you to report bugs and errors on the map. Don't be shy! Give us all details with screenshot (best with shown minimap). Best way to do so, is to use our Bugtracker.

Credits:
SCS Software for the base
Mario, Merlinita, Lkwaner, Hrvattrucker, Harry_P., for their mapping works
50keda for the unloading points of Sellplan and Kaarfor
kamaz for boards

*** IMPORTANT *** It is not necessary to begin a new game / profile, not even after patching from 1.3.1 to 1.4.X.

Milamber

The one you just posted, 3.5?

3.5 just got released a few hours ago for v1.4.8 of ETS2 Steam edition. TSM 3.0 was released over a week ago for v1.3. There are compatibility issues if you are using that version of TSM on the latest updated v1.4.8 of ETS2.

LegoArmo

Yeah, I just downloaded it now, as well as the realistic physics on the previous page, then a trailer texture pack from the home page of the same site. All say they work with 1.4.8 or 1.4.1+. So hopefully it'll be fine. :)

Milamber

Yeah, I just downloaded it now, as well as the realistic physics on the previous page, then a trailer texture pack from the home page of the same site. All say they work with 1.4.8 or 1.4.1+. So hopefully it'll be fine. :)

You're all set. Each of those mods work perfectly. My list is...

TSM Map 3.5
ETS 2 Rain & Thunder Sounds
Realistic Physics Mod v7.0 (1.4.1+)
Radio Stations 461+
trailers-pack-le-1.8.0-1.4.1 (Realistic Trailer Textures)
zFirmenmod_TSM_3 (Real Companies)

Another thing I just realized, you can detach the trailer and then just park your truck in the rest stop to sleep.

Top Bottom