• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: "Microsoft's final sales pitch for Xbox One X falls flat"

goldenpp72

Spending $500 on a new machine when you already have one that plays the same games is not an easy choice. Rebuying your library on a new system to take advantage of the upgrade is not an easy choice. Committing to online on a console with a much smaller install base is not an easy choice.

I have no doubt plenty of people will do it, but don't pretend this isn't a hard sell.

You don't think people will want to abandon their platform of choice so they can have a tad more pixels on their non existent 4k tv? The Xbox One X might have been a good sell had it been the first Xbox One vs the first PS4 with the price difference, but coming into the battle already losing by over half, nah. It will sell to the rich or reckless spender sorts, but not much else. Even being a collector and enthusiast I see little reason to invest in it yet. Had they released Crackdown and Scalebound on it in a big way I might have considered, but there is nothing big on it upcoming anytime soon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So if Halo 6 and Gears 5 turn out amazing all is forgiven?

I doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Halo 5 and Gears 4 were bad games. They got good/great reviews and I think are like 84% on Metacritic or something.

But they weren't considered "obvious GOTY nominee" titles like Uncharted 4 (93%) and Breath of the Wild (97%) are. Both of those franchises used to fall into that category but didn't with their newest installments.

My point is that they're looked at as good sequels to popular franchises -- not console-defining games that will go down as some of the best ever made.

It's weird, I don't think Microsoft has that one franchise anymore that falls into that category. Not at the moment.

djnewwest

Banned
Eurogamer is right though. I just don't know who MS is marketing the XboneX to other than diehard Xbox fans.

It lacks exclusive games to sell the system, and if it's just raw power and multiplats you want PC does the job better. That $500 price tag is definitely not gonna woo the mainstream audience either especially when there's already a $250 that plays the same games.

Gamers that want the best multiplats and have friends to play with on XBL?

EmiPrime

I get that, but why?

Argentina
Belgium
Chile
Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
Greece
Hungary
India
Israel
Japan
Korea
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
UAE

The infamous "tier 2" countries that got Xbox One almost a year later.

And then they wonder why Europe is "Sonyland".

Cyanity

Banned
All they had to do was ship the thing with VR support and market the shit out of that. MS dropped the ball so damn hard it left a hole in the ground. Stay losing, Major Nelson.

Pro didn't have a 17 month hype cycle

Pretty much. PS4 Pro didn't get officially revealed until 2 months before launch. It had a pretty underwhelming presentation too but it wasn't meant to be like an E3 press conference.

Argentina
Belgium
Chile
Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
Greece
Hungary
India
Israel
Japan
Korea
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
UAE

The infamous "tier 2" countries that got Xbox One almost a year later.

And then they wonder why Europe is "Sonyland".

This I didn't understand at all. They were never going to beat Sony in these territories but they had a lot of room for growth if they didn't botch it so hard.

Chris1

Sony did make a Uncharted killer franchise it's called the last of us. And I dare say it Horizon fills in that god of war void.
Well there's been two Uncharteds if you count the DLC thing since TLOU came out, and there's a God of War out next year and no doubt more to come from both (though perhaps not from ND in UC's case).. So I'm not quite sure what that says about the supposed "Uncharted killer" and "God of War killer"

Also, while I haven't played either so I'm sure you know more than me here but calling either of them an Uncharted or God of War killer seems like it's streching it quite thin. It's like saying DR4 is a Tomb Raider killer lol, two completely different games.

No my friend it is you who is in almost every xbox thread defending Xbox;s current position and current output of software, I don't deny they have been killing it on a service and hardware design front for offering a lot of bang for the buck especially with BC.

But majority of people complaining me included just want MS to make something new that really get's the fires going again.
Well it seems like you only see what you want to see, which doesn't particularly surprise me. Perhaps that has something to do with the types of threads you read/post in which says more about you than it does I, I'd say.

Three

I don't really get why MS is putting all their games on PC..I mean it's great for PC gamers but it doesn't really make a compelling reason for buying an Xbox.

Oh don't worry they won't when they don't need to. Right now it's because their games need the extra sales.

univbee

Many people were unenthusiastic about the PS4 Pro as well.

I think even with Sony it was more almost a competing-with-PC move, except not really. More like making it so people used to playing on PC with all the settings jacked up, and who were complaining about the relatively lower fidelity graphics on PS4 exclusives, now had an option to bridge the gap somewhat. They definitely never had any ambitions about selling that SKU to any substantial degree, although it did have more demand than they expected.

This "PC gamer" thing isn't a possible approach for the Xbox One X, though, since all of its enhanced games have or will get PC versions except possibly for two (Halo 5 and Injustice 2, but the latter will probably get a PC "GOTY" release eventually like every other NRS game did).

Honestly if I found out it was developmentally considered a near-total waste of money, whose sole reason for existing was to address their position as the weakest console laughing stock they've had since 2013 and fix some MS higher-up's ego, it wouldn't entirely surprise me.

Kevin

I'm one of those people who usually buy all consoles and upgrades as I love tech and what not. I even have the Xbox One S while knowing the Xbox One X (Scorpio back then) but man there isn't a single new game in development that I actually want to play that I can't just get on the stuff I already own. No exclusives that interest me. Mostly just online games and I much prefer single player content personally.

The Xbox One X is a well crafted console. The thing is beautiful and obviously the specs are fantastic. Hell I'm even ok with the hefty pricetag (though a 1tb hard drive is simply not where near enough for 4K gaming assets).

Other then a few 4K upgrades that are coming to games like Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, etc, those are the only things for the Xbox One X that actually interest me but it's just not enough to buy a console for.

Microsoft seemingly gave up completely on first party single player content outside of Crackdown 3. I am guessing they Microsoft has allocated very little money to be spend on first party development and that's why it's simply not there. May have been cheaper and easier to get a bunch of third party online games rather then develop core single player content like Sony does often and very well, delivering new hit titles practically on a monthly basis and then some.

In short, the Xbox One X is probably one of the best designed consoles in recent memory. I love the design more then the PS4 Pro and what not but with no exclusive single player content, I can't justify the purchase. I also think this could be a last ditch option for Microsoft on a platform that has reportedly never made them money. I don't intend to upset anyone, but I feel like the Xbox One may be Microsoft's last console but it's just to early to call that and I want to make it very clear that I have owned every single Xbox console and use to be a huge fan of what they did but I feel they have completely lost their way. Hopefully I am wrong about the Xbox One being the final console.

shandy706

So no one?

I'm the wild one out amongst my closest friends/best friends. 6 of us and I'm the only one with a PS4 and X1. The 5 guys I hang with have X1s.

So...I can name 5 people, therefore making your "no one" 100% incorrect.

Sorry to burst your bubble 😔

Cyanity

Banned
I'm the wild one out amongst my closest friends/best friends. 6 of us and I'm the only one with a PS4 and X1. The 5 guys I hang with have X1s.

So...I can name 5 people, therefore making your "no one" 100% incorrect.

Sorry to burst your bubble ��

Today, I eat anecdotal crow.

"No one" = 0

5 > 0

Today. You were factually wrong.

��

Sorry, I can't hear you over this delicious crow feast

Buggy Loop

I just can't find identity with Xbox anymore.

OG Xbox : Bungie's Halo, Sega's amazing exclusives like Gunvalkyrie, Panzer dragoon orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi 1&2, then we have games like Ninja gaiden black, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Amped 2, PGR, Rallisport Racing 2, Crimson Skies High Road 2 Revenge...

I mean, that was an insane lineup and there's so many i'm skipping. Microsoft having Sega's main support when they were still at the top of their game after the Dreamcast failure, plus paid exclusives when they were not afraid to throw money at ambituous projects, that was simply an insane combo.

Original Xbox felt like a gaming console. Not a ZOMG cutscene action sequence generator with environments just waiting to turn on the explosion scripts or building collapsing game console. In that sense, i think playstation is way off too from that generation when we take a look back at what made the PS2 special.

I never understand why people still discuss exclusives when talking about Xbox. Every game is also available on PC at the very least, even if its from the Windows Store. Just because a game isn't on the PS4, doesn't magically make the Xbox one up the market. The market includes the PC as well.

People also don't buy consoles en masse for exclusives either nowadays. The best selling exclusives will still be overshadowed by the biggest multiplatform games of the year. Time and time again Microsoft have stated that their vision is games as a service, haven't announced any new "exclusives" or focused on single player games, and people just need to admit and move on that Xbox isn't the brand they should keep obsessing over for exclusives.

Uncharted, Horizon, Breath of The Wild and Mario Odyssey will all still be overshadowed by Destiny 2, Battlefront 2 and COD WW2 at the end of the day sales wise and no review score, GOTY awards or fanboy drivel will change that.

Best wishes.

Kevin

I just can't find identity with Xbox anymore.

OG Xbox : Bungie's Halo, Sega's amazing exclusives like Gunvalkyrie, Panzer dragoon orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi 1&2, then we have games like Ninja gaiden black, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Amped 2, PGR, Rallisport Racing 2, Crimson Skies High Road 2 Revenge...

I mean, that was an insane lineup and there's so many i'm skipping. Microsoft having Sega's main support when they were still at the top of their game after the Dreamcast failure, plus paid exclusives when they were not afraid to throw money at ambituous projects, that was simply an insane combo.

Original Xbox felt like a gaming console. Not a ZOMG cutscene action sequence generator with environments just waiting to turn on the explosion scripts or building collapsing game console. In that sense, i think playstation is way off too from that generation when we take a look back at what made the PS2 special.

Halo did it for me. I followed Halo very closely when it was finally unveiled that Microsoft has acquired Bungie and that Halo would be released on the Xbox as an exclusive title. I was blown away by what Bungie was doing with Halo and I felt like Halo was years ahead of anything else in terms of well everything (first person shooter wise).

Played it at GameStop before release and immediately fell in love and preordered the Xbox with Halo, Project Gotham Racing and some other title that I completely forgot about. lol

Fast forward today and well Halo has been completely run into the ground to the point where I didn't even bother with Halo 5. I think I played like two missions and just never went back. :/

Pennywise

I never understand why people still discuss exclusives when talking about Xbox. Every game is also available on PC at the very least, even if its from the Windows Store. Just because a game isn't on the PS4, doesn't magically make the Xbox one up the market. The market includes the PC as well.

People also don't buy consoles en masse for exclusives either nowadays. The best selling exclusives will still be overshadowed by the biggest multiplatform games of the year. Time and time again Microsoft have stated that their vision is games as a service, haven't announced any new "exclusives" or focused on single player games, and people just need to admit and move on that Xbox isn't the brand they should keep obsessing over for exclusives.

Uncharted, Horizon, Breath of The Wild and Mario Odyssey will all still be overshadowed by Destiny 2, Battlefront 2 and COD WW2 at the end of the day sales wise and no review score, GOTY awards or fanboy drivel will change that.

Best wishes.
And yet exactly these games are part of the diverse catalogue I'm looking for. Multiplatform titles are the least of my concerns when I consider to buy a platform.

Socivol

Best wishes.

I think this is factually wrong. If all consoles are going to get the same games does it make more sense to buy one for the exclusives? The games that are going to differentiate one console from the other?

A boon for the fans, with a little exclusive vertical stand thrown in to boot. Given the hits the brand has taken over the past few years, staying upright might be all that can be asked for right now.
There were true 4K editions of Disneyland Adventures, Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure and Zoo Tycoon, all perfect for the discerning seven-year-old in your household who throws a hissy fit at the mere mention of checkerboarding.
what is this savagery

Impossible to say. Halo 5 and Gears 4 were both well received but there is a perception that both franchises are somewhat stale. Gears has always been big, but 3 and judgement didn't seem to be big deals on the same scale as 1 and 2. Halo has been perceived as being in decline since Reach or 4 depending on who you ask, and the franchise has been with us with releases every 2-3 years since 2001. Both commercially successful, but a lot of what people are arguing about are intangibles like how "exciting" a game is. Not really quantifiable.

If we were getting Halo, Gears and Forza in addition to a few new ideas I think that's where you'd see more positivity. 2014-5 were pretty good for XBO, 2017 is a bit dire. Here's to hoping 2018 is a better year.

If we go by sales you can see why some people are calling the IPs stale or not big event any more.
Halo was 10 million selling IP and Gears was a 5 million plus IP.
Now they about 60% to 65% as before .

UC4 first week sales in the UK sell more than Gears or Halo and that is of of there stronger markets .
They need new IP because they old ones are losing sales .

odhiex

I still think that $499 price tag is a bit too much for a stands-out hardware compares to the other competition this holiday (Nintendo switch is included).

The world's most powerful console (... also the most expensive one)

Fisty

This I didn't understand at all. They were never going to beat Sony in these territories but they had a lot of room for growth if they didn't botch it so hard.

Kinect really was their undoing. Shame really, since the tech is cool, but it caused them a lot of issues and is nothing more than a footnote at this point.

This honestly seems to be be a much too abstract perspective on trying to figure out what a product is, when it is blatantly obvious what the system set out to be. I'm not a fan of the Xbox brand, but what is so confusing about this machine? Even after reading the OP, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Toki767

This honestly seems to be be a much too abstract perspective on trying to figure out what a product is, when it is blatantly obvious what the system set out to be. I'm not a fan of the Xbox brand, but what is so confusing about this machine? Even after reading the OP, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Read the first couple pages of the thread and you'll see that no one can get a general consensus of who the target market is for the One X.

I think it's ironic for Eurogamer to publish this think peice, considering the gaming site's Digital Foundry series is one of the biggest reason people think "Xbox One's graphics are shite."

The whole reason of Xbox One X is to fix that. If Eurogamer can't see it, they don't care about graphics after all.

I find it ironic that a commentator from Eurogamer thinks people being playing the so called most inferior versions of mutiplats(or play anywhere titles) wouldn't desire a total upgrade. I know I do. As for the 500 dollars price, it's still cheaper than buying a brand new gaming PC and I don't have to rebuy all the games.

Yes, I know many already has a PC, a PS4, or even a Switch but you might be suprised how many people only have an Xbox One. And their most economical choice of graphical upgrade will be a 500 Xbox One X.

watershed

Banned
I see the XBX as the premium model for people who want the latest tech and have a lot of disposable income. The same people who get excited seeing a car unveiled at an E3 press conference. That's definitely not me, but I actually know people like that and I think the XBX is aimed squarely at them.

Steroyd

Best wishes.

If Call of Duty sells 13 Million and Uncharted sells 7 million, that's still 7 million people who bought a PS4 who can play COD and Uncharted on the one console, and to expand on that philosophy even if they don't sell as much the culmination of multiple games like Persona 5, Nier, Horizon Zero Dawn etc does add up to compliment the multiplatform titles which can be the deciding factor as to which console gets bought.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I don't really get why MS is putting all their games on PC..I mean it's great for PC gamers but it doesn't really make a compelling reason for buying an Xbox.
They want you to use their services and software. They don't give a shit about hardware, its only a way to push those other two.

^If that is the case it doesn't paint a very good picture for the future of Xbox as hardware. We know there will be a PlayStation 5, we don't know if there will be an Xbox 2 or just a Windows box.

If Call of Duty sells 13 Million and Uncharted sells 7 million, that's still 7 million people who bought a PS4 who can play COD and Uncharted on the one console, and to expand on that philosophy even if they don't sell as much the culmination of multiple games like Persona 5, Nier, Horizon Zero Dawn etc does add up to compliment the multiplatform titles which can be the deciding factor as to which console gets bought.
Don't forget stuff like Spider-Man as well. In fact, I think the only genre that Spny doesn't have a big exclusive in is in multiplayer FPS.

brad-t

Best wishes.

This line of reasoning doesn't make Xbox seem like a really appealing value. Why not pick the platform that has the multi-plats and the exclusives? I get the power argument, but even those who see value in that must acknowledge that it's not what the mainstream market responds to. PS4 Pro represents only 1/5 of PS4 sales — a great number for Sony, of course, but not a promising indicator that the market for people looking for bleeding-edge console performance is a serviceable market on its own. Those titles don't necessarily sell in the best numbers, but they so often serve as gateways to a platform.

Scorpio still feels to me like it was a big bet on VR that didn't pan out and had to be salvaged into a different kind of commercial product. I think they're making the best of the situation they're in, but Microsoft, organizationally, is much more incentivized to get gamers onto Windows 10.

BBboy20

Idpbuqp.jpg
...:(

Papacheeks

Banned
Well there's been two Uncharteds if you count the DLC thing since TLOU came out, and there's a God of War out next year and no doubt more to come from both (though perhaps not from ND in UC's case).. So I'm not quite sure what that says about the supposed "Uncharted killer" and "God of War killer"

Also, while I haven't played either so I'm sure you know more than me here but calling either of them an Uncharted or God of War killer seems like it's streching it quite thin. It's like saying DR4 is a Tomb Raider killer lol, two completely different games.

Well it seems like you only see what you want to see, which doesn't particularly surprise me. Perhaps that has something to do with the types of threads you read/post in which says more about you than it does I, I'd say.

In terms of sales and replacing action/adventure game with a another action/adventure/survival game with great characters, yes. But in terms of big block buster games both horizon and TLOU fill those voids by both.

Fuchsdh

I feel like these estimations of their sales pitch are still irrelevant outside what MS wants from this console. As evidenced by the fact they're still coming out with XB1S SKUs and the like it's clear they're not expecting everyone to jump in.

It makes sense for business why Microsoft hasn't bothered to clue us in on their strategy and what they're hoping for the XB1X, but it also just makes these sorts of ruminations kind of pointless.

HotHamBoy

This thread is already pretty big so forgive me if this has been discussed within.

I want to draw a comparison between Sony and Microsoft last gen vs this gen.

Sony started out in a distant third but by the end of the gen they had successfully rebuilt the brand, turned the PS3's fortunes around & re-established themselves as a threat that they made good on with the PS4.

Microsoft found themselves on the backfoot this time and have been on the backfoot ever since. Their strategy for regaining a lead in the market has been very different from Sony's: they are focusing on hardware power (always a losing game) where as PS3's latter day success came from a wealth of high-quality exclusives.

Let's just look at the PS3's first party exclusives in the waning years - and remember that 360's first party output was not keeping up at this point.

First party:

Resistence 3
Uncharted 3
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
MLB 11 The Show
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Rachet & Clank All 4 One
God of War Origins HD Collection
Ico & Shadow of Colossus HD Collection

I mean, holy shit.

Journey
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Rachet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Starhawk
Twisted Metal
MLB 12 The Show
White Knight Chronicles 2
Jack & Daxter Collection
Rachet & Clank Collection

Aye, a weaker year full of flops but Journey was such a high-profile release among critics that it helped shape the perception of Sony as an arthouse-friendly publisher helping to push the medium into more unique directions.

The Last of Us
Gran Tourismo 6
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
Beyond: Two Souls
Puppeteer
God of War: Ascension
Rachet & Clank Into the Nexus
MLB 13 The Show
Rain

Another big year. Not every game was a huge hit but everything is overshadowed by The Last of Us - a brand new IP taking chances and pushing technology right before the advent of a new console generation.

Anyway, we can see that Sony was pushing high-quality software in well-established franchises while also investing in new and often risky projects right up to the release of the PS4.

This doesn't even take into account the growing number of exclusive third party games the PS3 was getting from Japan or the fact that many indie devs were starting to abandon MS due to bullshit practices.

Sony also had PS Plus, which was undeniably amazing during this period. Sony had the better value proposition by then if online play in a strong OS-level ecosystem wasn't a primary concern.

So millions? Hard to fathom, I know.
It's the "have friends to play with on XBL" bit that's going to be the killer, since it seems like the bulk of the 360 userbase switched to PS4 this time round, and I would expect that most of them wouldn't be prepared to switch back.

This line of reasoning doesn't make Xbox seem like a really appealing value. Why not pick the platform that has the multi-plats and the exclusives? I get the power argument, but even those who see value in that must acknowledge that it's not what the mainstream market responds to. PS4 Pro represents only 1/5 of PS4 sales — a great number for Sony, of course, but not a promising indicator that the market for people looking for bleeding-edge console performance is a serviceable market on its own. Those titles don't necessarily sell in the best numbers, but they so often serve as gateways to a platform.

Scorpio still feels to me like it was a big bet on VR that didn't pan out and had to be salvaged into a different kind of commercial product. I think they're making the best of the situation they're in, but Microsoft, organizationally, is much more incentivized to get gamers onto Windows 10.

It's not appealing to either me or you, but this has been the case for years now. PS3/PS4 and Nintendo have trounced the Xbox in exclusives but as the brand caters to the most common denominator in America, that's where the consumers flock to. Xbox has its appeals but this isn't what my post is about.

I'm not disagreeing with any of you, but rather emphasizing on how Microsoft doesn't care about taking the same strategy towards the market as Sony or Nintendo. They want to focus on GaaS because that's where the money is according to them and market analysis and not invest in a first party like Sony because it takes a lot of time, money, is risky, whereas they want results now.

We've seen this since 2009. A year or a couple of months of Microsoft PR having a different tune isn't going to change the trend. This is effectively why Phil Spencer rubs me the wrong way because he's never upfront about what Xbox's vision is for Microsoft.

I say let them be different. Both PS and Xbox were becoming too similar over the past decade in approaches anyway.

Best wishes.

watdaeff4

You don't think people will want to abandon their platform of choice so they can have a tad more pixels on their non existent 4k tv? The Xbox One X might have been a good sell had it been the first Xbox One vs the first PS4 with the price difference, but coming into the battle already losing by over half, nah.

Agree 100% with this

It will sell to the rich or reckless spender sorts, but not much else. Even being a collector and enthusiast I see little reason to invest in it yet. Had they released Crackdown and Scalebound on it in a big way I might have considered, but there is nothing big on it upcoming anytime soon.
This is where I think you are being a wee bit jaded/over the top. Not that it's going sell a lot, but there are some outside that demographic that will buy.

Also you seem to be pretty jaded on MS right now. Not to say that they haven't earned some flak.....but Despite that you are saying that one of those two games.....which frankly didn't look that great....is all it would take to get you to drop $500 on a console you have no other interest in? Okay.

Not to completely pick on you as ive seen a few "concern" posts about Xbox one X seem to mimic that "sentiment" of....'if only it came out with Scalebound or Crackdown then I would have bought it!!!!'

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I think this is factually wrong. If all consoles are going to get the same games does it make more sense to buy one for the exclusives? The games that are going to differentiate one console from the other?

What if I told you I actually chose Xbox one over PS4 because I find Xbox live better, it has a better controller and more apps? And a few years later they sealed the deal by adding integration with windows 10, added ea access and game pass (I love EA access, never buying an EA game ever again with this thing), gave me a 4k blu-ray player, and even early access on games!

No need to talk about exclusives when picking a console over another, plenty of other things to consider!

Even the Switch, it is the first Nintendo console I am not buying at launch. I actually cancelled my pre order as I don't find any reasons to own one right now.

It's not all about exclusives, as even though I own several MS exclusives on my Xbox One, they are far from being the games I play most, except for Forza.

HotHamBoy

What if I told you I actually chose Xbox one over PS4 because I find Xbox live better, it has a better controller and more apps? And a few years later they sealed the deal by adding integration with windows 10, added ea access and game pass (I love EA access, never buying an EA game ever again with this thing), gave me a 4k blu-ray player, and even early access on games!

No need to talk about exclusives when picking a console over another, plenty of other things to consider!

Even the Switch, it is the first Nintendo console I am not buying at launch. I actually cancelled my pre order as I don't find any reasons to own one right now.

It's not all about exclusives, as even though I own several MS exclusives on my Xbox One, they are far from being the games I play most, except for Forza.

There's definitely an audience of people who value the same things you do. It's just the smaller audience.

I have no interest in a XBX and I won't be buying one. That said, I do appreciate the signal it sends which is basically an (overpriced and woefully late) apology for the XB1 not focusing on being a game machine. The days of TV watching, live fantasy football stat streaming and gimmicky Kinect multimedia devices are over. It's an assurance that the next Xbox will be a game machine first.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I just can't muster any excitement for the Xbox, not after my Xbone vanilla has been collecting dust since last December when Dead Rising 4 came out (and it was awful). The Pro plays the multiplats the best right now and that's important to me...but I really don't want to rebuy the same console AGAIN, like I did with the PS4. If someone gave me a XboneX I might convert, but at $500--no.

Couple that with buying a gaming rig a few month ago that will play the multiplats even better (PS4 has been collecting dust as a result lately too) and I can also play Xbox "exclusives" on the PC? Yeah, no sale. Even if the power is there with the X, the software just isn't, not like it is with the competition.

Maybe next gen the Xbox will be more of a player in my house like the 360 was, but for now I just can't rouse myself to care. It's the case of too little too late at this point. The price vs. a new PC is decent for people on a budget, but if you truly care about always having the most power and best framerates you probably aren't going to pick an Xbox over a PC. And if you are on said budget, you'll probably not have a 4k TV and will get an Xbone S, or a PS4, both of which are vastly cheaper.

Top Bottom