• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Coolshop.de seems to be okay, the page exist for some years and not just in Germany but other countries as well. I am still going to wait, after I chose credit card they want me to pay now it seems and sorry but I am not paying 95 Euro month in advance, especially since the real price should be different and I don't want to rely on them giving me back the money. Even though coolshop.de is trustworthy, this method is still pretty dubious.

Are you sure? The UK site says they take the funds at point of shipping.

kpaadet

GERMANY ONLY

pre-order available at coolshop.de

https://www.coolshop.de/produkt/metroid-samus-returns-collectors-edition/AB6C9M?ic=user_histories-AB6C9M

it's 94,95 but it has "preisgarantie" which means that when it hits 69.99 or similar in amazon and all other stores they'll adjust the price accordingly.

also, they charge after shipping.

also, you can cancel if you find it cheaper elsewhere

Didn't know Coolshop had expanded outside Denmark, just pre-ordered on their danish site.

Also can only speak of the danish site but they are reliable, bought from them many times without hassle.

TheMoon

Coolshop.de seems to be okay, the page exist for some years and not just in Germany but other countries as well. I am still going to wait, after I chose credit card they want me to pay now it seems and sorry but I am not paying 95 Euro month in advance, especially since the real price should be different and I don't want to rely on them giving me back the money. Even though coolshop.de is trustworthy, this method is still pretty dubious.

they always charge after shipping.

sphinx

the piano man
Pre-ordered from them for now. If I manage to pre-order from Nintendo UK or Amazon, I'll cancel.

me too, this is just to fall back on, not happy paying almost 100 eu for trinkets.. -_-

but damn, I will reward nintendo with my money for not killing metroid after other M and FF,

When I try to proceed to the payment screen on coolshop. I keep getting "Bitte versuche es in einer Stunde erneut." (Please try again later). Am I out of luck?

oti

Banned
Thanks!

Vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung bei ENTERTAINMENT TRADING ApS. Das Geld wird erst dann von Ihrem Konto abgebucht, wenn die Bestellung von ENTERTAINMENT TRADING ApS verarbeitet wurde. Ihr PayPal-Guthaben wird hierfür immer vorrangig vor anderen Zahlungsquellen wie Bankkonto oder Kreditkarte verwendet.

Usually PayPal sends over the money immediately though, doesn't it?

LiK

Did Amazon ever have this up? I see links but no live preorders.

Thanks!

Usually PayPal sends over the money immediately though, doesn't it?

Some retailers have PP set up where it only charges after ship. Those are the best policies. I hate paying upfront for anything before it ships.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Even with PayPal?

Vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung bei ENTERTAINMENT TRADING ApS. Das Geld wird erst dann von Ihrem Konto abgebucht, wenn die Bestellung von ENTERTAINMENT TRADING ApS verarbeitet wurde. Ihr PayPal-Guthaben wird hierfür immer vorrangig vor anderen Zahlungsquellen wie Bankkonto oder Kreditkarte verwendet.

good choice for a "safety net"

Did Amazon ever have this up? I see links but no live preorders.

amazon.de? no. never.

sphinx

the piano man
amazon.de is sure making it dramatic for the rest of europe and the world, but if some stores here in Germany started updating, pretty sure it's a matter of hours for it to appear elsewhere.

also, after hearing stories of cancellations on the french side of amazon and how they have 1500 for the whole country, fuck no, I am glad I have the coolshop preorder now.

Shiggy

amazon.de is sure making it dramatic for the rest of europe and the world, but if some stores here started updating, pretty sure it's a matter of hours for it to appears there.

also, after hearing stories of cancellations on the french side of amazon and how they have 1500 for the whole country, fuck no, I am glad have the coolshop preorder now.

Cannot be sure that Coolshop won't cancel our orders oO

TheMoon

amazon.de is sure making it dramatic for the rest of europe and the world, but if some stores here in Germany started updating, pretty sure it's a matter of hours for it to appears elsewhere.

also, after hearing stories of cancellations on the french side of amazon and how they have 1500 for the whole country, fuck no, I am glad have the coolshop preorder now.

Not aware of any German stores updating anything.

Amazon had the LE product page up since four days ago. Media Markt & Saturn had their regular edition pages for several days now too. Nothing really happened other than Coolshop letting loose their product page with inaccurate info (they have the USK rating entered as USK 6, not USK 12).

Coolshop won't ship internationally? Bummer.

If they did, we'd all get our order canceled anyway. Because everyone would bash down their front doors.

CuNi

I just hope they didn't underestimate the demand and once out of supply, close the order page. Else I'll be sitting here and worrying if my order will be canceled like on Amazon.

sphinx

the piano man
Cannot be sure that Coolshop won't cancel our orders oO

oh I am sure ours are among the first preorders they got,

I had been F5ing that link for hours today every 5 minutes , and every now and then days prior.

it was no more than 3 minutes between it went on and I pre-ordered mine, I am sure of that.

I guess they can still cancel for some reason but definitely not "sorry too high demand, and you were too late somehow".

Shiggy

Not aware of any German stores updating anything.

Amazon had the LE product page up since four days ago. Media Markt & Saturn had their regular edition pages for several days now too. Nothing really happened other than Coolshop letting loose their product page with inaccurate info (they have the USK rating entered as USK 6, not USK 12).

Nah, they are selling exclusively the censored and edited version of the game.

TheMoon

Game is region-locked so only crazy people like me will buy it just for the SE goodies.

All of Europe would jump on this. They don't even ship outside of the country and not every EU country even has a coolshop branch. That's what I meant.

Koren

I guess they can still cancel for some reason but definitely not "sorry too high demand, and you were too late somehow".
What annoys me is that I'm pretty sure I was in the first minutes of Amazon.fr (I had refreshed the page less than 2 minutes before) and it still got cancelled :(

I envy your preorder, it may be enough low-profile to hold...

Is there any placeholder for it on Amazon Italy & UK? Can't find it by search
Apparently no...
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07339W2V7/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07339W2V7/

sphinx

the piano man
What annoys me is that I'm pretty sure I was in the first minutes of Amazon.fr (I had refreshed the page less than 2 minutes before) and it still got cancelled :(

I envy your preorder, it may be enough low-profile to hold...

yeah coolshp is very low profile so chances of cancellations are lower

this is also a terrible price we'll very likely pay

how much was it on your amazon.fr now-cancelled preorder?

CuNi

I wonder if we ever will be sure to get the game before it actually ships to us. Like even though I pre-ordered in the first 6 minutes, I still don't feel "safe"

Eolz

Thanks for the coolshop link. Got one there, hopefully won't be cancelled later on as well, will try to get a backup order (that I won't scalp if I get 2) on another site later on.

Shiggy

Tbh I was confused how it was so cheap for a limited edition. Expected 80-90ish anyway. So if it turns out to be cheaper, I'm even more okay with it.

It's supposed to be on the official UK store at the equivalent of 69.99 EUR.

Hisoka

It's still available on coolshop, I doubt they have so much stock...

Yeah.. and still not on Amazon :/
Usually i'm not the one to rant much, but i have smth different to do than F5 a whole day. With my luck this gets up while i fall asleep. Mimimimi

CuNi

It's still available on coolshop, I doubt they have so much stock...

That's what I feared.. I'm already fearing for the mail...

Yeah.. and still not on Amazon :/
Usually i'm not the one to rant much, but i have smth different to do than F5 a whole day. With my luck this gets up while i fall asleep. Mimimimi

I doubt it'll happen today. Either Saturday Morning/Afternoon or Monday.. if at all.. we don't even know if it'll happen soon.

sphinx

the piano man
That's what I feared.. I'm already fearing for the mail....

My theory is that it's still available because that price pretty much nullifies any scalper attempt, is hard to profit when you need to sell at 130 just to get a couple of euros, not worth the hassle.

Also, it's the wrong price, Germany only and as low profile as it gets, it doesn't even appear on google results if you don't explicitly write "coolshop" in your search.

CuNi

My theory is that it's still available because that price pretty much nullifies any scalper attempt, is hard to profit when you need to sell at 130 just to get a couple of euros, not worth the hassle.

Also, it's the wrong price, Germany online and as low profile as it gets, it doesn't even appear on google results if you don't explicitly write "coolshop" in your search.

I bought it about 6 mins after you posted (which I still thank you for btw!).
I was on mobile so it took a while to load and honestly, I was getting all nervous, especialy when my SMS app refused to load the PayPal-Code for a minute or so. Been pretty much convinced it'd be sold out by the time I reach the PayPal window, because of all those tales of it selling out in mere minutes. Your points do calm me down a bit, but it's still weird that no other big retailer put it on sale so far.

Top Bottom