• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Emouse

On the Nintendo Store site, you're able to register your interest in the release and would receommend doing that.

It also did this for the SNES Mini and although I'm signed up for newsletters etc., I didn't receive an email about it but people I know who had registered their interest did. I'm not going to repeat this mistake.

Huh ok, I did this for the snes mini and got an email about that when it went up but I've not seen it for Samus returns, either it's not on the mobile site or I'm blind, do you have a link for this at all?

TheMoon

Has anyone been able to order from their regional Nintendo online store? Just received emails to say miitopia and pikmin are now both available to pre order, wondering if they might send out emails for metroid also? This is the UK store and I'm signed up to their newsletter if that helps, not sure I've seen them do this before for any games but I could be mistaken

There are no regional Nintendo online stores. It only exists in the UK.

Which totally doesn't suck.

Huh ok, I did this for the snes mini and got an email about that when it went up but I've not seen it for Samus returns, either it's not on the mobile site or I'm blind, do you have a link for this at all?

Just checked and it looks like you need to be viewing the desktop version - its on the main homepage.

On my iPhone, requesting desktop view does the trick (doesn't always!)

Maxrunner

I'm hoping that fnac, mediamarkt or rlcorteingles Portugal will have some. But none of the sites have any entry for either version. Any Portuguese gaffers here who can help? :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I rarely, if ever buy any special editions of games.

But I would have bought this in a heartbeat, but I can't.

Thanks NOA.

sphinx

the piano man
Germany is always the best in terms of supplies for nintendo things

Rosalina amiibo in stores around December 2014? we got her
Switch in stores in spite of strong demand? yeah, we have them
NES mini? yes they appeared WAY more often on amazon.de than any other EU amazon

now....

what the fuck is taking them so long to put this thing for preorder in the usual german stores??????????? -_- I need closure already. I don't care if I don't get one at this point.

TheMoon

Isn´t NoE based in Frankfurt? And gameboxes also assembled in Germany?
More likely games will be more expensive in the UK after Brexit, because no more Schengener Abkommen.

Shiggy

pls stop bumping this thread with stuff that isn't links to preorder this damn thing :D

Amazon.de preorder link

Isn´t NoE based in Frankfurt? And gameboxes also assembled in Germany?
More likely games will be more expensive in the UK after Brexit, because no more Schengener Abkommen.

Nintendo UK is a direct subsidiary of NoE (Frankfurt), so yes, they purchase their goods from NoE which could very well affect UK prices in the future.

It's an economic decision to just produce one edition. That won't change with Brexit.

It was a joke, but I legitimately don't know what the deal would be in regards to classifications. I'd assume we would fall back to BBFC or something which would require different boxes, wouldn't it?

TheMoon

It was a joke, but I legitimately don't know what the deal would be in regards to classifications. I'd assume we would fall back to BBFC or something which would require different boxes, wouldn't it?

Did you not see the huge ass USK logo on your EU-wide SKUs? :D Would we not get different boxes by that logic? :)

Shiggy

TheMoon

GERMANY ONLY

pre-order available at coolshop.de

https://www.coolshop.de/produkt/metroid-samus-returns-collectors-edition/AB6C9M?ic=user_histories-AB6C9M

it's 94,95 but it has "preisgarantie" which means that when it hits 69.99 or similar in amazon and all other stores they'll adjust the price accordingly.

also, they charge after shipping.

also, you can cancel if you find it cheaper elsewhere

.nl & co.uk have it too

Are they reliable? Never heard of them before.

I only ever mention them constantly in the cheap arse gaffer thread :D
it's the best shop. you usually get your stuff a day before release (they stock Uk versions, based in Denmark).

Shiggy

.nl & co.uk have it too

I only ever mention them constantly in the cheap arse gaffer thread :D
it's the best shop. you usually get your stuff a day before release (they stock Uk versions, based in Denmark).

Ok, preordered, though 95 EUR doesn't sound very good when it's supposed to be 70 EUR.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok, preordered, though 95 EUR doesn't sound very good when it's supposed to be 70 EUR.

yeah I bought already a 3DS game in the past and it went hasslefree.

95 euro sucks ass but now we're guaranteed we'll have it.

since it's a preorder that will last over several months, we can probably find it cheaper elsewhere,

In "bestellungen" there's a clear "artikel stornieren" link so it can't really go wrong other than it being a huge rip-off..

this went on like right now, I was just F5 the whole day and suddenly it appeared.

WolfStark

Coolshop.de seems to be okay, the page exist for some years and not just in Germany but other countries as well. I am still going to wait, after I chose credit card they want me to pay now it seems and sorry but I am not paying 95 Euro month in advance, especially since the real price should be different and I don't want to rely on them giving me back the money. Even though coolshop.de is trustworthy, this method is still pretty dubious.

Top Bottom