• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ordered from coolshop (uk)

They've taken the money straight away despite it saying payment will be taken when dispatched?

That's very misleading.

Joqu

This is sounding way too hard to get already, ugh. I'm just hoping I can order one from amazon.de in time.

Nitty_Grimes

I can but it shouldn't mislead people like that, surely there are laws. You cannot plaster all over your screen that money won't be taken and then take it.

sphinx

the piano man
I can but it shouldn't mislead people like that, surely there are laws. You cannot plaster all over your screen that money won't be taken and then take it.

Get in contact with them, you are right.

Also in 30 days, at most, is your money on their side and you have nothing. It shouldn't be like that

Edit: well technically right now it's on their side, I meant you having to pay for it.

Eolz

Ordered from coolshop (uk)

They've taken the money straight away despite it saying payment will be taken when dispatched?

That's very misleading.

That's weird. Their terms of service really say you'd pay only at some point before shipping, when they have the goods.
edit: I'll check if I paid already as well.

Nitty_Grimes

Not sure I understand.

Are you saying in 30 days they will cancel my order but keep my money??

There has to be someone else who has used them for a pre-order before? Have I literally just lost £85 here??

Edit: didn't see the above till I posted, did you pre order with credit card?

Nitty_Grimes

If you paid with a credit card an order 30 days or more before shipment (e.g. if it is a pre-order), there are some things to consider.

Check with your payment card terms, in how much advance can you authorize a payment.

Usually banks only allow the authorization to be valid for 30 days, after which the authorization is voided unless the order is shipped within the authorization period. To prolong the authorization period, the payment has to be validated/updated every 30 days

If you have paid with any non direct payment transfer option, e.g. credit card

Remember to update the payment (latest) every 30 days
Last update being done minimum 30 days before release
Otherwise the payment will be invalidated by your bank
Please check your payment card terms for possible payment reservations when shopping online.

What the hell does this even mean? They have charged for something even though they said they wont and then they are that technically inept that me the customer has to go and re-order the item every 30 days?

Bunch of fucking shysters here by the sounds of it, never heard anything like that in my life.

Eolz

Hmmm, they debited my money as well. That said, it's in "pending" on my side, so it could be it's just verifying I have enough money for now. Some shops do that.
And yeah I preordered with a debit card as well.

Nitty_Grimes

Yeah, thanks, I've got the money, I just don't understand the bit I've posted above about is having to update every 30 days.

Even with my order notification, it says we wont charge you till its dispatched.

Hoping it could just be a check on the card, but most online retailers I know debit a £1 which goes off after a day or so to pre-check the card, not the whole amount.

Nitty_Grimes

Ah you know I think what they've done is even though they won't charge until dispatch, they've put a pending charge of £85 on your card that will remain there for 30 days so say if you've got £100 in your bank, you'll only be able to take out £15 because the £85 won't be available to you.

Which is why in less than 30 days time we'll have to re validate our payments because our bank and credit card companies will automatically cancel if it's not taken by then.

Pretty stupid way of doing business because although they won't take until dispatch they have still technically blocked you and I from getting to that £85 for the next 3 months instead of taking it the day before like most normal companies would.

You live and learn. Will never use them again.

canocha

Ah you know I think what they've done is even though they won't charge until dispatch, they've put a pending charge of £85 on your card that will remain there for 30 days so say if you've got £100 in your bank, you'll only be able to take out £15 because the £85 won't be available to you.

Which is why in less than 30 days time we'll have to re validate our payments because our bank and credit card companies will automatically cancel if it's not taken by then.

Pretty stupid way of doing business because although they won't take until dispatch they have still technically blocked you and I from getting to that £85 for the next 3 months instead of taking it the day before like most normal companies would.

You live and learn. Will never use them again.

Some entities choose to do full price pre-authorizations instead of £1, but it should not be for 30 days (1 week probably).

But it really depends where you live and the company, for example:

In Portugal, FNAC does the pre-authorization (full price), 3 to 5 days and the money is already available to use.

Nitty_Grimes

If you read the blurb you have to re confirm your order every 30 days. Which means they block the card for 29 days at a time.

Nitty_Grimes

Indeed. I've never known anything like it.

I've cancelled mine now but they better not put a hold on the £85 for a month.

Koren

Can you cancel from them automatically? (IE without having to send an email in dutch).
Seems like old Amiibo times when I was ordering in shops in languages I basically didn't speak...

I'm almost tempted to try, but I guess it's already too late (even if it's still available, they may not get that many)

I'm still annoyed with Amazon cancellation T_T

^

Well i've just ordered one at "nedgame" and without an account. it seem availlable.
94€ for France.

May be I've made a big mistake (?)

EDIT : They sent me my account by mail

Yes! It just went live on Nedgame (Netherlands) and I pre-ordered one for € 79.

Thanks ! (?)

kubus

Nedgame takes your money right away (even with paypal/creditcard), and you have to email them to cancel an order.

I really don't like shopping with them because they always charge more when they know they can get away with it (amiibo, Nintendo LEs).

Nedgame takes your money right away (even with paypal/creditcard), and you have to email them to cancel an order.

I really don't like shopping with them because they always charge more when they know they can get away with it (amiibo, Nintendo LEs).

i don't think they ship outside netherland?

That's what I was worried about, thanks for the info.

The hunt continues.

They do, I checked their delivery page.

Koren

They do... At least in Europe, apparently, it's said on their front page.

You know, at this point...

Should you not be able to cancel the order, I'm sure you should be able to resell it without a loss later. The price is high, but not as high as scalpers'. And I could live with a front payment.

The only thing that bothers me with foreign shops like this is, should the game be unavailable, can you trust them to properly do a chargeback?

I'm truly a hard fan of Metroid II, and I wouldn't want to miss this edition just because of 10-20€. I'm really sad that I don't own the game, I borrowed it, and I made the mistake of not buying it... I got the cart for cheap years later on ebay (so cheap that the seller said me afterwards he wished he hadn't sold it) but only the cart :/ It's impressive to see that the game is still awfully expensive.

13ruce

Banned
I hope bol.com stocks it not gonna pay 80 before delivery to nedgame lol.

Are the Amiibo up too at Nedgame? i don't mind paying up front for those.

CuNi

Coolshop.de has removed the special edition somewhen between last night and today morning. Only interesting thing would be to know if the system automatically removed it for being out of stock or if it was removed by hand.

Ashler

I don't get how this is talking so long to go up in the UK and the SNES Mini was put up first in the UK.

It all seems so random.

I don't understand why they don't allow unlimited preorders and then manufacture to fill them.

Then go limited supply once preorders are fulfilled.

I hope bol.com stocks it not gonna pay 80 before delivery to nedgame lol.

Are the Amiibo up too at Nedgame? i don't mind paying up front for those.

Unfortunately no bol.com yet, I'm waiting for them since... Well... Screw Nedgame and their standard price hike...

They said in a comment on the normal edition page that they'll probably get it but they won't accept pre-orders. Yeah, I don't know why either.

Koren

Sold out on cultura.fr in less than thirty fucking seconds.
I give up, fuck Nintendo.
They probably had something like 30... at best.

And I wouldn't be surprised that scalpers use bots. Maybe I should develop mine, so I may stand a chance...

CuNi

People will argue it's free trade... It sure is annoying.

still, didnt Amazon even limit the order amount to 1 on some highly demanded LE before?
I mean that would still be fair trade by the shop to limit it, or not?

WolfStark

We need a EU law against scalping lol.

No, we don't. Scalping is mostly the result on a company not being able or willing to fulfill a demand. So the fault lies already in the company. On which basis should a government forbid to buy a product and sell that product? Not to mention that a law should always be the result of a need and a few collectors not being able to buy a luxury product, because someone else was faster isn't really a problem that demands a new law.

Koren

No, we don't. Scalping is mostly the result on a company not being able or willing to fulfill a demand. So the fault lies already in the company. On which basis should a government forbid to buy a product and sell that product? Not to mention that a law should always be the result of a need and a few collectors not being able to buy a luxury product, because someone else was faster isn't really a problem that demands a new law.
Well, I mostly agree, but this argument partly fail when there IS laws against similar practices.

For example, it's illegal here to make regular profit by buying and reselling tickets for sports, shows, etc. Plently of countries have laws against reselling a ticket above its original price.

It's harder (though not impossible) to adapt this to goods (and it could be hard to enforce) but I fail to see the difference.

Just forbid reselling above MSRP in e.g. the first 6 months, and most of the scalpers will disappear.

still, didnt Amazon even limit the order amount to 1 on some highly demanded LE before?
I mean that would still be fair trade by the shop to limit it, or not?
I don't see why a shop couldn't set some rules on how they sell rare products. And in fact, Amazon cancelled Metroid preorders when you ordered more than 1.

What I still don't understand is why mine got cancelled.

Top Bottom