• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Atomski

Working on getting all my frigate and small weapons maxed, want to start doing small scale pvp.. though no idea where to start.

Working on getting all my frigate and small weapons maxed, want to start doing small scale pvp.. though no idea where to start.

Try faction warfare. The nature of the plexes more or less guarantees an even playing field, so it's a good way to get your feet wet. Also makes decent ISK.

Join Gallente Militia warfare!

I'm in a very active PVP corp that goes out roaming daily with frigates, dessies and cruisers.

If you're interested, hit me up on Kaempe Kaskoofi

Jackpot

Banned
More questions!

Kinda unsure how to work out the max weapons a ship can carry. For example, the Arbitrator has 2 turret hardpoints, 2 launcher harpoints and 4 high slots. Does that mean it can mount a max of 2 turrets, 2 launchers and 4 more of either kind? Or is it a max of 4 weapons, with 2 of the 4 being turrets and the other 2 being launchers?

Is there a way to calculate a ship's rate of turn?

Does siege artillery really have a tracking speed of 0.0018 rad/s? That means it takes 10 seconds to move a single degree.

Why are fighters and bombers so monstrously powerful compared Frigates, Destroyers and even some Cruisers?

Uthred

Has the date for the monument name thing changed? I thought it was March 1st but I just got an email about re-subbing my alt account and it says the 31st?

Atomski

Join Gallente Militia warfare!

I'm in a very active PVP corp that goes out roaming daily with frigates, dessies and cruisers.

If you're interested, hit me up on Kaempe Kaskoofi

Sounds cool, Ill look into it soon. Ive still been really busy lately with RL. Hope to have more time to play soonish.

More questions!

Kinda unsure how to work out the max weapons a ship can carry. For example, the Arbitrator has 2 turret hardpoints, 2 launcher harpoints and 4 high slots. Does that mean it can mount a max of 2 turrets, 2 launchers and 4 more of either kind? Or is it a max of 4 weapons, with 2 of the 4 being turrets and the other 2 being launchers?

Is there a way to calculate a ship's rate of turn?

Does siege artillery really have a tracking speed of 0.0018 rad/s? That means it takes 10 seconds to move a single degree.

Why are fighters and bombers so monstrously powerful compared Frigates, Destroyers and even some Cruisers?

I can answer the drone one. That's because they can only be used by Carriers and Supercarriers.

Sounds cool, Ill look into it soon. Ive still been really busy lately with RL. Hope to have more time to play soonish.

Sure thing mate!

Woorloog

Banned
More questions!

You can mount max of 2 turrets, 2 launchers, for total of 4. If the ship had 3 of each hardpoints but only 4 high slots, you could have 3+1, 2+2 or 1+3 of each weapon type.

The Arbitrator is usually run without any weapon systems though, rather you use energy vampires and neutralizers to drain your enemy, and drones as your primary damage dealing system.
For PVE, single laser may be used for agroing enemies.
Of course, one could run it with weapons, probably projectiles over lasers (depending on skills of course) and other systems.

EDIT some ships have more high slots than they have weapon hardpoints. These are so-called "utility highs", usually they have a energy vampire/neutralizer, or perhaps other things.
Also note a mining laser requires a turret hardpoint and high slot.

Atomski

I went solo roaming last night trying to get use to using the dscan to find people. I did find one frigate that wanted to fight but when he was clearly winning I warped out. After that I couldnt really find anyone that solo that wasnt in a battle cruiser..

Anyways was still fun.

I went solo roaming last night trying to get use to using the dscan to find people. I did find one frigate that wanted to fight but when he was clearly winning I warped out. After that I couldnt really find anyone that solo that wasnt in a battle cruiser..

Anyways was still fun.

im always up for some frigate practice pvp
send me a holler!

Tetsuo9

After 3 months or so on Eve uni I ended up in goonswarm federation, in a pvp spanish talking corp lead by DingoGS.

It's truly amazing to see the level of organization in goons, and even my character with 4.5m skills can join pretty much any fleet. I have been participating in 2 fleets a day, getting reimbursed for anything that I lose, and get paid a participation bonus if I join a lot of OPs.

Pretty much getting paid for playing the game and losing ships.

Atomski

Sucks this thread is so dead...

Ive been wanting to play more but I need to find something decent to do with my time when I log on. I should be trying to make isk but currently my main way to do so is exploration which can be real miss or hit. Sometimes I make tons of isk doing it and other times I just get stuck in some low sec system with gate campers..

Still feel like I am a long ways away from doing decent combat zones or wormhole space though..

Sucks this thread is so dead...

Ive been wanting to play more but I need to find something decent to do with my time when I log on. I should be trying to make isk but currently my main way to do so is exploration which can be real miss or hit. Sometimes I make tons of isk doing it and other times I just get stuck in some low sec system with gate campers..

Still feel like I am a long ways away from doing decent combat zones or wormhole space though..

combat zones where?

i have gona back to incursions since i ran out of isk to pay for my account, but in the meantime the last month i was skill training online™. but when i do dive in, i was doing nullsec exploration. the money was ok, but 200M for 2-3 hours of exploration with an interdictor stalking you is nerver wracking. but exciting.

you seem to have some sort of consistent activity though with the high sec exploration. but let's be honest, it's understandable that high sec exploration will yield more hit and miss loot since its safer. I have been doing high sec exploration these past couple of weeks as a time waster and ive enjoyed it. yes the loot is hit or miss, but its nice when you get a HIT. i got a pith a small shield booster i think from a 4/10 worth ~150m.

i mix and match my comboes. I have my alt scanning down the sites in a cov ops, while i have my main in a Cerberus (heavy assault cruiser) go in and do the 3/10-4/10 sites. I love it, its so strong! i clean up sites in a jiffy! If its a 2/10, i switch my main to a Assault frigate. while guristas space is the easiest since you dont get any ewar npcs, its also the most farmed. thats why i have been going to the Sansha and blood raider space. The mobs tend to tracking disrupt and falloff disrupt, but they dont work on missiles.

my current goal is to solidify my scanning alt's t3 cruiser LEGION so i can take her into lowsec to scan down the 5/10-6/10 sites . I want to take the risk. Whats the point of getting good stuff if not to use it. I absolutely love the mobile depots. I can turn my Legion from an exploration fit to scan down sites and avoid gatecamps, and then switch to combat mode. BUT the danger of losec inhabitants being even more bloodthirsty than nullsec is still a relevant issue that cant be ignored.

so i have been training drone skills with my alt to get her into a Stratios. expensive yes, but so is a t3 cruiser, and that comes with losses to skill points.

Jackpot

Banned
s'up, I'm looking for an EVE "advisor" to help me with a project

http://www.moddb.com/games/eveworld/

screen_1396827194.jpg

Stuff like identifying the turret hardpoints on some of the less clear models. Or matching sounds files to top the right missile. Anyone interested?

Onemic

s'up, I'm looking for an EVE "advisor" to help me with a project

http://www.moddb.com/games/eveworld/

Stuff like identifying the turret hardpoints on some of the less clear models. Or matching sounds files to top the right missile. Anyone interested?

Id be so down with this if I still had my Eve subscription

Anyone know what got announced at Fanfest?

Fanfest seems like such a damn party. MMA fights, concerts, and sci-fi presentations on top of EVE online discussion panels and annoucements? Only CCP. I need to go one of these years.

Bombless

I wonder if the Gecko is already updated to the new drone stats or it will also benefit from the Drones update (ie more mwd speed and Drone Interfacing damage rolled into the base stats)

Loona

Since I dropped by the channel tonight after joining the game last night, I figured I'd say hi.

I really wish I knew about the Redeem Button earlier...

was building the material setup for becoming a nomad, living out of an ORCA in a wormhole.

but the cargo space stuff that CCP has been toying with has me distraught cause im not up to date with all the technical aspects of eve industrials.

Onemic

it'll be back, it has its highs and lows.

it was mostly dead last year till the 2013 fanfest and then it blew up for a pretty solid amount of time. I'd say wait till the next major expansion

DarkFlow

Banned
it'll be back, it has its highs and lows.

it was mostly dead last year till the 2013 fanfest and then it blew up for a pretty solid amount of time. I'd say wait till the next major expansion
So tomorrow lol. Also they are doing little expansions now every 6 weeks or so. Anyway just wanted to see who on GAF played. I just started back up, joined a null sec Alliance and started pew pewing shit.

Bombless

Can't wait to see the first Mordu BS hitting the market at ridiculous 2B prices or some shit.

Unlocking marauders in 2 days (Golem). Boosting missiles after that, hopefully the Barghest price will stabilise in a few weeks so I can add that stingray to my hangar :p

Can't wait to see the first Mordu BS hitting the market at ridiculous 2B prices or some shit.

Unlocking marauders in 2 days (Golem). Boosting missiles after that, hopefully the Barghest price will stabilise in a few weeks so I can add that stingray to my hangar :p

yeah i unlocked golem this month, and i went the t2 cruiser route, but someone told me that golem is more of a torpedo boat.

so im aiming for t2 torps atm since honestly, pve short range missiles are my preference now due to dps/speed.

Bombless

yeah i unlocked golem this month, and i went the t2 cruiser route, but someone told me that golem is more of a torpedo boat.

so im aiming for t2 torps atm since honestly, pve short range missiles are my preference now due to dps/speed.

I'm torn on this. On one hand I love torps, on the other I'm lazy so warping in then targeting everything and blowing everything up without moving is appealing :p

i still havent rolled out the golem so im willing to experiment with both, and bastion mode could make me change my mind.

i've been spoiled by my ham tengu/ham Cerberus. those things slice through ships like butter.

Bombless

i still havent rolled out the golem so im willing to experiment with both, and bastion mode could make me change my mind.

i've been spoiled by my ham tengu/ham Cerberus. those things slice through ships like butter.

I have Gallente HACs leveled up but I never actually stepped into one heh. My 'snake has been more than adequate so far. It'll be interesting to see how it behaves post patch.

I have Gallente HACs leveled up but I never actually stepped into one heh. My 'snake has been more than adequate so far. It'll be interesting to see how it behaves post patch.

with the buffs it got, it should do marvelously.

but i can tell you from personal experience, i barely touch my Tengu with my cerberus around. The downgrade in damage/tank is miniscule, and the sense of security you get from the fact if you lose it it won't cost you a week of SP is marvelous!

Loona

Not many people on gaf playing eve I take it, this thread is dead.

I think it's the game's infamous beta keeping people paranoid about possibly sharing too much information here (too much being whatever may give others info or reason to shoot you).

Things have taken an interesting turn with a silly little gameplay idea of mine, tomorrow should be an interesting day, hopefully a step forward in my experience with the game.

Onemic

I think it's the game's infamous beta keeping people paranoid about possibly sharing too much information here (too much being whatever may give others info or reason to shoot you).

Things have taken an interesting turn with a silly little gameplay idea of mine, tomorrow should be an interesting day, hopefully a step forward in my experience with the game.

beta?

Tetsuo9

i check in for SKILL QUEUE ONLINE™

studying for exams though. maybe i should train a miner just to have it on in the background

You can do cosmic anomalies with an ishtar 100mn afterburner, passive shield tanked and using heavy drones. I do them while at work or when reading or watching videos.

JoeMartin

You can do cosmic anomalies with an ishtar 100mn afterburner, passive shield tanked and using heavy drones. I do them while at work or when reading or watching videos.

Yep, double LSE fit makes your sig big enough to the point that rats won't switch to drones - literally a pre-AI tweak level of mission AFKing to be done.

todayis the big patch day.

after training missile skills on my amarr pilot (need them HAM cruisers, for when lasers dont get the job done), next will be Gallente cruiser 5.

I want to specialize with a stratios on my alt.

Bombless

After experimenting with my golem, torps really aren't worth it right now. Maaaaybe with max skills. But cruises go up to about 200km already so it's pointless really.

DarkFlow

Banned

Pfft, I'm in HED right now with the Brave Alliance, come at me bros!

Top Bottom