• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

On a 14 day trial

What corp should I join if I want to pvp?

I play from around 5pm PST to 9am PST

i would recommend either brave newbies (but that might be a little extreme nowadays, sorta like being born and having to learn how to run and climb right off the bat), eve university due to their extensive teaching resources (training sessions, free skillbooks, good background and relatively safe). you could also check out the recruiting channels for a smaller corp.

Remember the "neogaf" channel exists duders. (Though I'm the only one in the channel 95% of the time)

I'll also suggest joining Brave Newbies for any new players. It's a corporation setup entire for new players getting into the game.

On a 14 day trial

What corp should I join if I want to pvp?

I play from around 5pm PST to 9am PST

try doing the epic arcs for sisters of eve

gets you some nice money and experience. relatively easy too (except for one of the last missions where you need ~150 dps, but you can either ask for help or get a destroyer for that one)

DarkFlow

Banned
Remember the "neogaf" channel exists duders. (Though I'm the only one in the channel 95% of the time)

I'll also suggest joining Brave Newbies for any new players. It's a corporation setup entire for new players getting into the game.
I'm in Brave and I agree with this. They are incredibly helpful to new players, and we now own all of catch! So you can putz around nullsec all you want.

tried to tackle the new besieged coevrt research facility (mordus legions).

holy snaps. those things hit hard, hit far, scram at 35km, and have major tank. 1st wave is 2 Battleships and one cruiser. last wave is 5 BSs. they tore through my shields in like 5 seconds.

lost a cerberus today. was almost going to be 1 year to the date without a ship loss.

i got too confident in lo sec and forgot to check dscan. i had 2 pockets of buffer that the killers had to go through that i could have run away. but by the time i remember to dscan the stilleto had already landed, with his loki and ishtar friend in tow. i aligned as fast as i could, but the stilleto was going like 4kms a second and caught up to me just as i was 3% away from warping out. i tried my best to unload on it, but he actually outflew my missiles.

Tetsuo9

lost a cerberus today. was almost going to be 1 year to the date without a ship loss.

i got too confident in lo sec and forgot to check dscan. i had 2 pockets of buffer that the killers had to go through that i could have run away. but by the time i remember to dscan the stilleto had already landed, with his loki and ishtar friend in tow. i aligned as fast as i could, but the stilleto was going like 4kms a second and caught up to me just as i was 3% away from warping out. i tried my best to unload on it, but he actually outflew my missiles.
were you using RLML?

Atomski

Havent played in a while and just noticed exploration sites dont seem to spit stuff out anymore and are lootable again? Kinda sparks my interest in exploration again ..

Havent played in a while and just noticed exploration sites dont seem to spit stuff out anymore and are lootable again? Kinda sparks my interest in exploration again ..

the take-back is that they also drop less loot than before (which is understandable since its easier).

the real kicker are the new modus legion sites. those things are freaking tough. They almost tore me apart in seconds in my tengu. but the loot drops are nice. i'm debating dropping the whole solo act and joining a lo sec group just to have backup during my usual trips.

Been thinking about playing EVE again lately. Not too much to do in WoW at the moment, so I might have time to squeeze EVE in.

Been playing the market a lot and I miss EVE's economy.

thank god for somer blink. incursion groups are getting more picky (specially TVP) and wait times are even longer. combined with plex prices ballooning up the wazoo and things are tougher than before.

Atomski

the take-back is that they also drop less loot than before (which is understandable since its easier).

the real kicker are the new modus legion sites. those things are freaking tough. They almost tore me apart in seconds in my tengu. but the loot drops are nice. i'm debating dropping the whole solo act and joining a lo sec group just to have backup during my usual trips.
Yeah I did a trip into null and was surprised that not much good was coming out of the data sites.. was just hoping it was bad luck.

coastel

Been thinking about playing EVE again lately. Not too much to do in WoW at the moment, so I might have time to squeeze EVE in.

Been playing the market a lot and I miss EVE's economy.

yea me to bazaar is a nice way to ge some isk and been playing this a while looking for a good corp to join combat focused took me a year training and selling chracters on bazaar till i feel i can play without caring about my skills.

Loona

Is anyone else having problems logging in?
The authentication form isn't showing up for me in the client, and the forum's not resposding too well either...

Atomski

Doing exploration in null sucks when ur ships cargo fills up in no time. Most the stuff is super small but if you actually want to keep parts to manufacture stuff its like instant full.

dammit, there's a group of miscreants actively hunting incursion groups now for the hell of it. And i just finished making my vindi a little more lucrative to be picked.

i don't wanna risk it.

Is this like, more than the usual?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2b2fzr/sanchezs_little_helpers_make_progress_against/

they seem to only be targeting TVP. they were my incursion group of choice since they usually only accepted shiny and finished sites faster than the alternative, but they have some.... "colorful" squad leaders that might not be the most sociable due to their penchant for wanting perfection.

so it's not like i don't understand why they chose tvp specifically.

Loona

The update's today, right?

It wasn't too clear for me, from what I recall from the dev blogs, if looking into your blueprints, which places in the vicinity would be viable to work on them, and what aspects they'd do best with.
Maybe it's simpler to figure out when you mess around a bit with the GUI?

Atomski

The update's today, right?

It wasn't too clear for me, from what I recall from the dev blogs, if looking into your blueprints, which places in the vicinity would be viable to work on them, and what aspects they'd do best with.
Maybe it's simpler to figure out when you mess around a bit with the GUI?

Its much simpler for me so far. I had a basic understanding of how manufacturing worked in this game but now its laid out nicely and clear so theres not so much of a clickfest to get what you need.

Im still a good ways off before I actually do anything good with it though.

On another topic.. what is like good edicute for putting stuff up for sale on the market. typically I just go to the nearest major hub and price match the lowest price. But now Im starting to realize thats probably a dumb thing to do..

Atomski

Droped a mordus frigate bpc yesterday and built it real fast. Thing looks awesome but I figured id better just sell it as im sure id get poped in it in no time.

Somer Blink Shutdown.

i think i lost of the biggest reasons to renew my account (since it provided a lot of those renewals for free).

I won a lot of stuff i wouldn't normally had a chance to fly, let alone have in my hangar. Now it actually means i have to play eve, and i don't think i have it in me that much given the drama surrounding incursions.

i might have to try the wormhole life for real now.

eot

Banned
It's a bummer for the people who liked that site (I stayed away from it myself), but on the other hand he was doing stuff that would get anyone else banned and they already let him get away with it once. Sucks for everyone.

i always thought somer to be someone who was genuine in her actions while having an entrepreneurial spirit. she is a talented web developer and some of the things and activities she created on the site are genius.

i am disappointed in the way things unraveled in the last few days, and although her reactions were abrupt, over the line, and overzealous, i wouldnt say they were malicious in nature.

i can honestly say it looked to be almost out of character for someone as calm and collected as somer from the few times we spoke. I'd like to think that she was feeling pressured by some 3rd party to push for the bonus plex gifts (maybe markee dragon?), or server costs were getting too much for her due to the site's popularity and the nature of the game (refreshing constantly to check for new tickets , with hundreds of people doing it all at the same time. sorta like an impromptu ddos taking up massive data) and she was desperate to alleviate things. so much so she took the smallest hint of CCP's progressive approval as a definite go-ahead before kinks worked out and jumped prematurely.

i will admit these past few months i was playing somer blink more than the actual game.

eot

Banned
i can honestly say it looked to be almost out of character for someone as calm and collected as somer from the few times we spoke. I'd like to think that she was feeling pressured by some 3rd party to push for the bonus plex gifts (maybe markee dragon?), or server costs were getting too much for her due to the site's popularity and the nature of the game (refreshing constantly to check for new tickets , with hundreds of people doing it all at the same time. sorta like an impromptu ddos taking up massive data) and she was desperate to alleviate things. so much so she took the smallest hint of CCP's progressive approval as a definite go-ahead before kinks worked out and jumped prematurely.

That wouldn't surprise me. MD is a shady guy with a history of RMT, and apparently he didn't take any of the risk in this.

Just came back to the game after a long break.

-Drone overhaul
-Micro Jump Drive seems to be popular?
-LVL 4 Burner (Frigate) missions seem pretty cool

What else? I still struggle with finding fun ways to make ISK. I used to do the whole hacking relic/data sites but is it just me, or are they harder to find these days due to being over-hunted?

MJD is popular for missioning and stuff.

ishtars got a bit of a nerf, but still beast

isk is still as elusive as ever. Incursion drama makes it even more so nowadays.

hacking/scanning got a bit of a nerf because people got jaded about having to actually manually do stuff instead of having everything automated with the loot spew. so now to compensate for less manual stuff, the drop table got less stuff.

Atomski

I've been really enjoying the game lately, wish I had more time to play. Managed to get one of those drone chips drop last night that you can trade for a Stratios bpc. :D

I think missions still have to be my best source of ISK. I just don't know of a better way I can pop-on when I have some free time, make some ISK, and not have to follow a schedule or wander around scanning.

Blows my mind that after working on skills for what feels like years (off and on), I still find my skill setup lacking for certain configs.

Right now I'm training up Sentry Drone V because the "new" Armageddon seems to make a fantastic drone boat, well-out DPSing my old Apocalypse.

MJD is popular for missioning and stuff.

ishtars got a bit of a nerf, but still beast

isk is still as elusive as ever. Incursion drama makes it even more so nowadays.

hacking/scanning got a bit of a nerf because people got jaded about having to actually manually do stuff instead of having everything automated with the loot spew. so now to compensate for less manual stuff, the drop table got less stuff.

I just got an e-mail with 10 free days for my account and wondered if any gaffers still play this ?

I kinda play it on/off tbh but it's nice to come back after a couple of months break.

Atruvius

I just got an e-mail with 10 free days for my account and wondered if any gaffers still play this ?

I kinda play it on/off tbh but it's nice to come back after a couple of months break.

I just accidentally activated my 10 free days. Oh well, I guess I have to start playing this again.

I'm kind of anxious. I last played this last spring and my character was at null or low sec space at a BNI corp's main station. They've probably kicked me out, moved out and I'll get blown to pieces trying to leave the station. D:

edit. Whoa, they haven't kicked me out.

DjRalford

I miss EVE, but after my Corp disbanded and split up I couldn't justify subbing my accounts after not actually undocking for 6 months, even though I had enough isk to keep me going another year in PLEX i figured I'd keep it banked so I have plenty to come back too when I return.

Living in sov was good fun though, as were the massive fleet fights with, and against, the cfc.

I just accidentally activated my 10 free days. Oh well, I guess I have to start playing this again.

I'm kind of anxious. I last played this last spring and my character was at null or low sec space at a BNI corp's main station. They've probably kicked me out, moved out and I'll get blown to pieces trying to leave the station. D:

edit. Whoa, they haven't kicked me out.

I miss EVE, but after my Corp disbanded and split up I couldn't justify subbing my accounts after not actually undocking for 6 months, even though I had enough isk to keep me going another year in PLEX i figured I'd keep it banked so I have plenty to come back too when I return.

Living in sov was good fun though, as were the massive fleet fights with, and against, the cfc.

Haha, awesome. Before the last break I took I joined up a null-corp, The Kadeshi or something (found out they were crap later), but it wasn't really for me as, I'm back in Gal Mil FW now, I enjoy the fact that you can just go in a frig and find fights everywhere, though a little less now that Caldari FW is kinda broken.

Apparently Gallente got full 100% control of the Faction Warfare space and all their leaders fled to do other stuff, they're just a shell of what they used to be.

Hit me up if you want to do stuff Kaempe Kaskoofi is my player name!

EDIT: I like to play EVE on/off. Leave it for a while and come back when it's fresh and new again after a couple of updates. Bought a PLEX with my ISK and thinking I'd stay untill it gets boring again!

JoeMartin

From the EVEtv that just happened, news for the Rhea expansion:
  • Clone upgrades are gone; single size fits all SP. No cost for rebirth, only installing/moving clones.
  • No SP loss on clone death (implants still explode).
  • New 'Thera' wormhole systems which constitute the fifth type of space; they'll have static k-space connections in addition to wandering wormhole connections. They'll be NPC owned with no POSes/caps allowed. Wormhole style local channel. Many stations per system which are 200-1000 AU separated.
  • T3 destroyers, with production requirements somehow tied to these new systems.

Ocho

Resubbed after This is Eve trailer. Trying to get into industry this time. I'll join Neogaf channel see if some are around.

Top Bottom