• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Mudcrab

New patch is great. My Ishtar is so shiny now. I'm loving the graphics enhancements and cant wait to try the new wormhole changes. Now the long wait for a Caldari/Gallente T3 Destroyer.

So for various reasons I've kinda gotten bored with WoW for the moment and am thinking of hopping back in to EVE.

Dear god, there's been like half a dozen releases since I last played. Lots of cool looking stuff.

Was doing Incursions and paying 2 subs off the income from that but I don't know how viable that is right now. Might go back and just do exploration.

So I did just re-up my account for 3 months via Amazon gift card credit (they currently have a slight sale on PLEX and game time). Not sure what I'll want to do. Don't know if it would be wise to dive back into Incursions so quickly - I have enough left in the bank to recover from losing my Machariel, but I'd be broke after that. Besides other ships I have laying around.

Will have to see if I can get enough of an income stream going to reactivate my second account as well, but just the one character should suffice for now. Mentioned it in my other post, but I might hop back into exploration, as that was the other thing I enjoyed.

Tetsuo9

Incursion in null is also picking up and worth venturing into since the jump drive changes. At least in CFC space there is always some kind of incursion fleet going on.

Wormhole farming is also great. C3 sites are worth 43m isk on average, and you can pretty much dual box them in gilas.

Did a little bit of exploration right before downtime. Only found 1 site though with a flimsy ~1.5mil payout. I'll get around to more later. I also realized I was in my relatively expensive Incursion clone, so I probably want to jump out of that if decide to do anything more dangerous.

In other news, found out that I'm only ~4 days off Minmatar Battleship V, so that's pretty cool. Working on that and a few other smaller skills in queue, then I dunno what for sure. Could train a couple of the exploration skills I have at IV to V, or considering Sentry Drone Interfacing V. Already have Heavy Drones at V.

Incursion in null is also picking up and worth venturing into since the jump drive changes. At least in CFC space there is always some kind of incursion fleet going on.

Wormhole farming is also great. C3 sites are worth 43m isk on average, and you can pretty much dual box them in gilas.

i thought iskboxer got banned

I just realized that I might just have 2 billion ISK worth of Concord LP stored up from Incursions I ran.

That would certainly be nice. I'll have to double check though.

So yeah, I do have 2bil+ ISK worth of Concord LP. Don't know if I'm up to selling it via the mailing list though - might just convert it myself by buying implants or whatever. Provide me with a nice little boost to my nest egg.

Did some wormhole diving today, but didn't really find anything good. Mostly an empty C3 with a crap load of other connections, but not really any sites. Couple went to null, but not anywhere that looked particularly lucrative unless I took some more jumps out.

Thinking about joining a WH or Null corp and living the life doing that, which I've never done before, but I might get back to Incursions a bit first to build up my wallet some more and get my alt rolling again as well (she's about 17mil SP, very close to being an Ishtar pilot iirc + some diversions). Though I suppose WH or Null activities would be comparable in ISK/Hr to running Incursions. I'm just a little bit afraid to get my feet wet I guess.

Made a post in the corp recruitment forums. See what bites I get.

Mainly looking for WH space.

In the meantime, decided I can't really move my Concord LP easily, so I'll just sit on it as an emergency source of funding.

I would suggest avoiding anything on the EVE-O forums. BRAVE has a ton of WH only corps like Dropbears and The Desolate Order. Really though, no WH corp that recruits mainly from EVE-O posts is probably worth joining.

Good luck finding a nice WH corp and be wary of recruitment scams.

Snuck an Enyo and Helios back into the home wormhole this evening. Gonna try and get a gas huffing Venture as well and I'll probably be set for at least a little while.

are you in a c1? frigs for a wh?

C4 with some statics. Enyo is a doctrine tackle ship though. Helios is for scanning without being in an as expensive Astero. Haven't had the chance to get in anything bigger/more useful yet (esp. being in for only a day). Logistics aren't the most organized.

Been a couple days now and I'm not sure how comfortable I feel in the new corp. Will give it some more time, but I was definitely making better ISK more consistently running Incursions (on my own time as well), which is something to be concerned about if I want to continue to play, especially since I want to reactivate my alt account sooner rather than later.

I definitely need more experience though before I call it quits.

I've had occasional bursts of EVE activity over the past few years, and I've just gotten back into it again. I've been watching WiNGSPAN_TT's videos on YouTube, which are definitely motivating me to try out both exploration and stealth PvP more than I ever did before.

Is there a typical corp for GAF folks? CarbonatedFalcon, your posts lead me to believe there may not be anymore. I'm ideally looking for something where I could have a meaningful effect on the universe but not incur the overhead of being part of a huge corp/alliance. I really enjoyed the early days of the Giant Bomb corp years ago, but tuned out relatively quickly once they merged into BRAVE and it was no longer a scrappy upstart corp making its way in the universe.

I'm Gaius Valencia if anyone wants to do anything in-game.

I've had occasional bursts of EVE activity over the past few years, and I've just gotten back into it again. I've been watching WiNGSPAN_TT's videos on YouTube, which are definitely motivating me to try out both exploration and stealth PvP more than I ever did before.

Is there a typical corp for GAF folks? CarbonatedFalcon, your posts lead me to believe there may not be anymore. I'm ideally looking for something where I could have a meaningful effect on the universe but not incur the overhead of being part of a huge corp/alliance. I really enjoyed the early days of the Giant Bomb corp years ago, but tuned out relatively quickly once they merged into BRAVE and it was no longer a scrappy upstart corp making its way in the universe.

I'm Gaius Valencia if anyone wants to do anything in-game.

Sorry for the belated response. No there's no GAF corp anymore (well, one may exist still in game, but it's completely dead). People here who play (whether regularly or on-and-off like me) just hang out in the NeoGAF chat channel in-game and occasionally talk.

Anyway, my update is that although I haven't spent much time logged in, not sure the new WH corp is right for me. Sorry if this sounds redundant compared to my last post, but yeah. Dunno if WH life just isn't right for me, or just the corp in general isn't working out (the recruiter person who was the only person I kinda knew switched corps in the past week). Doesn't help that there's now apparently going to be a 35% tax on everything to fund an SRP. I'm not making anywhere near the amount of ISK I'd like for the effort I'd want to put in. Particularly since I'm not anywhere close to being able to support a second account with PLEX. I'll give it a little more time, but I'm thinking I just want to move back to running incursions, build up my wallet a bit, then try venturing out again, maybe to null this time.

Sorry for the belated response. No there's no GAF corp anymore (well, one may exist still in game, but it's completely dead). People here who play (whether regularly or on-and-off like me) just hang out in the NeoGAF chat channel in-game and occasionally talk.

Anyway, my update is that although I haven't spent much time logged in, not sure the new WH corp is right for me. Sorry if this sounds redundant compared to my last post, but yeah. Dunno if WH life just isn't right for me, or just the corp in general isn't working out (the recruiter person who was the only person I kinda knew switched corps in the past week). Doesn't help that there's now apparently going to be a 35% tax on everything to fund an SRP. I'm not making anywhere near the amount of ISK I'd like for the effort I'd want to put in. Particularly since I'm not anywhere close to being able to support a second account with PLEX. I'll give it a little more time, but I'm thinking I just want to move back to running incursions, build up my wallet a bit, then try venturing out again, maybe to null this time.

im thinking of using those free 20 days that CCP was giving out for a 2nd pilot on the same account to start up a FW alt. just for the pvp aspect. I don't mind pausing my main for a couple of days to allow for a more developed character.

variety ya know!? otherwise i might just join ya in null and spend the last few months of my paid account pvping random people.

No worries! I'll join the GAF channel.

I think I'm going to toss an application in for WiNGSPAN's corp. I've been watching a ton of his YouTube videos and I really like the zero-allegiance/independent approach to running a corporation.

Got my first solo PvP kill today!

I decided to take my newly purchased Stratios into wormhole space a few hours ago. I was exploring and mapping out the first system I came to (J125209) when I noticed a bunch of Sisters of Eve scanner probes on d-scan. I had scanned down the system's sites myself and could tell someone was either pinpointing a wormhole or a data site nearby.

I camped near the wormhole and waited a bit. Sure enough, an Astero popped up on d-scan and appeared to be at the data site. I jumped in, waited by one of the containers for them to start a hack on it, dropped stealth, and attacked.

It was over super quickly and I wasn't in much danger, but damn did it feel tense!

Got my first solo PvP kill today!

I decided to take my newly purchased Stratios into wormhole space a few hours ago. I was exploring and mapping out the first system I came to (J125209) when I noticed a bunch of Sisters of Eve scanner probes on d-scan. I had scanned down the system's sites myself and could tell someone was either pinpointing a wormhole or a data site nearby.

I camped near the wormhole and waited a bit. Sure enough, an Astero popped up on d-scan and appeared to be at the data site. I jumped in, waited by one of the containers for them to start a hack on it, dropped stealth, and attacked.

It was over super quickly and I wasn't in much danger, but damn did it feel tense!

now that's just mean and unnecessary

I rike dat

i commend you on creating content though, and having the balls to bring out a stratios and a pack of geckos.

Well it looks like I may have been kicked from my corp for being inactive after not logging in for merely a week.

This is probably the last straw if I end up losing a ship(s) due to this. Wasn't feeling it anyway right now.

Will likely just go back to incursions for a couple months at least and build up a sustainable net worth before trying WH or Null again.

Okay, so there was somewhat of a misunderstanding I guess, but it wasn't worth my time to try and fix since I wasn't having too much fun with the corp anyway. But yeah, basically I was kicked for inactivity, without warning. Though there was no contractual amount of time expected to be active, so kinda of 50/50 of both parties being in the wrong.

Anyway, I just ended up self-destructing my ship and pod (early this morning right before downtime so I wouldn't get killed otherwise) to go back to high-sec, where I'll make a 1-man corp again (my old one is held by an alt on my inactive account) and do incursions and possibly missions, at least for awhile. How fast I swing back into that I dunno for sure. Will be able to fly a Vindicator with T2 guns in about a week which I've wanted to try, but before sinking money into that purchase, I'll be flying my old somewhat blingy Machariel.

glaurung

Guys, I haven't resubbed in almost a year.

Is there a let's play video or quick look that covers the latest updates and patches? Don't bother linking CCP's own videos, they're largely useless and boring.

Okay, so there was somewhat of a misunderstanding I guess, but it wasn't worth my time to try and fix since I wasn't having too much fun with the corp anyway. But yeah, basically I was kicked for inactivity, without warning. Though there was no contractual amount of time expected to be active, so kinda of 50/50 of both parties being in the wrong.

Anyway, I just ended up self-destructing my ship and pod (early this morning right before downtime so I wouldn't get killed otherwise) to go back to high-sec, where I'll make a 1-man corp again (my old one is held by an alt on my inactive account) and do incursions and possibly missions, at least for awhile. How fast I swing back into that I dunno for sure. Will be able to fly a Vindicator with T2 guns in about a week which I've wanted to try, but before sinking money into that purchase, I'll be flying my old somewhat blingy Machariel.

i tried the whole sniper thing in a nightmare, and I don't know how you guys do it. I mean incursions are monotonous enough, but somehow the sniper aspect of it is slightly even more so.

I definitely enjoyed the close range side of it more, but that also came with more danger and stringent maneuvering so I guess that adds to a more...active involvement.

Guys, I haven't resubbed in almost a year.

Is there a let's play video or quick look that covers the latest updates and patches? Don't bother linking CCP's own videos, they're largely useless and boring.

I don't think theres any fanmade videos. Best I can link you to is the eve subreddit where people post more detailed aspects of every update

www.reddit.com/r/eve

zanos

Neo Member
Sad that there's no GAF corp, I'll just the channel and see if we can fleet up on occasion. Anyone else do any Faction Warfare? It's pretty fun, lucrative, and can get you quite a bit of solo fights (as well as ganked by gate campers and rich pirates roaming in T3Ds wanting to kill your T1 Frig, but it is what it is).

I'm having such anxiety about getting back into an incursion fleet. I remember some things, but forget specifics. And especially flying a fairly blingy ship that I can't really afford to lose (yeah, yeah bad idea) at least until I have some sites under me.

I have 2bil+ worth of LP, but that doesn't help much when I'm low on liquid ISK.

And I mainly want to fly in the morning fairly soon after downtime, so if I wake up late or whatever, I'm just like, "wellllll, I'll wait till tomorrow".

Anyway, Leadership V finally incoming in a day, and that's all the leadership points I ever really plan on getting. Then Long Range Targeting V is queued up next finally.

I'm having such anxiety about getting back into an incursion fleet. I remember some things, but forget specifics. And especially flying a fairly blingy ship that I can't really afford to lose (yeah, yeah bad idea) at least until I have some sites under me.

I have 2bil+ worth of LP, but that doesn't help much when I'm low on liquid ISK.

And I mainly want to fly in the morning fairly soon after downtime, so if I wake up late or whatever, I'm just like, "wellllll, I'll wait till tomorrow".

Anyway, Leadership V finally incoming in a day, and that's all the leadership points I ever really plan on getting. Then Long Range Targeting V is queued up next finally.

leadership would get you tons of eve poontang

Sad that there's no GAF corp, I'll just the channel and see if we can fleet up on occasion. Anyone else do any Faction Warfare? It's pretty fun, lucrative, and can get you quite a bit of solo fights (as well as ganked by gate campers and rich pirates roaming in T3Ds wanting to kill your T1 Frig, but it is what it is).

I often want to take someone with em to lo sec and find some fights on the random in cheap frigs

Someone let me know if this is unnecessary, but I went ahead and created a new NeoGAF channel in game. Being that the current channel is completely dead and no one knows who owns it, I made "NeoGAF!"

I basically would like a channel that new or old players can join and actually get a bit of a greeting. There is usually between 1-3 people online at a given time, so having at least some direction for new players would be an improvement. I added a small MOTD with current EVEnts and recommended corps.

Please join "NeoGAF!" when you get a chance and hopefully we can help revive the in-game community a bit.

Someone let me know if this is unnecessary, but I went ahead and created a new NeoGAF channel in game. Being that the current channel is completely dead and no one knows who owns it, I made "NeoGAF!"

I basically would like a channel that new or old players can join and actually get a bit of a greeting. There is usually between 1-3 people online at a given time, so having at least some direction for new players would be an improvement. I added a small MOTD with current EVEnts and recommended corps.

Please join "NeoGAF!" when you get a chance and hopefully we can help revive the in-game community a bit.

I'm disappointed it's not NeoGAF. in traditional EVE fashion :p Will join when I next login.

Fanfest this week! Hopefully some cool stuff gets announced.

H1PSTER

Hey there, I've started playing again after a fairly long break.

Everything has changed but I'm looking to move into a C2 wormhole, what will I need for living in one other than a dickstar PoS?

Does EveGaf have any fits to share for WH Livin'?

zanos

Neo Member

Will do.

As far as the WH, I did live in a C2 for a while. To take the most advantage of it, you will want a POS setup with reacting equipment for all the WH T3 gases that spawn in gas belts (which need to be probed down). There are also ore sites with huge rocks, but ore, unlike gas, is--as you probably know--a pain in the ass to move. If you were serious about the ore, you could also buy a compression array and a refining array if you wanted to turn it into materials to make stuff inside of it. This could cut down costs for you, but would require quite a bit of clutter and offlining/onlining of different POS facilities.

The gas, however, is quite lucrative (depending on the gas type, but all of them are worth something). You can find more here:

http://wormholefundamentals.com/wormhole-space-gas-reactions/

You will also want a combat ship to run the sites. A C2 can be run in either a T3 cruiser (a bit overkill to be honest, but it does work :p), a HAC, even a battlecruiser (Drake) can run the sites, might just take a little longer. You will want to fit according to the specifics of the wormhole, i.e it's type. If it's a non-typed wormhole, then you just need enough tank/damage projection dps to take out the sleepers. You will want to read up on the specifics of the combat sites (it also has all of the other types of sites, which could help you better prepare should you want to exploit them), located here:

http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=WormholespaceClass2

So you may want a venture for the gas mining, a retriever for ore mining (if you want to do it) a couple combat ship for sites, a dedicated prober (covops) with hacking and archaeology to hack the cans at the sleeper sites after they have been cleared, possibly a hauler too (could be t1) you will also want to exploit all that juicy PI in there so make sure you figure out the planet types and bring in command centers.

If you can fly a T3SC, you can just buy the extra subsystems and do a lot of this all-in-one, such as fitting it with hacking/relic modules/probing, as well as combat stuff.

This site is invaluable, you can look up the wormhole by its label, find out all the planets in it, if there were any kills, etc: http://www.staticmapper.com/

In my old WH, I had a Tengu, a Deep Space Transport, a Helios, Prospect, Retriever, Miasmos, an Epithal. I did pretty much everything myself. Make sure whenever you log on to probe down new wormhole entrances, probe down any sites (and/or unwanted visitors), and break your mouse by clicking d-scan every millisecond.

Also, if you do bring in a T3SC, make sure to bring in some extra subsystems (as I mentioned), but also enough to fit it for PVP, if need be. You could also bring in a separate combat vessel for unwanted intruders.

You also want some mobile depots to change things on the fly, plenty of spare probe launchers, sisters probes, and a bunch of other modules and stuff as needed as you want to try and be self-sufficient. Here are some sample fits: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2b1bee/favorite_wormhole_c2_c3_c4_shipfit/

zanos

Neo Member
leadership would get you tons of eve poontang

I often want to take someone with em to lo sec and find some fights on the random in cheap frigs

Seems like FW areas are the only areas where you can still find T1 Frig solo fights. It doesn't always happen and sometimes there are gate camps or the random pirates that pop in with T3 dessies, but they do happen. I have a couple toons in the Minmatar FW areas. Come on over :)

OP Gets a minor update. Anyway, fanfest stream is LIVE! Main Keynote in ~35 minutes from this post. EVE Keynote in ~ 5hrs, 35 minutes.

STREAM

SCHEDULE

And I still have incursion anxiety, woo! But to be fair this week's incursion was in a crappy system bordering low-sec, two jumps out from any station. I'll start next week or maybe this weekend whenever a better one pops up.

OP Gets a minor update. Anyway, fanfest stream is LIVE! Main Keynote in ~35 minutes from this post. EVE Keynote in ~ 5hrs, 35 minutes.

STREAM

SCHEDULE

And I still have incursion anxiety, woo! But to be fair this week's incursion was in a crappy system bordering low-sec, two jumps out from any station. I'll start next week or maybe this weekend whenever a better one pops up.

are you doing incursions in the mach or vindi?

are you doing incursions in the mach or vindi?

Mach still. Too ISK poor at the moment to afford a Vindicator, but it's on my to-do list to have both options available. Be awhile before that probably though, especially if I want to support a second account (if not my main account as well) via PLEX.

Mach still. Too ISK poor at the moment to afford a Vindicator, but it's on my to-do list to have both options available. Be awhile before that probably though, especially if I want to support a second account (if not my main account as well) via PLEX.

as a sniper i think you would have a much easier time getting back into the groove of things.

if you need a vindi, i can spare one in the meantime till you can afford your own, only thing is you would need to outfit it yourself and if it gets lost i assume the srp from the incursion communities will provide enough to replace it.

I'm not really sure why you have some incursion anxiety. What group are you running with?

I usually run with TVP if I have to do incursions. I usually run a scimitar doing logi and don't even bother with comms. Incursions are super easy, especially at this point in the meta. I wouldn't worry especially if you're in a machariel, it's very hard to actually mess that up.

Structuresssssssss!

Hopefully some more detail on Saturday when the panel for that is on. The fitting window overhaul is definitely a huge step in the right direction for making POSes more accessible. And they mentioned/hinted at the ability to anchor things outside of moons and planets, so I really hope that develops nicely. I'd definitely be interested in owning a small personal starbase as someone/for the times when I'm not in a corp with other people.

Mudcrab

Missile Destroyer hype boys! Oh and the Hecate is cool too.

E1t6d8n.png

It's times like these I'm glad I have all racial Destoyers at V. Thankfully had the skill pre-tiericide.

What I really want is T3 BCs to make use of those skills.

Top Bottom