• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Won 100mil from Moose Bank's stream tonight. Almost missed it cause I walked away and came back. *quits while ahead*

lol i won a plex and almost lost it at the last second too.

well technically i won a fedo, but they gave me a pirate ship as a bonus and i sold it for a plex

i still miss the somer blink style promos since they filled up my stash of ships nicely, iwantisk's giveaways are too random and too many people for little gain.

Wait in incursion waitlist for 1+ hour, alarm goes off and I check it a few seconds later and I still miss invite. RIP.

I'll just join later tonight or early tomorrow, can't be arsed to wait around again this afternoon.

EVE IS KIL

Mass disconnects, so cool when doing incursions. I didn't DC but half the fleet did. At least it only happened at the end of a tower bash on a TPPH.

But damn have servers been unstable the past couple weeks.

Modgate needs the equivalent of Incarna Jita riots.

Anywayyyyyyyyy...

Haven't logged in in a bit. Been busy with other things. Though I did re-up my main account for 3 months, and my alt account for 1 month. Main is pretty much as done training for a Vindicator as she'll ever be now, and is currently on to Amarr Cruiser V for the Legion. Alt is onto Broker Relations V after finishing some science/production skills.

I'll probably get back to playing within a week or two since my plan for the foreseeable future is likely to be just paying for my main account, and PLEXing the alt. At least until I build up a lot more ISK. Though I've gotten distracted by other games/things, I still feel EVE is worth my time, so long as I'm not playing WoW (even with the token with which I could afford years of sub-time - it's not worth the gold if I can't or won't give it enough attention).

Ok so.

CCP introduced the seekers and drifters into eve.

you can kill them anywhere in eve and get their loot.

APPARENTLY it has been noted that THEY HOLD A GRUDGE AND PUT OUT BOUNTIES ON YOU.

Some people that killed drifters suddenly noticed seekers around where they were warp off, and then a group of seekers lands on grid and blaps them.

one dude even mentioned he was being station camped by 2 of them, warped to a safe, and later on they landed on grid and blapped him again.

genius! and dangerous if you are a prominent incursion.

Mmm, week left on Amarr Cruiser V. Be another ~11 days after that for T2 Medium energy turrets though. Besides all the subsystem skills for the Legion.

Been distracted with other games, but I'll get back into playing soonish.

Bizazedo

Damn it, CCP. Got me to come back after years to look around / nose around. Curses.

Any GAF corps / channels? Assuming channels.....

Ok so.

CCP introduced the seekers and drifters into eve.

you can kill them anywhere in eve and get their loot.

...the fuck are Seekers / Drifters?

Onemic

I wish I could get into this game again, but I'm broke and I dont have the itme that I used to. Dat school / looking for jobs life

Bizazedo

I wish I could get into this game again, but I'm broke and I dont have the itme that I used to. Dat school / looking for jobs life

Part of the reason I am checking back in, it was cheap for 3 mos / I am curious as hell. Half my shit is in Syndicate, but still have some stuff in Empire. All the expensive shit is in Syndicate, though, including a ridiculously blinged out Navy Raven named Fiasco. We were all taking pimped out ships on suicide runs to see how well we could do before they went down and Fiasco barely survived.

Damn it, CCP. Got me to come back after years to look around / nose around. Curses.

Any GAF corps / channels? Assuming channels.....

"NeoGAF!" sans quotes is the current channel.

...the fuck are Seekers / Drifters?

Like, the dudes from WH space coming to reclaim your corpses. These fuckers. Is short explanation. It's the ongoing storyline, just look em up.

Been playing a lot of skill queue online lately. Just haven't found time/been interested in playing so much. Can officially fly a Legion now though with T2 weapons. Might mess around with that for exploring WHs, less SP invested into the subsystems (only to 4) vs. my Tengu which has 4 of them at 5.

Probably want to build up some more ISK from incursions though before spending some time messing around exploring. Been paying for both my main and alt account with real money, alt account month-to-month and it's getting expensive. Need to put at least one if not both on PLEX ideally, or just drop the alt for awhile.

Been playing a lot of skill queue online lately. Just haven't found time/been interested in playing so much. Can officially fly a Legion now though with T2 weapons. Might mess around with that for exploring WHs, less SP invested into the subsystems (only to 4) vs. my Tengu which has 4 of them at 5.

Probably want to build up some more ISK from incursions though before spending some time messing around exploring. Been paying for both my main and alt account with real money, alt account month-to-month and it's getting expensive. Need to put at least one if not both on PLEX ideally, or just drop the alt for awhile.

same here. i misread a promotion and ended up making a 3rd account by mistake. im making a fw alt with it, then transferring it to main.

i need the adrenaline rush.

i might even go diving for pvp in low sec in a dispensible pod/ship.

Mudcrab

AT LAST IT"S FINALLY HAPPENING!

YHy2s7v.png

So I found a Superior Sleeper Cache today, but failed a difficult hack and got unceremoniously blown to bits. Thought it might reset and took a second Helios in, but it didn't, and that also got blown up. LOL.

To scan it down in the first place I had to switch a rig on my first Helios. Hardest site to scan in the game.

Was pretty fun, but I wish it wasn't soooo punishing. Seems silly that you can't try again after failing one hack (which is gonna happen to everyone regardless of skill/module). So I'm like net negative 45mil for the day. Gonna take a break now, then maybe do some more exploring later tonight.

So I found a Superior Sleeper Cache today, but failed a difficult hack and got unceremoniously blown to bits. Thought it might reset and took a second Helios in, but it didn't, and that also got blown up. LOL.

To scan it down in the first place I had to switch a rig on my first Helios. Hardest site to scan in the game.

Was pretty fun, but I wish it wasn't soooo punishing. Seems silly that you can't try again after failing one hack (which is gonna happen to everyone regardless of skill/module). So I'm like net negative 45mil for the day. Gonna take a break now, then maybe do some more exploring later tonight.

i still havent attempted any sleeper hacking sites.

i got blown up once and i got major ptsd from it.

Had an escalation from a site yesterday that I finally did today. Escalated twice I think? Then died out. Underwhelming loot to say the least, wasn't really worth the time. Probably better off just taking a Cov Ops into wormholes/null. Maybe take a (newly trained) Legion or something more flashy (T3 Destroyer?) when I have more ISK to blow.

Though I'm trying to save up for a properly fit Vindicator for incursions and that'll take awhile since I need to at least fund my alt account with PLEX from this point on. So that's like 6-8 hours of incursions to cover that expense each month alone before I can save.

Alt finished Accounting V the other day, so outside of standings, she's maxed in market cost reduction skills. Well I guess not maxed Margin Trading, but that's just upfront deposit, not ISK going into the nether.

Main has ~2 days left on Gallente Cruiser V. Then onto Medium Hybrid Turret maximization. After that I may switch up the order of my plan a bit. Though I suppose I get Gallente Strategic Cruiser stuff in there before anything else.

Other than that not much news to report. Out of town now and I won't be back until Friday or so, so no playing for me which is unfortunate since I need to get a PLEX for my alt by the 21st I think. Just watching my skills train on the Neocom app for iOS.

Just spent nearly a bil on a PLEX for my alt account that ran out tomorrow. Didn't really want to do it since now I'm a bit ISK poor having been out of town for a little over a week and not having had the chance to build up my wallet to a more comfortable level. But I'm low on actual money and can't really spare $15 right now, so for the moment this worked out better.

...so long as I do some serious incursion running in the next month.

fuck, i dont know how by my eve account was set on autopay.

I was planning on letting it run out for the summer cause i dont have time or money to dedicate for it while schools out.

Hi folks! Anyone still active in EVE? I've been playing (and streaming!) recently.

I've had a lot of fun messing around with low-end PvP on an alt character, gradually working my way up from frigates to destroyers. I resurrected my old corp with fugimax, who I've somehow managed to get hooked on mining operations. If anyone is interested in some good, aimless fun, give me a shout at Miku Yoshimoto, apply to join Valencia Industries, or just stop by the "NeoGAF!" chat channel.

Not playing at the moment, no. Didn't have time to grind PLEX anymore and I can't afford a subscription otherwise currently. Not super rich in EVE like I am in WoW, where I can easily afford the game time for gold. But I'll be around again sometime I'm sure. Get bored of WoW and take breaks every and then, and I usually play EVE in the interim.

Dammit, had a dream about EVE, Maybe it's time to get back in again. I'm not really in the mood to do incursions, but it's the only thing I know how to do that makes decent ISK. Maybe more interested in doing production/trading side, but that means subbing my alt as well.

Officially resubbed my main and alt accounts today. Just 1 month each to start. Gonna try and avoid incursions if I can help it, but they are damn lucrative I might not be able to resist. Want to try and fund myself with trading/manufacturing with some exploration on the side. Haven't decided on if I want to look for a corp or not yet. The tricky thing is, if I go for a corp, I want my main combat pilot with 50mil+ SP in it obviously, but then I lose access to incursions should the need for serious ISK arise, as my alt wasn't trained into the proper skills to run them (she's at 19mil+ SP, but a fair amount of that is science/industry/trade).

Ideally I can make enough to PLEX both accounts in a month, though just one would be satisfactory. Harder now either way with PLEX at 1.2bil.

Okay, so I put up an ad for myself in the corp recruitment forums late last night. I've gotten like 9+ offers today. I don't even know where to begin with that really - it's overwhelming to sort through.

That's the big news. I'm sick at the moment so going through and evaluating everything is off the table for at least a day or two.

In other news, my market alt is doing well enough. Started her out with 200mil liquid and she's at 243mil right now with more in buy/sell orders and unsold stock.

I'm always wondering if there's something new and groundbreaking in the next Eve patch. But recently I haven't re-subbed to check anything out.

Love Eve, but feel like there is something they're missing with the gameplay... that makes it feel like work.

I'm always wondering if there's something new and groundbreaking in the next Eve patch. But recently I haven't re-subbed to check anything out.

Love Eve, but feel like there is something they're missing with the gameplay... that makes it feel like work.

Well they recently had this sort of halloween event that seemed pretty cool (I wasn't subbed yet at the time). There's an upcoming event that's supposed to be similar for winter/holidays in the next patch.

Though I definitely can feel you on the gameplay seeming like work a lot of the time, or at least work to have pew pew fun. It's more of a sim in that regard. The forthcoming citadels/structures should freshen the game up when they arrive in the spring though. They've said that the quick cadence release schedule didn't completely work out IIRC cause they didn't have big features all at once to hype people to sub/resub. So they intend to have about 2 big 'expansions' a year, with cadence releases in between. The citadels + capital overhauls will be the first big release of that. Unless I misunderstood.

BTW I finally got in a corp for my main just the other day. Part of provibloc, but I haven't had time to really do anything cause it's Thanksgiving week. Mostly just got clones there and all the various services (websites, mumble, etc.) setup. Need to buy a few ships at least to do stuff with, cause all I have out there right now is a travelceptor with no guns.

The Halloween event was super fun! Basically it gave you quite a bit of extra SP in the form of implants that provided +12 to stats. The sites were done super intelligently from a design perspective. They were quick and designed such that PVP ships could complete them. This allowed for a lot of interesting fights to come out of them.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/49760162/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/49760167/

The Frostline event sounds like it'll be in the same vein. I'm pretty excited.

thespot84

Well they recently had this sort of halloween event that seemed pretty cool (I wasn't subbed yet at the time). There's an upcoming event that's supposed to be similar for winter/holidays in the next patch.

Though I definitely can feel you on the gameplay seeming like work a lot of the time, or at least work to have pew pew fun. It's more of a sim in that regard. The forthcoming citadels/structures should freshen the game up when they arrive in the spring though. They've said that the quick cadence release schedule didn't completely work out IIRC cause they didn't have big features all at once to hype people to sub/resub. So they intend to have about 2 big 'expansions' a year, with cadence releases in between. The citadels + capital overhauls will be the first big release of that. Unless I misunderstood.

BTW I finally got in a corp for my main just the other day. Part of provibloc, but I haven't had time to really do anything cause it's Thanksgiving week. Mostly just got clones there and all the various services (websites, mumble, etc.) setup. Need to buy a few ships at least to do stuff with, cause all I have out there right now is a travelceptor with no guns.

It cracks me up that people joke about eve being a spreadsheet sim, and then a high level blog comes out that features lots and lots of spreadsheets. Every time I subbed it felt like work to me too. I love the idea of eve, I just have time for only one job.

It cracks me up that people joke about eve being a spreadsheet sim, and then a high level blog comes out that features lots and lots of spreadsheets. Every time I subbed it felt like work to me too. I love the idea of eve, I just have time for only one job.

That's cause it's mostly going over the industry side of it all, which is very much based in spreadsheets or applications that help you sort out costs/profit/etc. You could do stuff by hand, but you'd be at a severe handicap for anything outside the most basic crafting. But that's all part of the fun, albeit it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Anyway, looking at planetary interaction again for the first time in years now that I'm in null. Gotta figure out what to make and how to make it. But I probably won't start for a week or two since I need some skills up a bit more and I've got some others in the queue which take priority.

I'll likely have more news soon as I get into stuff.

Well today is the first day I can actually play in a week. Plan to set up my stuff finally. Buy ships, etc.

Also thinking about setting up a trading alt on my alt account and moving the primary alt from Jita to Amarr. Don't have much really useful to train right now on her and I determined it'll take about 37 days to train everything I'd need for a pure station trader. Being able to trade in both hubs I think would be good - Jita moves fast and is pretty cutthroat. Might be faster if I could get one of those new character attribute boosters, but they're north of 500mil right now. I have a Steam account code unused which should have one with it, but I don't think it's worth it to activate another account just for a booster.

Station trader alt training in progress. Figure it'll be more useful than just all the science skills I was going to learn otherwise, though I might retool that character into a plan that includes T2 industrials and perhaps eventually freighters. That's my alt account anyway, so I'm less invested.

Still haven't done stuff on my main cause my sleep schedule has been wonky, but I should be good to go on her today finally.

In other news, Battleclinic is shutting down this month. EVEMon will have to find a new host somewhere. Kind of a shame, but not totally unexpected.

ok guys i just resubbed. Its been years...

i live in Curse with a heron ready for wormholes (never actually done any)

Anyone have any tips?

Spent all morning doing exploration in null. Made a whopping 37mil (that's like less than 10mil/hr). Nearly every relic site I found was already taken by a blue :/ Maybe I should've dove into some of the wormholes I found.

I need a ratting ship yesterday. Still not sure what would be best since apparently Ishtars are kinda shit for Sansha rats. I'm not necessarily expecting to make as dank ISK as I could doing incursions, but I'd expect at least half that, which is about 5-6x what I just made at least.

zugzug

so yeah I saw i saw someone from april talk about winning ISK in Moose's channel. Well now for the last two months he has his own NullSec Corporation.

Moose runs his Monday for Corp ratting/mining. Wednesday and Saturdays are public NPSI roams on December 16th will start Caracal and Scimitar roams mostly thru Provi. Right now they are doing Harpy/Burst roams. His Wednesday and Saturday NPSI roams start in AGIL which is a highsec station to gather in fwiw. He has an ingame channel 'Liveshows' to x up in when they start at 4:30pm PST to get invited into roam.

Moose is approachable but so busy so you never feel like your playing with him more just listening to him in Teamspeak.

but then on top of that he has been playing FFXIV pretty hard lately.

cirrhosis

i might sign up just for all the drama happening atm with goons and the kickstarter

Thought the same initially, then I actually did it today.

Haven't seriously played in four years. My old corp has gone into hibernation and everyone I know who still plays are already in the corps they were in way back when. I still need to activate my second alt.

At this point I'm thinking about giving Pandemic Horde a try or try to get into Dreddit or Waffles.

Well prices on the cybernetic arms are crashing, lol. Guess I'll just save mine for myself.

Anyway, got my ratting ship order delivered in today - Ishtar. Quite cheap - they were able to build me one for less than Jita cost only 2 jumps away from my home station now in null. Did have to pick up a few modules (1 deadspace and a few meta) that they couldn't build, but that was fine. Now I actually will have to practice ratting though, I don't want to die because I was dumb.

Might see if I can order some of the doctrine PvP ships as well from this manufacturing corp in my alliance - I only have one ready to go right now.

Other than that, I've turned 200mil into 600mil+ station trading over the past few weeks on my alt. Need to work on that more, though it's hard to find items that really scale well with increased capital. Need to do some more research.

That's the scoop for now, I'll have more later. Might do some more Frostline sites if I can find em, or have some other adventures. Got about a 5 day train for some PI stuff, so I might get into that when it finishes.

Edit: Neocom App for iOS updated today or yesterday. Has a new wealth function. States I have 17bil in assets which I don't see how that can be correct. Will have to plug my main into Evernus to see what it thinks is driving that price. Unless I blacked out bought crap I don't remember.

oktarb

Just one month in the game and I am just loving it. I am mining, trying to reprocess some ore. Question: is PvP a very "late game" orientation?

There are a million ways to answer this but in a nutshell. No.

You can PvP with very little skill point investment but it will take skill to survive. You'll die a ton learning but PvP wisdom and game mechanics skill will out weigh actual skill points.

If you want to PvP join a corp that trains well. Start small and master frigates. Don't aim for battleships and the such. Fly low cost low skillpoint investment frigates and just get good at knowing range, how to escape, align, and use teamwork.

Top Bottom