• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

nomemorial

Neo Member
Decided to take the full plunge and buy the game -- loving every minute so far. Is there a GAF group/corp/whatever it's called on here? Always looking for friends -- please feel free to add me: Xri Nel-Tahn

Thanks!!

Decided to take the full plunge and buy the game -- loving every minute so far. Is there a GAF group/corp/whatever it's called on here? Always looking for friends -- please feel free to add me: Xri Nel-Tahn

Thanks!!

As much as I'd wish for there to be an active and thriving EVE-GAF corp I'd be kidding myself if I said that I'd be happy about leaving my wormhole corp. It's waayy too useful for making money and having regular fleets.

We just got our first citadel in the hole the other day as well! There were some tense moments in the 24 hour window it took to anchor the thing where we rolled into another active wormhole corp next door and were preparing to defend against a separate group that operated in known space and raided wormhole corps. We crit'd all the entrances leading to home, had a fleet specifically tuned to taking out the covert bombers that we knew our enemies were fielding to take out other citadels, bubbled all the wormhole routes leading directly to our citadel and were armed to the teeth ... they didn't show up to fight though.

Still, having a Citadel in the wormhole has been pretty great, no longer need to worry about the security risk of sticking all your ships in a public dock and the citadel's tethering system automatically heals hull/armor/shields as well as heat damaged and completely burned out modules. Ridiculously useful piece of equipment.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm laughing so much right now. I got suicide ganked while mining.
Not mad. Especially since i looted his wreck and got more money from the loot than my Venture and ore haul were worth.

Woorloog

Banned
Indeed.

My ship+equipment and ore haul: 1.2m
Got about 5 million in loot... from the attacker's wreck (plus quite a bit of my own stuff back).

I assume it is possible the attacker thought 0.5 space is low-sec rather than high-sec. Should've asked about that in a mail...

Yes, mail. I sent him mail, thanking him for the loot in his wreck.
And for my conscience, i donated 0.1 ISK to him.
And finally, i released the kill rights for everyone for free. (No bounty though, i think that is more of a badge of honor than anything else.)

EDIT This was a single attacker.

I really like cheap ships like frigates because losing them is not a big deal. And with some luck, it is easy to profit from stuff (say, exploration) far more than a frigate is worth, so funding multiple replacements is no problem.
Strictly speaking i prefer destroyers but they are slightly more specialized so they can't be used for so many things. Or can be but not as effectively.

Tetsuo9

I think the last active neogaf chat channel in game was Neogaf!. We could hang out there.

Also for the new players, the most important thing is playing with others. I mean you can just do your own think, but talking to other people or having interaction on chat or forums is important to avoid crushing boredom or getting stuck with a problem.

So after watching this keynote from Fanfest :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUlzTRQFUKc

I was motivated to dive into some solo PvP. I've found it surprisingly enjoyable! Granted I've lost every fight so far but a combination of how quickly I find the fights (I'm roaming FW zones at the moment, less than 8 jumps from any major trade hub) and that I can, using Dscan, find fights that would be on my level (any frigate basically) has made for some really entertaining times. I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of PvP while investing maybe 1-2m in every individual ship, its been great.

Edit :
In other news, I got Gal Frig V! Once I get Propulsion Jamming II and get a little more acquainted with how to handle my ships in a fight I think I'll probably step up to using a Maulus Navy Issue. The scram range buff seems pretty nasty.

moojito

Reading about the exploits of red vs blue is making me want to get back into eve. Looks like some good organised chaos. Anyone got any firsthand experience with them?

Lucumo

Created a trial account one week ago, mostly played during the weekend and am enjoying it so far. Even watched the coronation (well, the address) of the empress yesterday.

From what it looks like, the missions do repeat themselves rather fast (level 1 security missions at least).

debating giving everything away and closing account. it's been a great game and one of the best experiences i've had, but the time commitment required even for the most basic stuff is no longer justifiable.

I just don't play when I'm involved in WoW for the most part. Really only pickup EVE when I burn out on WoW, but I don't foresee that happening again anytime soon, particularly since WoW isn't a financial burden (I can pay with WoW tokens) whereas I'm not near that level of income in EVE.

I do enjoy EVE, but it's definitely more of a commitment for certain (more interesting?) play styles (e.g. wormholes) than even WoW can be. CTA Ops at odd hours, etc. It make it exciting, but more demanding of your time.

And being in school again now it's hard to justify one MMO, let alone 2. Even though they're vastly different and both worth playing.

Winter's here. Time to hibernate.

I re-subbed this past weekend, haven't played in 4-5 years. Everything seems so different, and I forget how to do even the simple things.

I'm looking to make enough ISK to Plex my account and fund my PVP adventures. Any direction from GAF? Any PVP corps taking on n00bs (I'm basically a beginner again)?

Any pointers in general for an old vet, who's looking to pass some time this winter?

Before I left ~5 years go, I was thinking of creating my own corp. Since I've come back, I've been thinking about it again. Then I read some of this thread, and starting thinking of creating a NeoGAF corp. I see that there already is/was one already.

I was wondering if it's not active, why not try and get something going with it?

I've been part of two corporation startups in the past, so I know what it entails, and, well, I think we could do some cool shit. If there's an interest from other people in this, let me know. In the meantime I'm going to try and figure out who is/was in charge of the old corp and see if we can get something rolling again.

Before I left ~5 years go, I was thinking of creating my own corp. Since I've come back, I've been thinking about it again. Then I read some of this thread, and starting thinking of creating a NeoGAF corp. I see that there already is/was one already.

I was wondering if it's not active, why not try and get something going with it?

I've been part of two corporation startups in the past, so I know what it entails, and, well, I think we could do some cool shit. If there's an interest from other people in this, let me know. In the meantime I'm going to try and figure out who is/was in charge of the old corp and see if we can get something rolling again.

What activities are you planning to be doing / what space are you looking to inhabit? I'm looking for some low sec small gang PvP / FW stuff myself.

What activities are you planning to be doing / what space are you looking to inhabit? I'm looking for some low sec small gang PvP / FW stuff myself.

Probably just low-sec 0.0 roams for the start, small-gang PVP. If we could get a full on corp up, I'd want to focus on PVP, but still let everyone join, do their thing, and help out other ways. Maybe we could get some people to make ships, or modules, miners get us ore, transport shit, suicide ganks, whatever. It'd be everything, but I'd def. want to focus on PVP.

Edit: Does anyone know who was running the GAF guild? With the game going FTP, I think this is a GREAT time to recruit GAFfers.

Atomski

Sadly theres like only a handful of people interested in Eve on gaf (which is weird right?) and most seem to be in a corp they want to be in.

I just booted the game back up with the f2p stuff.. not sure what to do i usually did stealth recon but cant really do that with what skills they give you. Gotta find a way to have fun.. maybe make some isk and buy some plex.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, right, this is F2P now... Wonder this tablet-hybrid would be able to run EVE... (should i magically conjure some more HDD space.)

If nothing else, i could log-in and have free skills on training until i'll play properly. Though i may have already trained more or less all Caldari skills that are free, to rank 3 or 4 at least.

Silvard

So there's no big GAF presence in the game? I used to play EVE a long time ago, back before I was even on GAF, and I'm trying the game again because some friends wanted to try it since it went free. I have my doubts that they'll keep playing, but the small taste I had rekindled my interest in the game and I was seeing how I could get back to it.

Back when I played I used to be mostly a trader/industrialist and was one of the suppliers for the TEST Reddit alliance in their first forays into nullsec, but I completely forgot about everything in the game. I still have a somewhat decent amount of assets, 9m SP character, a couple of million SP characters across two other accounts, and I was wondering what was the best way to get back in.

I created a new character to play for my friends and it seems the tutorial is actually more vague than I remember it being. Starting characters do get a crapton more SP than they used to though.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Logged in for the first time in about 4.5 years.

I can use a total of ~4 mil SP out of my 69 mil SP character without subbing, yay.. :p

I saw that they added a "Notifications" tray since I last played and was populated with Kill Notices from 13 years ago. Had a fun trip down memory lane scrolling through those and various war declarations of the last decade.

Not quite sure. Join the in-game channel "NeoGAF". I'm in there when I'm logged in, but it's not seeing too much action right now.

Pretty sure we had switched to "NeoGAF!" As the channel without any special things was moderated by someone who didn't play or was banned, whatever.

Still not playing myself right now though.

Does CCP support still move your assets to a NPC 0.0/lowsec station if they're stuck in player-owned station after returning from a hiatus?

I have over 30bn ISK of assets on one of my characters stuck in a station that now Against ALL Authorities controls.

I see no other way, blackfrog refuses to service AAA, no one in local/no one in AAA wants to buy my assets.

I made a ticket but it's been a few days and still no reply.

Atomski

So I'm wondering is possible to make enough isk with the current f2p system to buy Plex? I want to sub but am having a hard time justifying the cost right now.. but if I could farm Plex that may get me back into the game.

Looking at the skills available though.. oof looks tough.

XenIneX

So I'm wondering is possible to make enough isk with the current f2p system to buy Plex? I want to sub but am having a hard time justifying the cost right now.. but if I could farm Plex that may get me back into the game.

Looking at the skills available though.. oof looks tough.

Should be able to run a slow, but functional cloaky T1 explo frig in null.

Hacking 3 is plenty viable (though you'll fail lots of hacks). Astro 3 / Astro Supports 2 is probably going to make scanning slow as balls, though...pack your lows with scanning mods.

Chain wormholes to get in to null. Always be looking for wormholes to low/high for when you've got anything of value in your hold. Always be cloaked. And roll with the inevitable losses when you get popped; don't get salty about it.

wsippel

Banned
Should be able to run a slow, but functional cloaky T1 explo frig in null.

Hacking 3 is plenty viable (though you'll fail lots of hacks). Astro 3 / Astro Supports 2 is probably going to make scanning slow as balls, though...pack your lows with scanning mods.

Chain wormholes to get in to null. Always be looking for wormholes to low/high for when you've got anything of value in your hold. Always be cloaked. And roll with the inevitable losses when you get popped; don't get salty about it.
Alphas can't use cloaks, so exploration in anything but high-sec is pretty much out of the window. The most sensible way for alphas to make money is probably industry.

If it was still the ~500m days of PLEX I'd say you could easily do it. However at the ~1bn price point now, I'm not too sure.

In theory PLEX prices should come down depending on how new player Alpha retention and Alpha to Omega conversion is.

I think the best way for an alpha to actually fund a PLEX subscription is via trading or ratting.

If you are returning and have a bit of money already for investing in the market, then you should be able to do it.

The skills available for trade is:
Broker relations II
Marketing II
Trade III

As you can see it's not great for low margin trading since you can't reduce broker fees and sales tax due to locked out and limited skills so there's things on the market you will trade at a loss with due to their margins being so low only full trading skills can turn a profit of like many high volume ships.

So you are limited to mostly low volume to be really effective and high priced (higher margin) items on Jita... there's quite a lot of them actually and great if you have a lot of money to invest since you can make up the low volume issue by basically investing in all the low volume items to have a decent cash flow... again this needs a lot of ISK to begin with.

However you do not need to trade in Jita, you can do so in Amarr for example, it has across the board higher margins and still fairly good volumes being moved.

I've never run missions to make ISK (hell, in over a decade playing, I've barely run missions at all), the only way I make ISK is via trading, and back when I lived in wormholes (was in Aperture Harmonics) from sleeper farming and such.

Otherwise I think ratting in lowsec and nullsec are the best ISK per hour for an alpha clone in a cruiser (you could use a navy faction one if you want but a normal tech 1 should suffice). Specifically you could try ratting for those rats that drop Security Tags in low sec, you should be able to handle them with an Alpha cruiser. Back when Security Tags were introduced I seriously made 500m ISK in 2 hours of ratting and it was super easy for me in a Tech 2 frigate (used a Harpy). Sure the various tags have come down in price since then but they're still not too bad, the Clone Soldier Negotiator Tag and Clone Soldier Transporter Tag fetch 15-20m. Plus you get the usual bounties on top of it as well and the tags are guaranteed to drop if the rat spawns.

If I remember correctly the rarity of the special rats that drop these tags are based on system security level, and I will post a great lowsec pocket that in the past made me farm them really quickly.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Placid/Barleguet
(areas within red selection)
eDJweY9.png

As you can see it's also an easy access to Syndicate NPC 0.0. You can either sell them the tags at Jita or just sell them at the CONCORD stations in one of those low security systems since people who want to repair security status needs to visit one of those stations in particular to do so and can just buy it straight from there. Aulbres has two stations that many people tend to use.

No idea what Faction Warfare is like now for ISK.

Ookay... So I touched on it earlier, and I've been talking about it with some RL friends. We have decided to get our old corp/alliance up and running again, from the ground up.

So that means a little recruiting, and I'm going to shameless plug this post by inviting all our new (and old) players to consider looking into who we are, and what we're going to do.

We have some plans for the future, but more importantly, we're just trying to focus on the short term. We're going to 'take over' some low-sec (bordering highsec) space for the time being, while we get some numbers/assets up. We'll need lots of resources so it may take some time. We're going to be in FW (Amarr) for the first bit, but long term is to move to 0.0 (or eve W-space, I'm still undecided here where or what our final goal will be).

Immediate short term
, we're going to be training new players, running missions, (LVL 4 agents nearby) mining (we have ice belts), exploration in low-sec, all the basic stuff new players want. We're going to be putting up a Citadel and basing out of there. We may stay in Faction Warfare, I don't really know the current status of F-W, but I do remember it was okay for new players/and printing ISK, so it's going to be active for the time being. We will be jumping into W-space and running sites there in the meantime, and if it leads to 0.0, we can do some small roams/ganks/anoms while it's convenient.

I'm talking about the Aegis Militia (Alliance) and the Corp we're reviving is Adamant Edge. Join the chat channel 'NeoGAF!' or the 'Adamant Edge Public' for more info. I'll be in those channels when I'm on. You can also PM me on GAF.

Worth noting we're going to be mainly active EST TZ, between ideally 5-12pm. We're not going to lock people into or out of anything, so any a player from any TZ is welcome, even if you're prime is during our offtime, as there will still be shit to do.

And yes, Alpha-clone friendly.

Atomski

If it was still the ~500m days of PLEX I'd say you could easily do it. However at the ~1bn price point now, I'm not too sure.

In theory PLEX prices should come down depending on how new player Alpha retention and Alpha to Omega conversion is.

I think the best way for an alpha to actually fund a PLEX subscription is via trading or ratting.

If you are returning and have a bit of money already for investing in the market, then you should be able to do it.

The skills available for trade is:
Broker relations II
Marketing II
Trade III

As you can see it's not great for low margin trading since you can't reduce broker fees and sales tax due to locked out and limited skills so there's things on the market you will trade at a loss with due to their margins being so low only full trading skills can turn a profit of like many high volume ships.

So you are limited to mostly low volume to be really effective and high priced (higher margin) items on Jita... there's quite a lot of them actually and great if you have a lot of money to invest since you can make up the low volume issue by basically investing in all the low volume items to have a decent cash flow... again this needs a lot of ISK to begin with.

However you do not need to trade in Jita, you can do so in Amarr for example, it has across the board higher margins and still fairly good volumes being moved.

I've never run missions to make ISK (hell, in over a decade playing, I've barely run missions at all), the only way I make ISK is via trading, and back when I lived in wormholes (was in Aperture Harmonics) from sleeper farming and such.

Otherwise I think ratting in lowsec and nullsec are the best ISK per hour for an alpha clone in a cruiser (you could use a navy faction one if you want but a normal tech 1 should suffice). Specifically you could try ratting for those rats that drop Security Tags in low sec, you should be able to handle them with an Alpha cruiser. Back when Security Tags were introduced I seriously made 500m ISK in 2 hours of ratting and it was super easy for me in a Tech 2 frigate (used a Harpy). Sure the various tags have come down in price since then but they're still not too bad, the Clone Soldier Negotiator Tag and Clone Soldier Transporter Tag fetch 15-20m. Plus you get the usual bounties on top of it as well and the tags are guaranteed to drop if the rat spawns.

If I remember correctly the rarity of the special rats that drop these tags are based on system security level, and I will post a great lowsec pocket that in the past made me farm them really quickly.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Placid/Barleguet
(areas within red selection)
eDJweY9.png

As you can see it's also an easy access to Syndicate NPC 0.0. You can either sell them the tags at Jita or just sell them at the CONCORD stations in one of those low security systems since people who want to repair security status needs to visit one of those stations in particular to do so and can just buy it straight from there. Aulbres has two stations that many people tend to use.

No idea what Faction Warfare is like now for ISK.

Thanks for the info. What exactly do you do as trade? just moving stuff around or manufacturing? I always wanted to do manufacturing but yeah trade always kinda flew over my head.

Silvard

Thanks for the info. What exactly do you do as trade? just moving stuff around or manufacturing? I always wanted to do manufacturing but yeah trade always kinda flew over my head.

Trade is buying low and selling high. Sometimes that involves buying low at one place and selling high somewhere else. Sometimes you do both at the same place. Skills affect the cost of trading, the amount of orders you have available and the distance at which you can create or modify orders.

Silvard

Ookay... So I touched on it earlier, and I've been talking about it with some RL friends. We have decided to get our old corp/alliance up and running again, from the ground up.

So that means a little recruiting, and I'm going to shameless plug this post by inviting all our new (and old) players to consider looking into who we are, and what we're going to do.

We have some plans for the future, but more importantly, we're just trying to focus on the short term. We're going to 'take over' some low-sec (bordering highsec) space for the time being, while we get some numbers/assets up. We'll need lots of resources so it may take some time. We're going to be in FW (Amarr) for the first bit, but long term is to move to 0.0 (or eve W-space, I'm still undecided here where or what our final goal will be).

Immediate short term
, we're going to be training new players, running missions, (LVL 4 agents nearby) mining (we have ice belts), exploration in low-sec, all the basic stuff new players want. We're going to be putting up a Citadel and basing out of there. We may stay in Faction Warfare, I don't really know the current status of F-W, but I do remember it was okay for new players/and printing ISK, so it's going to be active for the time being. We will be jumping into W-space and running sites there in the meantime, and if it leads to 0.0, we can do some small roams/ganks/anoms while it's convenient.

I'm talking about the Aegis Militia (Alliance) and the Corp we're reviving is Adamant Edge. Join the chat channel 'NeoGAF!' or the 'Adamant Edge Public' for more info. I'll be in those channels when I'm on. You can also PM me on GAF.

Worth noting we're going to be mainly active EST TZ, between ideally 5-12pm. We're not going to lock people into or out of anything, so any a player from any TZ is welcome, even if you're prime is during our offtime, as there will still be shit to do.

And yes, Alpha-clone friendly.

How many are you? What are you guys doing these days?

thespot84

Booted up my old account as an alpha to see what was up. I was in a tayra with a cloak I couldn't use as an alpha.

Thought I'd just finish off the few skills I could train while in alpha so I bought the books 1 jump away in 0.4. Get instantly webbed and disrupted on the way in and killed. What a welcome back.

Feels like my corp's breaking up and it's sad. Been with these guys seemingly since the beginning (about 8 months) and they were the ones that showed me the ropes with everything from Wormhole shenanigans to PvP. The writing's been on the wall for a while though, directors haven't been actively recruiting members, VERY limited content in non-peak hours (basically from 11PM-1AM EST), and the activities themselves didn't really vary from night to night. We roamed null for a bit, blew up some miners, occasionally got good fights, and logged out. Rinse repeat.

Now I'm looking at all the logistics in moving my shit out and joining public channels to find corps that are actively recruiting. I don't necessarily want to leave wormholes (ISK opportunities after all) but I might need a change of pace when all is said and done. FW has always been a tempting lure ...

How's this venture been going for you guys so far? I've visited the public channels a couple times but haven't come across anyone with your corp tag.

Not seeing a ton of activity on the corp's killboard ...

Feels like my corp's breaking up and it's sad. Been with these guys seemingly since the beginning (about 8 months) and they were the ones that showed me the ropes with everything from Wormhole shenanigans to PvP. The writing's been on the wall for a while though, directors haven't been actively recruiting members, VERY limited content in non-peak hours (basically from 11PM-1AM EST), and the activities themselves didn't really vary from night to night. We roamed null for a bit, blew up some miners, occasionally got good fights, and logged out. Rinse repeat.

Now I'm looking at all the logistics in moving my shit out and joining public channels to find corps that are actively recruiting. I don't necessarily want to leave wormholes (ISK opportunities after all) but I might need a change of pace when all is said and done. FW has always been a tempting lure ...

How's this venture been going for you guys so far? I've visited the public channels a couple times but haven't come across anyone with your corp tag.

Not seeing a ton of activity on the corp's killboard ...

We're mostly all independent still, there's a handful of us and we're all just kinda getting our bearings still, most of us haven't played in the range of 3-7 years. The corp/alliance is just being squatted in by alts, until we all get on the same page, and finally get our shit together and start recruiting. I've been busy training a couple friends (new players). We're just taking our time, building up assets and planning some things-and most of us have RL commitments/kids/wives, etc... so you can understand why this phase is taking time. I want a really good core group, so we're putting our time in now.

I want to continue to encourage other GAFfers to stop by the GAF channel: "NeoGAF!"

So... anyone using the "jump hictors"?

It's so incredibly broken, it's a Rorqual that essentially acts as a heavy interdictor.

Firstly, it has 90% jump fatigue reduction, this means you can jump this ship around pretty much better than any other capital except jump freighters.

It has 7 medium slots, so people are fitting 7 warp disruptors on it.

People are also fitting a cyno on it.

Here's the juicy bit, since the Rorqual got the P.A.N.I.C module, you get 7 minutes invulnerability.

This means people are able to tackle say 7 capitals on field, light a cyno, hit P.A.N.I.C and you're INVULNERABLE for 7 minutes while your friends can jump to you and the other 7 caps being held down can't do jack shit for 7 minutes either.

This also means since supers/titans changed a while back to have a warp core strength (i.e don't necessarily need a heavy interdictor any more with infinite point), a titan with max skills has 50 warp core strength, so you just need a few rorquals with some faction disruptors (there's two that have 4 and 5 warp scram strength each), point the titan, light cyno, hit P.A.N.I.C, hence the name "jump hictor". You just need two rorquals fit like that if both have 7 Shadow/Domination faction Heavy Warp Disruptors each, however since those disruptors are so rare you have to settle for Heavy Warp Disruptor IIs (3 strength).

It is SO broken, but so much fun to see in action. My capital pilot who can fly all caps except industry ones, is currently training for it, will take a month because I need those mining skills for it.

I won't be even mad when CCP eventually nerfs it, there's not much I want to train on that character any way. Knowing CCP it'll take them a long time to nerf it.

kennah

Jumped back in to the game now that it's F2P. Woooooo. I'll be done maxing out what you can do with an Alpha clone in a month.

thespot84

Jumped back in to the game now that it's F2P. Woooooo. I'll be done maxing out what you can do with an Alpha clone in a month.

I did that, bought the skill books necessary and did one jump to 0.4 to collect them and got webbed and killed instantly. I shouldn't have expected less.

So I've gotten curious as to what's going on in EVE lately after seeing a post that they're dropping Japanese localization support.

Needless to say, I'm kinda tempted to hop back in cause SPACESHIPS!

I just don't know if I could effectively split my time between EVE and WoW.

Probably wait to see what the roadmap is at Fanfest this year though before returning. Seems that's April 6 according to the updates website, so just a little over a month. Nothing compelling me to come back immediately anyway.

Other than that it looks like I'm still in my previous corp with access to at least incoming EVEmail. The awkward thing is that they spun off into their own alliance shortly after I stopped playing, and my character is parked in the former HQ station in Providence. I never brought too many assets there, but I'm not sure exactly how much I have positioned across Provi.

Have my trading/science/industry alt (2nd account) parked in Jita as well that I'd want to spin back up again too.

Maybe potentially interested in creating a mining alt (probably use multi-char training for this) with those mining platform structures or whatever coming in the Fall.

Not sure if I'd want to leave my current corp, maybe only to do WHs, but that play style requires a high degree of daily maintenance, so I'm not sure if I could manage that.

But yeah, anyone from GAF around and still playing?

One thing I suppose I could do is activate a new account or just make an alpha clone character (I think I can?) on one of my existing accounts just to tool around before making up my mind.

But yeah, anyone from GAF around and still playing?

One thing I suppose I could do is activate a new account or just make an alpha clone character (I think I can?) on one of my existing accounts just to tool around before making up my mind.

Im waiting for FanFest to see where they're taking the game in the next year or so. Also looking forward to hearing an update from Project Nova. Will probably jump back into EVE during the summer lul or whenever they're doing the next subscription promotion. Kicking myself for not taking advantage of the multiple character deal. Ah well. Any unsubscribed character you have is automatically made into an alpha clone so if you have a few characters already you can just jump in with them whenever you want.

So I downloaded the game/launcher and logged in with my alt account (so I wouldn't get pestered, compared to if I logged in on my main).

The one thing that stood out to me was how bad the new character sheet is. There's some good things about it I guess, but just trying to figure out what skills I have is miles worse now. It's great that there's filters, but idiotic that I can't see all the skills in a specific category laid out clearly on one page - you have to scroll a very tiny section of the window (with no option to resize it as far as I can tell) for larger skill categories.

Again, I'll tool around a bit I guess before I decide I wanna drop money on the game, but yeah.

And it does look like I missed out on a multi-character training deal from about a month ago, as you briefly mentioned :/ Might be best to wait for some FanFest deal anyway.

Top Bottom