• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Arksy

Can you still upgrade to trailblaizer?

I remember reading something like it'll only be available for the duration of the Alpha...

I have four keys, entertain me.

monkeydrummert.gif

(Please?)

Trouble

Banned
Woot! Got in did a dash run for the mats to make a claim flag and grabbed a good claim.

People, remember that there are warp stones now, so being close to the portal isn't that big a deal any more.

So I get in, and I have no claim flag in my inventory. wtf

You have to craft it.
7 Elemental Iron
10 Aquamarine
10 Heartwood

If you have the founder's pickaxe, go to a tier 2 island and you can gather it all in about 10 minutes max.

Edit: Some fucker took 'Trouble' before I could create my character. In-game name is Persey. Friend me LandmarkGAF.

I played Alpha for like a couple hours at launch when it was super broken... I guess I should start playing now.

Edit: Still crashing like crazy for me as I try to make fullscreen windowed to work.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I played Alpha for like a couple hours at launch when it was super broken... I guess I should start playing now.

Edit: Still crashing like crazy for me as I try to make fullscreen windowed to work.

Are you using Nvidia? If you're crashes are display driver crashes, the Nvidia 332.21 drivers work great, the newer drivers can cause all kinds of crashing in Landmark.

Trouble

Banned
Are you using Nvidia? If you're crashes are display driver crashes, the Nvidia 332.21 drivers work great, the newer drivers can cause all kinds of crashing in Landmark.

I'm on a 560Ti with the latest drivers. I get an occasional card reset (screen goes black, comes back after about a second), and really rarely I get a CTD.

In my case I'll live with it rather than downgrade drivers, but if it's constant it's probably worth it.

Edit: I also play full screen windowed.

xeris

Couldn't get xeris, but somehow did manage to snag Ezekiah. Is there a GAF-prefered server I should build on or no?

demolitio

Damn, didn't expect this to hit beta already and don't have the money for it yet. Hopefully I can get in. The 20 dollar pack doesn't go away anytime soon, does it?

Hell, the thought of this game got me back into Minecraft again these past few months. Building shit is therapeutic even if people in my family think I'm stupid for playing Minecraft with my 5 year old cousin since they think it's just Legos. :D

I'm assuming I could run this fine if I can run PlanetSide 2 well enough? Does this have proper multi-core support for CPU's?

Iadien

Fking NVIDIA!!

I dunno what drivers I'm on, but I'm like Trouble. 560Ti.

Where do I find my driver number?

If you have geforce experience installed, check the drivers tab, at the bottom it will tell you which drivers you have installed. It's also in the Nvidia control panel, Help > System information.

332.21 driver link: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71704/en-us

So now it's landmarkthegame.com eh?

I dunno, seems weird :p

Nah, it's good. It was way too confusing for the average person. They also want Landmark to be more than just fantasy building, and having EQN attached to the name isn't helping that any.

Nah, it's good. It was way too confusing for the average person. They also want Landmark to be more than just fantasy building, and having EQN attached to the name isn't helping that any.

Fair enough, in fact I probably shouldn't care anyway since atm it seems more likely that I'll fool with this than EQN.

Dunlop

Just got an e-mail about this (to sign up for founders back), currently it is just about building (like minecraft) and no MMO elements yet?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So everyone who purchased the 100$ pack received 4-5 closed beta keys?

edit: was gonna ask for one but just bought the 20$ pack instead

Is there really no control options in the menu? I can't even figure out out to zoom out. I know it's a beta and all but come on. Also, the movement seems very "floaty". I hope that's fixed. Very hard to go from Guild Wars 2 to this.

acksman

Is there really no control options in the menu? I can't even figure out out to zoom out. I know it's a beta and all but come on. Also, the movement seems very "floaty". I hope that's fixed. Very hard to go from Guild Wars 2 to this.

This is about it for now.

http://landmark.wikia.com/wiki/Controls

Autorun Numlock
Zoom Camera Shift + Scroll Wheel
Sprint Shift
Map M
Inventory I
Toggle Full Screen Alt + Enter
Character Window H
Claim Management U
Take Screenshot Ctrl + F12
Hide Interface Alt + F10

2San

Got a 7 beta key from SOE by, tried it a bit. It's way too rough to play and to give feedback on the gameplay systems. I'd say sort out the interface, performance and graphical issue's first.

Billen

Banned
Just started the closed beta. No, I must say, that was an amazingly well put together welcoming video. I really, really felt connected, however far fetched that might sound, and quite anxious to go experience the community.

Well done, Landmark team.

Iadien

supergiz

Thanks guys. Will check those out. I'm loving it so far. I wonder if they are going to make the zones larger eventually?

Edit: Also, anyone know if holes you dig respawn?

Iadien

Thanks guys. Will check those out. I'm loving it so far. I wonder if they are going to make the zones larger eventually?

Edit: Also, anyone know if holes you dig respawn?

world regens, unless it's on a claim.

What you see right now, is not how it will be down the road. Eventually, the tiers will be down in the earth. Caves are the first step toward that, which are rumored to be coming in two to three weeks.

terrisus

Got a 7 beta key from SOE by, tried it a bit. It's way too rough to play and to give feedback on the gameplay systems. I'd say sort out the interface, performance and graphical issue's first.

Yeah, that's something they really should have worked out during beta.

Oh, wait...

It's a beta

Nester

Doing some streaming of Landmark, but just pretty chill, looking around, resource gathering, maybe building later.

http://www.twitch.tv/n_squared

edit: done, but really enjoying myself so far in this. Grouping up with people is nice for the harvesting bonus. Get 4 people going in one area and everyone is rolling in the materials.

Trouble

Banned
So, I realized something amazing.

mspaint.exe is the ultimate design assistant when you want to make an extrudable shape. Just turn on gridlines, and draw a circle, oval or whatever to your desired size and you now have a guide.

I used that method to create the a 174x174 (as large as can fit in a single claim) tower ring that is uniformly 3 voxels thick.

Top Bottom