• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody is trowing the word racist around without thinking about what that means.

i-Lo

NO I said.... And I do not know how often I have said this.,..

That you need to understand where the alt-right or better racist people come from. Why they have these ideas what they really feel because it is much more complext as I hate black people just because.

And when you actually understand/know these you can do something to solve these problems. Not understanding why people have racist thoughts and just isolating them is not helping to change their minds it is not helping to end racism. And that is why people need to talk like in the video.

I... just can't. This is hilarious!

Dunki

Better racist person? Is that how you describe yourself? You're not one of those alt-righters, you're a "better racist person"?

Well please, better racist person, tell me what I can do to make you a better less racist person.

Oh god.....
Maybe that was my German grammar...

Alt right or in a more fitting word racist people....

But since you have either no idea or ignore my opinion even mocking me I think it is better to end this for today...

I... just can't. This is hilarious!

No because to solve a problem you need to understand the cause of it. This is basic elemtary school level of thinking. But since it does not fit your personal views its prob better for you to reject the idea and just hit hit with the hammer until it breaks.

Euphor!a

Banned
Oh god.....

But since you have either no idea or ignore my opinion even mocking me I think it is better to end this for today...

No because to solve a problem you need to understand the cause of it. This is basic elemtary school level of thinking. But since it does not fit your personal views its prob better for you to reject the idea and just hit hit with the hammer until it breaks.

As a German, do you think the world should have done a better job to understand the Nazis? And that they were just being mean by being all violent with them?

Dunki

As a German, do you think the world should have done a better job to understand the Nazis? And that they were just being mean by being all violent with them?

Do you even know how many years we had WW2 and the cause of it in school? Do you really believe we did not analyze the reason why this has happend? So yes we analyzed the life of these people. We analyzed how Hitler became what he was in the end. Yes we analyzed why people in this age voted for Hitler.

It is the best you can do to understand history and to know how to prevent it in the future. We had WW2 for the most parts thorugh grade 5-12

i-Lo

Oh god.....

With all due to respect, this is the last time I'll be addressing you. I already gave you the answer to your question in another thread yesterday: Why racism exists or let's better understand why people subscribe to those ideas- Tribalism. Furthermore, I had also given my opinion as to how to combat it- Education.

Bigotry and racism exists across all races. I can attest to that because my parents happen to hold or held certain bigoted views. Their worldview is based on narrow exposure into another race/culture and more often than not drawing conclusion from negative portrayals or one poor experience and then painting in the broadest strokes possible. These are often results of living in insular homogenous societies where one may end up holding his/her own culture "superior".

Over the years, after my family emigrated and was exposed to varied religion, races and cultures, they learned to at first fake being tolerant, then actually becoming tolerant and then ended in me educating them further and at times giving them ultimatums to erase the vestiges of bigoted beliefs. It's harder for the older generation to let go of the bigoted views because they were moulded by these beliefs from an early age and held them as truth for a period far too long.

In all honesty, if one is growing up in a multi-ethnic society and isn't continually pummeled to believe that they're better than the rest by virtue of the race or that personal failure can be attributed to another group of people then racism would keep on dwindling.

So yea, I understood them and yet I found no reason to excuse racism or mollycoddle those who do.

Euphor!a

Banned
Do you even know how many years we had WW2 and the cause of it in school? Do you really believe we did not analyze the reason why this has happend? So yes we analyzed the life of these people. We analyzed how Hitler became what he was in the end. Yes we analyzed why people in this age voted for Hitler.

It is the best you can do to understand history and to know how to prevent it in the future. We had WW2 for the most parts thorugh grade 5-12

This is not an answer to what I asked.

Dunki

This is not an answer to what I asked.

Yes it is. Because I can not talk to these people anymore. And yes in the begining it would have helped. But with the rise of Hitler it was already too late. People voted for Hitler back than because they felt not being heard. They had no alternatives they knew no way out and they needed a scapegoat for their problems- It all started with Weimar and the complete incompettence of democratic parties at that time.

America is not in this state yet Thats why I said we need to solve this fast or a real race war will happen because hate pn both sides is raising

KonradLaw

Racism has never and will never be about individual interactions. It has always been about systemic forces that reduce life outcomes for people or color.

I never liked that definition, because it means that a KKK member who goes on a holiday to Zimbabue to hunt for black people, Human Target style, isn't doing anything racist, since Zimbabue is a country that has systemic racism against white people.

What were those alt-right ideas you liked so much again?

"Please do not use the word cisgendered since I think it is a term used for very derogatory language especially on the Internet."

That'd be a kind of alt-righty thing to say.

Though, to be fair to Dunki, I keep mixing him up with daniell, who said this:

"Just because you cut off your dick doesnt change that basically every cell in your body is xy."

So I'll cop to that mistaken identity, daniell is a much, much worse person.

VAL0R

Banned
It's irrational to expect every human racial group to achieve at exactly the same level in every area of life and human endeavor. Of course ethnicities will commit crime at different rates, and have collectively differing IQs, for example. Maybe the differences will be modest, but it would be truly miraculous if there were no statistical differences at all.

I'm not an Ashkenazi Jew, but I recognize that as an ethnic group, there have been studies suggesting that they, on average, have a higher intelligence than my ethnic group. Whether this is primarily due to their nature or their nurture, I do not know, but I accept that it is very likely true. Some racial disparities are obvious, others are not.

All of this doesn't matter to me much because at the end of the day, as a Catholic Christian, I believe that all men are made in the image of God and the metrics that God will judge humankind on is right and wrong, good and evil. Your race, your intelligence, your beauty and your physical strengths are all accidents of your birth and not virtues or vices. Not everyone can be Tom Brady or Aristotle. But anyone can be a saint. Loving your neighbor as yourself is a matter of the will. How morally good are you? The greatest man is the man who is most moral/virtuous/godly.

It's irrational to expect every human racial group to achieve at exactly the same level in every area of life and human endeavor. Of course ethnicities will commit crime at different rates, and have collectively differing IQs, for example. Maybe the differences will be modest, but it would be truly miraculous if there were no statistical differences at all.

I'm not an Ashkenazi Jew, but I recognize that as an ethnic group, there have been studies suggesting that they, on average, have a higher intelligence than my ethnic group. Whether this is primarily due to their nature or their nurture, I do not know, but I accept that it is very likely true. Some racial disparities are obvious, others are not.

All of this doesn't matter to me much because at the end of the day, as a Catholic Christian, I believe that all men are made in the image of God and the metrics that God will judge humankind on is right and wrong, good and evil. Your race, your intelligence, your beauty and your physical strengths are all accidents of your birth and not virtues or vices. Not everyone can be Tom Brady or Aristotle. But anyone can be a saint. Loving your neighbor as yourself is a matter of the will. How morally good are you? The greatest man is the man who is most moral/virtuous/godly.

Of course they won't have exactly the same level of IQ (which by the way is just a measurement we created, and is said by some to be an outdated measurement of intelligence), but that is not due to their ethnicity, but a variety of other factors. It's kind of like how people always bring up how Chinese people are better off than black people in the U.S., ignoring that due to legislation barring entrance to Chinese people, we did not have very many, and when the legislation went away, inevitably the most well-off of them immigrated.

Euphor!a

Banned

lol

How do you reconcile being a "Catholic Christian" and voting for someone who is morally reprehensible?

MazeHaze

Banned
Im my opinion, you don't have to think your race is superior, or other races inferior to be a racist. Hell, most KKK members don't even consider themselves racist.

If you are white and you see a black dude coming your way and you cross the street to avoid him, you're being racist.

If you assume the Asian kid in your class is smarter than you, you're being racist.

If you think all black people are better athletes than everyone else, you're being racist.

Notice I don't say you ARE racist. I say you're BEING racist.

Plenty of us in the US have racist tendencies, myself included. It's the ability to recognize and try to adjust your behavior that separates you.

Durask

If you are white and you see a black dude coming your way and you cross the street to avoid him, you're being racist.

Question for you, you are in Russia and you see these dudes.

1472498471-85b6f89b41cae26786ac72365fff771b.jpg

Do you walk by or do you choose another way?

Durask

...Are you saying all black dudes are violent gang members? Otherwise I'm not sure how your dumb comparison applies.

You are being disingenious and you know it.

If you are to ascribe to me that statement then you also have to ascribe to me the belief that all Russians are violent gang members which would be illogical.

Euphor!a

Banned
You are being disingenious and you know it.

If you are to ascribe to me that statement then you also have to ascribe to me the belief that all Russians are violent gang members which would be illogical.

No. You're making an idiotic, racist comparison. Which is par for the course when it comes to you dumbasses.

Durask

No. You're making an idiotic, racist comparison. Which is par for the course when it comes to you dumbasses.

I am not comparing anything

Original poster said

What this phrase means that it is racist to assume potential threat under any and all circumstances, which I thought was a very bizarre statement. If you are walking down the street and you see a "dude" of any race coming towards you, the logical thing is to assess any "dude" for a potential threat.

Euphor!a

Banned
I am not comparing anything

Original poster said

What this phrase means that it is racist to assume potential threat under any and all circumstances, which I thought was a very bizarre statement. If you are walking down the street and you see a "dude" of any race coming towards you, the logical thing is to assess any "dude" for a potential threat.

No, it doesn't. You interpreting that way is idiotic. Literally the only way that logic makes sense is if you assume all black people are dangerous.

Durask

No, it doesn't. You interpreting that way is idiotic. Literally the only way that logic makes sense is if you assume all black people are dangerous.

You saying it does not make it so. Since you are accusing me, it is up to you to show the logical chain from A to B.

By the way, the Russians in the picture, how do you know they are violent gang members? Looks like you had no problems stereotyping them as violent gang members on the spot. They are squatting Slavs, so they are obviously violent gang members,right?

Euphor!a

Banned
You saying it does not make it so. Since you are accusing me, it is up to you to show the logical chain from A to B.

I don't give a shit about convincing anyone. Anyone with a brain can see it is an idiotic, racist comparison and those like you are too dumb to be convinced anyway.

Durask

I don't give a shit about convincing anyone. Anyone with a brain can see it is an idiotic, racist comparison and those like you are too dumb to be convinced anyway.

You still have not answered my question as to why it is obvious that this is a picture of violent gang members.

Durask

You said

...Are you saying all black dudes are violent gang members?

The only way you could have made that statement was to assume that the picture that I posted was of violent gang members.

I doubt you would have made that post if I posted a picture of these russians

russian-people.jpg

Euphor!a

Banned
You said

The only way you could have made that statement was to assume that the picture that I posted was of violent gang members.

No, I assumed you were an idiot making a disingenuous argument. And shocker, I was right.

Edit: "I bet if I didn't make an idiotic argument to begin with you wouldn't have said what you said. Got ya!"

Good luck following that line of logic.

krazen

Question for you, you are in Russia and you see these dudes.

1472498471-85b6f89b41cae26786ac72365fff771b.jpg

Do you walk by or do you choose another way?

Id tip them 5 American dollars in their cup while I watch them breakdance.

Russian thugs must suck if they gotta draft 14 year old aspiring breakers.

p-BBoy-Battle-Beatstreet-3.jpg

Relativ9

This thread has vered so heavily off course that it's pointless to continue at this point (for me). We had some decent debate in the first few pages before it all degenerated into name calling and personal attacks and now it appears to have shifted into something entirely different. I'd try to recapture the original debate, but honestly I feel like I've said all I needed to say and people can either except the premise of my original question or ascribe me opinions and motivations that aren't my own (as most of those who argued against me did, bar a few exceptions).

I'm going to stop monitoring this, if there's anyone who wants me to address anything in particular please pm me and I'll gladly jump in.

Euphor!a

Banned
This thread has vered so heavily off course that it's pointless to continue at this point (for me). We had some decent debate in the first few pages before it all degenerated into name calling and personal attacks and now it appears to have shifted into something entirely different. I'd try to recapture the original debate, but honestly I feel like I've said all I needed to say and people can either except the premise of my original question or ascribe me opinions and motivations that aren't my own (as most of those who argued against me did, bar a few exceptions).

I'm going to stop monitoring this, if there's anyone who wants me to address anything in particular please pm me and I'll gladly jump in.

Ah yes, the original debate of "I'm only prejudiced and discriminatory, not racist"

What a great one that was lol. Fuck off into the sun please, thanks.

daniell

I know you, your, you're is tough... But if you are going to insult people I would get a handle on it. Two posts in a row and you look like an idiot in both of them. Sorry.

Damn you are not just a open racist you are even to stupid to see it on your own, sad.

RefigeKru

Banned

Never answered my question, post 33. Isn't that the premise of your post?

Dude, you're like one of the most bigoted people on this forum right now.
Bigoted
obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.

A lot of you could stand to learn the meanings of some of these words you continually throw around because this thread is full of bigoted people, not only the "racist" ones but the ones who claim not to be.

Euphor!a

Banned
Bigoted
obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.

A lot of you could stand to learn the meanings of some of these words you continually throw around because this thread is full of bigoted people, not only the "racist" ones but the ones who claim not to be.

What a great defense "Oh, I'm not racist, they're the REAL racist..."

More good stuff from the right.

cromofo

The word has no weight to it anymore. Just like many others.

Partly because bigots might've become more empowered recently and partly because it's been misused and diluted to an extent that it's just another buzzword.

Who to thank for that, figure it out.

More good stuff from the right.
What the fuck are you talking about? If that's what you took from that comment your a moron and it's comments like this which is why people dismiss your opinion and write you off as a nut job.

Here's some information about me you can use to see how far right i am, I've never voted right in my life, i think Donald trump is a moron and the republican party is a racist party pandering to racists and rich white people. I'm Australian and i have always voted left, in fact i voted greens (considered far left political group in Aus) last election and I personally would've voted Bernie or Hillary if i was American, i also believe in a soft form of socialism (health, school, universal basic income ect.) and am involved in my local Labor (left) political group. On top of that i'm half aboriginal, my grandmother was part of the stolen generation and i have personally seen/experienced racism, i was also involved in indigenous community programs while i was in the army to try and help disadvantaged/troubled youth because i want to help. I've done more for my community and for my people in one week then you have ever accomplished in your life, but yes i'm from the right because some idiot tribal kid on the internet who has aligned themselves to a belief system says so. What have you done? Besides post your idiotic opinions on the internet? I take offense to being falsely aligned with the right, that's how wrong you are buddy and if you were saying this shit in front of me you would need riot police to protect you. Eat a dick.

One day one of you cunts are going to say this shit to the wrong person and it's going to blow up in your face.

VAL0R

Banned
lol

How do you reconcile being a "Catholic Christian" and voting for someone who is morally reprehensible?

My voting philosophy is to vote for the candidate who has a reasonable hope of success and will likely do less evil and more good than their opponent, in the eyes of God and the Church. I judged this to be Trump over Clinton for many reasons, which I'm not going to get into in this thread. I am very happy with my choice so far and am more sure than ever of my vote now.

This is always my favorite thing. Insulting someone's intelligence while at the same time not being able to grasp basic words.
People tend to focus on spelling when they can't address the real argument, you sir are a moron. Sorry i misspelt a word, it might have something to do with the anger and frustration your comment elicited from me because it was so wrong and funnily enough bigoted. Just because you can spell doesn't make you intelligent, you're the prime example.

Euphor!a

Banned
People tend to focus on spelling when they can't address the real argument, you sir are a moron. Sorry i misspelt a word, it might have something to do with the anger and frustration your comment elicited from me because it was so wrong and funnily enough, bigoted. Just because you can spell doesn't make you intelligent, you're the prime example.

Real argument? You don't have a real argument. Sorry, you're not on the right... but you certainly like to use the right's talking point.

Euphor!a

Banned
My voting philosophy is to vote for the candidate who has a reasonable hope of success and will likely do less evil and more good than their opponent, in the eyes of God and the Church. I judged this to be Trump over Clinton for many reasons, which I'm not going to get into in this thread. I am very happy with my choice so far and am more sure than ever of my vote now.

Was it the grab them by the pussy comment that solidified it for you? I know how you catholic types are very fond of sexual abuse.

pramod

Banned
What I find a bit ironic, is that the Japanese (and other East Asians), who accepted a whole whopping THREE refugees in their country last year, is never accused of being racist.

While it's mostly white people who have accepted millions of immigrants and refugees into their societies, and in many cases offered free healthcare, education, and other services to these people, and have had to put up with the many complexities and conflicts of integrating so many different cultures into the same country, are the ones constantly attacked for racist attitudes.

So I think the term "racism" definitely needs to be re-examined. Are we talking about different levels of racism here? Or only "western" racism. Because it seems like racism in other parts of the world are never addressed.

Real argument? You don't have a real argument.
See that's your level of intellect, you certainly can spell but you can't rationalise. The "real argument" was the disagreement i had with you over you accusing me of being from the right, you went off on a tangent about my spelling because you had nothing to say except for this weak apology which still implies i'm using talking points from the right.

Sorry, you're not on the right... but you certainly like to use the right's talking point.
Thanks for the admittance that you were wrong while underhandedly implying that i'm using their talking points, just for clarification you think this is a talking point from the right?

A lot of you could stand to learn the meanings of some of these words you continually throw around because this thread is full of bigoted people, not only the "racist" ones but the ones who claim not to be
Maybe you have those hate tinted glasses on which turn you into an attack dog ready to willingly jump at anything you see and think is coming from a member of the right. Because this thread/website is full of bigoted people, and that's not a both sides thing even if you want to make it out to be because i have never said both sides are as bad as each other. That's because they're not, one fights for money the other for human rights and i would've said as much if you had of asked instead of just accusing. I was directly talking about the moronic people yelling at each other in this idiotic thread which is observable to anyone who reads this shit.

Also in future don't double post, just multi-quote the people. Someone as intelligent as you should be able to handle that, right?

Euphor!a

Banned
See that's your level of intellect, you certainly can spell but you can't rationalise. The "real argument" was the disagreement i had with you over you accusing me of being from the right, you went off on a tangent about my spelling because you had nothing to say except for this weak apology which still implies i'm using talking points from the right.

Thanks for the admittance that you were wrong while underhandedly implying that i'm using their talking points, just for clarification you think this is a talking point from the right?

Maybe you have those hate tinted glasses on which turn you into an attack dog ready to willingly jump at anything you see and think is coming from a member of the right. Because this thread/website is full of bigoted people, and that's not a both sides thing even if you want to make it out to be because i have never said both sides are as bad as each other. That's because they're not, one fights for money the other for human rights and i would've said as much if you had of asked instead of just accusing. I was directly talking about the moronic people yelling at each other in this idiotic thread which is observable to anyone who reads this shit.

Also in future don't double post, just multi-quote the people. Someone as intelligent as you should be able to handle that, right?

I'm not implying anything. I am outright saying it.

I'm not implying anything. I am outright saying it.
Yeah you're right about that, i meant to write that you were still implying i'm from the right by saying i'm using using their talking points. Sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes that ones on me but you're still a moron. You keep doing you though, i bet you do a lot for your community by arguing with people on the internet accusing them of being whatever you think they are whilst not knowing anything about them other then reading one sentence they've posted in a thread which offended you for some reason. But that's okay you can keep derailing the argument as long as you have no comeback or anything of substance to say at all in this conversation other then your baseless accusations and grammar correction. So smart though.

Once again -

Euphor!a

Banned
Yeah no you're right about that, i mean to write that you were still implying i'm from the right by using using their talking points. that ones on me but you are still a moron. You keep doing you though, i bet you do a lot for your community by arguing with people on the internet accusing them of being whatever you think they are whilst not knowing anything about them other then reading one sentence they've posted in a thread which offended you for some reason.

I wasn't implying anything. It is one of the right's talking points though. There is nothing more to my comment than that, if you want to read into it something that isn't there, more power to you.

I wasn't implying anything. It is one of the right's talking points though. There is nothing more to my comment than that, if you want to read into it something that isn't there, more power to you.

You said this......

In response to me saying this......

obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices
A lot of you could stand to learn the meanings of some of these words you continually throw around because this thread is full of bigoted people, not only the "racist" ones but the ones who claim not to be
Pretty sure i was calling out everyone in here and never said anything along the lines of one side is the real bigoted side, i directly said everyone was acting bigoted. The evidence for that conclusion is found in this thread and ironically in you posts, how is that a talking point from the right? Or perhaps you jumped the gun because your accusation doesn't even fit with what i said.

Euphor!a

Banned
One of the rights talking points is that "both sides are as bad as each other" right? Is that what your referring to as the both sides argument? Is that what i said? Or did i say that this thread is full of bigoted people not only the racists but those claiming not to be? Do you realize you are proving my point right now?

That is not the talking point I was referring to, no. If you need a refresher it is in my first response to you.

Top Bottom