• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

I just really want it to be good. I think I have turned around on the character customization stuff (partly because it is so detailed) and I didn't use the advanced shot types so that isn't an issue if they don't show up.

Bebpo

Banned
I can't believe how long it's been since the last entry. I'm glad this series isn't dead! I have a lot of nostalgia with it from those PS2 days, PSP days and early PS3 days playing online with some of you.

Will do my best to join in whatever online tournaments GAF does.

kdoll08

Nice OT!

Having fun with the game so far. Only complaint is that there isn't a proper beard. Hopefully there will be one in the shop at some point.

Any tips on how to get better at the game?

Here is a really detailed guide on playing the game from Senidol. He is an awesome player and is super helpful in the community. The guide is actually based on the last game for the Vita/PS3 but most of the actual game play stuff carries over. I'll add this to the OP also.

http://hotshotsgolf.com/showthread.php?8886-Senidol-s-Guide-to-Lower-Scores-(Vita)&highlight=guide

kdoll08

Can you play this game, level up, make progress etc. offline at all?

You can build up your character in the offline single player mode.

I can't believe how long it's been since the last entry. I'm glad this series isn't dead! I have a lot of nostalgia with it from those PS2 days, PSP days and early PS3 days playing online with some of you.

Will do my best to join in whatever online tournaments GAF does.

Yeah usually these games come out within 6 months of a new Sony hardware launch so this is really late in the generation. Hopefully they are more prepared next gen.

Slaylock

Glad to see some interest in the game. Looking forward to some GAF tournaments. I'll be buying it on PSN so I can play a quick round without popping in a disc.

One of my most anticipated PS4 titles. Got it preordered!

Is it weird I'm almost more excited for the resort bullshit over the golf? I love games that let you fuck around and earn currency for upgrades. It's my gameplay crack loop.

neilyadig

What do you guys think of this?

DIR8XrqXkAISSJt.jpg:small

Source: https://twitter.com/MilkmanHero/status/901982577229221889

Can you use clubs bought/upgraded with real money in online tourneys?

Daffy Duck

This is my first everybody's good game and I have to say I am hooked.

I couldn't stop playing last night and can't wait to jump in again today.

I really suck though at putting lol. I do well then fall apart at the last few holes.

I really like the mirror courses though.

bombshell

Is there still no footage or info about these two hidden trophies?

VS Master
Defeat all VS characters

Secret Master
Defeat all secret VS characters

Is there still no footage or info about these two hidden trophies?

VS Master
Defeat all VS characters

Secret Master
Defeat all secret VS characters

The offline tournaments earn XP towards the next VS match.
When you beat them you get their gear, beating 3 of them moves you up ranks.

bombshell

The offline tournaments earn XP towards the next VS match.
When you beat them you get their gear, beating 3 of them moves you up ranks.

I meant more about how they look rather than how they're played. Especially the
secret VS characters
sound interesting.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I do love how many of the old GAF league crew are still around and posting in these threads ten years later. Will keep an eye out on reviews just for that :p

RodzTF

The online multiplayer/tournaments are always going to be unbalanced, even more so now that you have to upgrade all your skill levels by just playing the game. On launch day people are going to be driving the ball 280+ yards whilst new starters, if they choose to enter tourneys straight away can only drive 180~. I doubt Clap Hanz have thought to balance everyone's skill in the online portion as that goes against the new game's progression system.

Seriously those micro-transactions can fuck off, especially getting those in-game avatars to talk you in to buying them. But, they were there in some form over the last two games so only telling in today's culture they'd be here and in a larger force. Won't stop me enjoying my own pure progression.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tried my local GAME as someone in another thread said they got theirs early, but no dice. Will keep my UK PSN order and try and be patient I guess

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shopto mate, i ordered on Friday, came Saturday...

It was more a punt for the bank holiday. If I have to wait for Tuesday I might as well wait for Wednesday and keep the preorder bonus course and the convenience of digital

moozoom

So that how you use those crystals I found while wandering on the courses... As long as I can still upgrade my clubs by playing, I don't mind if people use shortcuts to power up with money.

This is clearly a pay to win situation, but I guess in 2017 you can't escape those shitty practices. Honestly I thought the micro transactions would be worse that that... but I'm still at the beginning, maybe you encounter a difficulty wall later that induce you to upgrade.

Pachimari

Absolutely loved Everybody's Golf on PlayStation Vita and playing online with gaffers. I'll be in on this as well, just haven't decided if I'll be there on launch day.

Steroyd

Is the levelling up of the clubs universal across all characters or is it per character, for example if I picked one of the versus characters to use do they have their own level up stats to?

Ugh, I knew those currencies and experience bars in the HUD were only going to be bad news.

If this game is a social/online reimagining of the series to primarily make it more grind-y to make players come back for more levels or gear (as opposed to a level playing field golf game that's fun in its own right) I'm out.

Rflagg

I think it sucks assuming it is microtransactions, but already gave them my 40 dollars so it not like I can do anything about it. I am hopeful they are just shortcuts and not to a level beyond what game play can do.

https://www.twitch.tv/omgitskonvict

I'm streaming it now, tune in for hilariously bad gameplay. Lol.

Your dude looks pretty good, how long did it take to create a decent looking person?

madmackem

I was going to pre-order because I loved the last games but I think I'll wait now and see how badly these microtransactions affect the game.
The last few editions of the game have had micro transactions and it didn't effect the game, can't see this being any different a good player will be a good player.

Top Bottom