• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2K13 Player's Choice: Donate money to breast cancer and get your favorite game in

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Vampire or Guilty Gear would be what I'd pick

Melty too if only to revive interest in it

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, I know, pony cosplay avatar. I can list more things I do that would make me be against this game sound strange.

go on /mlp/, started an ask tumblr, started a pony comic on tumblr, follow pony artists on tumblr, listen to some music from brony artists, I played this game and had fun with it, the list goes on.

I'm just sick of having anything having to do with ponies, polls, donation efforts, anything else, dominated by bronies. Having their self-important, self-validation seen everywhere, I'm sick of it.

Sounds to me like you are the one with self-validation issues. Lighten up. Gameplay comes first in fighters and it's a dang charity event.

FSLink

Banned
I honestly have no issues with MLP winning. Fanbase with some creepy weirdos aside, if it's a legitimate fighting game I see why not. (I haven't seen much footage of it so I have no idea if it's actually a viable competitive game)

I would rather see Melee, Skullgirls, and other stuff win over it though.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Really though, the thought of putting an unfinished game that hasn't even gotten a stable build up an running over a game like melee that has been actively played for over 10 years does not seem like a good one. Completely disregarding the fact that it's associated with bronies, it still does not deserve to be played a long with the other games.

And then there's the other part where if it is played we're going to be seeing people in pony costumes in the crowd for the entire event. I'd rather go with the manchildren playing melee.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Never underestimate 4chan, the same way you never underestimate Wong.

I am pretty confident that WB will step in for Injustice, especially considering the money they put up last year for MK, they clearly have no qualms throwing their money hat into the ring.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I am pretty confident that WB will step in for Injustice, especially considering the money they put up last year for MK, they clearly have no qualms throwing their money hat into the ring.

I hope not

nothing against Injustice but I think any publisher stepping in and dropping cash like that would be pretty lame and defeat the purpose of a "player's choice"

Even if it's all going towards a good cause I wouldn't like the game to be decided that way

Anth0ny

I feel like if there was legitimate interest in MLP being on the roster, it would have had more votes on the facebook poll.

bronies are one thing, bronies interested in this game and evo is a whole other thing. it would be pretty crazy if they managed to donate more than the smash community.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guess so. Apparently only subpar games can be featured.
Those poor, subpar communities that people go out to support and want to be at EVO, yeah.

Not trying to defend a 500 vote threshold, but I think the relativity correlates pretty well to general interest for viewers and participants.

Those poor, subpar communities that people go out to support and want to be at EVO, yeah.

Not trying to defend a 500 vote threshold, but I think the relativity correlates pretty well to general interest for viewers and participants.

I just asked a question about VF. I responded to your snarky comment with one of my own. In the end, it really doesn't matter.

I know that VF won't win the vote and will just have a side tourney instead. My guess will be Smash.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MLP will do what Arcana Heart 3 could not!

I honestly would like VF to get in, but that empty chair joke is painfully true so let's work within the possible.

I haven't been helping either.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm interested in Fighting is Magic being on stage for 3 reasons:

1. It actually looks fun to play / watch.

2. The animation is really good.

3. It has an amazing chip tune-esque soundtrack.

I don't really care about MLP one way or the other. But the salt from fitan fans over cartoon horsies beating the shit out of one another would be too rich to pass up.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'd vote for MLP if legitimate games I actually care about weren't in the running

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I can just imagine the cacophony of boo's and gardens of tomatoes thrown at the stage if MLP actually made it to EVO.

Man, that would awesome to watch.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The actual link for the BB donation page directs to BB:CP though. Not sure what would happen if it actually wins.
CSE if CP isn't out by June, CP if it is.

CP or bust, I say, and there's no word on when CP might be coming out.

Top Bottom