• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Game Informer Details

D3VI0US

I think this game still sounds dope but I'm kind of dissappointed that only one player gets to be the monster from the sounds of things. Hopefully they have a mode where maybe multiple people play as monsters for more of a L4D style multiplayer. I always enjoyed structure of L4D versus with teams going back and forth as survivors or infected. It was a really great team mechanic that led to some of my favorite pub game experiences of last gen. Nothing beats laying down the perfect trap and taking out 3 or 4 survivors or barely making it to the safe room as survivor while hauling ass from a tank. This game still sounds super promising but hopefully they have other modes than just 4v1 or that would be unfortunate.

I think this game still sounds dope but I'm kind of dissappointed that only one player gets to be the monster from the sounds of things. Hopefully they have a mode where maybe multiple people play as monsters for more of a L4D style multiplayer. I always enjoyed structure of L4D versus with teams going back and forth as survivors or infected. It was a really great team mechanic that led to some of my favorite pub game experiences of last gen. Nothing beats laying down the perfect trap and taking out 3 or 4 survivors or barely making it to the safe room as survivor while hauling ass from a tank. This game still sounds super promising but hopefully they have other modes than just 4v1 or that would be unfortunate.

I think additional game modes with totally different player divisions could be really awesome and hope for them as well. However, the 5 person game mode is great because it is less dependent on the kind of sustained online community that typically only comes with huge franchises.

If I want to get a great game of L4D going right now, I have to have 7 other people who want in on it, so it is basically a no go. On the other hand, I fully expect that my friends and I will be playing Evolve years after the online community has fallen off.

Top Bottom