• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

Today as Goliath I hid in a pond and as the hunters passed me by one of them looked at my head poking out of the water. He stops, looks, comes closer, looks again....then turns and runs off. At that moment I jump out of the water and pounce straight on him.
man must have pissed himself, haha!

Sadly I lost that round in the end :(

That sounds awesome. God i hope i can find some good groups.

Still annoyed that the alpha killed all enthusiasm my friends had for the game.

If anyone saw my previous post about the graphical glitches I'll provide an update. Seems as it was a one-off. Crisis averted.

Been playing since then with random people and have had tons of fun. Everyone seems to know their hunter roles so far and not a single master has survived.

McWorked_You on PS4.

Somnia

I just don't get it.. I get people being upset over free dlc if you preorder, but even it isn't available day 1.

They had a choice basically. Charge for map packs like every other developer and then fragment the audience like every other shooter. OR make the maps and modes free but charge for new characters.

I think they chose right personally. Yes the individual price of the monsters/hunters is a bit high, but you don't HAVE to buy them. You can play the game for life of the game with the 12 hunters and 3 monsters available and still play with those who do buy new characters. You'll never be locked out from playing with people in this game due to this choice.

CaptainColada

Neo Member
X1

Gt: Captain Colada

For a new page. I'm in it for the same reasons as many. I just want a good fun group. I'm not in it to be completely serious either I like games to be fun and not a chore. If that sounds good and you don't mind me having a few liquid refreshments during gameplay, than I'm you're man.

derExperte

Nice, finally won as the monster, even got the 'Massacre | Kill an entire Hunter team as a Stage 1 Monster' achievement. Obviously no one knew what they were doing.

You're German too, right? if you're on Steam, add me, we can play together :)

I'll add you.

Somnia

Playing on Xboxone SugaredWharf369

Enjoying the support class very much, can't seem to get into assault, and hate being the monster

Xbox 1 add me:

CaptainColada

I agree with the others that we need more X1 users cause the destiny side was pretty bare.

ChadDaniel

X1

Gt: CaptainColada

For a new page. I'm in it for the same reasons as many. I just want a good fun group. I'm not in it to be completely serious either I like games to be fun and not a chore. If that sounds good and you don't mind me having a few liquid refreshments during gameplay, than I'm you're man.

x1: cmglassmire

Adding all of you on XB1 now, my tag is SomniaGAF

I'll be on tonight around 8:30pm CST.

Somnia

X1

Gt: CaptainColada

Says your gamertag could not be found as a heads up.

I just don't get it.. I get people being upset over free dlc if you preorder, but even it isn't available day 1.

They had a choice basically. Charge for map packs like every other developer and then fragment the audience like every other shooter. OR make the maps and modes free but charge for new characters.

I think they chose right personally. Yes the individual price of the monsters/hunters is a bit high, but you don't HAVE to buy them. You can play the game for life of the game with the 12 hunters and 3 monsters available and still play with those who do buy new characters. You'll never be locked out from playing with people in this game due to this choice.

Depending on their support for this game, I agree entirely. Especially if each pay for monster comes with free maps (for everyone). If they do this right and keep supporting the game for longer (and with more updates) than a monster or two in 6 months, id say they made the right call.

If the only patches/updates come with a monster or two, get outta here.

Its a multiplayer game. Im hoping for some really great community driven updates

Snicky

Quick question, does the PC version have a server browser? Sorry if I missed this, searched browser in the thread and found nothing.

I got the XBO version. I won't be playing tonight, because i plan on beating Dying Light tonight. But please add me to your friends list. I will be playing it tomorrow.

Gamertag: AndrewDean84x

I'm glad I didn't end up letting the DLC plan deter me from buying this. Sure, it's off-putting but all the maps are free like a previous poster said. Plus it's all skins and stuff (for now) which is obviously optional and adds what essentially amounts to nothing to the quality of the game.

Klyka

Banned
I think I need to do some solo matches to learn the maps better.
Knowing where the albinos usually are and what buffs they give you seems to be incredibly important for both hunters and monster.

deoee

Mnydh4Z.png

What's your record? :D

Skyzard

Banned
Unlocking the second hunter (first character unlock) for each class is easy to do... 2-3 games and it's done. I read a reviewer complaining about it as a negative...not really.

I feel like the first medic is pretty essential with the tranq though...and daisy is a major benefit unless you are wicked with the robot. I pretty much stick with the first character.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Unlocking the second hunter (first character unlock) for each class is easy to do... 2-3 games and it's done. I read a reviewer complaining about it as a negative...not really.

I feel like the first medic is pretty essential with the tranq though...and daisy is a major benefit unless you are wicked with the robot. I pretty much stick with the first character.

Lazarus is really damn good due to his glove bypassing health strikes. Those are something you might recognize more as you play more games, being incapacitated and having a permanent hit to your HP pool ends up being a pretty huge deal.

But yeah, Val's tranq gun is amazing and it always sucks to not have it.

Just played my first match against the Wraith... how fucking strong was this thing in the Beta?! We got our ass kicked and supposedly they nerfed it! He's super fast, has a decoy that can damage you, can go invisible, and can fly on top of all of that!

Klyka

Banned
Just played my first match against the Wraith... how fucking strong was this thing in the Beta?! We got our ass kicked and supposedly they nerfed it! He's super fast, has a decoy that can damage you, can go invisible, and can fly on top of all of that!

I killed three wraiths so far. They really nerfed it quite a bit, in the beta she could get away from almost everything with decoy but now it's a lot harder.
Against her you need to be always spread out and use whatever specials you have available like tranq gun and weak spots. also aim for headshots on all monsters,especially wraith, she barely has any armor/health.

I killed three wraiths so far. They really nerfed it quite a bit, in the beta she could get away from almost everything with decoy but now it's a lot harder.
Against her you need to be always spread out and use whatever specials you have available like tranq gun and weak spots. also aim for headshots on all monsters,especially wraith, she barely has any armor/health.

With wraith i generally try to unload on the thing. Goes down fast(ish)

Klyka

Banned
So is this multiplayer only? What about a campaign

You can play the game solo against/with bots which then is basically a solo experience of the normal multiplayer games.

If you look in the op there is the so called "evacuation campaign" which is a string of matches put together out of different modes.

There is no "single player story campaign".

Joco

From watching on Twitch it seems like most of the game is either running after the monster if you're the hunters or running away from the hunters if you're the monster. Seems like it would get old fast.

Top Bottom