• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

GTSweet

Neo Member
Nice OT! High quality work.

This is one of those discount pick up games for me. Beta was fun, but not quite to the level I'd pick it up for $60.

gooface

Banned
Got the Monster PC Race edition from Nuuvem last night for $56... I need to play today, I just played the monster tutorial last night, cant wait for some real multiplayer action later today!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Loaded up evolve and saw i was a level 1? i thought they said our progress carried over to the full game? anyone know what happened?

And what about progression? it seems all my perks and stuff that i had in the beta are gone too ..etc basically everything i had in the beta is gone.

I have the xbox one version and i play the beta and i have nothing in the full game. And i have all the characters unlocks with tier 3 level in the aplication hunters quest, in the full game i dont have the progresion in the characters. Or only the hunter quest is for leveling up 50% faster with the purchases and not unlocking automatically tier 3 in the full game? I thought the purchases i make in the aplication carry over the game in form of unlocks.Im wrong?

Circinae

Neo Member
Anyone else notice how the DLC skins are not on their Steam store page? No chance of being in a steam sale. Makes me worried about future characters and such.

Regardless, I'm eager to get home and give it a good whirl for a few hours before the match.

So what's the general consensus? Scared to pick up a game ever since Destiny and MCC.

#worth

Nobody is making you buy any DLC. They're not adding on campaigns, you won't be blocked from playing with people who have bought stuff. The base game it 100% worth it, and if you dont want any other stuff you dont need them.

P.S. Any new maps they make are free updates. I assume the same will be taken for any new game modes. They will not split the community.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, thanks for these impressions. I haven't heard about a lot of these new things, pretty excited to check out that map! For what it's worth, some maps did have random bodies scattered around in the beta but they may have upped that a bit since then. I have a feeling Nest will also be my favorite as it seems to encourage varied gameplay from both sides more than the other two.

Bah, I still have another 10 hours before I can play this. Happy to see people are enjoying their time with thus far though.

Lastly, a big boo to Papercuts for being an Xbox player. Bummer.

I'll actually be on both XB1 and PS4. So yeah, that sucks. :x

Aviary was my favorite map in the beta too. It's really cool since there's a small little transition hallway that splits inbetween the game being a forest to an all out blizzard snow biome.

I liked Nest a lot, as someone who was primarily a monster it was actually a rude awakening the first time as you basically have to engage at stage 1 and be very aggressive overall or else the hunters will just take out too many eggs in the meantime.

Somnia

For the page, feel free to add me if you're on XB1

Gamertag = SomniaGAF

Would like to see a good group of XB1 players from GAF playing together!

Klyka

Banned
The dlc they are selling for 7 bucks looks like it's worth 0.50 cents.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous XD

At least it's just useless skins, so who cares really.
If they notice no one buys it,the prices will have to go down

edit: It is absolutely amazing how well you can actually hide as the monster. Little ponds/lakes, bushes, sometimes even just behind rocks/cliffs. I had hunters run STRAIGHT past me,it was amazing.

Circinae

Neo Member
At least it's just useless skins, so who cares really

I'll apologise now, I am almost certainly going to end up buying the Bog ones. The idea of RPing as a Cthulhu Kraken is too hard to resist. Time to appropriately edit my Steam name/avatar.

Klyka

Banned
I'll apologise now, I am almost certainly going to end up buying the Bog ones. The idea of RPing as a Cthulhu Kraken is too hard to resist. Time to appropriately edit my Steam name/avatar.

No need to apologize, my comment was more "at least it is not game impacting".

I'll be completely honest, in a couple weeks or so when i find my favorite monster/hunter, i might buy a skin or two as well.

patchday

I purchased a digital copy from Amazon but when they sent the code I was already asleep :(

Got it for $48 after my gift card

Hopefully it will be done downloading when I get home

I am on PS4. Send me Friend requests @ sandboxgod

Will be online probably like 8pm US/Central

No need to apologize, my comment was more "at least it is not game impacting".

I'll be completely honest, in a couple weeks or so when i find my favorite monster/hunter, i might buy a skin or two as well.

I think he/she's apologizing for being "part of the problem" lol

Klyka

Banned
I think he/she's apologizing for being "part of the problem" lol

I know, haha.

For me personally it's no problem. The prices are way too high but I ave no problem with the skins existing like this. We can only ever make our own decision whether we want to buy something or not.

jiggles

Banned
Being day 1, it's a bit of a clusterfuck with not many people knowing what they should be doing (myself included), but it's been scaling up great and basically every game so far has been more enjoyable than the previous. It'll probably be near-impenetrable for first-time players in 2 weeks, but the trajectory it's on so far, it's going to be fantastic when everyone "gets it".

Nobody sticks around on Evac when they're losing, though. I just got match-made in as the monster after another player lost the first round, turned it around by winning the next two, and then all the hunters left, so I got stuck in another match as the Medic. :(

Just played the tutorial for Goliath on PS4 and there were crazy fucking graphical glitches everywhere. Level geometry flickering and large spaces of air changing colors. Very odd. I'm hoping it was just an edge case.

Klyka

Banned
Being day 1, it's a bit of a clusterfuck with not many people knowing what they should be doing (myself included), but it's been scaling up great and basically every game so far has been more enjoyable than the previous. It'll probably be near-impenetrable for first-time players in 2 weeks, but the trajectory it's on so far, it's going to be fantastic when everyone "gets it".

Nobody sticks around on Evac when they're losing, though. I just got match-made in as the monster after another player lost the first round, turned it around by winning the next two, and then all the hunters left, so I got stuck in another match as the Medic. :(

Weird that people leave,seeing how only the last round counts as the "win/lose" round and you get bonus XP at the end. Ah well.

Jagxyz

Anyone preorder Evolve from Amazon Canada?

Did you get the preorder bonus code - the instant hunter pack thing? I haven't received any codes in my email.

Quick question for those who pre-odered physical: Did you get the Monster Expansion code on your reservation receipt, the receipt when you picked up your copy, or was it in the box?

CozMick

Banned

Did you get the preorder bonus code - the instant hunter pack thing? I haven't received any codes in my email.

Don't think the dlc actually available yet.

I preordered on the store and didn't get the content.

patchday

Only Monster pack

but I'm Amazon/US. Shouldnt be any diff tho. Like other guy says I guess not available

SpaceHorror

Played the tutorials and some single player before work this morning. Really fun.

I'll probably dive into the MP tonight, though I kind of want to pick up a microphone first as I lost my old one in a move.

Rocketz

Hey I'm looking to get a group going today at 4:00pm EST on Xbox One. If your interested add your GT to the list.

1. ChadDaniel

Are there any good video breakdowns of each characters role and strategy? I'm picking this up after work and feel like getting more acquainted with the mechanics before

Klyka

Banned
Are there any good video breakdowns of each characters role and strategy? I'm picking this up after work and feel like getting more acquainted with the mechanics before

In the game when you play a character/monster for the first time, there will be a video overview of what they do.
On Youtube you can also find lots of tutorial videos.

RS4-

There's tutorial vids for all classes and monsters in game if you prefer that.

Messiek

Wow , nice |OT| !
Evolve it's a game I enjoyed playing a lot , but Idk if it's worth the price right now.
I want to play more though : )

Klyka

Banned
Today as Goliath I hid in a pond and as the hunters passed me by one of them looked at my head poking out of the water. He stops, looks, comes closer, looks again....then turns and runs off. At that moment I jump out of the water and pounce straight on him.
man must have pissed himself, haha!

Sadly I lost that round in the end :(

Klyka

Banned
I'm interested but can't do for retail so I'll have to wait until a good deal.

What's the consensus, PC or PS4?!

Well PC has mouse+KB and optional controller support and depending on your specs it runs at 60fps on ultra at 1080p+.

So, PC, normally.

Top Bottom