• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

JaggedSac

Very entertaining thread.

Has MS mentioned anything about pre-downloads be a feature in the future. As in download most of the game before release and download the little bit left at the time of release?

Very entertaining thread.

Has MS mentioned anything about pre-downloads be a feature in the future. As in download most of the game before release and download the little bit left at the time of release?

I've been wondering the same thing. It would be stupid if they didn't offer that option for this game.

I haven't been on GAF long but this is an amazing thread. It had everything I could possibly want, maybe needed more gameplay videos though ;)

I'm going to save these quotes while the crow is cooking...even if it takes +12months :p

In the meantime, PC for me :D

Edit: I meant the sequel! Sorry ugh... long day

They literally cannot bring it over to the PS4. They have a deal with Microsoft. You'll be saving those quotes for a long time.

sangreal

Are you guys kidding me? We've seen a lot of/most Xbox One games come out to be at least 30 or 40+ GB and you're saying "the graphics haven't been downgraded, this is final!" In an alpha that is 4 GB.

lol

LOL you people never cease to amaze

It doesn't have the full game AFAIK. It's about as much content as a demo

Ghazi

It doesn't have the full game AFAIK. It's about as much content as a demo
Of course! But judging the game's graphics off this is ridiculous. While there is going to be of course more space taken for other game assets (maps, campaign stuff, etc) I'm expecting a majority of the space used to be just the enlarged textures and other graphical components.

I don't own an Xbox One, neither am I a "hater" (I can't believe I had to say this, here of all places) or fan, but it's completely illogical to make assumptions and form conclusions based of those cell phone pics. I'm only following what should be basic logic, people here are overreacting.

Lebron-Dancing.gif

haha perfect

antitrop

I'm really surprised ea took microsofts money. With the huge install base the ps4 has they probably could have made more money than what Microsoft paid them.

Probably. EA intentionally sabotaging a new IP for a moneyhat will probably go down as one of the strangest moves of this generation, in hindsight.

I seriously, seriously doubt that MS actually paid up what Titanfall likely would have made on a PS4 (and probably PS3? Hell, if they're doing a 360 port, why not PS3?) version.

antitrop

im sure if this game sells alot MS will go to respawn and throw alot of money
mayweather-money.gif

Yeah, I'm sure after a hellacious lawsuit/counter-suit battle, Zampella will be all about jumping back in bed with another freedom-restricting corporation.

Partnering with EA was bad enough, but it was necessary to get the game off the ground and at least they retained their independence and ownership of the TF IP.

I don't see them giving up their hard-fought independence so easily.

antitrop

this game is going to be huge. where dem leaks?

There was some really, really shitty 10 second cell-phone recorded gameplay clips on Instagram earlier, but the account went Private hours ago.

Wasn't really anything special, the clips were way too short to ascertain any kind of cool info from.

Yeah, I'm sure after a hellacious lawsuit/counter-suit battle, Zampella will be all about jumping back in bed with another freedom-restricting corporation.

Partnering with EA was bad enough, but it was necessary to get the game off the ground and at least they retained their independence and ownership of the TF IP.

I really hope this is what ends up happening. The impressions are really positive and it would be a shame if the IP doesn't make it to the PS4.

Capella

His tweets right after the news about the lifetime exclusivity broke definitely made it seem like they aren't letting the entire franchise get locked down. I don't see why he would have bothered to clarify if he weren't serious about it.

crazyprac

Man... Just saw some leaked still pics. The overall textures are nothing to write about - its an alpha so can't say much on it. The poster apparently got banned from neogaf? I want some gameplay footage!

Man... Just saw some leaked still pics. The overall textures are nothing to write about - its an alpha so can't say much on it. The poster apparently got banned from neogaf? I want some gameplay footage!

As was confirmed by a Respawn dev in this thread, the alpha they put out has all textures reduced to 25% to reduce the download size.

The leaked screenshots showed the menu that said "This is an alpha test for networking and does not represent the final quality of the game"... They actually meant it!

Beant

As was confirmed by a Respawn dev in this thread, the alpha they put out has all textures reduced by 25% to reduce the download size.

The leaked screenshots showed the menu that said "This is an alpha test for networking and does not represent the final quality of the game"... They actually meant it!

The funny part about this is that someone said drool worthy graphics before this nugget of info came out. Gameplay is probably basically launch ready though, unless they are going to tweak some numbers.

crazyprac

As was confirmed by a Respawn dev in this thread, the alpha they put out has all textures reduced by 25% to reduce the download size.

Yah that's why I noted alpha. Sorry didn't read whole thread just got home. Disappointed I didn't get in :(

Bsigg12

Actually reduced to 25% not by 25%. Huge difference. The game in this alpha is running at 25% of what it will be at launch.

Everyone has a price. Microsoft will be all too happy to make them very wealthy men and women. Money can make 2 consoles and PC enough. Believe that shit.

Can I post images of loadouts to neogaf or is that bannable?
Don't.

antitrop

Everyone has a price. Microsoft will be all too happy to make them very wealthy men and women. Money can make 2 consoles and PC enough. Believe that shit.
Didn't Zampella and West basically make enough money from the Activision counter-suit that they could have retired, anyway?

I have to feel like they only formed Respawn because they still had a passion to make games, the way that they wanted to make them.

Top Bottom