• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

antitrop

So we can confirm that the Titan Core is a temporary damage booster.

The guy in the vid fucking sucks at Wallrunning and double-jumping, but absolutely fucking beast-modes that entire room of dudes. Looks like incredible fun. And absolutely a ton of action, 6v6 won't be a problem at all.

Just watched that video and it looks really fun. I know they've said you can set them to follow and hold areas but it's also pretty cool that the Titan will seek you out if you die while bringing it in.

Justin

The guy in the vid fucking sucks at Wallrunning and double-jumping, but absolutely fucking beast-modes that entire room of dudes. Looks like incredible fun. And absolutely a ton of action, 6v6 won't be a problem at all.

He said it was the first match he ever played. Also that room full of guys was AI.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm totally fine with the AI serving as fodder with limited mobility, but they probably need to raise their damage output at least a little bit. That guy didn't deserve to survive that entire room of dudes shootin' at him!

From that youtube video, the A.I. looks so bad! I am sure it will not be that bad in the final version. The guy walked into a room of six and killed them all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
From that youtube video, the A.I. looks so bad! I am sure it will not be that bad in the final version. The guy walked into a room of six and killed them all.

dont think of them as bots, they are definitely fodder. more of an annoyance and something that ups the scope of the battle

Justin

I'm totally fine with the AI serving as fodder with limited mobility, but they probably need to raise their damage output at least a little bit. That guy didn't deserve to survive that entire room of dudes shootin' at him!

I always figured that the narrative conceit would be that the titan pilots are like the Halo Spartans and the AI are the normal soldiers.

spannicus

same thing I was thinking seem like bullet sponges, it is an Alpha though.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member

They aren't supposed to be a challenge. Imagine walking up on 6 creepers in a MOBA game. They shouldn't present a challenge to you.

Zeth

Please tell me the AI are like creeps in Dota, and you gain something from killing them!

edit: doesn't sound like it if they're completing objectives :(

Milennia

Damnit missed the vid, but the impressions are what I'm interested in, sounds nice.

I wonder what happens when you level up, unlocks etc, I'm fuzzy on that subject.
I guess they consider the AI to be minions, like a MOBA hence that perk name, interesting, just as we anticipated.

They aren't supposed to be a challenge. Imagine walking up on 6 creepers in a MOBA game. They shouldn't present a challenge to you.

What is the point of even having them then? 6 of them apparently are braindead and can't harm you, really kills any immersion or feeling of epic the game is trying to give when your fighting an army of the blind.

Even with the AI running around, it doesn't look any different from a standard COD type of game, so the point of them is to just fill in space due to the low player count?

Mega Man

Damnit missed the vid, but the impressions are what I'm interested in, sounds nice.

I wonder what happens when you level up, unlocks etc, I'm fuzzy on that subject.

It's an unlock system based on rank. You don't spend points or anything and it has an allotted amount of slots for each load out. Two Perks

Top Bottom