• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

Uncreative 10 year old me tries to come up with a name for video games, RPGs, etc., so I reverse my first name. (Aaron -> Noraa) The double a at the end looks weird, so I turn the second a into a y. In 2004, when I decided my old forum handle on Wizards of the Coast had to go, I rearranged it into Orayn.

dschalter

rooney-elbow.jpg

"there's nothing in it"

PK Gaming

180px-PSI_Rockin_a.PNG

Earthbound is one of the only RPGs were you get to name your signature move, based on your "favorite thing."

I didn't even have to think twice about it.

Ness used PK Gaming Ω! Ness dealt 960 damage to all enemies!

♪

Last name Young. I play games. First initial A. And I (was) 21. In retrospect, i wish i could change it to something badass, like lasergun pew pew or something.

Madao

pretty self explanatory. character from the naruto manga.

i do want to change it since it was on a whim when i initially picked it but i'm too lazy now and can't think of any better alternatives.
i'd pick UchihaMadao if i could change it

Jzero

First name starts with J.
One of my favorite video game characters is Zero from Megaman.
We got internet service when i was 15 years old.

DarkKyo

First I want to thank the admins for changing my username!!

(my username used to be Dechaios)

DarkKyo is my gaming tag. It's what I use for steam games and it's what most of my online gaming comrades know me as. Years ago my brother signed up for IGN insider(I'm talking like 2003-4 or so).. his username was BlackKyo. I think it had something to with some anime... like Fruits Basket or something? Well anyways I leeched onto his account and pretty much made it my own for chatting on the IGN boards. So I pretty much became BlackKyo and I didn't have the choice of making my own username. IGN insiders got icons on the message board so I was obviously using his account to have an icon and be a bigshot on the boards. I kept the name throughout the years and eventually changed it to DarkKyo when I started playing TF2 in 2009.

So yeah, I never even wanted the name, I just kinda rolled with it.

Toppot

Years ago (like 10) I was trying to come up with a name for Gamespot. I wanted 'Top' something, like Topkiller or something. Then I turned Top backwards to get Pot and put the two together. Making it a palindrome, which I quite like.

Originally I added 2 on the end because I thought it was a bit too plain but I always go with Toppot first and if thats taken I go back to Toppot2 or Topottsel, Ottsel being what Daxter is in Jak and Daxter.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Telos: An ultimate end. / The end term of a goal-directed process; especially, the Aristotelian final cause. / The purpose, end, aim, or goal of something

Telosfortelos: Purpose/end/aim/goal for a purpose/end/aim/goal.

Supposed to be gnarlyxcharlie but a typo bit me in the ass. I remember playing one of the Tony Hawk games, can't remember which one. I finished a goal and some surfer dude said, 'whoah i'm gonna call you gnarlayyy charlieee'

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi

+

Chan

=

Yoshichan :3

I needed a name. So I spent many a year pondering what name encapsulated who I am, told my story, and revealed the nature of my character.

After that didn't result in anything useful, I typed "Randolph Freelander" into the box and hit "submit."

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Gospel is just a cool word. Before that it was Serenade, which is also a cool word.

They're also the names of cool mega man bosses. Those are the only reasons.

Yuripaw

Banned
In 2004, I made a Mithra character in Final Fantasy XI because I had adopted my 2 cats that year. I had originally played a Tarutaru named Ockman that I started with but never accomplished much, so I wanted to start over as a cat. Yuripaw was the name of my Mithra character in FFXI. When I made the character, I was already a fan of Final Fantasy X-2. In the English version of the game, Yuna Rikku and Paine called their group Y-R-P during the intro, but in the Japanese version it was Yu-Ri-Pa.

yuripa.jpg

Since I was playing a cat character in FFXI, I just added a W so that Pa became Paw and it seemed to fit.

I was sitting in a Helenistic Rome history class that was was covering the life of the statesman - so happens I was making an account on Twitter. Name stuck.

Philia

Philia is my handle for a decade. She's a character from Tales of Destiny, the second Tales game in the series I'm a huge fan of for A WHILE NOW. :)

Makes me proud that this series is going real strong.

I originally used "Mr. Beef" about 10+ years ago because of an episode of Rocko's Modern Life. When I got a PS3, I found out I couldn't use punctuation marks. I also didn't like how "MisterBeef" looked spelled out. "Professor" was the first thing that popped into my head that wasn't already taken, and now here I am.

zerotol

Banned
My screen name is after a fungicide that is used on plants. It basically helps plants from getting diseases.

xuItj.jpg

The only reason i chose it is because i used to work with this stuff and i liked the way it sounded.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Excerpted from: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7024863&postcount=11

Timedog said:
Okay. I am so tired I'm practically hallucinating, but I'll try to explain what happened. So I PM'ed VALIS and we were talking about his computer he bought for 4 thousand dollars. Somehow it switched and we were talking about "a future bog"(don't ask). Anyways, that's when I got the stroke of genius, I signed my PM "-Timedog". I was probably VERY drunk or high, but signing my post like that perfectly expressed my feelings and emotions at that time.

Think about when you were at a certain time in your life, good or bad, and you 1st heard some incredible song, and you said "that song is PERFECT" because it perfectly described what you were feeling(this probably happened when you were an emo high school kid). It is kind of like that, but with text instead of sound. I stumbled upon something rare, something unrefined, that is perfect.

Timedog simply looks, sounds, and most of all justfeels right. Every time I type it, it flows effortlessly off my fingertips, and it just feels like i'm doing the right thing, or like i'm headed in the right path. Regardless of me getting shit for it on the forum. I am not trying to harm anyone or make anyone mad by it at all. I thought people would just gloss over it like they did with PEACE or DCX or whatever. It looks and sounds so ****ing awesome that it is unbelievable to my eyes. My am basically in awe of it.

Sorry if this was too stupid/crazy of an explanation.

-Timedog

Junie12

I was too lazy to come up with an original username so I just used my nickname and added a 12 next to it since 12 is my number.

Because it sounds cool. Kinda came from Cloud from FF7. I only learned couple years later that the name was used for a boss? Had this name for a while now.

I wanted Cloudius, but it seem to be taken from someone I never seen on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom