• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Rood" part comes from my old username Roodster which is a play on my last name.

The second part comes from a John Wayne speech given to military students back in the 60's while completely drunk. During the speech instead of saying "ridiculous" he said "re-god-damn-diculous". It was pretty hilarious.

Hence "Roodiculous".

Here's the clip if you feel compelled to listen to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZNyCQKP3c

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I loved the live action TMNT movie as a kid and I have always had an affinity for the less popular characters in things. Also I've always been infatuated with Ninjas in general.

tumblr_lnzu1oAv7C1qklbg2o1_500.jpg

Zekes!

Zekes is the nickname that I ended up receiving from my friends when we were younger.

I forgot how it even came to be, but I think it came from back when me and my friends would all play Halo together, and my profile, which one of my friends named for me, was Zecual (I think he meant Ezekiel).

Only a couple of friends refer to me as so, but I tend to use it as screen names and such.

i liked aang from avatar and was think of some air move and airwhip sounded kinda cool and i liked mystic gohan from dbz and mysticwhip sounded even cooler.

any other form of whip had too many sexual connotations.

Loxley

I don't think mine needs a ton of explanation, but I've always loved the Robin Hood mythos since I was a kid (with Loxley often being considered as his "birthplace"). When I was in middle school I would occasionally sign my art under the pen name "Loxley" since I guess I was under the impression that all artists did that. These days...not so much, but I've used the name as a forum ID since the mid-2000's, so it was a natural choice for when I stumbled onto GAF almost four years ago.

I'm always relieved when the name isn't taken :)

zeioIIDX

"zeio" stems from the Zeio Nut, an item used in Final Fantasy VII which helps breed a Gold Chocobo. I always thought the name/word "zeio" was pretty cool looking and sounding (I pronounce it "zay-oh"). The "IIDX" part comes from one of my favorite video games in the music genre: beatmaniaIIDX. It's a "DJ simulator" where you have 7 keys to tap as well as a turntable to spin.

?oe?oe

I used to have 'joejoe', but that was too bland, so I changed to '?oe?oe'. Upside down j or choose your own adventure? You decide!

My name is not Joe.

Was 10 making my first hotmail account. Wanted to use my name and my birthday. Shannon310 was already taken, so shanshan it became. I feel like I should have picked something slightly cooler when I signed up here =/ but oh well.

A character I came up with and used to draw as a kid.

That was my go-to character for many years, loved coming up with stories and scenarios to draw. I miss just drawing whatever came to my mind. Now if I try to draw anything I overthink which kills my interest.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Growing up, I liked Metroid games and Castlevania games.

Then I think I saw the term Metroidvania thrown out in a Nintendo Power describing the first GBA castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Man, that game probably contributed to my needing glasses).

Hence now.

Ichabod

Banned
I've always been fascinated by the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and chose my username after the story's main protagonist.

Fun facts: Every time I play through Secret of Evermore I name my pooch Ichabod. Ichabod is also the name of one of the main characters in a story I'm currently writing.

Seanspeed

Banned
I love cars and racing and used to like Mazda's a lot. Their performance division label their cars 'Mazdaspeed' versions. And then there was an American F1 racer named 'Scott Speed', which I thought was hilarious. So I became 'Seanspeed'. :p

When I was a little 12 year old nerd I was making a neopets account. Foxes were my favorite animal at the time and having it be in Japanese made me feel so smart.

Anyways, I've used it ever since for pretty much everything and I really don't feel like changing it.

After a loooooonng time lurking I decided to make a username.

Alright strange mind blown fact that happened right now. I was thinking about how my name was just like ManBearPig ... in fact, that's more or less how I keep thinking I came to go with ManDudeChild. Sort of a play on ManBearPig. Anyway, then it hit me ... I have been a member since 2004. That episode didn't air till 2006 ... I don't actually know why I chose this name.

Mista Koo

Management Information System Technical Analysis' Key Operating Objectives.

When I stopped seeing Mister Cool as a cool name I thought Mista Koo was cool. It still is pretty cool to those who don't know this.

tearsofash

ENTER an early 2000s Andrew. Emo wasn't derogatory, goth was still a genre of music you wouldn't get made fun of for liking. Sophmorish poetry was rampant amongst this particular MC.

And so it goes. Some dumb Emo username that should've been changed but hasn't due to a stubborn personality and the opinion that if someone jumps to the conclusion I'm just some dumb Emo username, then they aren't worth their salt in rupees.

Martian

I dont really know why this is my username. Its been this for many years. I may have picked it because it looks like my name, but Im not sure

I used to run around with EMP grenades and blow myself in large crowds of enemies in Mega TF / Quake. If a game has a way to frag massive amounts of people with a suicidal method I'm totally there. Crash a multi-transport carrier with teammates for a singleenemy kill? Fuck yeah!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Sean2: I am a dumb shit, and apparently forgot about my ability to use an exclamation point, or even an extra n.

I am still waiting for mods to change my username, 3 weeks in.

It has nothing to do with being a Jerk .. Sometimes

http://house.wikia.com/wiki/Myoclonic_jerk

A myoclonic jerk is the brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles. It may be caused either by a sudden muscle contraction, or a sudden lapse of contraction. This happens when a person is on the verge of falling asleep, and suddenly have a sensation or feeling that they are free falling through the air. Contractions are called positive myoclonus; relaxations are called negative myoclonus. When falling asleep, it is common for people to experience a type of myoclonic jerk known as a hypnic jerk. Hiccups are also a kind of myoclonic jerk specifically affecting the diaphragm.

Omzz

Mines a bit...weird. Name is Omair. Friends and people at school started calling me Om (no idea why) for short...then just added the "z" at the end.

Nickname Omz was born. There you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom