• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Gödel metric is a solution Einstein's field equations which permits time travel along 'closed timelike curves'. Gödel presented it to Einstein as a gift for his birthday (they were close friends).

FrontalMonkey was the xbl gamertag that the gamertag system generated for me, so I started using that for everything, but SC2 thought that was too many characters. Thus FrontalMonk was born.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
A long time ago I was going to make a clan in SOCOM 2 with some friends and we decided to pick names. I picked Robot House because it was so freaking awesome. It got turned down, but I kept the name.

As the years went on I would use it for other online handles, but sometimes people would beat me to it. So I just changed the House to Haus and lo and behold, no one took it.

Wilbur

Banned
Bob Dylan is awesome. But taken. So I was trying to think of a one word thing to do with Bob Dylan, and I went for the Traveling Wilburys.

I kind of wish I'd gone for Rhubarb though. Don't know why.

Cynosure

e68aanigif_enhanced-buzz-26096-1326560486-1.gif.gif

The Baconsaurus was only the most awesome creature to have walked the earth. Only the Baconsaurus Rex, a close relative, is more awesome. But that was more suitable for XBL where I can straight up destroy my opponents while Baconsaurus is a little more down to earth so a better fit for Neogaf. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Tacosaurus Rex on the internet somewhere. Guess I'm not the only food related dinosaur around.

I made the name Shoota in like 4th grade when I played CS on my bro's computer. And then I used it for Starcraft around the same time. And then I joined a clan called "Xal", for literally one day, but then never really played with them ene though I kept the name.

I finally switched to a new handle a couple years ago, but in GAF, my old one lives on.

Not sure if I've posted in this thread before or not. Given the thread's revival, and the failure of the search function, I'll explain that my name is a misheard lyric from the KMFDM song "Light". Real lyric is "deified dada", but I like mine better.

Mr_Zombie

When I was 11-12 yo my sister made a photo of me early in the morning: messy hair, vacant stare, "ugh" kind of facial expression; oh, and I was eating a sandwich full of ketchup at the moment. Since I was obsessed with Resident Evil back then and we just got a scanner, the idea to edit the photo into a zombie was obvious.

Few years later, when I joined RE community, I needed a nickname, and since I didn't want to be yet another Wesker, Chris, Leon or Birkin, I remembered the photo and named myself "Mr_Zombie" (there's an underline instead of a period to make it more "cool" :lol). For some reason I've sticked to the name ever since, even though it sounds stupid right now.

God, I don't even remember where this came from or what inspired it. It has been my online identity for so long that some of my RL friends have taken to calling me "echo."

I found out later that there is some kind of MRI-related thing called the "echo shifting principle," but that isn't where I got it. I just made it up. Its origin point predates the game "echoshift" by several years. I think I first started using it on AOL so...yeah. A long time ago.

aeroslash

Aero because my life is in the sky. I am an airline pilot currently working as a flight instructor.

Slash because he is my favourite guitar player!

pakkit

Banned
Pakkitman from Pakistan.

It's stupid, I know.

However, people have interpreted it as I'm a gay fudge-packer, or that I pack a lot of bowls because I smoke weed.

Malo

Banned
I looked like Seth, from Superbad in high school, and people didn't remember his name so they called me SuperMalo, the hispanic version.

-PXG-

It's username I made when I was in seventh grade. It's stuck ever since. And yes, it does stand for something. I never tell anyone though. It's lame.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I've had it for ages for anything that needed a username. I even named my own company Kinoki. If you google it you get a ton of images of footpads but I took it from the cinematic term which means something like "movie eye", which is an elitist cineaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom