• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eye of Judgement Tournament for GAF!

1976261916_7b08201a28_o.jpg

(Thanks to MarkMan for the banner)
PSN: UntoldDreams

GAF Online Open Tournament for Eye of Judgment

CONGRATULATIONS!

1st place grendelrt
2nd place Ferrio
3rd/4th place: OnTheRoad22 and Azrael

Congratulations to all participants!

Please Send me your address to where you want the booster packs sent:
grendelrt
Ferrio

The Championship 1st place winner will get: 10 EOJ Booster Packs
The 2nd place winner will get: 5 EOJ Booster Packs
The two other 3rd/4th place winners will get: 2 EOJ Booster Packs

gafcg7.png

=======================
The Roster!
=======================

CURRENT ROSTER: Name : (PSN)
01) *VALIDATED* : Azrael (FilliamHMuffman)
02) *VALIDATED* : bad-joey (badjoey)
03) *VALIDATED* : chubigans (chubigans)
04) *VALIDATED* : dfyb (dfyb)
05) *VALIDATED* : Ferrio (Ferrio)
06) *VALIDATED* : F-Pina (F-Pina)
07) *VALIDATED* : FredFish (FortusDei)
08) *VALIDATED* : fubarduck (fubarduck)
09) *VALIDATED* : grendelrt (Grendelrt)
10) *VALIDATED* : IJoel (IJoel)
11) *VALIDATED* : M3wThr33 (M3wThr33)
12) *VALIDATED* : Markade (Markade)
13) *VALIDATED* : n8NMONSTER (n8nmonster)
14) *VALIDATED* : OnTheRoad22 (OnTheRoad22)
15) *VALIDATED* : Sykra (??? Maybe its Sykra ???)
16) *VALIDATED* : Ten-Song (Naquis)
17) *VALIDATED* : TheMissingLink (TheMissingLink)
18) *VALIDATED* : TheGuardian (CriticalHit)
19) *VALIDATED* : TTP (Bloody_Marcel)
20) *VALIDATED* : Wollan (Wollan)
21) *VALIDATED* : Won (Won-Won)

=====================================
SHORT SUMMARY OF TOURNAMENT RULES

1) Send me a message if ANYTHING is wrong.
2) YOU HAVE UP TO ONE WEEK TO DUEL (Try to do it quickly in a few days if possible since everyone will be waiting on YOU)
---Add your opponent as a friend on PSN. Ask him on PSN or the forum when he can duel. Setup a time and FIGHT.
---One of you must create an online game and send an invite to your opponent.
If some other person jumps into your game create another one and try again.
3) Single Round Match
4) 5 minute turns
5) Music is ON (unless both agree to no music)
6) Animation is ON
7) Tell me by PSN or Forum if ANYONE DROPS CONNECTION DURING YOUR MATCH. Even if its an accident I want to know.
8) At the bottom of this post is a UTILITY SHEET. Use the utility sheet to verify your opponent is using the starter deck and up to 7 other cards.
-----If you discover your opponent is using more than 7 cards let me know immediately

9) After your duel notify me via Forum or PSN and tell me who won. Even if you lost notify me since I will then put you into
the "Second Chance Tournament".
-----Tell me in a single sentence of how your match went. I will make a news report. (Example: I destroyed my opponent in 5 turns!)

====================
*) Utility Sheet

I made a mistake on Stone Wing Dwarf its #039
checklist2bdl1.jpg

Somnia

If I get the game in time I'll play but we cant keep the damn game, boosters or starters in stock at my gamestop or the other 3 in town. They ALL sellout the instant we get them...this game maybe in short supply but damn if it isnt selling at least in this town. I think I've personally sold 6 copies of the game and at least 50+ boosters (well 20 to one guy but still)

dfyb

Banned
count me in

PSN id is dfyb

edit: ah... we're doing those penny arcade rules? =/

can someone list what's in the starter deck and the distribution of rare/common etc of one booster pack?

dfyb said:
count me in

PSN id is dfyb

edit: ah... we're doing those penny arcade rules? =/

can someone list what's in the starter deck and the distribution of rare/common etc of one booster pack?

The EOJ game has a starter deck pre-registered. Just look in the game's deck builder and it should list the starter deck.

A Booster is exactly as listed in the Topic:
1 rare/ultra-rare
2 uncommon
5 common

Hmm... Without a STICKY this thread will not remain long in visible sight of people.

Any mod's out there willing to help? I realize bumping is "not a good thing" but how else can we let everyone know about the tournament?

derder

I'll do what I can to keep this up top.

I've never actually played it before, its been shuffled to the backlog with all the 360 games out, but I'll bust it out for this. If someone would want to play a few practice games and teach me a bit, that would be awesome.

Add jchill2

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Common deck = Starter deck?
edit: ah, common as "with common cards" ok
edit2: ok, starter deck then

I'm in anyway

PSN ID: Bloody_Marcel

TJ Spyke

UntoldDreams said:
Hmm... Without a STICKY this thread will not remain long in visible sight of people.

Any mod's out there willing to help? I realize bumping is "not a good thing" but how else can we let everyone know about the tournament?

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl tournament threads weren't stickied, and neither were the Mario Strikers Charged tournament threads, so I don't see this one getting stickied either.

I don't think I'll make the deadline... I'm getting Uncharted and my gaming budget won't allow me another game the rest of the month (bills, car payment, insurance).

I can't wait to graduate college and get a real fucking job.

Ponn

Banned
Me Me Me!! PSN = Ponnimus

Hopefully my friend who picked me up a box of boosters for me will have it shipped by then. And also I will actually start winning games by then :(

Arsenic

TJ Spyke said:
The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl tournament threads weren't stickied, and neither were the Mario Strikers Charged tournament threads, so I don't see this one getting stickied either.
Maybe adding a topic in the Online Forum can help it stay alive. Better chance of it staying on the first page there than in the Gaming Forum where its filled with tons of new threads

FredFish

I'm game. I've only been able to find two booster decks in my area so it won't be too hard to meet the criteria :/

PSN: FortusDei

Firestorm

UntoldDreams said:

Stickying a thread is one of the sure-fire ways of killing it.

I finally got the game, sign me up.

PSN ID Crazygambit.

Too bad you people won't get to experience the awsomeness that is my discard deck, I'll try to whip up something good though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
UntoldDreams said:
Sorry I should have put down "Starter Deck"
(fixed topic)

Ah too bad. I had some really nice cards to show off :p

Oh well, will limit to 7 ;)

TTP said:
Ah too bad. I had some really nice cards to show off :p

Oh well, will limit to 7 ;)

We'll make the next GAF tournament with less restraints on deck assembly.
(No doubt it will spark a never ending arms race)

Wollan

Yeah, I have yet to gain access to boosters and such (Play and Amazon are still waiting for their stock) so let's wait until the second tournament before we allow more crazy decks.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm In. PSN: Ferrio.

Though I'm disappointed the use of the starter deck. I'd think buy december 1st everyone would have had access to a good number of boosters.

Einherjar

Count me in, PSN: LegendsEnd

When do you want us to PM the 7 cards to you by? If you want it as we sign-up right now, then I will repost later when I have decided.

Einherjar said:
Count me in, PSN: LegendsEnd

When do you want us to PM the 7 cards to you by? If you want it as we sign-up right now, then I will repost later when I have decided.

Before the tourney starts (Nov 30) is fine. Its a card check to make sure everyone understands and follows the rules for the 7 cards.
(Topic updated with explanation)

Top Bottom