• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eye of Judgement Tournament for GAF!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I will annihilate the competition. BWHAHAHAHA!

...or at least provide decent fodder till the next best guy.

Don't forget there is also a "Second Chance Tourney" for those who fall in battle in the main tourney.
:)

"From the ashes of battle, a hero must rise. Who will be our Champion?"
--from no one in particular

TOURNEY NEWS UPDATE! (topic results added)

Round1:
======================
Marcade defeated F-Pina
"Gamble with summoning the white cubic cost him the game."

OnTheRoad22 defeated IJoel in 11 turns
"--"

Round2:
======================
Azrael defeated n8nmonster in 17 turns.
"---"

F-Pina

Yeah, i lost.

It was a very quick game, and i really didn't have anything else to play on the board. I did cast a spell (can't remember name) that allows me to draw two cards and was hoping to get something from there to play and fight, but i was a little unlucky and was too late to fight back.

That means i get too play in the Looser Tournament? :D

F-Pina said:
Yeah, i lost.

It was a very quick game, and i really didn't have anything else to play on the board. I did cast a spell (can't remember name) that allows me to draw two cards and was hoping to get something from there to play and fight, but i was a little unlucky and was too late to fight back.

That means i get too play in the Looser Tournament? :D

Yes the "Second Chance Tournament" begins this weekend.
:D

Ferrio

Banned
Booya, Ferrio wins in 14 turns. Both put each other into check once.

I had a clutch moment.

Very good game wollan.

I'm sad, I only got 2 cards from my substitution and they went soooo wrong. My green Lycanthrope didn't proc, and my queen had to be sacrificed for paramedic holy feast.

Very good game wollan.

ferrio_vs_wollan.jpg

Wollan

Good game mate. You definitly made the moves you needed to.

You probably noticed my one long turn where I waited until the last 30 sec or so.
I was trying to place my Imperial Biolith guard on square 4 (middle left) to create a wall but my camera would not recognise it so in my desperation after trying to dim/increase the lights I just placed it on 5 and from there on my game fell apart.

I'm just glad we managed to finish the match. My net has been going down all day. :lol
Edit: That was the reason I was disconnected before we got started the first time.

Ferrio

Banned
Wollan said:
Good game mate. You definitly made the moves you needed to.

You probably noticed my one long turn where I waited until the last 30 sec or so.
I was trying to place my Imperial Biolith guard on square 4 (middle left) to create a wall but my camera would not recognise it so in my desperation after trying to dim/increase the lights I just placed it on 5 and from there on my game fell apart.

I'm just glad we managed to finish the match. My net has been going down all day. :lol

I was worried about that, you disced the first game. I was scared it would happen mid game, and that's always pissy.

Hmm didn't recognize, that makes me sad :(. That would of changed the game a lot. I still would of gotton you outta check, but not killed two creatures.

I had a *HORRIBLE* starting hand. The only thing good was the green lycanthrope which I love first round. The thing didn't proc, i was so fucking pissed.

Wollan

I was quite lucky with my starting hand actually. Three or so lower creature cards. You saw that I summoned a Flame Ascetic after my Cubic which was actually my most powerful creature card at that time. And then I got the Sciondar Fire God in the draw after. :lol

PS! In regards to the Biolith Guard, I could have saved the situation if I just waited until next round so the outcome was definitly my own fault, adjusting the lights further in the mean time. Alas, no patience demonstrated.

Ferrio

Banned
Wollan said:
I was quite lucky with my starting hand actually. Three or so lower creature cards. You saw that I summoned a Flame Ascetic after my Cubic which was actually my most powerful creature card at that time. And then I got the Sciondar Fire God in the draw after. :lol

Ya that cubic came out, and I was scared at first. But hell if you would of summoned the god all that would of done was kill the lycanthrope. Then if you ever wanted to do it again you'd have to spend a fortune. SO I let the bastard live, and saved some mana for next round.

Stupid fissures. I really hate them too, but that's more because I play a ninja deck and if I don't have the proper spaces I get screwed royally.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sykra wins :(

Match ended at turn 24 with 4 Bloddy_Marcel cards on the board (and obviously 5 Sykra ones).

Good game with a couple of cool twists mid-duel. Nothing to report regarding any potential cheating. I just got some unlucky draws ;)

Hmmm... Some nice matches!

*** Some people still haven't had their 1st round match yet.

It's going to be a full week soon. If your opponent doesn't respond please let me know and we'll just have to disqualify them and move onwards without them.

Cheers!

chubigans said:
I will annihilate the competition. BWHAHAHAHA!

And annihilate TheMissingLink chubigans did in 20 turns. It was a pretty dominant performance. Your substituted cards did you well (both that you used were on the cusp of going into my deck).

Good game!

FEAR THIS MAN, Ferrio.

Ferrio

Banned
TheMissingLink said:
And annihilate TheMissingLink chubigans did in 20 turns. It was a pretty dominant performance. Your substituted cards did you well (both that you used were on the cusp of going into my deck).

Good game!

FEAR THIS MAN, Ferrio.

I only fear bad luck.

Ten-Song

M3wThr33 has defeated Ten-Song quite soundly. Had a few decent cards drawn, but made a huge mistake placing down my Biolith Battle Chariot in the wrong direction that basically sealed the game in his favor, though I was already in check at that point anyways. Good game though.

M3wThr33

Banned
I won, after 11 turns. It was a really lucky opening hand for me, had exactly what I wanted, a variety of monsters.

If there's another tournament in the future, I think a best of 3 match would be a good idea.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TheMissingLink said:

Good game!

FEAR THIS MAN, Ferrio.

That was a great game, thanks for the match! I just got lucky with some of the cards, I guess. :)

FredFish

I'm conceding my Match to Fubar. After nearly an hour and a half of network errors (I was being randomly signed out of PSN while in game, "unable to join" messages for both of us etc.) the "fun" quotient took a bit of a nose dive. Hopefully for the next tourney, which I guess will be with the first expansion, things are better on my end. Oh, and they put private invite-only rooms in too

fubarduck

FredFish said:
I'm conceding my Match to Fubar. After nearly an hour and a half of network errors (I was being randomly signed out of PSN while in game, "unable to join" messages for both of us etc.) the "fun" quotient took a bit of a nose dive. Hopefully for the next tourney, which I guess will be with the first expansion, things are better on my end. Oh, and they put private invite-only rooms in too

Yeah, sorry again for that, and thanks for trying for so long. Hopefully there won't be anymore networking issues for the remainder of this =/

Tournament tree graphic has been updated.
(Some people still need to get their 1st match done.)

Nice matches and hope to hear more soon.
:)

grendelrt

Grendelrt wins the Grendelrt vs Won match. Great game won, i got a lucky draw of my phantom card which helped me a lot. Game is too much fun :D Sorry for the delay on the match, I kept sending invites to the name Won instead of Won - Won. I thought Won - Won was your neogaf - psn name :lol

Won

I feel so stupid. I failed to save my latest deck changes and had to run across the room to get the damn cards. :lol

Was the first card the phantom card? Because that was probably your worst card out there. :D
The heal near the end and the lack of monsters in my hand killed me. :(

grendelrt

Yeah that first one :D The heal was my super weapon at the end. My roomate has a fire deck he bought, so like 13 of his creatures are fire. One night he had like 3 creatures down that were fire, he heal showered them all. Next turn summoned a 4th, and then next turn heal showered again for good measure, what an ass :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
grendelrt said:
Yeah that first one :D The heal was my super weapon at the end. My roomate has a fire deck he bought, so like 13 of his creatures are fire. One night he had like 3 creatures down that were fire, he heal showered them all. Next turn summoned a 4th, and then next turn heal showered again for good measure, what an ass :lol

You're next.

Tree updated with latest results!

As soon as all the Round 2 matches are complete I will setup the "Second Chance Tourney".

Azrael is the first to reach ROUND 4.

M3wThr33

Banned
grendelrt said:
Excellent match man, I thought you had me around turn 17. One of the longest matches I have played, about 1.5hrs :lol
I thought I did, too. Except I ran out of smaller creatures towards the end. So I had to start futzing around. Then on the final hand before I gave up, it drew the 1 card (Out of 6) that I DIDN'T need. ANY other card would have allowed me to take out one of your creatures.

Ferrio

Banned
Woohoo I win, even though I was facing two people!

ferrio_vs_fubarduck.jpg

Very good game fubar. I was scared in the beggining since you killed my phantom and I ran outta cards. I was at the mercy at what I was drawing each round. That one round when we both thought it was over, I pulled the fortress and didn't have enough mana for it, I was pissed. Luckily you had nothing either heh.

Oh, and I LOOOOOVE lycanthropes too but I won't even play them on anything other than a forest tile... that's asking for trouble and I think what ultimately killed you. Least mine failed to proc too.

I'd like to play some more matches with you, you game? With real decks, and with my mic on so we can bullshit. I turn it off during these matches cause I tend to mutter stuff that I shouldn't in serious play.

Tournament Tree Updated!

THESE PEOPLE HERE=>

OnTheRoad22
TheGuardian
Markade
bad-joey

*** They need to finish their second round matches.

Azrael

Congrats to grendelrt, who advances to the finals after I summoned a Stone Wing Dwarf on a wood field in a momentary lapse of sanity. Oh, well, I was going to lose the next round anyway.

grendelrt

Azrael said:
Congrats to grendelrt, who advances to the finals after I summoned a Stone Wing Dwarf on a wood field in a momentary lapse of sanity. Oh, well, I was going to lose the next round anyway.

Lol, when I saw that, I was like that suckssssss. That damn priestess was pissing me off, for a creature that has a dodge attempt it dodged 4 out 5 of my attacks. Good match, and I will probably lose next round anyways :lol

** Tournament Tree Updated **

FINAL FOUR PEOPLE:
*) grendelrt
*) Azrael
*) ???
*) ???

=======================
Congratulations to grendelrt!
You are one of two who will be in the final round for the championship.

Congrats to Azrael for making it into the final four!
(You automatically win 2 booster packs. You will have to duel one more time to determine if you are 3rd or 4th place in the tournament.)

Top Bottom