• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 - September 23rd release

Wax Free Vanilla said:
looks like it's using the t500 unit so about £400-£600

base.jpg

Looks like the paddle shifters are static, costs as much as the Fanatec wheel too.

Edit: I said the paddle shifters are static before you posted the picture!

wotter

Got my review copy yesterday, shoot if you guys have any questions that need answering. I'll try to answer them the best I can (nda's and all that).

Fixed1979

Wax Free Vanilla said:
looks like it's using the t500 unit so about £400-£600

I would love to try it out but there's no way I can convince myself to spend that much money when I have a perfectly fine G27. I can only hope that I'm able to configure the control scheme to my liking or else I may look a bit more closely at it as an option.

wotter said:
Got my review copy yesterday, shoot if you guys have any questions that need answering. I'll try to answer them the best I can (nda's and all that).

What stats can you access after a race/throughout a season, if any?

Are the load times still criminally slow?

Cheers.

DieH@rd

Banned
wotter said:

damage model / random malfunctions during the race

wotter said:

How much control do you have on the car during a pit stop and when going to the pits during a practice session? What kind of pit stop do you get during qualifications? Is it like the race one of an actual stop? Do you have an option to choose?

Pit stops are important.

wotter said:

Few about Coop Championship:

Is it only one season long?
Can you choose any team to start at?
Can you start at different teams?
If it's more than one season, can you move teams?

Lucius86

Banned
wotter said:

We know most of these answers already. The one thing we don't know much about is the safety car.

What mechanics are in play when behind the safety car? Is everything fully manual during it's intervention in a race? What happens if you speed past it? How does it get triggered? Those type of questions I would like answered please :)

f0rk

Yeah safety car is the most interesting unknown.
Online if I'm just like 'I didn't see you because you rolled up in the other Benz' and race past do I get straight disqualified?

HenryHSH

Bungieware said:
Few about Coop Championship:

Is it only one season long?
Can you choose any team to start at?
Can you start at different teams?
If it's more than one season, can you move teams?

Yes.
Probably.
No.
No.

Xun

Am I the only one who would love to make my own team in the next version of the game?

Choose your engine, make enhancements to the aerodynamics, paint your car, get sponsors...

A man can dream, eh?

HenryHSH

Sleeplessnights said:
Surely because it's only one season you can choose whichever team you want?

Yes, that's my assumption.

My answers are based off of interviews, not a review copy. Just to be clear.

Source: blog.eu.playstation
the_ghost__NL: what can we do in the co-op mode?
Co-op Mode enables you to play through a single season alongside a friend. Imagine the single-player experience (minus the paddock) with your friend as team-mate(...)

JourneyTH: Will the co-op campaign be only a season long or will the amount of seasons be adjustable?
It’s a single season, which can be quite a long time if you factor in Practice and Qualifying.

Tom_Sheldon: Is the co-op championship available online or just split-screen only?
Co-op is only available Online. Elements of it are too complex system for Split-Screen(...)

AcridMeat

Banned
Xun said:
Am I the only one who would love to make my own team in the next version of the game?

Choose your engine, make enhancements to the aerodynamics, paint your car, get sponsors...

A man can dream, eh?

Sounds more like a F1 Manager type game, but it does sound cool. Participating in the testing season to see what works. Problem is to do that right it'd have to be a hardcore simulation and with the yearly output there's no way.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Fuck you guys ignore the important issue.

CAN YOU PIT WITH THE FORCE INDIA?
They can, but there now is an inbuilt FV sensor. If you are detected, the pit stop crew will go on strike and you'll have to get out of the car and sort out the tyres yourself.

Also, the shop I am buying F1 2011 from have just emailed me to say they have changed the price down to £19.85, yey!.

Xun said:

A man can dream, eh?
While not exactly the same, isn't that F1 online game meant to be pretty much like this? (Maybe not changing the engines though!)

Xun

AcridMeat said:
Sounds more like a F1 Manager type game, but it does sound cool. Participating in the testing season to see what works. Problem is to do that right it'd have to be a hardcore simulation and with the yearly output there's no way.
Yeah there's no way it would happen anytime soon, but imagine designing your own car in all the different aspects and then racing it to see what works best.

If only it could someday happen... :(
Stop It said:
While not exactly the same, isn't that F1 online game meant to be pretty much like this? (Maybe not changing the engines though!)
Not entirely sure since you manage one of the already existing teams, right?

Staab

I noticed it comes out on the 22nd for me, stuff is weird.
Anyways, the sooner the better; F1 2011 will be glorious.

Kyaw

Lucius86 said:
To be honest I didn't check elsewhere as £27 was good enough for me.

Fair enough.

Are you guys going to have ABS on or off for the championship?
The DFGT/Pro pedals are pretty bad for braking.

Lucius86

Banned
Kyaw said:
Fair enough.

Last year we had everything off, except gears for pad users.

We will likely do the same, but it all depends on how the game plays.

Ark

Kyaw said:
Fair enough.

We had ABS off in our championship, or at least I didn't drive with it, I only used medium TC or something.

Kyaw

I didn't notice locking up in the PSU championship at all but i also remember using only the medium TC and racing line.

But 2011 will be quite different i think.
We'll see soon enough.

AcridMeat

Banned
Kyaw said:
I didn't notice locking up in the PSU championship at all but i also remember using only the medium TC and racing line.

But 2011 will be quite different i think.
We'll see soon enough.

I locked up a fair amount in 2010 with the ABS off, but that was with a controller. I haven't noticed anything too bad since I got my DFGT.

We're playing with everything off but the option for those gears man! Although we may die in wet weather now from the sound of it.

Stop It said:
They can, but there now is an inbuilt FV sensor. If you are detected, the pit stop crew will go on strike and you'll have to get out of the car and sort out the tyres yourself.

Also, the shop I am buying F1 2011 from have just emailed me to say they have changed the price down to £19.85, yey!.

woah woah which shop? :D

ah found the shop, nice!

Stop It

Diablohead said:
woah woah which shop? :D
The one that GAF doesn't like (Although it has served me well for F1 games)!

Anyway, I really enjoyed our "farewell" racing on F1 2010. Not long now until we can say hello to F1 2011.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
Fuck that. You're not having your last race without me!

One more race next week ^_^
Ah, I knew there was a voice missing from the fun tonight. Get your PC fixed ASAP!

AcridMeat

Banned
brotkasten said:
But men don't use auto gears.

Manual gears are part of the immersion for me. When playing with a pad I'm gaining nothing but annoyance if I'm pushing B and Y. With a wheel it makes sense.

Stop It said:
The one that GAF doesn't like (Although it has served me well for F1 games)!
Found, ordered and paid off in advance! my PC and body is ready, and I am happy to be playing 2011 on pc this time around with the rest of you.

Stop It said:
Ah, I knew there was a voice missing from the fun tonight. Get your PC fixed ASAP!
I had to send my CPU to the Netherlands because that's how AMD do RMAs. I'm just waiting for my replacement one - should be tomorrow or Tuesday!

Also, Lucius and I did pretty much the final tweaks to our two posts tonight.

The |OT| is going to be more than ready for Friday. Set your watches accordingly, boys.

Stop It said:

What shop is that?

edit: banned site. I see it now. I don't have a CD drive at the moment though. You can't activate your key on GFWL and download it through there can you?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Also, Lucius and I did pretty much the final tweaks to our two posts tonight.

The |OT| is going to be more than ready for Friday. Set your watches accordingly, boys.

Don't you mean Tueday (1 week before US release)?

Bungieware said:
What shop is that?

edit: banned site. I see it now. I don't have a CD drive at the moment though. You can't activate your key on GFWL and download it through there can you?
It's gfwl so you can't activate the disc copy on steam.

Worth owning since codies discs are hard to get now :p

Top Bottom