• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 - September 23rd release

Bungieware said:
Don't you mean Tueday (1 week before US release)?
... Oh yeah.

Didn't think of that. Neither did Lucius, I don't think, haha. I will bring this to his attention and I'm sure we can get it up Tuesday!

You goddamn lucky Yanks.

Diablohead said:
cd key to enable the live part, might need to key to install depends on the developer's choice.

I mean more along the lines of activate my key on GFWL and then download it from there as I don't have a cd drive at the moment.

Angst

Could someone please enlighten me on how the GAF F1 PC league will work? Time of race, qualifications, need to participate in every race and criteria for getting into the league?

I'm thinking of preordering, but if I can't be in the GAF league I don't think I'll bother.

EDIT - to clarify: I think I read something about you guys letting every participant take part in a time trial and cutting off the people that post slow lap times. Will this be done for every race or is it a one-off opportunity?

Noob question - if I get the Steam version, I take it I still have to play it through GFWL?

Definitely getting the 360 version to play with my mate, but might pick up the PC version down the track cause I just built a new PC to play BF3 and Diablo whenever that comes out. May as well play F1 2011 in better resolution and potential mods too!

Lucius86

Banned
Angst said:
Could someone please enlighten me on how the GAF F1 PC league will work? Time of race, qualifications, need to participate in every race and criteria for getting into the league?

I'm thinking of preordering, but if I can't be in the GAF league I don't think I'll bother.

EDIT - to clarify: I think I read something about you guys letting every participant take part in a time trial and cutting off the people that post slow lap times. Will this be done for every race or is it a one-off opportunity?

It will likely be a one-off quali, purely because of the amount of time it will take up. With 16 players, it is likely we will have people who can't turn up every week, so spots will be available for 'first come, first served' players for those who can't turn up.

Buy the game - we will be racing regularly out of it for certain - the league just brought us all together in F1 2010.

Captain Bluey said:
Noob question - if I get the Steam version, I take it I still have to play it through GFWL?

Definitely getting the 360 version to play with my mate, but might pick up the PC version down the track cause I just built a new PC to play BF3 and Diablo whenever that comes out. May as well play F1 2011 in better resolution and potential mods too!

Yes, the game requires GFWL. It's not great, but it's not horrendous either really.

Angst

Lucius86 said:
It will likely be a one-off quali, purely because of the amount of time it will take up. With 16 players, it is likely we will have people who can't turn up every week, so spots will be available for 'first come, first served' players for those who can't turn up.

Buy the game - we will be racing regularly out of it for certain - the league just brought us all together in F1 2010.
Thanks for the reply, I'll just have to get the game then. If online interest in GT5 is anything to go by it probably won't be an issue to get a spot in the league a few weeks after release anyway.

Lucius86 said:
Yes, the game requires GFWL. It's not great, but it's not horrendous either really.
Unless you're that guy here on GAF that has repeatedly lost his game saves due to GFWL... It's a shame that they didn't go with Steamworks, but there's not much we can do about it.

Lucius86

Banned
Angst said:
Unless you're that guy here on GAF that has repeatedly lost his game saves due to GFWL... It's a shame that they didn't go with Steamworks, but there's not much we can do about it.

Aye, I wish they went Steamworks too. But I haven't really had any major issues with GFWL. My save corrupted in F1 2010 a number of times, but this was down to the game I think, not GFWL.

f0rk

I believe the guy who said GFWL ate his saves was talking about Dirt so I think it's actually a Codemasters problem.

Fixed1979

Angst said:
Thanks for the reply, I'll just have to get the game then. If online interest in GT5 is anything to go by it probably won't be an issue to get a spot in the league a few weeks after release anyway.

I would be pretty confident (read:hopeful) that spots will open up. It's the same for all GAF leagues regardless of the game. Either way there'll be lots of people to play with online and the single player game is actually pretty decent.

Kyaw

Midnight Tuesday UK time or just generally tomorrow after work?

Can't wait for the glorious OT graphics. :D
It would have been so much better if i had broadband internet...

Lucius86

Banned
Kyaw said:
Midnight Tuesday UK time or just generally tomorrow after work?

Can't wait for the glorious OT graphics. :D
It would have been so much better if i had broadband internet...

Some point after work I would say. Needs proof reading and a few more graphics done. Its more work than I thought, and people will likely think its shit...

That Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel will cost £129.99 - September 23rd

DSC_0078.jpg

Fully programmable buttons:

- KERS
- PITLANE
- DIF IN
- CHRG
- NEUTRAL
- PIT
- PUMP
- DRS
- +10
- BO
- START
- WET

the rest are fake and you need a t500rs at £380 a pop.

DSC_0146.jpg

You could try the simulator allows professional approach to the business game with a critical eye and you can see the confidence in the new Thrustmaster wheel. This is logically the 2011 F1 Codemaster that was used. F1 steering wheel has been integrated into the game and the developers of the two companies have worked together for that to happen in the best conditions. Obviously, the Monza circuit was chosen for the demonstration and the PC version almost completed.

Already, we can say that the graphics are impressive and there is a real ambition of simulation. First finding, the wheel does seem to provide a grip similar to the real, which is in itself an achievement. At first, the grip is not very pleasant but over the towers, we can see its merits. Force feedback, as has been set, is so violent that one even wonders if the effects do not exceed the reality of professional simulator. It may be necessary to reduce a little. Nevertheless, the impression of realism that emerges management is very close to that of Ferrari simulator. The pedal is compelling for acceleration, power in any one of F1.

However, the brake is off the mark which is logical, especially since the pedal was adjusted to position flexible. It can be set very significantly thanks to a supplied accessory. For the simulation itself, it is somewhat doubtful. F1 2011 is quite realistic in terms of traction and braking at Monza especially a perfect illustration of the little room that was to define the exact moment when we must stop when launched at 340 km / h is bearing down on the chicane. However, the reactions of the car still seems quite distant from that of Ferrari simulator including a tendency to oversteer easily manageable than the real Formula 1 does not forgive as easily. It will try the wheel Thrustmaster on a little more demanding games come GTR-2 for example, even if you do a pilot F3000.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
However, the reactions of the car still seems quite distant from that of Ferrari simulator including a tendency to oversteer easily manageable than the real Formula 1 does not forgive as easily.

That's what I was concerned about, I wrote about that few pages back after one of the developers diary. I hope it's not as bad as I think though.

Nevertheless, the game looks amazing on PC. Unfortunately, I can't run F1 2010 to its highest let alone 2011. :(

Samiad

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah, my part of the OT is going to be king. Take that, Lucius!

That's really weird - not that we have the same avatar as such (as that scene was brilliant), but that we chose almost exactly the same frame to use... touché

Haha, that is quite creepy. Clearly it was the greatest face LD has ever pulled :)

Right, my half of the OT is officially finished 100% so it's all down to Lucius now in regards to when we post it!

He's not even home I don't think so... !

He might get it done but I dunno. I texted him asking if he wanted me to do anything and got no response so don't wait up :p

Angst

NO_Quarter25 said:
For those of you who purchased on Steam already, have you been able to pre-load the game?
Nope, not yet. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with pre-loading actually. It took more time to decrypt the files than it took to download them when I pre-loaded DX:HR.

Fixed1979

Lucius86 said:
I'm in the pub getting smashed - piss off the lot of ya. Be patient!!!"
lol

I get the feeling that preloading has actually caused some issues on my end so I won't be doing it again. As soon as it's officially live I'll start the download and then go to bed.

Lucius86 said:
I'm in the pub getting smashed - piss off the lot of ya. Be patient!!!"
Well I'll be building my PC up again tomorrow night so I should be okay to post the topic with you in the evening.

And I've never had an issue with pre-loading personally. I do it whenever I can.

Don't get the Tuesday - Friday release on a game like this. Almost the entire F1 market is in Europe, specifically the UK. And why have European publishers like Codemasters adopted this 'tradition'?

edit: Thursday in Australia... don't mind that considering the amount of stuff they have to take gaming-wise.

Ark

Bungieware said:
Don't get the Tuesday - Friday release on a game like this. Almost the entire F1 market is in Europe, specifically the UK. And why have European publishers like Codemasters adopted this 'tradition'?

To spite us.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Bungieware said:

Although there are exceptions, UK retail generally prefers Friday releases for games, I haven't a clue why but it generally seems to still be the case.

Anyway, looking forward to the OT guys. I'm sure it'll be really good. I can only wonder what the title may be!

Foliorum Viridum said:
Well I'll be building my PC up again tomorrow night so I should be okay to post the topic with you in the evening.

And I've never had an issue with pre-loading personally. I do it whenever I can.
Nice, I hope your CPU works properly again and you don't have an inferno in your PC case again.

Ark

Foliorum Viridum said:
When I was younger games coming out on Friday was great because you had the whole weekend to play them.

Now that I'm an adult I just want them now!

Que?

It had to be done, I'm sorry.

AcridMeat

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
When I was younger games coming out on Friday was great because you had the whole weekend to play them.

Now that I'm an adult I just want them now!

Wait a minute there with those claims.

Edit: I'm beating this dead horse.

Top Bottom