• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 secrets: a pet dog, you can be pregnant

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Walshey said:
If you cut off two of the dogs legs with your sword how will it walk?
have they thought this through?
so is it like this
[imghttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40052000/jpg/_40052338_faith_203_scopfeatures.jpg[/img]
or this
[imghttp://handicappedpets.com/dogkart/cartimages/rollers2.jpg[/img]
disabled dogs FTW

God damn it, I started laughing at that first image before I could see that he didn't have any front legs! :(

Lassie.jpg

Walshey said:
If you cut off two of the dogs legs with your sword how will it walk?
have they thought this through?

That's it I give up.

This has been one of the most disturbing threads I've ever read, and that's saying a lot considering GAF.

An open world is really the deal breaker for me. You can pack all the horns, dogs, and knocked-up broads you want into the game. If it's not an open world, I won't buy it.

karasu said:

Normally it's the kind of answer I'd give to people who complain about any art style that isn't "realistic" or "dark". In your case I understand what you mean about the dog thing, but I figured it would be funny . Plus complaining about something that trivial is a bit silly.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Chrono said:
Molyneux is a ****ing loser. lots of talk and no walk.

no different than that fatass dyack. though I hear he's not fat anymore.
They can't light a candle to your incredible achievements in the field of videogames.

All that slagging people you don't even remotely know on anonymous videogameforums has gotta be worth something, right? RIGHT? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Android18a said:
So can you get the Dog pregnant too?

dogman.jpg

Tieno

12:51: Another demo! Another warning the game looks crappy (don't worry, Peter -- we know!). The world is made up of different districts (slums, docks, merchants, etc.). Here's another big feature: The player will have a room that stores all your money. Uh, I guess that's big. I guess there's more to it -- you can buy stores and things will happen to because of it. You can also buy houses (um, Fable 1?). OK, this is different: You can buy EVERYTHING in the country, Mr. Moneybags. "That is fantastic gameplay," says Peter. I hate managing money -- I think I'll stick to petting my doggie for 40 hours.
Awesome!

12:50: The dog and the story relate to each other. The game monitors how you treat your dog (PETA will be happy!).
Nifty!
12:47: More dog gameplay stuff: Scout, Bloodhound, Guide, Solver, Highlighter, etc. They have an unique mind...Peter didn't want to tell us this...but he did (sorry, PR!) it seems like you can *maybe* trade your dogs over Xbox Live (Peter says he wants everyone to meet his dog).
Way cool, but lol, Peter just can't help himself. He's just so enthusiastic

Kobold

Buying everything in the game is not new, he said that at X06.

But this pet trading and training stuff is sounding very cool! Though I'm still more curious what the game will offer for online gameplay. Also, wether there will be a 'HOUSE" in Fable 2 that you can customize and design, etc. Or if you could actually build stuff yourself. I mean if you are the ruler, you decide what stuff should be build, like giant statues in your honor, mansions for your mistresses, etc. :)

bengraven

God, I loved Fable 1, but buying everything in the world just doesn't sound very cool to me. Maybe it's because I have a sinking suspicion the game world will be sparse like the first game.

It won't be a big deal, I can promise you that. Either people will end up buying everything and get bored, or people will end up not being able to afford many of the houses and get bored, or people will end up not being able to afford many of the houses and stop caring, playing the game and finishing it, then selling it.

Tieno

bengraven said:
God, I loved Fable 1, but buying everything in the world just doesn't sound very cool to me. Maybe it's because I have a sinking suspicion the game world will be sparse like the first game.

It won't be a big deal, I can promise you that. Either people will end up buying everything and get bored, or people will end up not being able to afford many of the houses and get bored, or people will end up not being able to afford many of the houses and stop caring, playing the game and finishing it, then selling it.
Or people just buy what they want and can afford, you don't have to buy everything. I'm not going to at least, but it's cool that all the houses are for sale and you can buy any you want and can afford.

bengraven

Tieno said:
Or people just buy what they want and can afford, you don't have to buy everything. I'm not going to at least, but it's cool that all the houses are for sale and you can buy any you want and can afford.

What I'm worried about is that house-buying will be put in for replayability factor and end up being a bit boring and either too easy or too difficult to make profit. I did a lot of buying, trading, marrying, etc. in Fable and made my first trip through last 25 hours. But I want at least (at LEAST) twice as much as that this time through.

Not that I won't have fun re-playing the game as a lesbian gunslinger alt character.

PleoMax

Banned
Kobold said:
Buying everything in the game is not new, he said that at X06.

But this pet trading and training stuff is sounding very cool! Though I'm still more curious what the game will offer for online gameplay. Also, wether there will be a 'HOUSE" in Fable 2 that you can customize and design, etc. Or if you could actually build stuff yourself. I mean if you are the ruler, you decide what stuff should be build, like giant statues in your honor, mansions for your mistresses, etc. :)

why nobody asks for ships man? **** houses, i wanna sail my shit and be a pirate and...kill people in the open sea, trow them to the sharks, get my bitch pregnant and trow her to the sharks while my other son sees.

I wanna be a mean pirate.

Ugh. Why is the minimap such a thorn in his side? I couldn't think of a more innocuous thing to be concerned about. Of all the things to want to fix...

And the whole "buy the world" thing; yeah, that's nice, but it's not gameplay and it's no more interesting than buying any of the properties in the first game.

I'd rather be hearing about how much bigger and longer Fable 2 is going to be, how he understands that people thought the world being all roads absolutely sucked and how this is going to be different.

Kobold

I would assume it would take a freakin' while to buy everything. Regardless, I want to do everything possible in a game, so I would be compelled to achieve that. :)

PleoMax said:
why nobody asks for ships man? **** houses, i wanna sail my shit and be a pirate and...kill people in the open sea, trow them to the sharks, get my bitch pregnant and trow her to the sharks while my other son sees.

I wanna be a mean pirate.
Haha, this is not a pirate game though. Don't know why people are saying this. It's simply further along timeperiod-wise then the last Fable, more like the renaissance.

Also, I really don't care for ships. But there is a new Pirates of the Caribbean game coming out just for you. :D

PleoMax

Banned
Kobold said:
I would assume it would take a freakin' while to buy everything. Regardless, I want to do everything possible in a game, so I would be compelled to achieve that. :)

Haha, this is not a pirate game though. Don't know why people are saying this. It's simply further along timeperiod-wise then the last Fable, more like the renaissance.

Also, I really don't care for ships. But there is a new Pirates of the Caribbean game coming out just for you. :D

:__( It's not a pirates game? but, it looked like in that artwork i saw...

shit, so what is this? Pocahontas time? The New world? They have ships too

Kobold

PleoMax said:
:__( It's not a pirates game? but, it looked like in that artwork i saw...

shit, so what is this? Pocahontas time? The New world? They have ships too
Hahaha, it's middle ages meets renaissance-style. Or whatever mix of those two that the Lionhead dudes thought up. It's a unique world.

What kind of mother to be fights dragons while pregnant? Shouldn't the government go medivial on her for putting her unborn child in jeopardy like that?

PleoMax

Banned
4 min into the Peter molineux Fable 2 thing on gamespot, and...wtf, isn't this guy being a bit dramatic? Wtf. Kinda weird, never saw a Dev speak like this.

Kobold

PleoMax said:
4 min into the Peter molineux Fable 2 thing on gamespot, and...wtf, isn't this guy being a bit dramatic? Wtf. Kinda weird, never saw a Dev speak like this.
Meet Peet. :D

FFChris

Confidence Man said:
NICE. The very end of the video shows the city, and some quick cuts of forest areas and ruins. Looks really good. :D

I agree.

Watching the demonstration was far more satisfying that hearing about the features. I mean, you can own a pub!

I can finally own my dream pub, 'The Drunken Whore'.

PleoMax

Banned
"(...)i set up lionhead to innovate and to push, ok, and people can look at us and say -you fool why did you do that-, but thats why we exist, thats why lionhead was made, and i hope thats why Ms aquired us(...)"

This with a dramatic voice. This guy is intense.

RPS37

15 minutes into the gamespot video...
oh my god, I love Peter. He's freakin ridiculous.

update: at 23 minutes...that poor limping dog... I'm sold.

Bildi

Poor Peter - he's really a harmless poor bastard but sometimes I just can't relate to him.

He talks things up so much that when it comes, people go "oh, is that it?". If he would just say "here, we're putting a dog in", people would probably say "that sounds neat".

He has this odd approach which I've seen in people of "oh here's something that should be amazing, but you won't think it is at first, so don't make a snap judgment but listen to me an I'll tell you how great it is".

Just let people discover on their own.

I'm sure Fable 2 will be great. I really liked Fable 1 a whole lot - it was a bit short but that's usually a sign that you really enjoyed it and would like more. I only watched the video about a minute after the dog was introduced (got pretty bored by that time - WAY too much talking) but the dog looked good and I like the idea. I think it will provide for some great memorable moments, but dear god does Peter likes to talk things up like the second coming of Jesus (which has already happened in the Paper Mario thread). :lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sounds really cool. Look how many people around here claimed to have formed some deep bond with the horse in SOTC, this steps that up by a factor of 100.

I refuse to get excited for this game unti its out. I bought a Xbox for Fable 1 based on Peter and it competely dissappointed me.

mollipen

Bildi said:
Poor Peter - he's really a harmless poor bastard but sometimes I just can't relate to him.

He talks things up so much that when it comes, people go "oh, is that it?". If he would just say "here, we're putting a dog in", people would probably say "that sounds neat".

He has this odd approach which I've seen in people of "oh here's something that should be amazing, but you won't think it is at first, so don't make a snap judgment but listen to me an I'll tell you how great it is".

Just let people discover on their own.

You've never seen a Steve Jobs keynote, have you? We mere humans can't comprehend the fully glory and wonder of Apple products until Steve has fully explained said glory and wonder to us. Then, we wonder how we ever lived without such a thing, and hate ourselves for not having one yet.

Top Bottom