• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

Darryl

Banned
Wtf? It seems like there is no way to remove those automatically generated "participates in bla event" posts on your wall if those events are public. Shit doesn't even show up on my timeline anywhere. I despise that clunky piece of shit website..

/it's not even in my Activity Log/on my timeline, but it's still all over the place in other people's feeds (I have my gf's account logged in on my tablet)..

i found out about this recently as well. was invited to a group as a joke from internet friends and was just being offensive when my real life friends started liking my stuff. i was talking (joking) about how my mom was a pot addict and couldn't leave home without it. had no idea real life peeps could see that. but ya, really annoying stuff. no privacy on facebook.

Raiden

Banned
So i just reported something probably for the first time in my life. A picture of a black soccerplayer that some asshole photoshopped the head of a monkey on.

The entire page is an anti soccerclub page, and is full of stuff like that. Facebook responded and decided that the picture was not offensive.

I mean what the fuck.

Jzero

So i just reported something probably for the first time in my life. A picture of a black soccerplayer that some asshole photoshopped the head of a monkey on.

The entire page is an anti soccerclub page, and is full of stuff like that. Facebook responded and decided that the picture was not offensive.

I mean what the fuck.

I've reported a couple of underage nudes but they didn't do anything about it because they covered the nipples. I mean wtf, it's pretty disturbing seeing an underage girl do that even with nipples covered.

Raiden

Banned
I've reported a couple of underage nudes but they didn't do anything about it because they covered the nipples. I mean wtf, it's pretty disturbing seeing an underage girl do that even with nipples covered.

People post messed up stuff on Facebook man. There is this girl i have on my facebook that uploaded a ton of pictures of her kids bathing. I mean sure its innocent and all but not when that stuff pops on the wall while i got the thing hooked to my television.

And then there is this insanely gorgeous girl that i met and she added me on FB, first thing i read on her wall is asking where she can download movies. And people are just linking torrentsites for all to see.

Not going tot report that though. But that racist bullshit fuck that.

Logged into my mom's Facebook for her and saw this on Saturday.

New design incoming?

It was on a desktop browser btw.

Apparently from what I've heard they're pushing the new feed layout to people who are casual users or barely use the site, which explains why a ton of my friends who aren't active already got it but I'm still waiting for the new feed and Graph Search.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I practically block everything on Facebook. I only use it to get updates from websites like National Geographic, NASA, architecture stuff, etc.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I got the new timeline/profile layout today. It'll take some getting used to. I really liked the last iteration with the various sections — About, Places, Likes, etc. Now they're all kind of jammed together on one page. I know that this is just "resistance to change" on my part to an extent, but things feel a bit messy.

The fact that "watched" and "liked" are a separate function for movies and shows is kind of weird. I mean, it makes sense — you wouldn't necessarily like everything you've seen — but I guess I just don't see the point of the "watched" thing.

RdN

I've subscribed for the new layout a long time ago but still haven't received it. :( I got the new search, though.

remz

Apparently from what I've heard they're pushing the new feed layout to people who are casual users or barely use the site, which explains why a ton of my friends who aren't active already got it but I'm still waiting for the new feed and Graph Search.

It seems like a kind of backward way to do it, but I guess by leaving the super users till last they can minimize outrage.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
ilWqLEgEljg92.jpg

*sigh*

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
After being upgraded to the new Timeline/profile page, I have this now:

D47EhEa.jpg

Very LiveJournal 2001-ish. I also have no idea where the watching/reading/etc. recommendations come from; I would imagine that they're intended to be tailored for the user (such as on the likes/recommendations page). The music ones sort of make sense for me, but the others are completely out of left field, so I don't know. Probably just because it's an unfinished feature.

To clarify, you can click each category and get a bunch of other options, along with a corresponding icon/emoticon, or specify your own.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What the fuck are you using Facebook then? Get Twitter.

Facebook is better. Twitter is just tweets, more clicks needed before I can figure out what the post is. Not comparable. On FB I see all the photos, headlines of the post, etc.

Meier

This is probably not new, but I have my Facebook account "linked" to my Amazon account to enter competitions and whatnot. I got a notification FROM Amazon earlier today about how I can get $5 off a purchase of over $25 for my birthday. As far as I know, this is the first time I've seen this kind of thing -- typically it would require some sort of app to give you an external notification. A new way to advertise that I imagine we'll see more and more of.

32157d8cb0e711e2bb2b22000ae90d63_7.jpg

Guri

Hey guys, just want to make sure: is Facebook slow just for me? I already tried changing browsers, DNS and restarting my router/cable modem. It works fine sometimes, but most of it, it takes a while to load or doesn't at all.

Do you have the same problem? If so, maybe they're preparing to change to the new interface?

panda21

has anyone else noticed facebook giving random notifications for stuff for no reason?

i first noticed it on android, where it will randomly give me a notification in my status bar for a share or status update someone did like a week ago. it doesn't seem to be close friends or anything like that, its just random people i barley pay any attention too.

theres also no option in android facebook for notifications about status updates/shares so I don't know why it is showing me them.

its also often things that I have definitely seen already so its not like its trying to show me things i missed.

they also show up on the website at the same time as in the android app, so i'm not sure if its just a general facebook problem or an android problem.

RotBot

has anyone else noticed facebook giving random notifications for stuff for no reason?

i first noticed it on android, where it will randomly give me a notification in my status bar for a share or status update someone did like a week ago. it doesn't seem to be close friends or anything like that, its just random people i barley pay any attention too.

theres also no option in android facebook for notifications about status updates/shares so I don't know why it is showing me them.

its also often things that I have definitely seen already so its not like its trying to show me things i missed.

they also show up on the website at the same time as in the android app, so i'm not sure if its just a general facebook problem or an android problem.

Same thing was happening to me on Android. I uninstalled the Facebook app and Messenger, then reinstalled Facebook without installing Messenger. Don't know if just the reinstall did it or deleting Messenger, but Messenger didn't have much benefit for me anyway.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Err, I can't be the only who has photos of random people in his Music's like page right? For Queen, I have some woman holding her chiwawa in her arms...

Niche question. Facebook places editor. I swear I used to be able to access a map showing me all the locations I had edited (like the places map in your profile/timeline), was this removed?

jts

...hate me...
Guys, I blocked some person's posts a while go, and have no idea how to go and undo it.

Google-fu is failing me, as I can find many different methods working only for previous versions of the constantly iterative Facebook.

Halp?

Dreaver

Yeah I don't understand why Facebook keeps letting us sign up and then rolling it out to people who don't know it exists before us.

I signed up about 1 week after it was possible... Still nothing.

I have a second fake account I share with friends and we never signed up for it.. and guess what? It got graph search.

Achtius

Stupid question about facebook.

So I got tagged in couple of pictures from the same date/place, but they appears in individual posts in my timeline. Is there any way to group them together?

They usually appear in an 'album' but they are just appearing as separate post D:

Joe

Facebook keeps texting me "There are 9 people you may know on Facebook. Send them friend requests....."

How the hell do I disable this?

I have text notifications off.

MIMIC

Banned
Great. -____- The new update removed the feature that allows you to search through publicly visible status updates. I always used this to peek at the chatter when it came to certain topics.

Is there away around this?

Symphonia

Banned
I actually think that looks rather neat. But I've always been kinda pro change on Facebook.
I only ever use Facebook on my iPhone so any cosmetic changes to my desktop Timeline won't really affect me. Changes to my mobile Timeline will, however, but I'm fine with how Facebook is on my phone.

linsivvi

I have just been forced to use the new interface, which is buggy. It won't save the positions of my custom lists after moving them to the top. They just revert back to the bottom every time I refresh the page. Sometimes they even disappear in the sidebar.

Horrible, horrible design.

LogicStep

So wtf is going on. I have the review option enabled yet some people can still post straight into my timeline without me reviewing the post. This shit is not cool as I have friends that will post some retarded shit that I don't want to ever show up without me allowing it.

kehs

Banned
So I just started using facebook.

I prefer to call myself retarded rather than believe that you can't re size chat windows.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

malfcn

How many people have the black leftbar? My fiancee has it, but I do not.
And I am struggling to send a blast out to multiple friends. Is there no "click to add" - or do I really have to type everyone out?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Does anyone know how to block those godawful Bitstrips from showing in your feed? Everytime I think people are done with this fad, another friend discovers the app and starts posting them! :(

Top Bottom