• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBH

I'll give each and everyone of you $10 if this thread survives after 10 days.

Saw the new thread, decided to look what is inside, but your offer made me want in.

Have a gif I made yesterday, when the hedgehogs who live here woke up and recognized me.

hedgesoniccicmzsw.gif

Contributing to this thread by posting a pic and leaving as usual.
Happy spring fakers!

Edit:
Haha thread already dead. I keep my $10s.
youthinkthisisagame.jpg

NinjaBoiX

I just heard these guys on the radio, pretty sweet for a bunch of teenagers:

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?

UfAQPtn.jpg

Kind of poppy chorus, The Subways spring to mind, but there is some nice riffage in there, and a spunky female vocal never goes amiss.

I think I'll keep an eye on these guys.

PirateKing

Will you be cut if I say I don't like chocolate? Mostly sweet stuff in general.
My sister loves chocolate.

I love sour food. Hmmm yum.

I just heard these guys on the radio, pretty sweet for a bunch of teenagers:

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?

UfAQPtn.jpg

Kind of poppy chorus, The Subways spring to mind, but there is some nice riffage in there, and a spunky female vocal never goes amiss.

I think I'll keep an eye on these guys.

Woah time signatures. This isn't bad. Singing's odd.

Also I hate teenagers in bands. *jealous*

Also the Leagues Apart album actually exists what is happening

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

NinjaBoiX

Woah time signatures. This isn't bad. Singing's odd.
Yeah, it's unusual that they married fairly complex time signatures with really poppy melodies. Same with her voice, quite sweet and melodious but with a rough, raw edge. Just my stamp.

She doesn't nail it quite like the little lady can though.
This meaks mi cri evertim.

Let me just tell you that I don't like any Japanese band.
Haha, you should check out Hi-Standard if you like some punk. Totally quality.
I would if the sun were still up. You have more sun than me atm :(
It is shit up here like.

NinjaBoiX

Is Paramore punk? Cuz Hi-Standard reminds me of them. Actually, I haven't listened to Paramore in some years.
Well yeah, kind of, but probably more pop-punk/emo than anything. They've developed a more electro-tinged sound on the latest record as well, it's even more poppy than their earlier stuff.

They're a pop band really though let's be honest, just with a slightly punky sound.

PARAMORE ARE POP-ROCK THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EMO OR PUNK BLARGARHGARHAGHAGH

Was that a good parody of myself?

Yeah, it's unusual that they married fairly complex time signatures with really poppy melodies. Same with her voice, quite sweet and melodious but with a rough, raw edge. Just my stamp.

She doesn't nail it quite like the little lady can though.

Pfft, they both pale in comparison to El on this split

EDIT: Ugh. Brain has stopped working. Bluurgh.

NinjaBoiX

PARAMORE ARE POP-ROCK THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EMO OR PUNK BLARGARHGARHAGHAGH
Isn't emo just punk with really emotive, angsty lyrics?

And I don't know how you can say they have nothing to do with punk. I'm not suggesting they buy into the punk ethic or anything, far from it. But musically, in terms of song structure, chord progressions and such, they certainly are, particularly the first album.

Pop-rock is like the vaguest genre description ever.
Pfft, they both pale in comparison to El on this split
It was OK, but her voice is a bit limp and the drums weren't all that good. She needs a bit more grit and snarl in her inflection, and the guy on the tubs needs to hit harder and faster. I'm a sucker for tight drumming and a great vocal.
Thread is dead.

So soon.
It's those lazy yanks.

Isn't emo just punk with really emotive, angsty lyrics?

And I don't know how you can say they have nothing to do with punk. I'm not suggesting they buy into the punk ethic or anything, far from it. But musically, in terms of song structure, chord progressions and such, they certainly are, particularly the first album.

Pop-rock is like the vaguest genre description ever.
Did you not read the spoiler? :p

And nah, emo's an...interesting thing to define. There's the punkier stuff like Jawbreaker and stuff, but then there's all the twinklier stuff like You Blew It! and American Football. To be honest, I have no idea how to describe emo, but either way I wouldn't put Paramore in there. I think of it more of a tonal thing than an actual sound, if that makes sense? Though even then Jawbreaker's a bit too different from anything else. And now I'm rambling. I dunno.

It was OK, but her voice is a bit limp and the drums weren't all that good. She needs a bit more grit and snarl in her inflection, and the guy on the tubs needs to hit harder and faster. I'm a sucker for tight drumming and a great vocal.

You're dead to me. I played the El side of that split so much when it came out, that version of Ballroom is too goddamned great.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a waste of money for what I'm pretty sure is a bang bang sparkly adventure.

NinjaBoiX

Did you not read the spoiler? :p

And nah, emo's an...interesting thing to define. There's the punkier stuff like Jawbreaker and stuff, but then there's all the twinklier stuff like You Blew It! and American Football. To be honest, I have no idea how to describe emo, but either way I wouldn't put Paramore in there. I think of it more of a tonal thing than an actual sound, if that makes sense? Though even then Jawbreaker's a bit too different from anything else. And now I'm rambling. I dunno.
Yeah, I read the spoiler! :p

Fair enough, genres/sub-genres are an endlessly debatable subject really. Paramore are often lumped under "pop-punk/emo/alt-rock" on websites and such but I hear what you're saying.
You're dead to me. I played the El side of that split so much when it came out, that version of Ballroom is too goddamned great.
It was pretty good, just nothing jaw-dropping. And her voice is nice enough, it's just didn't butter my parsnips particularly.
I know a lot of you don't really like pop music, but this is beautiful.
Aww, Little Red. What a babe.
What does the B stand for?^^^
Kathleen Anne Brien.

Edit: beaten like a ginger stepchild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom