• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall '07 Anime Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave1988

Ahhh...Kodomo no Jikan. Pedobear's dream come true...

Hmmmm none of the series in OP's post interest me in the slightes. Oh well....I'll just watch my backloged anime.

Zalasta

I always enjoy FnordChan's preview thread, though it was pretty cruel of you to post the better shows towards the bottom, as I was getting desperate seeing how bland the season was going to be at first.

I wonder if the Shogi itself will be the central theme to Shion no Oh or if it'll end up supplementing the mystery. I'm itching for a Hikaru no Go-esque series.

Holtz

Blue Drop, maybe Dragonaut the Resonance, You're Under Arrest, Gundam 00, Shana 2 (maybe), Genshiken, Ghost Hound, Straight Jacket, VOTOMS and Neuro are all on my list. At least it sounds better than this current season.

Jason

Moonlight Mile Season 2: Touch Down (woot)
KimiKiss Pure Rouge (gets the benefit of the doubt)
Genshiken 2nd Series (yay)
Moyasimon: Tales of Agriculture (hopefully it won't have the same fate as Tetsuko no Tabi)
Ghost Hound (probably won't be anything special but it looks cool)

Branduil

I'll definitely check out Neuro, Clannad, and Ghost Hound. Maaaybe Sketchbook, Mokke, Gundam, and Minami-ke.

Oh, and the Hidamari OVA as well.

CLANNAD!!!!!!

Genshiken as well (thank god that Kujibiki crap is finished)

Straight Jacket looks interesting

Kodoma no Jikan is gathering quite a lot of interest from certain boards.. afaik *cough*

I've always liked Da Capo, but Da Capo SS was very crap, but i will give the new one a go.

Enron

Banned
You're Under Arrest.

You're Under Arrest.

You're Under Arrest.

Oh yeah, Gundam00, Shana 2, Rental Magica, that thing that looks lame but is from Nodame and Major director, and Ghost Hound.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i pretty much skipped summer season and have been waiting on spring stuff to finish up in a few weeks.

looks like about 4-5 here i may watch.

everytime i think i'm burned out they suck me back in :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Nice thread FnordChan!

Of course looking forward to Gundam 00 but I hope one of the other "action"-y ones turns out to be good.

Defuser

Too much female anime shows!!!!! Wheres the hot blooded manly action shows?!?!?!

Manly shows for me to watch:
Gundam 00
Straight Jacket

Others for me to watch:
Shakugan no Shana
You're Under Arrest

Defuser said:
Wheres the hot blooded manly action shows?!?!?!

Gurren Lagann is still airing, no one wants to attempt to even show anything manly until it is done.

next season is going to be a plethora of manly shows.

and I am sad not everyone is listing Genshiken as a must watch.

http://www.ibiblio.org/phil/fnordchan/anime07/jenny.jpg

Kawaii! Jenny - AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT BURNS! YouTube. MY EYES!

That looks awesome. I wonder if anyone will sub it, but I have a feeling it might be more awesome to watch it unsubbed.

I'll watch Genshiken. Seeing familiar characters in the sea of shit, I can't help but feel feel nice inside. I have no school girl fetish, but maybe i'll also check out KimiKiss Pure Rouge because of the director.

Zyzyxxz

man I feel like nothing in anime makes me excited anymore,

Currently watching Claymore (the series just killed itself),
Darker Than Black (really great mystery but moves kinda slow, good stories though).

Gonna check out:

Straight jacket, looks cool
Gundam 00 - I know its gonna suck but I'll just watch a few episodes

bloke

Well the only obvious watch for me is Ghost Hound, somehow doubting it will be good as Lain or Kino though, but we'll see.
Will skip on Genshiken II, didn't really like where later manga is going anyway.
Clannad, ef and even slightly generic DC II are far from crap really, both Clannad and ef have nice set of characters and good atmosphere, though final explanation/ending in Clannad failed to deliver imo and ef well...they only released half of the game, too bad Shinkai isn't involved in actual anime since he made great OP for the game. Won't watch any of that though despite good production values I see in trailers (lack of time and will), but might check KimiKiss for director's name sake. Blue Drop, Mokke and Shion no Oh all look fairly interesting to check at least first episode.
As for Kodomo no Jikan, even I felt guilty a bit while reading manga, I mean it's probably the most blatant in-your-face regular lolicon thing I've read (regular as in not counting guro and semi-H stuff like Tokyo Redhood...) but again somehow I couldn't say it's utter crap due to funny bits and well... overall cuteness, there is hot big-boobed teacher in there aswell :p.

Totakeke

Fast pacing? All I know that the last episodes I watched, ep12, feels like a filler and a terrible one at that. I know it's targeted at kids, but still that episode was horrible with all the "preaching" and silliness. They have also making up all kinds of stuffs in the last few episodes that makes me feel there isn't much of a coherent world design going on anymore.

Fireblend

Banned
7Th said:

Lightning effects! Everywhere! Looking good, but I'm gonna have to wait until I start to see what shows people are focusing on before deciding what to watch. This season looks so uninteresting for now, probably this is the only thing I care about so far. Straitjacket looks good, but I doubt I'd like it. Still will check it out, tho.

Shouta

So for anyone interested in Dragonaut ~The Resonance~, a blurb about ep 1 and its title has showed up on the site. My quickie translation.

Episode 1: Resonance -Hand in Hand-

Two years ago, Kamishina Jin was the miraculous sole survivor of a shuttle crash enroute to the Moon in which his father was the pilot. Ever since then, he has been the focal point for critcism and speculation. One day, Jin by chance was at the scene of several murders. Followed by the assailants, he was saved by a lone girl named Toa. As if guided by fate, these two have fallen for each other. What could this encounter mean and what could come of it?

Holtz

Shouta said:
So for anyone interested in Dragonaut ~The Resonance~, a blurb about ep 1 and its title has showed up on the site. My quickie translation.

Two years ago, Kamishina Jin was the miraculous sole survivor of a shuttle crash enroute to the Moon in which his father was the pilot. Ever since then, he has been the focal point for critcism and speculation. One day, Jin by chance was at the scene of several murders. Followed by the assailants, he was saved by a lone girl named Toa. As if guided by fate, these two have fallen for each other. What could this encounter mean and what could come of it?
That blurb doesn't sound very encouraging. :/

Branduil

Shouta said:

Sounds super-generic. I mean, there's almost nothing of any substance in that, at all. It's all vague "mysterious" plot elements assorted at random.

Shouta

Branduil said:
Sounds super-generic. I mean, there's almost nothing of any substance in that, at all. It's all vague "mysterious" plot elements assorted at random.

That's because there's no story outline in it. Give me a few, I'll translate what the Japanese wikipedia entry says.

Shouta

Dragonaut Story:

In the near future, humanity is faced with unprecedented crisis. They are fighting a war against Thanatos, an entity hailing from the depths of space. It was a battle to avoid total annihiliation for humanity. There was no other means in which they could battle it and it seemed like all that was left was the path of ruin for humans. However, there was one weapon left to stand in opposition to this. It was the ISDA's (I think the long string of kanji prior to it is the full name for the ISDA) secret D-project.

There's a bit more to it but it might be a bigger spoiler. It also mentions what occurs in the first ep with Toa and Jin. Quickie translation so it might not be exact. Should give you the gist of it.

Fireblend

Banned
Shouta said:
Dragonaut Story:

In the near future, humanity is faced with unprecedented crisis. They are fighting a war against Thanatos, an entity hailing from the depths of space. It was a battle to avoid total annihiliation for humanity. There was no other means in which they could battle it and it seemed like all that was left was the path of ruin for humans. However, there was one weapon left to stand in opposition to this. It was the ISDA's (I think the long string of kanji prior to it is the full name for the ISDA) secret D-project.

There's a bit more to it but it might be a bigger spoiler. It also mentions what occurs in the first ep with Toa and Jin. Quickie translation so it might not be exact. Should give you the gist of it.

That still sounds awfully generic, you know :lol still as I said, most shows seem really uninspired so I'll wait for a bit after they start airing. Oh and thanks for the translation.

Shouta

Fireblend said:
That still sounds awfully generic, you know :lol still as I said, most shows seem really uninspired so I'll wait for a bit after they start airing. Oh and thanks for the translation.

Everything sounds generic. It's pretty hard NOT to sound generic in this day and age. I mean come on, Gurren sounded generic in its descriptions when it was first announced and see how the first half turned out. =p

Best to see it first if anything it sounds remotely interesting and go from there.

I miss fansubs... I have not been able to watch any new stuff for almost 11 months now.
I'm not sure when my life will settle down to a point where I can spend on high speed internets again :(

next year someone here will have to tell me what I have missed

til then I HATE YOU ALL!

Smiles and Cries said:
I miss fansubs... I have not been able to watch any new stuff for almost 11 months now.
I'm not sure when my life will settle down to a point where I can spend on high speed internets again :(

next year someone here will have to tell me what I have missed

til then I HATE YOU ALL!

I dont know if I can post it or not, but I have a site that could help you out

Branduil

Shouta said:
Everything sounds generic. It's pretty hard NOT to sound generic in this day and age. I mean come on, Gurren sounded generic in its descriptions when it was first announced and see how the first half turned out. =p

Best to see it first if anything it sounds remotely interesting and go from there.
That's true... but that still sounds REALLY generic. Mysterious enemy with a name stolen from western mythology- check. Humanity nearly doomed- check. Mysterious superweapon- check.

Shouta

Branduil said:
That's true... but that still sounds REALLY generic. Mysterious enemy with a name stolen from western mythology- check. Humanity nearly doomed- check. Mysterious superweapon- check.

True, but I can't resist a show that has a character named Howling Star.

FnordChan

DJ Crimson said:
Does anybody have any idea what Bamboo Blade is about?

Courtesy of Baka-Updates's quote from another website describing the manga:

Kojirou is the kendo instructor at Muro'e High School. He is totally broke. He has agreed to send his team to a competition against his senpai's team. If his all female team can win the competition, he will have free meals for a year! But, the problem is that Kojirou seems unable to find five, gifted girls to form the "dream team"--and time is running out...

FnordChan

Kyoufu

I'm going to check out the first season of Genshiken, if it sucks, I'll blame the OP.

Straight Jacket looks interesting, but I'll be watching Shakugan No Shana II primarily as the first season was great.

Kyoufu said:
I'm going to check out the first season of Genshiken, if it sucks, I'll blame the OP.

Straight Jacket looks interesting, but I'll be watching Shakugan No Shana II primarily as the first season was great.

Genshiken is awesome! Doubt you'll hate it. Hmm, going to keep an eye on Moyasimon, Kimikiss, and of course Genshiken. Can't wait for these to come out.

You guys made such a big deal out of Kodomo no Jikan, I had to check it out. It was really boring, nothing happened at all. The pervy stuff was only implied, so it was pretty tame too. Anyway, I hope it's not a whole series, cause the OVA was retarded. Not even pedos could like it.

v1cious

Banned
i can't wait till the anime community gets to be introduced to Neuro:lol. he's basically detective Conan... if Conan was an evil asshole:D . this will be the sleeper hit of the fall, not only does it have an extremely twisted sense of humor, but it's being done by freaking Madhouse!

vareon

Genshiken 2 will be a definite watch to me, and Gundam OO too. As for the others, I'll wait for impressions.

in hopes of killing off the Summer 07 thread, ill just talk about Darker Than Black ep 23 here.

it seems like
that lense is something that augments power, kind of like the philosophers stone in FMA.

Defuser

Yesterday Overdrive ep 14 and 15 were subbed.

So was I wrong when I say that the good stuff only start at ep11/12?It's been a interesting race from ep11 to 24.

I haven't watched anime in so long because it's so uninteresting now. Everything is so hackneyed or trite that I just get tired of watching the same thing.

I was surprised to hear about a Maple Story anime. It's probably going to be terrible. It seems like a dot hack rip-off, but it might have an original story. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom