• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall '07 Anime Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Dennou Coil 14 is out.

rock.gif

Holtz

v1cious said:
i can't wait till the anime community gets to be introduced to Neuro:lol. he's basically detective Conan... if Conan was an evil asshole:D . this will be the sleeper hit of the fall, not only does it have an extremely twisted sense of humor, but it's being done by freaking Madhouse!
You know recently Madhouse killed DMC and butchered the Claymore anime, right? :/
Shit, sorry for the double post.

Beezy

Jason said:
Dennou Coil 14 is out.

rock.gif
Holtz said:
15 and 16 are too. I just watched them :D
What?! I'd usually notice this right away, but One Piece is causing me to fall behind on my anime watching. I have 5 episodes of Bokurano waiting to be watched. :mad:

Holtz said:
You know recently Madhouse killed DMC and butchered the Claymore anime, right? :/
So sad. :(

Holtz

Beezy said:
What?! I'd usually notice this right away, but One Piece is causing me to fall behind on my anime watching. I have 5 episodes of Bokurano waiting to be watched. :mad:

So sad. :(
Anonymous from 4chan subbed it. .Ass files only.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
RadioHeadAche said:
I haven't watched anime in so long because it's so uninteresting now. Everything is so hackneyed or trite that I just get tired of watching the same thing.

I was surprised to hear about a Maple Story anime. It's probably going to be terrible. It seems like a dot hack rip-off, but it might have an original story. Who knows.
The contradictions in this post are full of irony.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just Straight Jacket, Genshiken 2 and Gundam00 for me. Gundam00 ads are all over TV lately...in HD glory. So sexcellent.

Defuser

Kyoufu

Bebpo said:
Thank you Gonzo for ruining my childhood memories of a good romance story.

HUGE FUCKING SPOILER FOR ROMEO x JULIET ANIME
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/rjspoiler.jpg

Wow :lol

I avoid anything to do with Romeo x Juliet (aside from Basilisk that is) simply because the ending is always the fucking same, whats the point of watching another adaptation?

BTW why do people say Madhouse butchered Claymore? What did you guys prefer? A cockpunch Berserk style ending?

Bebpo

Banned
Defuser said:
Zetsubo Sensei ep 7 is out subbed,zomg Yuko Goto voice is too cute when she do that delightful sound.

Found another Zetsubo Sensei Parody featuring Phoenix Wright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQzsrZfev8

Dokuro Chan Parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9w465VJ5Y

GGG parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwpDBqbd-vw&mode=related&search=

Persona 3 parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhimOpwvzQ

One piece parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJiJRrW2yQ4

The OP one was the best if you're up to date with the current arc.

Jason

Bebpo said:
Tokyo Majin S2 ep9: THIS IS HOW YOU DO ACTION FINALE.

I have not seen an ep so badass since Berserk.

Just finished watching ep8. About time they delved into those character's backgrounds.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I stopped watching Moribito and just grabbed episodes. I'll sit down and watch it all in a marathon when it finishes.

Damn.. sad to see him go. RIP.

duckroll

Beezy

Bebpo said:
Stuff happens in every ep!

Seirei is one of the best shows of 2007 IMO.
Agreed.
I just wish that there were more fight scenes like the one between Jiguro and his friend in ep. 21.

Defuser

Darker than Black ep 24 = :O :O :O

We got a crapload of contractors died including Amagiri,Wei and Mao.Huang died,Amber is now a super cute chibi loli and Mai the fire contractor is back!!!

Jason

Defuser said:

We got a crapload of contractors died including Amagiri,Wei and Mao.Huang died,Amber is now a super cute chibi loli and Mai the fire contractor is back!!!

back for a minute or 2 at least.
:lol

And Tokyo Majin 9 was crazy crazy crazy. Next episode should be a blast. :D

Defuser said:

only one more episode, all my shows are ending!

maybe now I can finally catch up on Hayate and Hanayome.

Defuser

Linkzg said:
only one more episode, all my shows are ending!
Let's see what shows are already ended/going to end...

Seto No Hanayome - 1 ep
Tokyo Majin Season 2 - 3 ep
Darker Than Black - 2ep
Gurren Lagann - 1ep
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Last Week
OverDrive - This Week
School Days(Nice Boat!) - 1 ep
Claymore - 1/2 ep
Zero No Tsukaima - This week
Nagasarete Airantou - 1 ep
Lucky Star - Last Week
Lovely Complex - 2 ep
Zombie Loan - Last Week
D'Gray man - 1 ep

Majority of it are from Spring :( Spring is super awesome.

Bebpo

Banned
End of the season, yay!

Romeo x Juliet = fail. Ending was lame like everything towards the end of the show. The anime barely uses anything from the source material and instead just ripped off anime ciches and Eva. No man tears in this version of RxJ :\

Bokurano = slightly thumbs up. Ending fit with the mood of the 2nd half of the series. I know a lot of people will probably hate the anime, especially the manga fans, but IMO it's a hell of a lot deeper and proper literary material (thought it's still just ok, or 1 thumb up) than the manga. Everything in the last few eps was very subdued and the show didn't jump out and go "OMG LOOK AT THIS". Instead things happened and it's left to the viewer to dive into the material presented and pick up the themes, character changes, and what are the things the director is trying to say to the viewers and about the world in general these days. My only disappointment, that I hope is fixed in the manga (though I doubt it),
Is that they never went into the bigger picture of how this game started, and if anyone will be able to "end" it. In all honesty, to the point of Bokurano, this doesn't matter as it's outside the scope of the tale; but it's still a point that drives my curiosity.

Tomorrow is Oh Edo Rocket, yay!

Defuser said:
Let's see what shows are already ended/going to end...

Seto No Hanayome - 1 ep
Tokyo Majin Season 2 - 3 ep
Darker Than Black - 2ep
Gurren Lagann - 1ep
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Last Week
OverDrive - This Week
School Days(Nice Boat!) - 1 ep
Claymore - 1/2 ep
Zero No Tsukaima - This week
Nagasarete Airantou - 1 ep
Lucky Star - Last Week
Lovely Complex - 2 ep
Zombie Loan - Last Week
D'Gray man - 1 ep

Majority of it are from Spring :( Spring is super awesome.

Actually Darker Than Black only has 1 more, and Tokyo Majin S2 only has 1 more (there are two after that but they are post-show epilogues. The show ends friday). Pretty much everything is ending this week. Which means new shows next week! (but they all suck -_-)

Defuser

Looks like School Days ep 12 is airing tomorrow 11.30pm GMT+9,the final episode of whether it will be redeem or not!!! I hoping for Makoto Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom