• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall '07 Anime Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linkzg said:
they spend money on things they know will get viewers, it isnt like they care about quality.
Somehow I doubt that. At this point I'm sure they've realized they are never going to get the viewers they want or think they will get. Point in case: Eureka Seven, ect.

7Th

ninj4junpei said:
Somehow I doubt that. At this point I'm sure they've realized they are never going to get the viewers they want or think they will get. Point in case: Eureka Seven, ect.

FMA was a hit, though.

7Th said:
FMA was a hit, though.
True. Does anybody know where I might find Adult Swim ratings for saturdays? I know AS posts them sometimes. I feel like I'm pulling generalizations out of my ass, so I'd like to see the facts, if possible.

Askia47

FMA Seemed fine to me. And the viewership on saturdays is usually low, when they post it, its in the 250,000-200,000 range.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Elfforkusu said:
All I know is, if they don't pick up Gurren Lagann I'm never watching Adult Swim again.

I don't have cable right now

Most thought they should of went after Black Lagoon also. Didn't happen. I can only pray

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Askia47 said:
FMA Seemed fine to me. And the viewership on saturdays is usually low, when they post it, its in the 250,000-200,000 range.
The numbers haven't been that low in a while. The high end shows tend to draw between 300k-500k on Saturdays. Granted, it's rare for the shows that reach the highest levels to be anime (it's usually Futurama when it gets to the higher end of that scale), but it does happen.

Bleach had a week a couple months ago with over 600,000, and one of Death Note's premieres has already drawn a 400,000.

Still, ratings were at their peak in the first half of the original FMA run, where FMA and Inuyasha were both able to get up over 700,000.

Also, those numbers are only for 18-34. If you expand the numbers to cover all viewers, the numbers jump way the hell up into the millions. Shows like Bleach especially have a great deal of draw with the 12-17 audience.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Elfforkusu said:
All I know is, if they don't pick up Gurren Lagann I'm never watching Adult Swim again.

I don't have cable right now
ADV has Gurren Lagann. There's almost no chance of Adult Swim getting it anytime soon. ADV doesn't play well with others, and the only two shows Adult Swim has ever gotten from ADV they were allowed to have because ADV kept a different/better version to air on their own network.

Chances are the next major series they'll get after Geass will be Darker than BLACK. There's been talk of that getting a TV run ever since it was licensed, and it's the exact kind of thing FUNimation would give Adult Swim.

mAcOdIn

Masta_Killah said:
Check the last few pages.

Genshiken season 2= Best comedy show of the season.
I agree, I'm glad some of you guys were pimping it because I had never heard of it or seen the first season(which I guess goes without saying if I'd never heard of it). Now I've got half the mangas and am getting ready to buy season 1 next week. I'll be sad to see it finish but at least that means it'll end on a high note as opposed to dragging on like say, oh I don't know Bleach for example(my opinion of course but the excitement I had for the whole S.S. arc is gone and now I watch it just to watch it, I have to see it through).

I'm counting on you guys to keep me entertained next season!

Ookiku Furikabutte episode 12 was great, the show is constantly getting better and I think it is on the path to being one of the best sports anime up there with Ippo.

I really liked how
Mihashi was in the background in the last scene shaking because he wanted to play catch with Hama, but they never even mentioned it at all, he just stood there until the episode ended.

Linkzg said:
Ookiku Furikabutte episode 12 was great, the show is constantly getting better and I think it is on the path to being one of the best sports anime up there with Ippo.

I really liked how
Mihashi was in the background in the last scene shaking because he wanted to play catch with Hama, but they never even mentioned it at all, he just stood there until the episode ended.

Ookiku Furikabutte is pretty good. It has a pretty good story and the tension on the mound is excellent. The only thing I dislike is Mihashi. For the love of god, grow some fucking balls and quit crying like a little b. He's starting to get on my nerves! :lol

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Kyoufu said:
Oh my god :O

Clannad is the best show this season.

edit: the cake is a lie, I see no lesbian line in the episode :( Die defuser.

I just watched 3 Clannad episodes in a row to get to ep10. Die defuser!

Masta_Killah said:
Ookiku Furikabutte is pretty good. It has a pretty good story and the tension on the mound is excellent. The only thing I dislike is Mihashi. For the love of god, grow some fucking balls and quit crying like a little b. He's starting to get on my nerves! :lol

he has gotten much better since the first episode, he doesnt cry when he talks to people now. Atleast they kind of explain why is he such a social misfit, I mean when he was young he played baseball with some kids, but after that he went from having no friends to being hated by his team, just now he is again experiencing friends.

and I did laugh really hard when he called Hama Hama-chan and he got all happy over the nostalgia, I also think him and Abe balance each other out now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ookiku Furikabutte has been non stop awesome since the first game they had. The only thing I really dislike is that teacher and his meditation stuff. I always feel like it drags on way too long.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Linkzg said:

I really liked how
2nd Favorite show of the year for me. I was sold since I saw the OP. Loved it since.
I think the main cast balances each other out nicely. You have Mihashi to Abe and Hanai to Tajima. for the main four. Kind of dissapointed with the lack of emphaizing the other characters but for the most part those 4 are great. See but my problem is, I don't know where Hama fits in. I kept thinking he is going to join the team or something instead of being on cheer squad

shintoki said:
2nd Favorite show of the year for me. I was sold since I saw the OP. Loved it since.
I think the main cast balances each other out nicely. You have Mihashi to Abe and Hanai to Tajima. for the main four. Kind of dissapointed with the lack of emphaizing the other characters but for the most part those 4 are great. See but my problem is, I don't know where Hama fits in. I kept thinking he is going to join the team or something instead of being on cheer squad

at first I thought that
Hama was this really good player who was going to join the team, but as the episode went on it seems like he is truly gonna be part of the cheer squad. I mean, he was shocked that players were hitting those fastballs and he was beat after one day of only running. I dont think that the anime tries to make super complex characters whos parents died in a war so they can play baseball or some shit like that, most of the characters just seem like they are pure in their interest of baseball.

and I really have to applaude it for not having a match against Abe's teammate, I was so used to normal sports anime that I was sure they would be matched up and there would be a drawn out segment where Mihashi learns why Abe didnt like the pitcher or something like that.

S. L.

Busaiku said:
Do we get more Hosaka?
no, its a makoto/mako-chan ep
also a new 'minami' character is introduced. not a real minami thou.

Masta_Killah said:
Checking it out right now. WTF at the first episode! :lol
wait till you see ep4 with the Ninomiya/Sensei Dorma Videogame :lol :lol

mAcOdIn

So I just watched Clannad 1 through 10 today and holy crap! I thought it wasn't going to be my type of show but I really liked it and damn was episode 9 heavy.

7Th

MetatronM said:
So it seems Studio BONES' spring series this year will be Soul Eater. Interesting.

Wonder if they will actually bring in the worthwhile animation staff this time around, specially considering that other than Skullman's final confrontation this wasn't a good year for Bones' TV visuals. I guess their big names were all busy in Stranger.

Core staff:

Director: Igarashi Takuya (Nadja, Host Club, Gash Bell)
Series Composition: Yamatoya Akatsuki (Simoun, Jinzo Konchu Kabuto Borg VxV)
Character Design: Itou Yoshiyuki (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Concept Design: Aramaki Shinji (Gasaraki, Project Blue Earth SOS)
Main Prop Design: Hoshino Takeshi (...)
Art Director: Nakamura Norifumi (Host Club, Zombie Loan)
Animation Production: BONES

Yoboman

So, when does the Winter 08 season start and will there be anything good?

I haven't seen a new Anime since the Spring season, talk about being lacklustre

7Th

Yoboman said:
So, when does the Winter 08 season start and will there be anything good?

I haven't seen a new Anime since the Spring season, talk about being lacklustre

It's not really much better...

Genshiken ep10 is out. I have mixed feelings about this one. I liked the first half, which was very close to what was in the manga. But the second half was just all sorts of weird and completely different from the tone of the manga. Good episode, just not as good as past episodes.

Dali

Defuser said:
Kaiji is one sly bastard manage to get out of the hellpit at the last minute.

I saw the episode yesterday, but if I hadn't your lack of spoiler-tags would have been greatly unappreciated.

Kaiji is turning out to be okay. It is really really pissing me off that
he doesn't just wail on his "partners" for sending him off to die. A knee and a bitch slap doesn't cut it. Then he cries like a little bitch and throws away all the money - the reason he was on this hell cruise to begin with - on some sniveling candy-ass that wasn't worth it in the first place. His patience is God-like and it is really annoying. He became friends with the cock-sucker that put him in that situation to begin with. His fat fuck partner betrays him, and he understandably looks the other way. Then he fucking keeps putting his neck out for these losers, when they've proven more than once they can't be trusted. Kaiji's patience better pay-off soon, so he'll be vindicated for his naivety and selflessness, but until that happens, I almost hate him as much as his piece of shit partners.

Banned
Dali said:
I saw the episode yesterday, but if I hadn't your lack of spoiler-tags would have been greatly unappreciated.

Kaiji is turning out to be okay. It is really really pissing me off that
he doesn't just wail on his "partners" for sending him off to die. A knee and a bitch slap doesn't cut it. Then he cries like a little bitch and throws away all the money - the reason he was on this hell cruise to begin with - on some sniveling candy-ass that wasn't worth it in the first place. His patience is God-like and it is really annoying. He became friends with the cock-sucker that put him in that situation to begin with. His fat fuck partner betrays him, and he understandably looks the other way. Then he fucking keeps putting his neck out for these losers, when they've proven more than once they can't be trusted. Kaiji's patience better pay-off soon, so he'll be vindicated for his naivety and selflessness, but until that happens, I almost hate him as much as his piece of shit partners.
I think Kaiji acted that way, becuase deep down he knows he would have done the same. Every step of the way he acted with an ulterior purpose and motive. The only selfless thing he did on the ship was save that man in the other room

Dali

I think Kaiji acted that way, becuase deep down he knows he would have done the same. Every step of the way he acted with an ulterior purpose and motive. The only selfless thing he did on the ship was save that man in the other room

What about going to the room in the first place? What about not bailing on his partners when that guy that cheated him in the beginning gave him the chance to get a third star? Kaiji is a sap.

Orodreth

LegatoB said:
That's adorable. You think the American anime market is just like it was in 2002.

haha, in this case is just pure ignorance on my side, i watch very few anime series, dont follow the market and in my country it takes even more time for them to be published i think.

I dont know if/when the anime was finished in Japan and i dont know if it by now is not licensed outside it means it wont be period. Thats why i asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom