• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

I still can't believe we went from speculating about the game, to having it launch in the span of 6 months.

I'm ready.

That's how games should be announced tbh. It could be very frustrating for us but it's better than end up being dissapointed over and over again with delays after delays or revealing a game practically when they begin development and then go dead silent for years. (Zelda U, FFVII Remake, The Last Guardian, etc.)

As hyped as I am for this game, I will have to wait until end of November to play it thanks to work and Legacy of the void. But hopefully I can find a nice deal on black friday!

SliChillax

Started playing New Vegas for the first time on PC. Liking it so far but god damn the visuals and animations are bad even for PS2 standards. Bring on Fallout 4!

ezekial45

Banned
That's how games should be announced tbh. It could be very frustrating for us but it's better than end up being dissapointed over and over again with delays after delays or revealing a game practically when they begin development and then go dead silent for years. (Zelda U, FFVII Remake, The Last Guardian, etc.)

Unfortunately, not every game can do it this way. For the most part, they announce games and release a steady stream of info (trailers, press impressions, dev diaries, etc) a year or two in advance to get interest built up for the audience. While it would be great to have every game do it this way, they can't as it would be too risky for them not to create buzz.

Very few games have the chance at keeping things minimal and have it on a smaller announcement to release window. The only one that I can think of that does this consistently is CoD. Fallout, and TES for that matter, are now a part of the few elite franchises that allow it a smaller announcement to release schedule. Mostly because we had about two years worth of hype and speculation that helped build up interest for Bethesda.

joecanada

It will be buggy as fuck and you'll play and love it anyway because Fallout

the game itself never takes itself too seriously so the only reason to get mad is when you forget to save. otherwise the bugs are mostly hilarious....

*walking along minding own business* "your follower has died" *WTF

Hasney

the game itself never takes itself too seriously so the only reason to get mad is when you forget to save. otherwise the bugs are mostly hilarious....

*walking along minding own business* "your follower has died" *WTF

Forgot to save OR forgot to have multiple saves and you saved after a nasty bug that stops you from progressing.

BouncyFrag

I still can't believe we went from speculating about the game, to having it launch in the span of 6 months.

I'm ready.
For balance to be restored to the universe we will have to wait three years from announcement to release of the next Elder Scrolls game.

Now that it has gone gold i think we can expect some gameplay videos to release. not that i want them so badly, i rather not see anything at all. But you'd think some kind of marketing has to start by now, although...this game markets itself pretty nicely i bet.

Kolx

Finished TW3 and MGS:V in the previous couple of weeks so ready for Fallout 4. Fallout 4 will suck more than the time I spent on both of them combined tho.

mujun

Finally!

Gotta admit I was getting nervous.

I hope they release a video or two to tide those hungry for content over.

Krakn3Dfx

homer-excited.png

This and Just Cause 3, the only 2 games I care about the rest of the year.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
oh man, just hurry up and release!

whenever a game is announced to have been completed/gone gold then it's time to black out. haven't been following it much so i know very little when i play the game but now that it's shipping there will definitely be people getting copies early and posting spoilers.

going in my vault now. i'll be out after the bombs have dropped.

Se_7_eN

My hype for this game is insane... Just thinking back on the exploration of Fallout 3, and the thought of exploring the new Wasteland has me so damn excited!

MikeyB

That's a great first step. Let me know when it is free enough of bugs to be playable and I'll start caring about the game. Remember the save file size in Fallout 3 and resulting loading times? Wow.

Matush

Anyone know the review embargo date?
IIRC Danny O Dwyer from Gamespot said in his Fallout 3 stream he heard that review copies will come well in advance (he hopes to do Fallout 4 stream for charity (Extra Life) 1 week before release). So we will see.

Hasney

IIRC Danny O Dwyer from Gamespot said in his Fallout 3 stream he heard that review copies will come well in advance (he hopes to do Fallout 4 stream for charity (Extra Life) 1 week before release). So we will see.

Fuck. Time to get in my internet proof spoiler bunker around that time.

Glad that it's going to reviewers early, would have thought it would have been slightly embargoed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom