• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Pop

As much as I actually like the visuals of FO4, I had hoped that it would look better than modded FO3/NV:
16108045728_46a72b4bd8_k.jpg

15693293273_e2d4341e6c_k.jpg

Do you honestly think that looks better then what we saw in the trailer?

You might wanna set up an eye appointment if so.

LDAF

Don't know if this was posted but

I always try to take things with a grain of salt, but if true, this may explain why the graphics look the way they do. If there's such an instant swap between two massive worlds, that would have to be pretty taxing on the hardware.

Not fans of Bethesda games.

That interaction is a huge reason these RPG's are as popular as they are. Makes the world feel more real. And its the edge it had on Fable, Mass Effect, The Witcher, etc.

Movable objects make their worlds feel more real? Lol

I'm calling it, Bethesda will NEVER make a world as fleshed out as Witcher 3

The graphics sure are underwhelming. They made the game look like a HD remaster of a lastgen game.

Also I am not against colorful games, but here they kill the mood for me.

RPGCrazied

Not preordering until I see a CE. Bring it Bethesda. But please, keep it under $100. So tired of these $120+ CE's, and then have to buy DLC on top of that.

Xiraiya

Do you honestly think that looks better then what we saw in the trailer?
You might wanna set up an eye appointment if so.

The lighting is not nearly as good, but it just looks way smoother and easier on the eyes than FO4, so... it looks worse and better, when it shouldn't even be a contest to begin with.

Juxo

Bethesda just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about post-apocalyptic graphics (I'm an expert), but polycount and textures are huge parts of it.

What this means is that the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Fallout 4 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Bethesda's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Bethesda has alienated an entire market with this move.

Bethesda, publicly apologize and announce that this was just Fallout 4 for Vita or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Your style

I like it.

NV looks like shit too but at least it's story, the gameworld and most of the characters motivations made sense. Fallout 3 was an incoherent mess.

Never forget:
Fallout+3+in+a+nutshell+i+love+fallout+3+but_a0523f_4197794.png

So I uhh... don't really see your point.

Was that summary of F3 written by someone who hadn't actually played the game, but instead had had some of it's plot described to him while off his tits on ale?

Not surprisingly, if you leave out most of the details, explanations, characters and their motivations, as well as omiting huge chunks of plot, then yeah, shockingly it doesn't sound very good or sensical.

The original ending was bollocks mind. But that got nicely fixed, so who cares?

fedexpeon

Banned
I never got that far into F3's main story, is it really this bad and nonsensical?

You don't play FO series for its story anyway.
You play it to explore and wander the wasteland environment that is so barren of object, life and objective that you will want to finish up all the main quests so you can stop playing the game.

You can swap between past and present by pressing 1 key, has minimal delay in the swap. This will be essential for a lot of quests, and a bit for navigating secret areas, but optional past that.

Instant time swap?

That'd explain some things.

Pop

The lighting is not nearly as good, but it just looks way smoother and easier on the eyes than FO4, so... it looks worse and better, when it shouldn't even be a contest to begin with.

So...smoother on my eyes haha

You don't believe that, no one believes that. What does it even mean.

seems to me like this game unfortunately stems from them starting the game a while back ago, probably expecting it to be crossgen but were limited with certain aspects and went next-gen/pc. But never bothered to upgrade the visuals.

I'll still play it, but if the game doesn't run smooth as butter then god damn.

i-Lo

Am I the only on who thinks that the colours are a touch too saturated and vibrant? I hope that's mostly relegated to the pre-war flash backs.

Fbh

That's not Fallout 3 on consoles... which ran at 720P, that's higher than 720...

I know.
It took me a while to find a screenshot where it didn't look like crap because I didn't want people saying I cherry picked a screen that made it look specially bad.

The point is, Fallout 3 didn't look impressive compared to games released the same year (which is what some are saying).
Hell, in terms of open world Assassins Creed which was the released a year before did already look considerably better than Fallout 3

Time swapping sounds cool as hell.
Could be. There's a ton of potential to the idea. The trailer's flipping between times makes sense, as is the visual contrast between them and the idea that you're pretty much the same exact person in both timelines (age, experience).

NOW I'm completely intrigued.

Yeah, but who would want to play a Fallout game before the bombs hit? That sounds boring to me.
Maybe, but considering all you have to go on is your own imagination of what it could be you're actually calling your own imagination boring ;p

New Vegas had amazing skyboxes

Bethesda seems to have gotten it this time. Fallout isn't supposed to be a post-apocalyptic game, rather a post-post-apocalyptic game. Its about how life has moved on and grown from the Old World not the bleak death and suffering of the immediate post-war period.

JoeBoy101

Here's hoping they do another Collector's Edition like Fallout 3, which was the best CE Bethesda ever did and one of the best CE's in recent memory.

fallout-3-collectors-edition-20081028000625813_640w.jpg

Pipboy Bobblehead is here on my desk agreeing with me.

Xiraiya

So...smoother on my eyes haha
You don't believe that, no one believes that. What does it even mean.
A jaggy and blurry mess is a jaggy and blurry mess no matter how nice the lighting is.

Crisp and smooth is always the way to go, I would have even been okay with the game looking dated if they were trying to have it be something that runs completely maxed out on current consoles at 60 with AA and all that good stuff, because I'm sure at that point it'll look pretty nice with those vibrant colors if there is not a jagged edge or blade of grass in sight.

But no that does indeed not seem to be what they're going for.

Don't know if this was posted but

Hmm. How would the swapping be possible though with so much created from the wreckage? Like if you used that ability inside Megaton, for example, the area would turn into grass. I bet it's extremely limited, but who knows.

If this is true then I have high hopes for a coherent world. Sounds like they started with 1950's GTA Boston and then post apocalypticed it. If the hot swapping is expansive.

Was that summary of F3 written by someone who hadn't actually played the game, but instead had had some of it's plot described to him while off his tits on ale?

Not surprisingly, if you leave out most of the details, explanations, characters and their motivations, as well as omiting huge chunks of plot, then yeah, shockingly it doesn't sound very good or sensical.

The original ending was bollocks mind. But that got nicely fixed, so who cares?

I hate to break it to you but that's pretty much what it all comes down to.

Jarmel

Banned
I can't imagine the swapping is extensive.

They would have had to done essentially two separate games for that to work.

LiK

I can't imagine the swapping is extensive.

They would have had to done essentially two separate games for that to work.

i'm guessing it's just in one part of the game during a story mission. similar to that weird ass b/w level in FO3

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The graphics seem fine to me, especially if "lesser quality" graphics means that the game will run a lot better than most Bethesda games of past. I would love for them to release a game that runs almost perfectly, even if it's not the best looking RPG out there.

derExperte

HAHAHHAHAHAHA, R$250?!?!?! That's like 80 bucks....

When new games like GTA V and Witcher 3 launched at worst at R$129,00.

This must be an error, seriously.....

Even Elite:Dangerous is cheaper for you guys and that had the worst regional pricing so far.

Top Bottom