• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Banned
Well guy's, literally a day after asking if I should buy and play Fallout 3 and NV, Steam put them on sale along with all the Assassins Creed games I missed out on. Just bought them all at a heavily discounted price.

Looking forward to it.

jerry1594

2 (plus NV) games west, 2 games east, how bout 2 games central?

Fallout 5 Chicago and 6....Detroit?

Ehh the midwest is largely a shithole I'll just be happy with Chi town I guess.
Having these places not be eroding craters or at least flattened like in WWII seems really stupid to me, honestly.

MattyG

Banned
How do you guys think this will sell compared to skyrim?
At the rate the trailer views and hype train are going, probably better as long as the modding community picks it up like they did Skyrim and the console versions aren't borked (though the latter probably wouldn't hurt sales as much as the former).

Welfare

Fallout 3 had 4.7 million units were shipped in launch week.

New Vegas had 5 million units shipped launch month.

Again, that is just launch, but these games have had pretty long tails, as Fallout 3 sold over 1.75 million and New Vegas over 3.7 million on Steam.

With the insane sales of Skyrim, the already successful sales of F3 and NV, PC gaming being huge, the success of the PS4 and Xbox One and it being a current gen only game, plus the extremely long wait for Fallout 4, I'm thinking it'll do more than Skyrim.

rhandino

Banned
My guess? It's going sell more since Bethesda exploded in popularity after Skyrim and the absolute thirst for a current gen Fallout.

Can't wait for the rumor / speculation / announcement cycle of The Elders Scrolls VI...

34bJOWd.gif

Drazgul

I'm thinking it'll do more than Skyrim.

Especially if they support it long enough via DLC - I was kinda surprised to be honest that Skyrim only got two (ok, three if you want to count that silly play house DLC) DLCs after Fallout 3 / New Vegas getting so many.

Great work there. I hope the reservation in the north makes it too, sounds like a neat location. Eventually, if not at release (would be great if for once the DLC was included into the main world map, instead of being its own little worldspace).

KingK

2 (plus NV) games west, 2 games east, how bout 2 games central?

Fallout 5 Chicago and 6....Detroit?

Ehh the midwest is largely a shithole I'll just be happy with Chi town I guess.
I was hoping for Chicago for this one but oh well.

They should do one set here in Indiana if they do the Midwest. Wouldn't even need to change the scenery/buildings/roads from how they are now to make it look post apocalypse.

So there goes this guy's credibility a bit right?
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/606100041967747072

I said this in the other thread, but that sounds like speculation. You can't "refuse to believe" something you know is true. Like I can "refuse to believe" that Fallout 4 won't release in 2015, but I can't "refuse to believe" that the Fallout 4 trailer released June 3. That'd be a really would phrase to use if he had insider info on that.

He probably should have been clearer.

They should do Florida... Very point lookout vibes in the everglades with a Disney type theme park city...

But on topic and I have a dilemma with this game.
Fallout 3 (with the exception of mothership zeta) had fantastic dlc.

Bethesda always do great expansions and I am wondering if I should get at launch or wait for the game of the year edition... But don't want to wait for a year.

Really really long shot in the dark but anyone linked to the game know if there will be expansions planned and if there is will there be a season pass?

magnumpy

So I wonder if paid mods are going to make it into Fallout 4 day 1 since unlike Skyrim there is no existing community to upset and Bethesda clearly wants to monetize mods. It will be interesting if it gets brought up during E3 or not. I am thinking it's unlikely that they will release info on that until almost next to release but they probably should ease the populace into that.

there is as much of a community of modders for fallout as there is for skyrim. dunno how you could differentiate between the two. fallout mods currently cost $0.00. same for skyrim.

Sijil

But none for Fallout 4, which is what he meant.

I don't think you can just separate Fallout mod communities like that, arguably the same modders who worked on 3 have worked on New Vegas and will transition to Fallout 4, same for the player base. That's the same community.

But Bethesda and Valve did say that they were wrong to try paid mods on Skyrim because it was already overflowing with free mods and people were accustomed to it, Fallout 4 presents a clean slate.

We'll see, I hope they don't implement paid mods tho, I shudder to think the sale impact.

probably been discussed to death, but what're the odds of this coming out this year being legit?

Looking at some of Bethesda's previous games, there were 4 years between Morrowind and Oblivion, around 2 and a half years between Oblivion and Fallout 3, and 3 years between Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Skyrim will have been out 4 years this November.

I'd say that it's pretty likely to release this year but of course there's no way to no for sure.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.

This is great. Seems very plausible. I'm wondering how far out the map will go. Really hoping it's a lot bigger than Fallout 3. I would love to visit a Fallout version of Salem, MA.

The mountains do seem a bit out of place though. I wonder if they'll be used as a functional boundary so they don't have to use the "turn back now, you've reached the edge of the world" message. Or maybe there's a lore reason for mountains to exist there.

xkramz

a lil offtopic but holy shit all this F4 talk got me wanting to play fallout new vegas again but this time on PC and holy hell its amazing with mods.

also i put well over 150 hours on my old file and never noticed the pipboy tells you your current radiation level VIA gauge on the top left of it,. nice lil touch that i never picked up

Drazgul

That's impressive. 30 miles is not bad, but I'm hoping for something bigger... I like wandering, I don't need to discover a new POI every thirty seconds.

That'd be twice that of Skyrim's, if they keep the amount of POIs roughly the same (and Skyrim had a lot) it should feel a lot less cramped. Gives some hope for some form of transport as well - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for motorcycles, myself.

Is it possible to preorder the game on Xbox Ones online store?

I find it strange that I cant preorder it on the PSN Store.

Give it some time. They're probably still working out the details.

That'd be twice that of Skyrim's, if they keep the amount of POIs roughly the same (and Skyrim had a lot) it should feel a lot less cramped. Gives some hope for some form of transport as well - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for motorcycles, myself.

Definitely true, and it's not like Skyrim was tiny to begin with. I've just been spoiled by the map sizes in The Witcher 3. :lol

Älg

Some of the reasoning in the video seems a bit far fethced, such as the blast radius of the nuke. Really impressive video though; most of it actually seems plausible.

Anyone know what engine they are using? Looks like the IDtech to me...

Looks like Gamebryo to me.

Lakitu

st5fu
That's impressive. 30 miles is not bad, but I'm hoping for something bigger... I like wandering, I don't need to discover a new POI every thirty seconds.

Yeah, I'd like something bigger.

How big is The Witcher? Feel like all the landmass combined is perfect.

Watevaman

Hopefully the motorcycles will be able to scale sheer cliff faces like Skyrim's horses.

After playing W3, i hope bethesda have some nice weather effects, like radiations storms, lot of fog etc, etc

Always feel they didn't do justice to the weather in a post-apocalyptic game like Fallout.

Top Bottom