• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

So you find crappy screenshots from the internet and clearly they are on medium settings? or worse. (Though at least you tried)

But PS4 screenshots they are not. True

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vlU1RQ4Yc

The majority of screenshots on Google Images look similar. On the other hand what we've seen Fallout 4 has a consistently pleasing visual design in spite of running on an older engine.

And to compare a GTX Titan with 16GB of ram and overclocked to 4.2GHZ running on ultra to PS4 screenshots? Totally fair comparison. Still prefer the art design of Fallout 4 from everything I've seen.

Witcher 3 looks better than this and it runs at 60FPS

QOWnPPH.gif

...have played both no. (KR account for the win)

ULTRA HIGH in a massive open world, in a mmo.

http://gallery.pub.goha.ru/gals/gam...map/orig/6fff4ebbe153e107930df5eb4997d9dd.jpg

Yeah no.

I only read a few parts , but it sounds like the enemy A.I. has definitely improved too. I know a lot of people would have been ok with a much better looking Fallout 3, new story, new quest and characters but it sounds like they definitely did improve on the existing mechanics. Nice!

That's great news. Getting sick of AI in current games. I am enjoying Assassins Creed Syndicate, but the AI is pretty bad in my opinion.

The guy posted updates to it...i haven't read it though. I rather just wait for the reviews, only read the summaries and then PLAY it.

UPDATE!

The fight, as I say, is far better. It has small imperfections like that I find exceedingly difficult scoring with small enemies (mole rats, poisonous flies, etc.) that seem to impact the box too small. Leaving that aside, it is a joy. For me, the best of the game. base Armas time I seen some 12-15 but modifications crazy. Each gun can easily have 25 to 30 pieces that alter your stats and one 10 mm gun. You may end up being radically different in all respects to another. What the game is specified that "slows healing." Will zones. The areas of "open field" are brown and roll Fallout 3, there are other radiation that are shades of green and others. Yes surprised me greatly to see the main city, next to Megaton, has colorful lot (hey, do not talk about colors to Viva Piñata, just what you see in any game realist). I greatly appreciate the variety and I think a tremendous step forward.

24 hours (yes, I've been playing a tad now) and just found a 10mm pistol (the first gun that you see in the game) that looked and played like any other weapon of the game. I could not have created it because there are changes restricted to the level corresponding to the crafting of weapons (there are 4 levels) Perk and I have none. The progression and variety is crazy about. Of course, I do not like how it is implemented in the inventory. Example: If a gun is an improvement on the barrel and the stock, inventory listed as "[kickback Culata] [Long Canyon powerful] 10 mm gun." and when the screen Pip-Boy so small makes all weapons or pieces modified armor are cut, do not see your name and you have to give to R3 to see what specifically. Also, you can find 18 guns they leave very little in statistics but very different in name and aesthetic can roll over and lose time more than one account. It costs a little catch him point to the new system but little by little easier seeing what it's worth and what not.

Answer to: Have you seen many bugs?

The "typical" bugs no, no. Yes it happened to me that I had to swallow 2 or 3 times the same dialog or dialog options that put simply "Show?" and it had nothing to do with what he said (which lacked a system that I like very little). Little thing more.

UPDATE 2!

His answer to, Is the movement fluid?

The movement, jumping and others is much more comfortable, yes. And the VATS is not essential. I think they have found a perfect point where FPS lovers can pull in that way and F3 and such by VATS. I use it because I love it but I think it is very viable to play without him but, of course, is something that makes things and, yes, at high levels see it very helpful. There is little to do but I will say that I love animations and sounds reload all weapons, much more elaborate and currados that F3.

His answer to questions about the perks, hacking and picking locks

A marvel. I do not miss in all the F3: this is much more comprehensive, deep and have constant feeling of improvement and change. You can overwhelm a bit and requires some planning but it seems a step forward in the making. Great. No. Both they go by levels (Basic, advanced, expert and master) and some can from the start but others need perks. That is, to access the expertise you need four points in that perk that, in turn, requires 3 or 4 intelligence. It's a shame but you can not access them without perks. Yes. There are many small houses that do not require any large cargo but the building itself. Loads from buildings are not too heavy but quick trip themselves are a bit heavier.

His answer to a question about the armour system, power armour, weapons, etc.

For now, as with weapons, I have not seen a huge variety but having so much differentiate modification. Of course, by the time I seem all very feuchas (as in F3, really). The system is not bad but can do something cumbersome and I think the moment of truth, does not contribute enough to justify that "additional complexity". Also, what I said above about the names of the modified weapons also applies here and see at a glance what each thing is impossible. In addition, there are pieces that are above chest but can get a boost and do not allow others to have that reinforcement and not specified anywhere, is much more cumbersome than it should. And the power armor seems very cool as functionality but I loved her as usual armor F3. Here are special suits that are used as a vehicle: you find them, you get in and you can use it but when you want to switch or leave salts thereof and leave at that particular site. It gives more power armor package to because it is more powerful and "unique" but remains waaaaay comfort.

UPDATE 3!

His answer to a request of an in depth description of the settlement system:

They are an important pillar of the game. And this can charm many and greatly annoy others. To me, I love this kind of issues "micromanagement" in RPGs or adventure (Monterrigioni villa in AC II, for example) seems a tad more cumbersome and "deep" account. Mind you, I think phenomenal that many options are given but many missions and goals pass around subtracted weight to what I care of a one and RPG Fallout. On the operation: there are an awful lot of areas around the world that have a red table workshop, both occupied and free. Once you access the workshop (if you are occupied by good people, you have to make a typical mission to help with any problems) you can do what you saw in the demo: demolish everything you get it and build. I finished not convince you, in the completeness of the method, can remove houses and everything in a second and get a lot of materials. Leaving that aside, you have to keep many or few humans have with food, water, energy and beds. And it is not bad because a good defensive structure, still, some times you get so typical and cumbersome message "are attacking X" and you have to go take a cable (not mandatory). I say, it is very complete and if you find an area you like you can spend hours and hours to leave "cute" and take there your base, people and others but I think it is not implemented in the best way and perhaps exploited too . Any more specific question, I am here

Vegito

Banned
I asked in another thread but didnt get a reply. When can we expect twitch streams to pop up? im assuming by the end of the week?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am pretty sure that both versions will be nearly identical, just like Destiny.
To my eyes, owning both versions, I always thought Destiny looked cleaner on PS4. But, very minimal. I just don't like to assume and would prefer to see some XB1 screenshots for comparison. If they are both 1080/30 but one has more detail or looks better, I hope we find out before release day.

ymgve

I asked in another thread but didnt get a reply. When can we expect twitch streams to pop up? im assuming by the end of the week?

Well, if someone starts streaming on Twitch they will get banned. The embargo lasts till the 9th I think - there will not be any Bethesda approved streams before that time, and streaming before that will risk you a ban.

That being said, I'm certain various streams will pop up in the next few days and then disappear as quickly as they came. Maybe some non-Twitch streaming sites will be more lax and let people stream for extended periods of time.

Nameless

This game is far from groundbreaking visually, but I can't believe people are still dying on that 'looks like a PS360 game' hill. 65 pages in I've seen every modded PC game under the sun posted, for some reason, but not that nebulous last gen game people keep referencing that looks as good or better than F4.

This game is far from groundbreaking visually, but I can't believe people are still dying on that 'looks like a PS360 game' hill. 65 pages in I've seen every modded PC game under the sun posted, for some reason, but not that nebulous last gen game people keep referencing that looks as good or better than F4.

One thing that's true is that this does not look like a PS4 game nor a XONE game. It looks like a sub par pc port visually. Not a first party game.

Darak

I don't get all the vitriol in this conversation. We should be able to discuss a game's technical and artistic qualities without anybody feeling hurt. I'm sure the game would still do fine and be lots of fun, even if it had much worse presentation than this.

That being said, given the production costs and people involved, I expected a powerhouse. Skyrim and Fallout 3 were great compared to its peers. Oblivion specifically got a lot of praise when it was released. This one is not in the same level, in my humble opinion.

Nameless

When thing that is true this does not look like a PS4 game nor a XONE game. It looks like a sub par pc port visually. Not a first party game.

Maybe by page 120 we'll have actual receipts(unlike some I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong when evidence is plowing me in the face ) instead of a series of synchronized dumps on keyboards.

I don't get all the vitriol in this conversation. We should be able to discuss a game's technical and artistic qualities without anybody feeling hurt. I'm sure the game would still do fine and be lots of fun, even if it had much worse presentation than this.

That being said, given the production costs and people involved, I expected a powerhouse. Skyrim and Fallout 3 were great compared to its peers. Oblivion specifically got a lot of praise when it was released. This one is not in the same level, in my humble opinion.

It's Bethesda they get a pass for some reason compared to others in this area. But to me no studio will get a pass from me personally. Unless they are using a different art atheistic like cell shading...etc things of that nature.

Saying that Fallout 4 should be or hopefully be very good. An since i'm getting it on PC later on when mods come out. Never the less thought i would put up for a console version but i was mistaken.

terrible

Banned
I'm still getting the game but to me it does look pretty awful. I'm preparing for some serious bugs too simply based on prior games using the engine its based on. I do hope they use a completely new engine for their new games soon.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If you own a powerful PC and have already decided you will buy the PC version later because of mods and better performance, I wish you good blessings and best of luck. As for the PS4 screenshots, I think they look great and since my PC is aged, I am very excited about playing it in a week and a half.

Scrawnton

Maybe by page 120 we'll have actual receipts(unlike some I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong when evidence is plowing me in the face ) instead of a series of synchronized dumps on keyboards.

Exactly my point of view. This is fallout on 360

Fallout_3_a_Xbox_360b.jpg

This is Fallout 4 on PS4

27RVKEP.jpg

I do not look at these new games and resort to comments like it looks like a ps3/360 game or it looks bad. Now i understand that the screen shots are displaying two different scenarios within the game, but lets get serious. This is not a 360 gen looking game. Not at all.

Cloyster

Banned
Bethesda are entitled for being able to release a AAA game on modern hardware with the graphics Fallout 4 has without being laughed off of the shelves.

This is the only kind of stance in the thread that gets me. That Bethesda is required to have good graphics.

lazygecko

'Cause they make great games that are fun to play?

People used to be more lenient towards Bethesda because they were among the very few making these types of games. But the industry climate is very different now with several quality alternatives, and people feel that Bethesda should be held to higher standards.

I mean, Arkane released Dark Messiah in the same year as Oblivion, which has the same style of first person RPG combat mechanics yet done exponentially better. 5 years later Skyrim comes out and the combat is still quite dull compared to Dark Messiah, ironically even after their parent company acquired Arkane. That's just one of several examples where Bethesda are hopelessly behind their contemporaries.

I'd like to hear somethings about the Xbox One though, or see some screenshots. I know they are probably nearly identical but damn...i'd rather just see it for myself.

Scrawnton

People used to be more lenient towards Bethesda because they were among the very few making these types of games. But the industry climate is very different now with several quality alternatives, and people feel that Bethesda should be held to higher standards.

its understandable that other companies are making open world games that look better than this, but from my understanding, this game has a lot more going on with its world interactivity compared to games like the witcher or dragon age. Obviously im speaking from pure speculation, but wouldn't the level of world interactivity mean it wouldnt be able to be as much of a graphical showpiece?

its understandable that other companies are making open world games that look better than this, but from my understanding, this game has a lot more going on with its world interactivity compared to games like the witcher or dragon age. Obviously im speaking from pure speculation, but wouldn't the level of world interactivity mean it wouldnt be able to be as much of a graphical showpiece?

I don't buy that for a second. Sorry.

More interactivity then witcher and DA. We have to see it. Even then that should not effects how object ploygons and lighting..etc in such a way. Especially
not modeling and basic phyisc on colthing. Things that console seem to.do rather well now.

Scrawnton

More interactivity the witcher and DA. We have to see it.

Didn't we already see that objects and buildings can be torn down to build up new objects and buildings in a minecraft lite experience? That right there is much more interactive than most open world RPGs, especially if it is done on the fly and not loading a separate editor screen.

jesu

More interactivity then witcher and DA. We have to see it.

Well every piece of junk is modeled in 3D and you can pick it up, move it around or use it for crafting.
The Witcher and DA don't have that kind of interactivity.

Well first of all you're an asshole for implying that anyone who's fine with F4's graphics is somehow mentally wrong

I never said that, but have no intention of continuing the discussion with you if you have that level of maturity.

Also 4k texture packs not being practical on consoles do not excuse Fallout's low res textures. And that GTA gif you posted looks terrible by the way.

Didn't we already see that objects and buildings can be torn down to build up new objects and buildings in a minecraft lite experience? That right there is much more interactive than most open world RPGs, especially if it is done on the fly and not loading a separate editor screen.

The question is how mamy people are going to do that and is it just fluff. Compared to the other costumization in relation to items.

Coreda

More interactivity then witcher and DA. We have to see it.

Wouldn't take much to have more interactivity than TW3. Let's be honest, it wasn't one of the game's strengths nor for its type of gameplay did it need to be.

Few would disagree it could have been much better. Seems many weren't aware they announced the Skyrim engine would be used for another game, which probably should have tempered expectations.

The difference between this and the uproar over downgrades such as DSII is nothing was shown earlier that would give a different impression. They played it pretty safe.

tuxfool

Banned
Few would disagree it could have been much better. Seems many weren't aware they announced the Skyrim engine would be used for another game, which probably should have tempered expectations.

Huh. I didn't know this, when did they say this?

lazygecko

Well every piece of junk is modeled in 3D and you can pick it up, move it around or use it for crafting.
The Witcher and DA don't have that kind of interactivity.

That's true. The question is how much this is really worth the effort though. Having every single glass, piece of food, etc be a dedicated object complete with its own physics usually doesn't amount to being much more than sugar coating. The physics aren't even implemented that well since it would be too resource-intensive to have precise and accurate collision for everything. So you keep noticing these imperfections when you do stuff like pick up an item from a table and everything else on it suddenly get physics-enabled and start hovering over eachother. If this is what you get from scaled back fidelity then I can't sincerely say I think it was worth it.

I wouldn't mind a more balanced approach in that aspect.

legacyzero

Banned
This is the only kind of stance in the thread that gets me. That Bethesda is required to have good graphics.

Yeah, they're hitting 1080p, so that's good for me. Sick of sub HD and low res games with vaseline AA. IQ looks decently clean, so there's not much complaint from me aside from draw distance and shadows. It's a console game, though.

I mean, Arkane released Dark Messiah in the same year as Oblivion, which has the same style of first person RPG combat mechanics yet done exponentially better. 5 years later Skyrim comes out and the combat is still quite dull compared to Dark Messiah, ironically even after their parent company acquired Arkane. That's just one of several examples where Bethesda are hopelessly behind their contemporaries.
What other RPGs are as complex and detailed as Bethesda's?

I mean there are plenty others with better (read actually good) writing and choice making, but none come close to the technical complexity that Bethesda does.

Pooya

It looks passable I guess, Skyrim at its time was a pretty good looking game, same for their other games, not top notch but still very good, Oblivion was a PC benchmark for some time. This time it's just passable to ugly. It's very reasonable to be disappointed.

What other RPGs are as complex and detailed as Bethesda's?

I mean there are plenty others with better (read actually good) writing and choice making, but none come close to the technical complexity that Bethesda does.

To most people the way Bethesda designing games around how you can move every single piece of trash in the world and have it save its place afterwards just seems like they have wack priorities.

It might be a technically demanding thing to pull off but its kind of useless and adds nothing to the experience outside of screenshots of that one guy who filed his house with cheese wheels.

But I guess now you can use that stuff for crafting materials. Thats nice. So many RPG's struggle to come up with things to make crafting materials with.....

This is Fallout 4 on PS4

27RVKEP.jpg

I do not look at these new games and resort to comments like it looks like a ps3/360 game or it looks bad. Now i understand that the screen shots are displaying two different scenarios within the game, but lets get serious. This is not a 360 gen looking game. Not at all.
You do realize fallout on 360 looks like complete shit, right? Yes this looks better but still isn't quite up to current gen standards, everything from lighting to shadowing to assets are still rather subpar.

Black Desert Online shits all over this. An that's a massive open world doing far more things then Fallout4.

That's about what i expect at this point in 2015. Yet we get this dodgy looking stuff; weird glossy textures, washed out colors, strange character models, pixel edges and not to mention funky geometry/polygons everywhere. If this sub-par visual experience is what people want today after 4 to 5 years of waiting then whatever. This is a small leap in a very big pond at this point compared to what other games are showing off visually.

This has nothing to do with why I'm excited about Fallout 4.

RPGam3r

To most people the way Bethesda designing games around how you can move every single piece of trash in the world and have it save its place afterwards just seems like they have wack priorities.

It might be a technically demanding thing to pull off but its kind of useless and adds nothing to the experience outside of screenshots of that one guy who filed his house with cheese wheels.

But I guess now you can use that stuff for crafting materials. Thats nice. So many RPG's struggle to come up with things to make crafting materials with.....

Not sure how you can say it adds nothing. Decorating my place with sweet loot is awesome and unique to Bethesda games. What's funny is this "useless" activity is something people in real life do all the time.

Haunted

This is Fallout 4 on PS4

27RVKEP.jpg

Is this where people point out that Fallout 360 looks like a PS2 gen game? :p

This has nothing to do with why I'm excited about Fallout 4.
And those of us who are excited for this game simply don't care.
That's fine, I'm sure plenty of the people pointing out how mediocre Fallout 4 looks in the graphical department for a 2015 game are still excited to play it.

It's normal that graphics are the primary topic in a screenshot thread, just as the game's gameplay systems are the primary topic in this thread.

New Rule: for those who somehow are of the opinion that these screens look like a motherfucking 360 game, and are cherrypicking individual features like shadows and lighting to facilitate a more diluted and frenzied argument....Need to google the word "entitled".

If this isn't already a copypasta, it's just become one. Jesus Christ.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is this where people point out that Fallout 360 looks like a PS2 gen game?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZACBEW_B8s
If there is no pre-release downgradeaton then one is just invented :-D

Fallout 4, for me, is THE gaming event of the year... it just boggles my mind the way gamers will find a way to hate a game.
If you just need your game boner stoked then just rewatch the marketing material by the publisher with comments disabled.

If not, just enjoy the ride.

reKon

Banned
Even though graphics are a far away from what we consider great for open world games, I never understood what was so amazing about the gameplay. When I watched gameplay for Fallout 3 before it came out and they showed the whole targeting system where you could aim for different body parts, that was one of the big turn offs for me. Maybe I just didn't fully understand that system, but it would be nice if someone could explain what made Fallout 3 such a great game from a gameplay perspective.

Shredderi

There's one thing though that could alleviate some of the "pain" of the less-than-stellar visuals and that would be releasing the game right fucking now.

xinek

Has anyone playing the game already shared any information about long loading screens? That's my one big worry about this game -- it was almost intolerable playing Skyrim on PS3. I was hoping current gen would be the end of tedious load screens, but Bloodborne was also pretty bad even post patch. I'll still buy FO4 no doubt, just wondering what to expect ...

Durante

Fallout 4, for me, is THE gaming event of the year... it just boggles my mind the way gamers will find a way to hate a game.
Some people are capable of formulating a differentiated opinion on a game.

A game can be very week vis-a-vis its competition in some graphical aspects and still be good. Posters might point out and analyze that weakness, particularly in a thread dedicated to graphics. This does not constitute "hating on" a game.

Even though graphics are a far away from what we consider great for open world games, I never understood what was so amazing about the gameplay. When I watched gameplay for Fallout 3 before it came out and they showed the whole targeting system where you could aim for different body parts, that was one of the big turn offs for me. Maybe I just didn't fully understand that system, but it would be nice if someone could explain what made Fallout 3 such a great game from a gameplay perspective.
Fallout 3 was not "such a great game" from a gameplay perspective. I think I might even say that this is the general consensus, not just my opinion.

Even among fans of Bethesda's games, I don't believe many would rate the moment-to-moment gameplay high among the reasons why they enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom