• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 teased by ThreeDog voice actor Erik Todd Dellums

Oh god, I don't think I can go back to the majority of FO3's writing after New Vegas. On the other hand, the GotY/PC modded version of this will be glorious. If Bethesda fucks this up.......

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
https://twitter.com/ETDellums/status/288757510406557697

Fk2jP.png

Best news this year so far.

Oblivion was supposed to be a launch title for the 360 so it makes sense for it to be a launch title for the 720 and Bethesda games are perfect launch titles because of the time sink approach to their design.

Obsidian involved? Pretty please.

Obsidian writers along with a brand new next gen glitch freeish engine please.

Oblivion was supposed to be a launch title for the 360 so it makes sense for it to be a launch title for the 720 and Bethesda games are perfect launch titles because of the time sink approach to their design.

I get the feeling this will be summer 2014 at the earliest. Skyrim only came out a year ago. Unless Bethesda handed if off to someone new again they don't make games in 2 years.

Erethian

Obsidian writers along with a brand new next gen glitch freeish engine please.

Unfortunately the engine will undoubtedly be a minor revision on the Skyrim engine; they didn't spend all that time on it just to use it for one game.

Also I think Skyrim more than Oblivion was where I started to notice the seams in how the game works so quickly that it kind of ruined the game for me, because the character design, writing, and quests can't hold it up once that initial "magic" and sense of exploration fades. Basically, there wasn't enough depth to pull me in and keep me playing.

Unfortunately the engine will undoubtedly be a minor revision on the Skyrim engine; they didn't spend all that time on it just to use it for one game.

Well with mods the PC version of Skyrim is beautiful, so hopefully it at least looks that good.
I think Fallout 4 is definitely in production and he's in it.

A Fallout 4 for next-gen launch (or rather, post-launch period) makes so much sense for Bethesda. It's basically what catapulted TES from a popular RPG series to the most popular RPG series this gen.

Er Fallout 3 sold 8 million copies. Unless they are trying to make it into Call of Duty I doubt this is the primary reason.

Lizardus

Well with mods the PC version of Skyrim is beautiful, so hopefully it at least looks that good.

Er Fallout 3 sold 8 million copies. Unless they are trying to make it into Call of Duty I doubt this is the primary reason.

Graphics are another thing but its the shitty gameplay that all ES games seems to have that need to be fixed.

Drazgul

They need to copy the faction system at the very least, because it can be used to actually give consequences to your actions. Which is something that BGS fails at doing in their games, I feel.

But that wouldn't be the Bethesda way! Join every faction, be the guild leader/highmaster/grand overlord of everything! Even factions that oppose each other!

But that wouldn't be the Bethesda way! Join every faction, be the guild leader/highmaster/grand overlord of everything! Even factions that oppose each other!

Yep, it also provides meaningful replaythroughs, but you don't reach mass market by actually making things have consequences in games apparently because people can't handle it.

Victrix

*beard*
Meh.

New Vegas was hilariously better than F3 in the writing department on every concievable level. The DLC was also mountains better, and very damn good in its own right.

I enjoyed FO3 at the time it came out, but it left me feeling empty because it was so soulless, and I didn't go back to it until much later to play the DLC once it was el cheapo (which was, literally, not worth my time it was so mediocre).

That said, Skyrim was fun to play, even if the story and characters were once again meh, so maybe FO4 will provide a good base for another Obsidian to come along.

I wish Bethesda would hire some better writers. Or maybe they have the dialogue right at the level they want it, to appeal to a broader audience or some shit. Or maybe they think it's fine. Who knows.

I'm also pretty damn tired of this gamebryo pos engine, I hope they have something in the wings for the future.

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, they both had their strengths over the other, and I like Skyrim better than both so very happy person over here.

Angry Fork

Fallout 3 >>> New Vegas. I did enjoy NV but liked Fallout 3 much more, hopefully Bathesda does the next one instead of Obsidian.

Wasn't there some rumors about Fallout 4 being set in the Commonwealth? I do hope they take a few pages from New Vegas. As a previous poster mentioned the faction system added depth to the world and gave weight to the consequences of choosing one group over another. I'd also love too see weapon mods return as well as the companion sidequests. No matter what though the Nexus Mod community will make the PC version glorious.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Wasn't there some rumors about Fallout 4 being set in the Commonwealth?

I sure hope so.

If anyone was to include this, it would be Bethesda. I don't remember the commonwealth even being mentioned in New Vegas. I heard something about a setting in Boston, but this early in, that is kind of irrelevant.

sfedai0

Banned
I really hope this one harkens back to something more like FO 3. I just realized how much NV sucks in comparison to FO 3.

Protome

Hopefully Bethesda learned a few things from Obsidian's take on the series, or at least actually played the first two games this time.

Erethian

Wasn't there some rumors about Fallout 4 being set in the Commonwealth? I do hope they take a few pages from New Vegas. As a previous poster mentioned the faction system added depth to the world and gave weight to the consequences of choosing one group over another. I'd also love too see weapon mods return as well as the companion sidequests. No matter what though the Nexus Mod community will make the PC version glorious.

I'd also like to see them use the damage threshold system (or something similar), because it encouraged the use of different weapons/ammo for different enemies in New Vegas. It also made stuff like deathclaws way more threatening.

I sure hope so.

If anyone was to include this, it would be Bethesda. I don't remember the commonwealth even being mentioned in New Vegas. I heard something about a setting in Boston, but this early in, that is kind of irrelevant.
If I recall correctly, Boston is a part of the Commonwealth in the Fallout universe.

ramparter

Banned
More than a year since Skyrim was released so it sounds about right. As usual a part of the dev team must have been working on Fallout 4 way before Skyrim release.

Not even gonna consider buying another Bethesda Fallout game (or any game made by Bethesda for that matter). Bethesda games have ZERO replayability, and the quests are only interesting until you start seeing how repetitive the content of the quests are and how uninteresting the stories are.

Bring back Obsidian.

please be next-gen launch title.

I don't think I care about another current gen Fallout game. Loved 3, but never got into New Vegas.

Top Bottom