• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 teased by ThreeDog voice actor Erik Todd Dellums

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
tumblr_inline_mfqsw0CdJm1qc6t6q.gif

Am I the only one who couldn't stand ThreeDog, not the voice but the writing? I was happy to finally 'meet' him.

Edit: Wow I just learned he was that drug dealer from Homicide: Life on the Streets... mind blown!

Lakitu

st5fu
Yes!

I liked Three Dog, more than Mr. New Vegas (or whatever his name is).

I hope the radio is used for more quests, I love it when he mentions some town or some hints to make you wonder and search for that quest.

I love both Fallout 3 and New Vegas for different reasons but overall I prefer Fallout 3. I love some of the quests you ran into like
the town with the cannibals.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I'm guessing they will go with New York 10 years or so later and Three Dog is just a voice/cameo/relay or something.

The_Monk

I'm okay with this. More fallout is always good.

I just hope they can take their time with the upcoming game. Test everything, double-check all problems, etc. No need to rush in my opinion, I want a good game without major issues.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
To all my # Bethesda and #sony fans

lol

cool, cant wait for to see whats in store for the next fall out. however I will be waiting to purchase until I know it's fully playable on whatever platform(s) I own at the time.

I couldn't disagree more, I really don't understand the love for Fallout 3.

I think the world is better designed and more fun to explore. NV has the better writing (although it got obnoxiously verbose and showy at times, OWB for example) but the Strip is one of the most disappointing locations in a game (which is probably partially to blame on Gamebyro).

Pooya

Fallout 3 main quest was pretty mediocre somewhat but the map itself was better than NV and there were interesting places to find and some good quests too.

NV strength was that many of the quests were tied together and one quest could trigger some other events leading to something else, it was pretty exciting actually (and buggy!!!) unlike the boring quest lines Bethesda makes in their games and forgettable characters, but the map wasn't as exciting.

Vegas area was very underwhelming when you first arrive, the idea they had for it was interesting with the different factions but it was a really boring location, same goes for most the map which are mostly similar. I think Bethesda is just better at planning the world map, Skyrim is good at that too with great scenery mostly and a lot of places to go, but writing quests they suck at. IIRC NV didn't have enemies leveling with you and they were placed in different regions instead for different difficulty for areas. This has a lot of benefits, but the way Vegas story was, you had to follow a certain path until you reach Vegas, it was restricted somewhat, you couldn't really go other ways as an intended consequence, I can see those who play these games for the map and not the main quest find that somewhat negative, main quest in NV was quite interesting though.

Both studios are terrible at action combat systems in their games overall, FO3/NV had decent enough mechanics though.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I couldn't disagree more, I really don't understand the love for Fallout 3.

just curious what platform did you play it on ?

I didn't care for NV because

- the story
- the location
- none of the upgrades made me feel powerful or gave me a sense of progression
- and last but not least NV for the 360 was single most buggiest game I have ever play in my life. I mean at one point no exaggeration all the enemies in the game were unkillable for me.

Protome

New Vegas' story made it feel a little more restrictive compared to 3, at least to me...

I can see that, but everything there was to do in New Vegas just felt like it had far more effort put into it than 3.
3 just felt incredibly cookie cutter with terrible side-quests and writing that seemed like the writers had never played the first two games before but had been handed a bit of paper with the names of everything on it.

just curious what platform did you play it on ?

I didn't care for NV because

- the story
- the location
- none of the upgrades made me feel powerful or gave me a sense of progression
- and last but not least NV for the 360 was single most buggiest game I have ever play in my life. I mean at one point no exaggeration all the enemies in the game were unkillable for me.

I played them both on PC. While I liked Fallout 3's location a bit more, the story was terrible, the characters were all lifeless and boring and the combat was a bit worse (although it sucked in both games.)
I didn't find it that buggy either, but I waited for the game of the year/ultimate editions of both.

In terms of having a real city to explore Fallout 3 destroys New Vegas, but how Bethesda could have possibly thought the gameplay of FO3 outside of vats was remotely passable astounds me. We're not even going to get into the usual terrible Bethesda writing. But yes, if there is one thing Bethesda can do is make a good world.

x-Lundz-x

Note to Bethesda:

This is what I want for an improvement. I want to be able to go to a workbench and have it look at BOTH my current inventory and my stashed inventory when crafting. I find it insanely frustrating when I have to go back and forth from bench to inventory to pip-boy to see what I need to craft certain things.

This needs to happen.

Oh, and please be a 720 launch title.

pargonta

why is new vegas even being talked about.. this is a bethesda joint fools, nobody cares if you liked obsidians better.

OWWWOOOOOOOO!

great tease. can't wait.

Erethian

I think the world is better designed and more fun to explore. NV has the better writing (although it got obnoxiously verbose and showy at times, OWB for example) but the Strip is one of the most disappointing locations in a game (which is probably partially to blame on Gamebyro).

There is a fair amount of cut content people have uncovered showing that they'd originally planned something a lot more ambitious for Freeside and The Strip. And I vaguely recall Sawyer confirming that they removed it for technical reasons more than anything else.

Erethian

Honestly story/writing isn't as big of an issue with Bethesda games, as is the lack of meaningful interaction with the world. It's kind of this weirdly ironic situation that for games that are so much about doing what you want, when you want, and taking your own path, their approach to game design leaves one feeling so utterly disconnected from the game world.

i-Lo

I don't think Obsidian will be involved given they're working on their kickstarter project and the basic premise of F4 would have been penned already. While I'm going to miss Obsidian's writing and side quests, I'm still excited for F4 especially if it's next gen. I have seen how much they pushed with Gamebryo with Skyrim and it would be interesting to see if they are going to be using a new engine for this game. I hope it does, especially if it's going to be out for next gen consoles. Of course, if it's going to be out for the current gen system as well, then I'd assume it'd still use Gamebryo.

-BLITZ-

That means ThreeDog is back !? While walking the wastelands I loved hearing his commercials and news about my me and my karma through the entire story progress and his lines where sure great and well connected to the game characters, actions and places. Please, expand ThreeDog tracks and his radio talk-show.

That means the game will take place near fallout 3 events map erea, like what happend to Fallout 2, but which side. I will be so glad to see me back again, playing into the East of USA, only by those monuments of Fallout 3 DC gave the game that unique feeling of true Home of America.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm sure it'll be next gen so Bethesda can take all of the attention off their sorry asses. No one will dare try to criticize the swarm of problems it will have because "well dude come on it's an early gen game, look at the graphics!"

Top Bottom