• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

stupei

Vik_Vaughn said:
^^ Haven't heard of that problem, but just spitballing here - Maybe try clearing the cache?

I'd recommend trying this, yeah. It seems to have solved a lot of random issues.

JoeBoy101

Tkawsome said:
I was on a roll last night and finished most of the missions in Freeside. I love that feeling of juggling three different missions and completing them at the same time.

Also for anyone who has a decent sneak and an interest in Plasma/Laser weapons, hit up Silver Rush in Freeside. They have a bunch of awesome junk on their counter and they don't seem to pay much attention to you. Best of all, it doesn't give you negative karma.

OR
Do the missions for them, and when they want to have you bring Cassie to them, do so, and turn on them when they want to kill her. Once you do that the STORE is yours.

Tkawsome said:
Also for anyone who has a decent sneak and an interest in Plasma/Laser weapons, hit up Silver Rush in Freeside. They have a bunch of awesome junk on their counter and they don't seem to pay much attention to you. Best of all, it doesn't give you negative karma.
And there's an unguarded bathroom so you can just lift the stuff in the shop and steal it in there. :p

I felt really naughty for doing so though.

JoeBoy101 said:
OR
Do the missions for them, and when they want to have you bring Cassie to them, do so, and turn on them when they want to kill her. Once you do that the STORE is yours.

I like it. I think I'll go do that right now.

Danne-Danger said:
And there's an unguarded bathroom so you can just lift the stuff in the shop and steal it in there. :p

I felt really naughty for doing so though.

They're jerks. I felt bad stealing an item or two from the Dinky Dino guy, but I had no problem robbing this place blind.

tokkun

Ogrekiller said:
They do... and they're also broken.

I posted this before, but are we sure they're broken? I know they were broken in the Fallout 3 1.1 patch, but were supposedly fixed in 1.5.

If they're really broken, I'll use the dev console to disable them and give my character two different perks.

neoism

Damn I'm like 20 pages behind in this thread, but I just hit 40 hours. Boone is my companion and I have a lower exp mod on, along with about 10 others, and this game is just fucking amazing. I level about 80% slower, so I have to go on quick exp runs throughout the wasteland. I just got about 2000exp in an hour and a half. I'm playing a Hardcore mode, on VH. Sooo much fun. I've only done about 7 quests.... :lol

neoism

water_wendi said:
Did you disable some mods? Thats the message that comes up when a mod was present in a previous save but isnt when that save is used again.

208gqwl.jpg
yeah it just means the items in a particular mod you delete isn't in the game anymore. I can thankfully say. I've only had 1 crash, and no save problems. I'm on save 754 though... :lol I'm soo in the habit of just saving like every 5 minutes or so.:lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is anybody working on a mod that ups the running speed? 40+ hours in, and goddamn having the movement speed of a dying brahmin is annoying.

duckroll

WanderingWind said:
Is anybody working on a mod that ups the running speed? 40+ hours in, and goddamn having the movement speed of a dying brahmin is annoying.

There are already several mods which do this.

Wallach

WanderingWind said:

Yeah, I don't know if I could play low AGI and/or no Travel Light anymore. Average characters seem to move pretty slow.

jax (old)

Banned
The running mod is probably the reason why I'm playing this the third go. Trudging every where wasa only right/okay for game 01. Sooo much more fun running around like ure from Benny hill. That said, movement mods speed up the npcs enemies as well which makes for hilariously/challenging combat

bunbun777

Got the plat for this last night- super fun time.

The only thing I had to do out of the way was the desert survivalist, with 10k hp from food- running around in my underwear getting the crap beat out of me by bighorns, with 200+ pounds of food hotkeyed... I think I was knocked down 50 times.

I think I could maybe cry right ab out now. Just lost my 50 hour game to a bug. Load it up get a dlc error and am booted back to the title screen. I searched around bt not fixes. I love this game but I don't think I can do all I had done again. How can they let the game out with this sort of error. 50 hours haha. My lord if I don't laugh I'll cry.

Gravijah

Uhm, help regarding The Strip...

Just went to The Strip's North Gate and now it says it requires a key. I've been there billions if times. I don't remember anything happening that would cause this...

Ferrio

Banned
I just realized I made a huge mistake in my character. So I'm struggling really badly. I'm stacking crit like mad, i have 60 points in energy weapons but I'm barely scratching things. I'm confused as hell, then I realise why. My endurance is 2.

dwebo

Gravijah said:
Uhm, help regarding The Strip...

Just went to The Strip's North Gate and now it says it requires a key. I've been there billions if times. I don't remember anything happening that would cause this...
Pretty sure that's a bug. If you don't have an earlier save, try going in via the
monorail. If that doesn't work, you may have to (sneak) kill one of the securitrons for a key.

WEGGLES

Hardcore mode spoiler

What's the reward? The Vault wiki says the acheivment is the reward... but that can't be serious.... can it.......... Right? ................................... guys?.......................................... right? :'(

WEGGLES said:
Hardcore mode spoiler

What's the reward? The Vault wiki says the acheivment is the reward... but that can't be serious.... can it.......... Right? ................................... guys?.......................................... right? :'(

That is it. :(

Lakitu

st5fu
Still have yet to enter the strip, I don't know when I'll end up there :lol

I visited
Camp McCarran
and got a whole bunch of quests.
I'm doing some bounties now, I killed that rapist cook-cook, just killed him with a single critical hit to the chest with my hunting rifle. So good. I'm going to do the rest of the bounties tomorrow.
Everything is coming together but I must have around 10 quests to do, it's all overwhelming but I love it. It might top Fallout 3 for me.. I'm not sure, they're both so damn good. We need moar.

Solo

These load times are killing me. Game makes Fallout 3 and Oblivion's load times seem non-existant. Seems even worse the further you are in the game, and worse still with a companion.

dwebo

WanderingWind said:
...no fucking way. No way. No. No. No.
Cass and Veronica also have a three-way with you before the final mission, proclaiming you a wasteland god for both keeping them alive and remembering to always eat, drink, and sleep.

Marvie_3

Banned
Solo said:
These load times are killing me. Game makes Fallout 3 and Oblivion's load times seem non-existant. Seems even worse the further you are in the game, and worse still with a companion.
Fucking this. So damn annoying when you're going into a tent and it takes 30+ seconds to load.

I've gone through all 4 ending scenarios and I gotta say, Fallout 3 > New Vegas. I love both games but NV never grabbed my interest the way F3 did. The setting of NV just doesn't do anything for me. Part of it also comes down to 1/3 of the map being totally blocked off by mountains/invisible walls and there are very few unmarked places to explore when compared to F3. I loved walking around the Capital Wasteland and finding a random sewer or house in the middle of nowhere and digging through it.

WanderingWind

dwebo said:
Cass and Veronica also have a three-way with you before the final mission, proclaiming you a wasteland god for both keeping them alive and remembering to always eat, drink, and sleep.

That would be awkward, since Veronica annoyed so much with her optimistic squeals about dresses that I left her to a hoard of Giant Radscorpions. Without armor. And she may have been the victim of some friendly fire. I can't really recall, but the NCR is investigating the incident.

EDIT: No load times on the PC!

Solo said:
I'm assuming that you're playing on either 360 or PS3; which means that the more you play in one sitting, the longer the load times will be. After about 2-3 hours you'll notice that the load times will get way longer for each time it has to load. When that happens, you'll just have to restart the game and the load times will be back to "normal".

Marvie_3 said:
I've gone through all 4 ending scenarios and I gotta say, Fallout 3 > New Vegas. I love both games but NV never grabbed my interest the way F3 did. The setting of NV just doesn't do anything for me. Part of it also comes down to 1/3 of the map being totally blocked off by mountains/invisible walls and there are very few unmarked places to explore when compared to F3. I loved walking around the Capital Wasteland and finding a random sewer or house in the middle of nowhere and digging through it.
Uh, what? There are hundreds of locations in NV, just like in F3, so I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Wallach

bhlaab said:
Also medium and heavy armors make you run slower.

Indeed. People should really try taking Travel Light, it's worth the perk slot.

Using a mod for movement speed would feel a bit like cheating.

WanderingWind

Fallout 3 had 221 locations -after DLC - to discover. Fallout: New Vegas has around 400.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Wallach said:
Indeed. People should really try taking Travel Light, it's worth the perk slot.

Using a mod for movement speed would feel a bit like cheating.

Which is why after you told me earlier, I didn't use it. I sure as hell used a mod to add more era-appropriate music to the radio. It's so broken in vanilla. I turned from one station to the next, only to hear the same song being played. My wife said she's going to mute the TV the next time she hears "Johnny Guitar."

So...bad.

Solo

AndyMoogle said:
I'm assuming that you're playing on either 360 or PS3; which means that the more you play in one sitting, the longer the load times will be. After about 2-3 hours you'll notice that the load times will get way longer for each time it has to load. When that happens, you'll just have to restart the game and the load times will be back to "normal".

You are probably onto something. Im playing on 360, and it gets progressively worse throughout a session.

OK so I put a lot of hours in this game... I am kinda puzzled, I am sure there is still quite a bit to go but I am no longer getting "XP' points eveytime I kill an enemy or complete a quest? what gives? have I reached the peak of my Xp points?

I still got lots of SKILLS to max out, so far I think I only have Science and Lock-pick at 100%, what the f is going on? can someone explain please.

AMAZING Game, I'm enjoying it immensely btw. I hear lotta complaints about loading times on the consoles. The PC is flawless (no longer than 3-4 seconds at the slowest time) runs at constant 60fps (granted you have that aftermarket d3d9.dll file installed or whatever and don't have all your settings at high or ultra high)

WanderingWind said:
I sure as hell used a mod to add more era-appropriate music to the radio...I turned from one station to the next, only to hear the same song being played. My wife said she's going to mute the TV the next time she hears "Johnny Guitar."

So...bad.

Can you please direct me to the said mod? I totally feel your pain, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I'd love to have another (more/custom) anything! added to the lackluster radio stations in this game

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
EricHasNoPull said:
OK so I put a lot of hours in this game... I am kinda puzzled, I am sure there is still quite a bit to go but I am no longer getting "XP' points eveytime I kill an enemy or complete a quest? what gives? have I reached the peak of my Xp points?

I still got lots of SKILLS to max out, so far I think I only have Science and Lock-pick at 100%, what the f is going on? can someone explain please.

You have probably reached level 30, the highest level in the game. New Vegas is by default designed so you can't max out a character in every skill area.

Sorry, it's like that and that's the way it is.

However, I believe there are mods out already that change that.

Wallach

WanderingWind said:
Which is why after you told me earlier, I didn't use it. I sure as hell used a mod to add more era-appropriate music to the radio. It's so broken in vanilla. I turned from one station to the next, only to hear the same song being played. My wife said she's going to mute the TV the next time she hears "Johnny Guitar."

So...bad.

The radio is definitely lacking compared to Fallout 3. The songs are pretty good but they seem to be too limited in selection. It felt like I had heard all of them multiple times by the time I was like level 5. The only saving grace is the return of some of the old Fallout/Fallout 2 music (which is still fucking amazing).

EricHasNoPull said:

AMAZING Game, I'm enjoying it immensely btw. I hear lotta complaints about loading times PC is flawless (no longer than 3 seconds at the slowest time) runs at constant 60fps (granted you have that aftermarket d3d9.dll file installed or whatever)
You aren't supposed to be able to max out all skills. That would completely break the game and make every play-through exactly the same. Level 30 is the level cap.

Chiggs

Marvie_3 said:

I sort of agree with this sentiment. The New Vegas map is sort of cheap with the way it uses unexplorable terrain.

Chiggs

Hela said:
I'm playing on 360, no preorder DLCs.

I first got this by going into the Vault down the road from Good Springs; whatever I did in there completely destroyed 4 hours worth of progress and I had to start over.

Marvie_3 said:
Fucking this. So damn annoying when you're going into a tent and it takes 30+ seconds to load.

I've got to agree with you. Finished the game, explored all scenarios, every nook and cranny, clocked 49 hours (98 with F3). I had fun, but with F3 I felt pure pleasure, finding a new radio station and blowing Giga-Mutants' heads off. Game was just superior to me...NV is perhaps better written, but that's about it

Can you get the NCR in Primm to actually do something or am I expected to do everything myself? I only ask because of Hardcore mode. I don't want to put myself in unnecessary danger.

kai3345

Banned
Ugh. I lost Arcade (like he literally disappeared) and I can't find him, even reverting to my older save. When I tried to re-recruit Boone, it said Arcade was still in my party. Great.

I just locked in $37 trade in value for this at Amazon. I just don't care for it that much. I hate the faction stuff, all the bugs, and the fact that it's frozen more than Fallout 3 GOTY so far. I don't think I'll even bother to finish it before I trade it in at the moment. Maybe when it hits $20 and there's been a lot more patches I'll think about picking it back up.

Top Bottom