• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there anyway to permanently get rid of someone? Clicked through the naming of a new resident and the fact they disrupt my naming scheme is wrecking my head ;)

You can rename them by clicking on their name. Or send them to the wasteland and not revive when they die.

Having to use iPad for this. Great game have 50 dwellers so far and the money is coming in at a steady rate now.

I feel I was shafted by the initial lunch boxes though. Amanda and power armour is all I got which was worthwhile. I had a quick try out on partners I phone and had miniguns and other rare dwellers and weapons.

Does anyone know if having armour makes a difference if the dweller is protecting the door? Have 2 guards as I am always attacked and one had the power armour on, but wonder how much of a difference the armour makes.

The raiders always go in and run to my medi bay. Of they survive they go to the radio room which is their demise sealed.

gimmmick

Got to 100 dwellers yesterday and now my iPad Mini 2 keeps crashing. Feeling like getting to 200 just won't be worth it.

The end game is pretty terrible. I feel there is no use to get to 200 since the loot is the same all the time. I rarely get lunch boxes, and now it looks like I got the 4 most powerful weapons in the game. The raiders or infest roaches don't even make a dent in my guys now they are buffed up. Don't know , just seems not fun anymore .

wapplew

The end game is pretty terrible. I feel there is no use to get to 200 since the loot is the same all the time. I rarely get lunch boxes, and now it looks like I got the 4 most powerful weapons in the game. The raiders or infest roaches don't even make a dent in my guys now they are buffed up. Don't know , just seems not fun anymore .

Yup, no fun at end game. No challenge whatsoever.
They should add some sort of pvp in the game.

jelly

Played it for a couple of days, found it quite boring once I got things going. It was initially addictive but there isn't much to it and the repetitive management nature is not for me.

neshcom

Banned
How do I do this? Fallout Shelter is not listed under the apps to backup.

I think the app data backup stuff is only for doing full phone restores. That seems to be the only way to get all your apps to be backed up--otherwise it's up to the devs to make that data sync-able per app.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is this doing gangbusters for them in the appstore or something to justify it being exclusive? It seems it came and went like a fart in the wind and nobody is talking about it anymore, would still like to try it if only as a work timewaster

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I cannot get two pregnant ladies out of the living quarters.
LLShC.gif

I'm still having a blast with this game. It has really re-invigorated my interest in the world of Fallout.

I won't rest until I have every type of room triple-merged and fully upgraded, with 200 happy dwellers!

prateeko

It was an enjoyable experience, but once I got the Nuka-Cola plant, I lost the drive to keep playing.

Same. I'm constantly full on power, food, and water and there's really not a ton of incentive to get to 200 people. I have gaurds at the door for raiders, every room has 2+ people with weapons and near everyone has a costume so it would just be a matter of breeding.

I played poorly at the beginning and in order to save my vault I had to buy some lunchboxes (I went with the $10 bundle since I had store credit), which I don't mind. I've received $10 worth of entertainment from this game but I think for now I am done.

So I guess the stats of the parents don't affect the stats of the kid? The child of Dr. Li and Elder Lyons has pretty crappy stats. Does anyone pay attention to iPhone achievements? I'm about 78% of the way to getting the achievement for having a level 50 dweller, but I barely have any progress towards having a level 25 dweller, and no progress towards getting a level 10 dweller. I'm not sure if they're bugged or if I'm missing something.

Got a notification that some Fallout 4 character is available in lunch boxes now. Preston Garvey I think was his name.
But the game didn't actually receive an update so my pregnant women are still bugged.

sangreal

^ I got the same popup. Not really what I was looking for when I say the game desperately needs more content
So I guess the stats of the parents don't affect the stats of the kid? The child of Dr. Li and Elder Lyons has pretty crappy stats. Does anyone pay attention to iPhone achievements? I'm about 78% of the way to getting the achievement for having a level 50 dweller, but I barely have any progress towards having a level 25 dweller, and no progress towards getting a level 10 dweller. I'm not sure if they're bugged or if I'm missing something.

I didn't even know there were achievements

Brakke

Banned
Hit 200 today, green bars all around. Think I'm calling it.

This game is a damn *disaster* above 100 or so. Performance was terrible, loading took ages, constant crashes, juttery interface. Just a mess. Game does not scale at all. Especially when coming back from a while away, I'd launch it and then try to move some people around and I'd just get constantly interrupted by births and camera moves to go watch boning and all kind of stuff. Would take several minutes before it got quiet enough to drag someone from one end of the vault to the other. Just try and use that Dweller list to accomplish anything when you have 200 residents. I dare you.

Plus my layout is dumb... didn't realize you could triple-merge rooms until the very end :/ You really need merged rooms in the late game if you're going to have any chance of getting people in optimal rooms and swapping out shifts with a training room crew.

So I found a bit of a bug, if you have women that have been pregnant for a while you might want to make sure your vault isn't full. I had two women that were pregnant all day because my vault was full so there was no room for the kid, but the game didn't tell me it was full until I tried to bring a new dweller in from the wasteland.

sangreal

So I found a bit of a bug, if you have women that have been pregnant for a while you might want to make sure your vault isn't full. I had two women that were pregnant all day because my vault was full so there was no room for the kid, but the game didn't tell me it was full until I tried to bring a new dweller in from the wasteland.

That's not a bug, it's mentioned in the help

Brakke

Banned
There are a lot of dumb things about the pregnancy mechanics in Fallout Shelter. Women will still get pregnant even when your vault is at capacity. Which is kind of convenient when your vault is still growing because then as soon as you expand capacity you fill it. But that's stupid lol. Perpetual pregnancy.

When you get to 200 dwellers, women will still get pregnant AND they can't possibly ever give birth. Unless people die I guess? Now my most-reliable wasteland explorer is just permanently benched...

Nista

I have three women who are permanently pregnant for multiple days and may never give birth at this rate, even though I sent some people off to the wastes to open up space. Game really needs a patch to make play at 200 actually fun and not laggy as heck. I'm tired of getting objectives to birth more babies when I can't fit more people as is.

Cheech

I do like what's there, but it feels like half a game. I'd like to do more with my explorers, and let me actually do missions with them. Otherwise, it's a literal dice roll as to what happens, and they only ever find garbage loot as well.

So eh. Hoping they are going to put out a 2.0 version of the game this summer to keep my interest.

Savitar

Two of my scientist are Dr. Li and Peter Parker.

If she was a red head I'd rename her Mary Jane.

Either way I think it's baby time baby.

sangreal

I do like what's there, but it feels like half a game. I'd like to do more with my explorers, and let me actually do missions with them. Otherwise, it's a literal dice roll as to what happens, and they only ever find garbage loot as well.

So eh. Hoping they are going to put out a 2.0 version of the game this summer to keep my interest.

yeah, even after 3 days of exploring with a maxed out character, I am lucky to even get 1 or 2 items that would be blue from a lunchbox

AndyD

aka andydumi
yeah, even after 3 days of exploring with a maxed out character, I am lucky to even get 1 or 2 items that would be blue from a lunchbox

Yep. I feel like the quality of items is not random in boxes or wasteland, as I have yet to get any good quality items or people from the wasteland, yet in the boxes they are very frequent.

Anybody purchase lunch boxes yet?

50% off right now but that is not what my post is about.

I purchased the "40 lunch boxes for 9$" but in game I received 80. My receipt even shows I only purchased 40 as well. Guess I got very lucky. 😀

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I had to delete this game. It requires too much babysitting and is really unforgiving.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I had to delete this game. It requires too much babysitting and is really unforgiving.

It does? I check in on my vault once a day, tops to recall/send out 24-48h wasteland expeditions. The game stops depleting resources after 5 minutes once you close the app so there's no need to constantly go in and top them up..

Well, I had my fun with this game. It was good, but I wish there was just more to do. I think there is a really good concept here that could be expanded on.

Reule

Has anyone mentioned this exploit? Basically gives you infinite lunchboxes if you keep two objectives active from early game.

Start a vault and complete objectives until you have Equip 1 Dweller with an Outfit and Sell 1 Weapon or Outfit as active objectives. Never claim the reward for completing these two. The third objective can be claimed at anytime and will always cycle between Collect 50 Water, Collect 50 Food, or Level Up a Dweller. Most of the time you'll have a Lunchbox as a reward or 25 Caps.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this ever coming to android? Would people even care anymore?

When you get to 200 dwellers, women will still get pregnant AND they can't possibly ever give birth. Unless people die I guess? Now my most-reliable wasteland explorer is just permanently benched...

Send a few of your most useless dwellers to the wasteland to die, or rush a room till some workers die.

NYCrooner

I really hope that Bethesda sees the potential to add more depth to this game. I dare to say that most people that downloaded it are already Fallout fans and would love to see it. I dished out for the 40 lunchbox IAP and haven't even bothered opening half of them because it just didn't seem worth it.

Anybody purchase lunch boxes yet?

50% off right now but that is not what my post is about.

I purchased the "40 lunch boxes for 9$" but in game I received 80. My receipt even shows I only purchased 40 as well. Guess I got very lucky. 😀
Waste of money imo

Meier

Have had a dude out in the Wasteland for 1 day, 15 hours and 46 minutes thus far. He's received one decent item, a Soldier Uniform (2 S, 2 E, 1 L). Every other item has been run of the mill junk. Unbelievable how shitty the loot is in this generally speaking.

He has 8 Luck too, btw. Seems to play no roll as far as I can tell.

sangreal

Do you ever find Rare/Legendary items in the Wasteland?

Yeah, but almost never. Allegedly (according to help) the longer they are out there, the better stuff you will find but I still find 99% junk after 3 days

I hope the lack of updates means they are hard at work fixing the performance and adding content -- and I don't mean shit to buy

Top Bottom