• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

GeoGonzo

Has anyone mentioned this exploit? Basically gives you infinite lunchboxes if you keep two objectives active from early game.

Start a vault and complete objectives until you have Equip 1 Dweller with an Outfit and Sell 1 Weapon or Outfit as active objectives. Never claim the reward for completing these two. The third objective can be claimed at anytime and will always cycle between Collect 50 Water, Collect 50 Food, or Level Up a Dweller. Most of the time you'll have a Lunchbox as a reward or 25 Caps.

Huh... This does work and completely breaks the game.
Opening lunchboxes is fun, though! Thanks for sharing!

Played for a while and had a lot of fun with it, but As I got to about 50 Dwellers, I can't play anymore on my old Ipad 2. Game crashes every 5 minutes or so. And it runs like crap even when not crashing.

With no Android version in sight (it would run better on my xperia Z3), I must stop playing at this point. Maybe I'll start a new vault once the Android version is out. Maybe.

jkanownik

Played for a while and had a lot of fun with it, but As I got to about 50 Dwellers, I can't play anymore on my old Ipad 2. Game crashes every 5 minutes or so. And it runs like crap even when not crashing.

With no Android version in sight (it would run better on my xperia Z3), I must stop playing at this point. Maybe I'll start a new vault once the Android version is out. Maybe.

It still runs like crap on my iPad Air 2, but I have my vault maxed out.

Have had a dude out in the Wasteland for 1 day, 15 hours and 46 minutes thus far. He's received one decent item, a Soldier Uniform (2 S, 2 E, 1 L). Every other item has been run of the mill junk. Unbelievable how shitty the loot is in this generally speaking.

He has 8 Luck too, btw. Seems to play no roll as far as I can tell.

I'm maxed and have 20+ high level people out at a time. I get 10-20 rare items a day. Progress on getting new items is still slow. I'm only getting a few new items a day.

this just got updated to v1.0.3:

What's New in Version 1.0.3
Vault-Tec engineers are hard at work improving your experience! Keep the feedback coming!

• Overseers are encouraged to record any bizarre dweller behavior with the new Photo Feature. Sharing with those outside your Vault is optional, and will not result in your replacement or termination.
• Vault air filters have been causing some mothers to not deliver babies and we understand this is causing long term discomfort. We have solved this (not the discomfort, the baby coming out part).
• We’ve also done general maintenance to improve sudden Vault shut down and removed some other pesky issues with the capacitors inside various aspects of the simulation.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work – even if everyone is starving. It’s worse outside.

I'm testing if the lunchbox glitch has been patched now..

EDIT: its been patched - once you complete either of the 2 missions included in the glitch the notification never disappears and you also collect the reward for it if you tap the pip boy menu so its unavoidable

sangreal

this just got updated to v1.0.3:

I'm testing if the lunchbox glitch has been patched now..

EDIT: its been patched - once you complete either of the 2 missions included in the glitch the notification never disappears and you also collect the reward for it if you tap the pip boy menu so its unavoidable

I expected more. Not even a mention of the shit performance with 150+ dwellers, or the myriad of related issues like not being able to open lunchboxes because you have too many dwellers, challenges to have 5000 babies, etc.

I expected more. Not even a mention of the shit performance with 150+ dwellers, or the myriad of related issues like not being able to open lunchboxes because you have too many dwellers, challenges to have 5000 babies, etc.

I'm gonna assume they were working on a lot more for this patch but shipped it to patch the lunchbox glitch early :)

Moofers

I just deleted this off my phone yesterday. I'd hit 200 dwellers and it didn't seem like there was anything left to do. My Vault was unstoppable. Raiders never made it past the entrance because I had two guards posted, one with a missile launcher (20 dmg) and one with a plasma/pulse rifle (17-19 dmg). Food, Power, and Water production was rocking to the point where incidents hardly cost me anything. Would have been neat to see some endgame stuff for people who got to this point, but oh well.

I had a good time climbing up to 200, but I was also kind of happy to be finished. Nice little distraction and some mild hype for Fallout 4. :)

ws6M52i.jpg

Bethesda must hate money

sangreal

only worthwhile parts of the update are shading item rarity, performance fixes and the deathclaws

You have to buy him from the lunchbox shop, you can buy one or a bundle of them. One per floor apparently.

lol that explains why the help doesn't bother telling you where to get them

fuck off bethesda

if you really want my money, how about letting me get rid of the giant line of people outside the vault so I can actually open lunchboxes

sangreal

How do I get new Vault Dwellers to come to my door? I'm at 13 and they've stopped coming.

build a radio station

eventually you'll have more than you want

you can also just farm babies though. you don't get special dwellers at your door, only from lunchboxes

MattyG

Banned
build a radio station

eventually you'll have more than you want

you can also just farm babies though. you don't get special dwellers at your door, only from lunchboxes
Ahhh, ok. Once women are pregnant, how do I get them to give birth? Just wait? Or build a medbay?

sangreal

Ahhh, ok. Once women are pregnant, how do I get them to give birth? Just wait? Or build a medbay?

just wait and make sure you have enough living quarters

dont bother trying to breed them for stats or anything either. just churn out as many babies as you need

wow, 5 seconds into a game and I already found a game breaking bug lol.

I zoomed into an elevator by accident during the tutorial, hit the X thinking it might zoom me back out, then it prompts me to destroy the elevator. So I continue on with the tutorial since I couldn't say no as the tutorial overlay covered the options.

The tutorial tells me to build something by hitting the top right icon, but it's overlapped with the previous X button and both don't work.

sangreal

Managed to get this in a lunch box.

Having this baby along with Vengeance has turned raiders into the least threatening problem in the world.

deathclaws will still wreck you... because they move between rooms/floors too quickly

I mean, they're not that hard but you can't just send 1 or 2 well-equipped dudes to the door like you can w/ raiders

and not that any of it matters since you quickly end up with so many caps that death is meaningless -- almost as meaningless as the 100cap rewards for getting 20 women pregnant

deathclaws will still wreck you... because they move between rooms/floors too quickly

I mean, they're not that hard but you can't just send 1 or 2 well-equipped dudes to the door like you can w/ raiders

and not that any of it matters since you quickly end up with so many caps that death is meaningless -- almost as meaningless as the 100cap rewards for getting 20 women pregnant

Thankfully I haven't run into any deathclaws yet, but I have a few dwellers than have decent weapons like sniper and plasma rifles. Do the deathclaws come in a pack of three like the raiders?

gstaff

You have to buy him from the lunchbox shop, you can buy one or a bundle of them. One per floor apparently.

They can be found in a regular lunch box, too.

I zoomed into an elevator by accident during the tutorial, hit the X thinking it might zoom me back out, then it prompts me to destroy the elevator. So I continue on with the tutorial since I couldn't say no as the tutorial overlay covered the options.

Thanks for the heads up. Short term, you can close the app and reopen.

FaintDeftone

Is it just me or is food extremely hard to keep earning? I keep upgrading the diners and building more (without sacrificing too much power) and I still have troubles running out of food.

sangreal

Is it just me or is food extremely hard to keep earning? I keep upgrading the diners and building more (without sacrificing too much power) and I still have troubles running out of food.

build the higher level food plants instead of diners

Once I got nuka cola factories going, my food and water are pretty much maxed out 24/7. Power is always an issue though

Jzero

This game is dope. I was really messing up at the beginning since i didn't know what the hell i was doing.

FaintDeftone

build the higher level food plants instead of diners

Once I got nuka cola factories going, my food and water are pretty much maxed out 24/7. Power is always an issue though

That won't work early into the game though. You need like 70 dwellers before you start getting that stuff.

Dragoshi1

I got a Lv50 with Power Armor out of the Lunchbox, and handed her a Hardened Fat Man.

She can single handedly defend the vault, haven't put her against Deathclaws yet, since they haven't appeared. Each shot kills 1 Mole Rat, though.

Also bought a Mr. Handy. I feel every vault needs one.

Just started the game, somehow I was under the impression that when you send a dweller out to the wasteland that it became an watered down xcom/OG fallout styled tactical strategy game, slightly disappointing ;/

Would be a cool addition.

Just started the game, somehow I was under the impression that when you send a dweller out to the wasteland that it became an watered down xcom/OG fallout styled tactical strategy game, slightly disappointing ;/

Would be a cool addition.

Then they would just be making Xcom.

This is just a simple resource management game.

Nightbird

I'm doing something terribly wrong, my Dwellers are all unsatisfied and I just can't get more Bottlecaps to build more rooms.

I think I might restart the game

_woLf

How on earth am I supposed to get more people to come to my shelter?

There is like 14 spots open in my shelter but nobody has lined up to join all day. :(

You use less resource when the game isn't active, right?

It seems like the game favours not actually playing all the time lol.

There is like 14 spots open in my shelter but nobody has lined up to join all day. :(

Make babies. Also, radio attracts people.

Yo fuck deathclaws. Sangreal was right, they completely wrecked my shit and went through two floors before I could take them down. By the end of it all I probably had half of my food left and had to rush all my diners and gardens.

SJRB

Gold Member

Unlocking a radio station will add Dwellers at regular intervals. The more charisma Dwellers inside the radio station have, the faster new Dwellers will attract.

Another solid option is just the old-fashioned way: put a male and female Dweller together in a living quarters and wait for a few moments.

Yo fuck deathclaws. Sangreal was right, they completely wrecked my shit and went through two floors before I could take them down. By the end of it all I probably had half of my food left and had to rush all my diners and gardens.

Do they attack like raiders?

I find that raiders are kinda weird and ignore the first floor sometimes, and they sometimes leave floors really quickly.

Majukun

so..how am I suppose to play this gam exactly?
do i really have to come back every 5 minutes to collect water,food and energy,otherwise everyone will die?

Top Bottom