• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

Finalow

GOUEXcX.jpg
"it's not a timed exclusive"

"just not available yet"

okay Pete, okay.

How does it run on iPhone 6?

Trying to decide if I should burn 200meg of my data plan to download this while I'm at work, or wait until I'm home tonight.

Flux

Works nicely on my iPad air. Not having paid energy bars for activities and building is a good change from the usual F2P.

SumGamer

Does anyone know how many items an explorer can hold? Is it just 1?

My explorer is currently holding 2 items, Radiation Suit and Shotgun. Good thing about Explorers is that they change to the best gear automatically or at least when they only have Vault jumpsuit on.

Tips for newcomers:

Building
1. Room cost electricity. Don't go crazy building new rooms. If you do, you will likely start to having Electricity problem.
2. Put the right guy into the right room, it helps a lot.
3. Room size increase output and storage; Number of accumulate skill point improve interval.
4. Dwellers aren't easy to find. Don't build lots of rooms in advance.
5. The bar on your resource indicate minimum resource to perform normally. You want to keep this bar on the left side, by upgrading rooms.
6. Rush, a lot. Rushing introduce minimum hazard such as roaches or fire. Both of which you can fix easily (Hopefully you have some basic weapon for roaches).
- If succeed, Rushing not only give you the resources but also Caps and XPs.
- If failed, you will get XPs for resolving the crisis.
Seriously, just do a lot of it.

Exploring
1. If you only have one weapon. Don't try to send him too far.
2. Account time to travel back (Half the travel time)
3. Stim and Rad can help your explorer travel further and safer.

NYCrooner

Tips for newcomers:

Building
1. Room cost electricity. Don't go crazy building new rooms. If you do, you will likely start to having Electricity problem.
3. Room size increase output and storage; Number of accumulate skill point improve interval.
5. The bar on your resource indicate minimum resource to perform normally. You want to keep this bar on the left side, by upgrading rooms.
6. Rush, a lot. Rushing introduce minimum hazard such as roaches or fire. Both of which you can fix easily (Hopefully you have some basic weapon for roaches).

Exploring

I was going to post pretty much all the same thing. These are important tips for newcomers.

My explorer is currently holding 2 items, Radiation Suit and Shotgun. Good thing about Explorers is that they change to the best gear automatically or at least when they only have Vault jumpsuit on.

Tips for newcomers:

Building

Exploring
Should be in the OP.

Has there been any word on a possible patch to put an end to the constant crashing on older iPhones?
Nothing I have heard, sadly.
Tips for newcomers:

Building

Exploring
Very good tips! Wish I knew when I started!

Reule

Yeah, whoever said this game ran like shit on iPhone 4 wasn't kidding. Pretty bad but I want to play. Doing pretty good besides my people not being too happy. Developed the Science Lab so I can produce Radaway since I think that's the problem because they've been complaining about skin conditions and growing a third arm.

I've been raided twice. If you get any guns, equip them right away to someone in each room till I guess a security upgrade is available. Dwellers dispatched them fine with no loss of life. I ended up with a couple good dwellers from lunchboxes who are leading the Power and Water Treatment rooms. Named the first girl that was born Furiosa. Game freaked out on the second child so I took the default name for him.

I'm having fun with the game, a nice time waster. I'd love if they expanded the idea for a downloadable game for PSN/XBL/Steam.

I got over ambitious and built my vault way too big too quick and now every room is having random power cuts, their is no food or water and everyone is sick and dying. Not too bummed out though, given what I have explored in various Fallout games, I am still doing better then like 50% of the vaults out there.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fun little game, but it makes me want a more fleshed out version of this that gets rid of the F2P/time locked elements.

NYCrooner

I suck at this game. My dwellers are so unhappy.

Putting the right Dweller in the right room is of HUGE importance. It keeps Dwellers happy and ramps up production. If a room requires Strength, then place a Dweller with high Strength in that room. So on and so on. Makes all the difference.

Downloaded it to my ipad and played for like 3 minutes before work... but since I have an android phone, I haven't been able to mess around with it since.

And that is dumb. Who switches (or chooses) phone platforms for particular mobile games? Not me.

todahawk

Putting the right Dweller in the right room is of HUGE importance. It keeps Dwellers happy and ramps up production. If a room requires Strength, then place a Dweller with high Strength in that room. So on and so on. Makes all the difference.

Yep, whatever their highest special is, I put them in the corresponding room. Takes some juggling sometimes but everyone is at 75% or higher. Except for the cranky kid who's sitting at 50% and bringing everyone down, moping they're aren't more kids around.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Left the game for like 2 hours and everything went to shit. Kinda frustrating how that works.

Sayers

Sorry if this has been covered, but is there a way to "pause" the game? I can't be checking it every 5 minutes during the day but it appears to still be simulating. Opened up this afternoon and suddenly had no resources and everyone was unhappy.

skybald

Do males have to be in the living quarters for the babies to be born? My one dude (a complete champ!) knocked up 3 chicks but no babies have been born in a while. I loved him down to a production room while the pregnant chicks walk around.

TheContact

How do babies come out BC this girls been preggers for a while. Also I think I found a bug. Just lost half my bunker due to a rad roach infestation. My guys mostly have guns yet they couldn't kill one roach who killed nearly everyone and spread to other rooms. Just spent 1k ressing some people then they all died again to the same roach now half my bunker is dead ans I'm broke and can't res them. So annoyed

How do babies come out BC this girls been preggers for a while. Also I think I found a bug. Just lost half my bunker due to a rad roach infestation. My guys mostly have guns yet they couldn't kill one roach who killed nearly everyone and spread to other rooms. Just spent 1k ressing some people then they all died again to the same roach now half my bunker is dead ans I'm broke and can't res them. So annoyed
it takes like 3 hours

Tobe

this game is pretty fun problem is i have not enough dwellers need more of them and to run another diner, i got my 2 power room (one pimped out lvl 2 and big, the other one is a basic one) big water treatment plant, water aint no problem, but even tho i got the big diner(upgraded to restaurant) i barely get enough food. also 2 babies coming dont how the mother will handle.

stufte

So a random Radroach infestation wiped out all 22 of my dwellers. There seemed to be one invincible roach that no one could kill... :\ Guess I'll start another vault then.

PureYeti

I sent one of my dwellers out in the wasteland and the log said someone is following her or she thought saw someone. Should I be worried?

Tobe

I sent one of my dwellers out in the wasteland and the log said someone is following her or she thought saw someone. Should I be worried?

does he have med pack? radaways? a gun? shouldnt be much of a problem i guess one of my guys went out and helped a dude who couldnt walk.

also anybody got a special dweller from the lunchboxes? in one of mine i got allistair tenenny lvl 45

PureYeti

does he have med pack? radaways? a gun? shouldnt be much of a problem i guess one of my guys went out and helped a dude who couldnt walk.

also anybody got a special dweller from the lunchboxes? in one of mine i got allistair tenenny lvl 45

Just a gun she found exploring. I only have 2 medpacks at that time because raiders start raiding to my vault. I recall later just to be safe and in case more raiders came.

I got Ethan Rice lvl 12 and Bittercup lvl 40

It runs like butt on my iPhone 4. Not really surprised, I kind of expected that.

yeah even 4s is getting long in the tooth. 5s is quite snappy, everything I've tried runs great except dragon quest VIII which annoyingly runs about the same as it did on the 4s

okno

Been playing all day on a 5s without a hitch! Fun little time waster. I have 18 dwellers, five pregnant women, 95% happiness rating and three rare dwellers (a level 32 Alistair Tenpenny being my most rare). It's slow goings, for sure, but it's starting to pick up for me, now.

xkramz

ARyDVys.jpg

I'm moving my pregnant women to the cafeteria and moving more couples to the living quarters, good tactic? lol

well.. no lol its best to move dwellers by their stats. high in "S" is good for power room, "P" is good for water producing rooms. "E" im not too sure. "C" for the living quarters and radio broadcast "I" for med bay and science lab "A" i have no idea and "L" is good to put those folks somewhere where u would be rushing the job alot.

and also just for future reference. when you upload a huge photo like this put your photo under a quote. so it wont load big. for example :

to see what i did just quote me.

Posted this in the wrong thread :lol

Probably been asked, but can I get rid of the people outside my vault? They all have crap SPECIAL and I don't want them, but I can't see any way to send them away.

I got over ambitious and built my vault way too big too quick and now every room is having random power cuts, their is no food or water and everyone is sick and dying. Not too bummed out though, given what I have explored in various Fallout games, I am still doing better then like 50% of the vaults out there.

technically true lol

Not sure if I should be happy or sad that I'm more excited by this than Fallout 4.. It looks kinda fun.

Anyway, Come onnn Android release.

Top Bottom