• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

Moozo

Is the no-more-dwellers-if-someone's-preggers-or-there's-a-kid by design or a glitch? Because it's pretty dumb.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I now want a full version of this. Fallout: Sims is such a brilliant idea, I'm surprised this is the first we've seen of the concept. If they took this and made an actual game out of it...well, that'd be nifty.

Hell, somebody could make a Wasteland: Settlements and it'd be pretty awesome. Imagine all of the building and resource management without the lengthy waits and mobile shenanigans.

SJRB

Gold Member
Good lord, after not attending the Vault for half a day [I need sleep too sometimes], happiness dropped to 10%. It takes forever for it to go back up.

Also - not getting any new people joining the vault, is this tied to the happiness stat?

vpance

I now want a full version of this. Fallout: Sims is such a brilliant idea, I'm surprised this is the first we've seen of the concept. If they took this and made an actual game out of it...well, that'd be nifty.

Hell, somebody could make a Wasteland: Settlements and it'd be pretty awesome. Imagine all of the building and resource management without the lengthy waits and mobile shenanigans.

I think there's a least a couple games out there like this, with the whole building view that is. Rebuild comes to mind though for the post apoc type theme and resource gathering. You should play that if you haven't yet.

Good lord, after not attending the Vault for half a day [I need sleep too sometimes], happiness dropped to 10%. It takes forever for it to go back up.

Also - not getting any new people joining the vault, is this tied to the happiness stat?

cant be cause i had my people fluctuating from 93 - 99% happy and now dwellers showing up

todahawk

I have, it's done 4 cycles with people with 11 and 8 charisma and returned nothing

holy crap. that's gotta be a bug. You're better off just putting them in the barracks together and getting them the old fashioned way.... plus they won't be outsiders

yea i just ran into a roach issue. I think the problem is there is a bug where as you level the roaches get super strong (which they shouldnt) because my guys are like level 11 now and i had a roach infestation and these roaches were taking 100 shots literally to die which is ridiculous. i had to burn like 10 stim packs and the last roach had 2 guys shooting it and it literally took like 100 shots to die

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think there's a least a couple games out there like this, with the whole building view that is. Rebuild comes to mind though for the post apoc type theme and resource gathering. You should play that if you haven't yet.

Hey, thanks. I'll give it a shot. It's not all F2P-y, is it?

Cruxist

Ok, after floundering around for a day, I'm finally starting to pick up on the cadence of the game. I'm still only 2 levels deep, but I've got one tough wasteland explorer and I've redone some of my layout in order to get 3 merged rooms (which I didn't realize I could do before).

This is a fun little game!

hepburn3d

So I'm having a few thoughts:

I've turned notifications off and when I wake up my base is all fine. I wonder if notifications off allows your shelter to freeze if you're not on it.

I've sent a person out to the wasteland for the night. Expecting it to be about 8-10 hours. Given him 10 stimpacks and 10 rad aways. Fingers crossed that's enough and he makes it back to

Etnos

Banned
#AppleOverlords

As opposed to #GoogleOverlords /facepalm, more like #cellphonewarz!

Great game btw. Went bed 3 am playing this on my iPad. Imagine a competent base building management game that has no BS micros transactions nor stupid timers, all that on top the Fallout Universe... yeah it is as fucking great as it sounds!

It's not a paid timer, but there is a timer regardless lol.

Management games need timers: Theme Hospital, Roller Coaster Tycoon, all the classic had timers... You can almost said management games are gigantic timers that evaluate your decisions overtime. The problem is when said timers are freaking stupid to force you into IAP.

todahawk

Yeah, definitely send your people with the best stats out... I sent out my top girl and first thing she finds is power armor.

Management games need timers: Theme Hospital, Roller Coaster Tycoon, all the classic had timers... You can almost said management games are gigantic timers that evaluate your decisions overtime. The problem is when said timers are freaking stupid to force you into IAP.

I watched a stream where I guy got super pissed off a turned off the game before the chat told him it's not a paid timer. lol

Todd Howard should have just made it clear or don't say it.

Etnos

Banned
I watched a stream where I guy got super pissed off a turned off the game before the chat told him it's not a paid timer. lol

Todd Howard should have just made it clear or don't say it.

I suppose I can't blame the guy, the majority of mobile devs have done pretty great job of shitting that platform, consumer confidence is none

ido

Fun little game. I'm almost at 19 people.

It's annoying that the game forces you to build in certain places during the tutorial. I had to go tear all of that down to lay out my vault more neatly.

Babies take a little too long to be born, and sometimes the Objectives are something that is going to take a while (raise the charisma, for example... It takes 40 vault members to build a lounge). So that Objective is taking up an Objective slot and it's annoying. I haven't had too much luck with lunchboxes yet, but I did manage to get a really good dweller: Scribe Rothchild.

Digging this game so far.

One tip I found is when you get an Objective that says "equip clothing on X dwellers" you can find a dweller that has on clothing(other than the vault clothing) and de-equip it and then put it back on them. You can't use that same piece of clothing and use it with multiple people, though. It was helpful, and it works with guns too.

todahawk

Fun little game. I'm almost at 19 people.

It's annoying that the game forces you to build in certain places during the tutorial. I had to go tear all of that down to lay out my vault more neatly.

Babies take a little too long to be born, and sometimes the Objectives are something that is going to take a while (raise the charisma, for example... It takes 40 vault members to build a lounge). So that Objective is taking up an Objective slot and it's annoying. I haven't had too much luck with lunchboxes yet, but I did manage to get a really good dweller: Scribe Rothchild.

Digging this game so far.

One tip I found is when you get an Objective that says "equip clothing on X dwellers" you can find a dweller that has on clothing(other than the vault clothing) and de-equip it and then put it back on them. You can't use that same piece of clothing and use it with multiple people, though. It was helpful, and it works with guns too.

For objectives that you don't want to do or will take too long, you can delete one per day and it will give you a new one.

hepburn3d

What is going on with these roaches? They're destroying me. I have 37 dwellers. My stockpile of stimpacks is being decimated :( I had 6 gunned out people attacking them and they all got to almost dead. I'm not sure but I think harder level roaches spawn in 3 tier level 3 rooms

ido

What is going on with these roaches? They're destroying me. I have 37 dwellers. My stockpile of stimpacks is being decimated :( I had 6 gunned out people attacking them and they all got to almost dead. I'm not sure but I think harder level roaches spawn in 3 tier level 3 rooms

I'm at 20 dwellers and have my power plant/water/diner all 3-tiered and maximum upgraded and haven't ran into these invincible roaches yet.

Really hoping it's not a bug, as I've read a few people here say that one roach has killed their entire vault.

hepburn3d

I'm at 20 dwellers and have my power plant/water/diner all 3-tiered and maximum upgraded and haven't ran into these invincible roaches yet.

Really hoping it's not a bug, as I've read a few people here say that one roach has killed their entire vault.

Well I'm panic running a few dwellers in the wasteland now, trying to get some better guns. Recommend getting 2 Med bays for some stimpacks. 12 stimpacks saved my lil guys

Reule

Man, I want some lunchboxes. I've been completing the hell out of these objectives but only get cap rewards. Girlfriend ended up with a rare power armor in her first lunchbox. :(

HBP

Hmm so I came back after about 2 hours and all but two of my people are dead :( and all resources gone, wtf!

grmlin

Hmm so I came back after about 2 hours and all but two of my people are dead :( and all resources gone, wtf!

If this is not a bug and the way the game was meant to be played, I'm out... I think they somehow calculate the events on load. Stopping the game would mean that the explorers will be out forever until they find something.

Reule

I was trying to figure out why everyone in my Power Generator room had low morale. I zoomed in finally and noticed a corpse from a past rad roach attack. Yeah, I'd be pretty glum seeing my friend or colleague's corpse throughout the day. Once I revived her, all was well.

SJRB

Gold Member
I was trying to figure out why everyone in my Power Generator room had low morale. I zoomed in finally and noticed a corpse from a past rad roach attack. Yeah, I'd be pretty glum seeing my friend or colleague's corpse throughout the day. Once I revived her, all was well.

I'm chuckling way harder than I should at the thought of this, haha

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What stats are best to sen someone out on? Want to send someone out overnight. ALso if I send someone out overnight will they survive, will they use stimpacks automatically? Ideally I want to send someone out over night and have them return while I'm at work

Mik2121

Holy shit, yesterday I went to sleep with not enough water accessible to the Shelter, and when I woke up my Happiness rating was at 31% and everybody's HP was at half and the other half was red with radiation...
I was able to bring the Happiness back to 80% and their health back to normal in about an hour, but still scared me so much!! So yeah, when you guys go to sleep, remember to keep everything safe.

Also I sent a guy out to the wasteland before going to sleep and is coming back now with 10 items, 1000 caps and lvl 20.

What stats are best to sen someone out on? Want to send someone out overnight. ALso if I send someone out overnight will they survive, will they use stimpacks automatically? Ideally I want to send someone out over night and have them return while I'm at work
Don't quote me on this but I think Endurance is what helped me with my guy. He has a ton.

Xerotwo

They really need to make it to where if you're going to sleep, the game would use resources at a somewhat slower pace.

supergiz

Is there a way to get a refund on the lunchboxes? I spent $25 on them only to have the game be unplayable now crashing every 2 minutes, and it is happening to others as well based off what I'm reading here and in the reviews.

I hope it's not one of those processes where I need to spend an hour emailing back and forth to get my money back.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is there a way to get a refund on the lunchboxes? I spent $25 on them only to have the game be unplayable now crashing every 2 minutes, and it is happening to others as well based off what I'm reading here and in the reviews.

I hope it's not one of those processes where I need to spend an hour emailing back and forth to get my money back.

What are you playing it on that it's crashing?

As long as you have I'd say as much past the critical line as comes before it resource-wise you should be fine when leaving the game alone, unless it's bugged. So like double the amount that would put you right at the line.

Top Bottom