• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

They really need to make it to where if you're going to sleep, the game would use resources at a somewhat slower pace.
Has to be a bug, the only thing that carries on overnight are the wasteland, babies & people in those non-production rooms (raising str/agi etc)

one of my objectives is to raise someones special, how do I do that exactly?

also, when you have a dweller pregnant/ when a child is waiting to grow into an adult, no dwellers will come. i kinda screwed myself in that resoect because i need more people but i cant get anyone because of the kid.

Create a room where they can increase attributes to raise the special.

Getting pregnant is much more reliable than hoping for a wanderer

hepburn3d

Sending a lvl 2 person out with 10 stimpacks for an 8 hour sleep wasn't enough. Only 200 caps to revive though. 4 hours till he's back now though :/

hepburn3d

Is it just me or is this game really tough? I've had to restart like 5 times?

Not sure. If you do everything perfect it's fine but as soon as you don't produce enough of something, or don't have enough weapons, or spread your guys out too far; the game punishes you. Kind of liking that, until one of my lvl 45 characters dies I'm sure.

tip: don't bother with babies until you have a decent setup!

Also don't get too many women pregnant. They don't fight. I had a room full of pregnant women flee from roaches :)

grmlin

I'm done with this game, for the moment at least. It needs way to much of my attention constantly.
Opened it again moments ago and the happiness is down to 18%, again... no water and whatnot.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues, for me the game is going super fine on my 5s.
I feel like they could add more things, but it plays nice enough and give at least one survivor and one lunchbox from mission a day.

From which I got this monster guy, tried to breed his talents but sadly stats don't tranfer that easily :(
S8mLhot.jpg

After 2 super successful missions (+3 L dress fuck yeah) 8/14 hours I placed him in the radio, let's see how it works.

Can't even progress beyond the very first tutorial in this game. When I attempt to drag and drop the second dweller it just doesn't do it (first one works fine). Then I have to reset the entire iPad to start over because the help dialogue gets stuck over the ability to exit to the main menu.

NYCrooner

Has anyone done the IAP? Is the payoff worth it? I'm making good progress in the game but I'm tempted to bump things up a little for weapons.

Meier

Got a lunchbox last night that had 100 caps, 50 energy, a wasteland outfit and my rare was 500 caps. Horrible, I'd be raging if I'd paid for that. I feel like I might end up quitting this soon because of the amount of time investment versus the lack of pay off. Up to 42 dwellers and everyone has an outfit plus most everyone has a weapon.. but now what?

Still haven't gotten a rare dweller despite constantly running the radio, no rare weapons, etc. Feels like they haven't tuned this well to me.. F2P games need to give you a little carrot in the form of something impressive to string you along.

aett

I'm at 22 people and I'm thinking about resetting so I can organize my vault better. It takes way too long to get new people... I've had the radio station up for almost 24 hours, with my two most charismatic dwellers manning it, and they've only brought one person to the vault.

What are the benefits to making a room two or three spaces wide (as opposed to two/three separate rooms)?

I'm at 22 people and I'm thinking about resetting so I can organize my vault better. It takes way too long to get new people... I've had the radio station up for almost 24 hours, with my two most charismatic dwellers manning it, and they've only brought one person to the vault.

What are the benefits to making a room two or three spaces wide (as opposed to two/three separate rooms)?

You can save up to 3 Vaults. No need to reset.

And the advantages of a bigger room are more resources, with more people working them. So I think they produce more, faster.

Reule

Radroach massacres, man. Spent a good hour and a half trying to revive my Power, Water, Medical, and Science team. No idea what happened, everyone is practically armed. After I cleaned up that mess, I had yet another attack on my diner which wiped almost everyone. Wish you could spray some Raid around the vault or something. If my vault had a name instead of a number, it would've been Hadley's Hope.

Yeah, I've been shutting the app down completely just to be safe and been ok.
That's what I do. Haven't had a problem.

Has anyone done the IAP? Is the payoff worth it? I'm making good progress in the game but I'm tempted to bump things up a little for weapons.
This guy bought and opened 40. He seemed to get a lot of rares. I'd love to open that many but I'll just stick to the objectives.

Still haven't gotten a rare dweller despite constantly running the radio, no rare weapons, etc. Feels like they haven't tuned this well to me.. F2P games need to give you a little carrot in the form of something impressive to string you along.
Only rare I obtained was last night before I went to bed. Bittercup's Outfit, I believe. No rare weapons or dwellers yet.

That's another good point. Gizmodo recently did a piece on how fragmented the Android landscape has gotten, which makes it tough for developers to effectively target where to put their time and effort for app development.

This puts into perspective how fragmented the marketplace is for Android, with each rectangle representing a different device running a tweaked version of Android.

gsn0eyxtile2pvw0h1rp.png

I don't envy anyone trying to make sense of targeting a wide swath of that.

It's like you don't know how Android works. You only need to worry about 3 sizes and Android takes care of the rest.

I've started the repopulation process. Is it just me, or am I going to be producing a certain amount of children via horrifying incestuous methods? One dude is half the vault's dad.

PureYeti

I've started the repopulation process. Is it just me, or am I going to be producing a certain amount of children via horrifying incestuous methods? One dude is half the vault's dad.

At this point I don't know who is who anymore lol except for my favorite people.

What's a good way to increase happiness?

todahawk

At this point I don't know who is who anymore lol except for my favorite people.

besides assigning jobs to people that relate to their highest special skill radio stations also help with happiness a little bit.

Labrys

I'm guessing all the rare equipments and dwellers are from 3 right? I was hoping to see some NV ones but I doubt it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Putting a man and a woman in a living room for a while increases happiness. So does the ensuing sex. Putting them in the proper room also raises it. Oh, and you have to get rid of any dead bodies, either by reviving (do this) or removing them (don't do this until you have too many people).

Need some help, have a room full of folks at 90%, they were at 100%,but now several of them are wearing hospital face masks, I thought they were sick, but they had full health, then I thought they had rad poisoning, but I tried to use rad away, but that didn't work either.

Evilcrane

Damn, Bethesda really nailed it with this game! I really like how they've made the game more active than most f2p tabet games - no silly energy thingies! I find that you can get quite a few lunch boxes daily and it's pretty easy to manage the vault as long as you don't overextend yourself. The rushing mechanic is very important, just make sure that you have lots of stimpaks all the time as the radroach attacks usually mean that you might have to heal everyone in the room once or twice.

Here's a highres picture of my lovely Vault 42 http://i.imgur.com/4Rd7lgD.png

And a couple of my better vault dwellers:

7cUXBPO.png

jAALsDf.png

u5k8Vm8.png

hepburn3d

That's an awesome moment getting her :D hope I get a good rare soon

My last lunch box rare gave me ... 500 caps :(

I sometimes wonder if devs write into the code that if you don't spend money your rares will be worse. I'd like to think it's completely random but you have to wonder.

Does upgrading a room increase power useage? Haven't figured that out yet

Last night was rough. I had 3 raider attacks and 2 radroach attacks very close to each other. And 1 rad roach that would not die, that had to be a glitch. Really decimated my population. Now I have a bunch of corpses laying around in my water treatment plant. Not good for morale at all.

One thing I discovered if you get the invincible rad roach issue, have everyone leave the room. The roaches will eventually leave the room too, but spread to another room(s), and hopefully won't be invincible. Similar thing for fires, don't send people to put the fire out if a room is empty. It goes out on its own as long as no one is in that room. It will spread, but fires are easy to put out and more people will get XP that way.

Flux

I got Scribe Rothchild from a lunch box. he has robes that max his Charisma and has good overall stats. Been able to use him on the radio to get much better new dwellers.

Maitiú

Wow, so far this game had been a breeze, probably due to some rather nice lunch box rewards in the beginning, but I opened it last night to see my water supply as bare as it goes and about 40 dwellers down to 50% health due to radiation and overall happiness down from high 80s to mid teens, and I had no money to build water plants. Didn't realize how fast things can turn sour, but they can also turn back around quickly enough - everyone is healthy and happiness is back at 85%.

Need some help, have a room full of folks at 90%, they were at 100%,but now several of them are wearing hospital face masks, I thought they were sick, but they had full health, then I thought they had rad poisoning, but I tried to use rad away, but that didn't work either.

I wonder if they can get the flu and if untreated it spreads. Did you try to use a stimpack? I wonder if they can die of old age?

How do I sell outfits and weapons? I did it once before but now I can't seem to find the menu for it.

Tap the icon on the bottom right, then the icon displaying 3 boxes. Then tap on the item you're selling and tap to sell and then again to confirm.

Flux

Well i hit 100 dwellers and have the Nuka Cola room. Wish I didnt send all my high Endurance characters out as explorers since thst room is For E dwellers.

GReeeeN

its a little ridiculous going from a population of 80 with 95% happiness, then I go out for dinner + don't look at the game for about 5-6 hours, come back, and my entire vault is pretty much dead, 08% happiness and infested with roaches....

Meier

My guys find nothing out in the wasteland. It sucks

I can't tell if luck has anything to do with it or not but I assume it does. There's very little info on what any stats do or how they affect things beyond the production of energy, water and food and usage of the radio -- most stuff just sort of leaves you in the dark as to what it does in scenarios other than those that have been prescribed. It's strange that they don't even tell you what room is "right" for someone until you happen to place them accurately.

I had a guy out for like 15 hours or so and he is coming back with 11 guns and 4 outfits. His Luck is around 6 or so from what I can tell. It seems like surviving is really just based on level and that the other stats don't seem to do much in that regard.

Breeding seems completely random too -- regardless of if you have two people with high stats hook up, the baby is always going to be a mix of mostly 1s and 2s with perhaps one 3.

its a little ridiculous going from a population of 80 with 95% happiness, then I go out for dinner + don't look at the game for about 5-6 hours, come back, and my entire vault is pretty much dead, 08% happiness and infested with roaches....
Are you guys exiting out to the main menu before you leave the game? This game is not friendly to just leaving it running. If it's still running, you need to be constantly managing it, because things can go bad very quickly. I don't think putting you iPad/iPhone in standby is enough.

So does the game keep running when you're not playing it?
This is what I've seen, exiting out to the main menu each time:

-Explorers keep exploring
-Resource timers run down to zero, and stay there until you return to the vault and gather them
-if you wait long enough, pregnant women will deliver, and the kids will start their timer at zero.
- If you wait long enough, kids will grow up.

So far, no attacks or disasters.

My guys find nothing out in the wasteland. It sucks

You need to equip him with something that raises his luck, if you don't have any, just send the one with higher stat, it's still going to do better than the others.

So far everytime I sent my dwellers they brought pretty cool stuff, pajamas do wonders when you need babies fast xD

Flame Thrower fuck yeah! (it's perfect against vandals, if you get two you can forgive about them raiding, just put 2 lv 20ish there and your vault is safe)

While yesterday I got only 1 lunchbox out of all the quests, today I got 3 super hard ones!

Got this guy which looks cool but has shitty stats.

And her, and she's amazing both with the radio and as an explorer, I'll try to breed her with my other gold char and see what kind of baby can come out.

I've had multiple births in my vault now but one lady, one of the first is still pregnant with no sign of changing that lol, she's bugged I think.

might just let her explore and kill her off, she can't do much.

The only gold cards I have had are both weapons, lazer gatling and alien pistol, both about 22 dmg.

Top Bottom