• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter: Phone game from Bethesda studios where you are the Overseer, out now

JJD

1. Extreme fragmentation makes it a nightmare to develop for
2. Much lower userbase among gamers
3. Far worse tools and support to create games
4. Far more hackable

There's four good reasons it's not coming to Android right there.

Fallout tagline is outdated now...

Videogames
War HAS changed!

After the Console Wars devastated out planet the Mobiles War might destroy us all!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unfortunately it's not 60fps, even with the best hardware (6+) :(

CamHostage

Do we know for sure it's not coming for Android?

No, we only know what Todd said, and he said it was for "your smartphones and your tablets", and that they worked with Apple to get it on the App store. (...unless I missed a line of text re-listening?)

https://youtu.be/2KApp699WdE

(can't use time in YT Livestream, but it's about 42m back from live)

So maybe it will and maybe it won't. The PIPboy app is iOS/Android, but the Elder Scrolls Legends is iOS and PC. It'd sure be nice to have Bethesda's mobile games on everything (*insert Vita port-begging? No, don't do that...*)

Gabe3208

Banned
IT'S OUT NOW!!!

Go my Apple brethren, go and get it now!

Vault%2Bboy%2Bthumbs%2Bup.png

No, we only know what Todd said, and he said it was for "your smartphones and your tablets", and that they worked with Apple to get it on the App store. (...unless I missed a line of text re-listening?_

https://youtu.be/2KApp699WdE

(can't use time in YT Livestream, but it's about 42m back from live)

Yeah i really think if it was a forever exclusive game they would have said so. If apple paid for the development they would want people to know it was only ever going to be on apple, like street fighter 5 or bloodborne.

I expect an android version at some point, but if not, oh well. Used to being second class for half the price, lol.

RiverBed

Banned
So weird they didn't do a simultaneous launch on the biggest global mobile OS as well. Maybe the Android version is later? But why? Is it 2006 again?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Timers are in the game, and you can "rush" them at the cost of some resource in-game.

iTXVCeE.png

Top Bottom